PDA

View Full Version : Magic, Bucks, Blazers and Hornets the favorites for Dwight Howard

spreadeagle
04-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Dwight Howard seems as good as gone from the Houston Rockets and the suitors lining up for his services this summer seem plentiful.

According to ESPN.comís Calvin Watkins, the Orlando Magic, Milwaukee Bucks, Portland Trail Blazers and Charlotte Hornets stand alone as the favorite to land D12 this summer after he opts out.

Granted, the Rockets havenít been eliminated from the postseason just yet, but it seems inevitable at this point with the team in a 3-1 hole against the Golden State Warriors.

The potential list of favorites is interesting, to say the least. The Magic wouldnít mind a reunion with Howard after discovering building through the draft is harder than it looks. Howard is more mature and a homecoming might not be so bad. Howard playing next to Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jabari Parker in Milwaukee would be fun, as would pick-and-rolls with Damian Lillard in Portland. Howard joining the upstart Hornets would make some sense as well. - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/magic-bucks-blazers-and-hornets-the-favorites-for-dwight-howard-406968.html#sthash.SAOMEhCH.dpuf

kingkenny01
04-27-2016, 08:19 PM
Since when is Milwaukee a favorite to sign anyone

chi-townlove1
04-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Milwaukee and t'wolves are two very legit teams that have a very bright future. Give anything for the Bulls to have their rosters right about now.

spreadeagle
04-27-2016, 08:23 PM
Since when is Milwaukee a favorite to sign anyone

They will prob have the $ to give him a fat deal

Corey
04-27-2016, 08:31 PM
Dont come to Boston please

Crackadalic
04-27-2016, 08:35 PM
I don't understand the bucks wanting Howard when they got Monroe

Same thing with the magic with Vuciac

Portland is intriguing

Hornets seems like a good fit

5ass
04-27-2016, 08:57 PM

Portland is intriguing

Vucevic is paid like a back up big, and it's probably best to use him that way (which we did last few games, and he killed it). i think most Magic fans want to see a defensive upgrade at starting center. I would love it if we could sign Whiteside and either bring Vucevic off the bench or trade him. I want the Magic to have an elite defensive team and that's not happening with Vucevic. I would not really want them to sign Howard though. The big problem is his max is near 33 mill/yr...

TheNumber37
04-27-2016, 09:05 PM

Portland is intriguing

Their problem all season was interior D.
They were trying to trade Greg Monroe.

I think if they got Dwight, they'd trade Monroe

If I'm Howard, Hornets and Blazers make the most sense.

Hornets shoot a lot of 3s, defend and run the pick and Roll. Kemba and Lin would benefit in pick and roll.

Blazers make sense too because they are young team with Cap Space.

As far as team structure, I think Howard would benefit from Charlotte

Aust
04-27-2016, 09:37 PM
I'd like to see him on the Bucks and Blazers.

ManningToTyree
04-28-2016, 12:42 AM
Just stay away from New York please

basketballkitty
04-28-2016, 12:45 AM
Even before this thread...I always thought Portland made sense. They need a front court rebounder and defender. And they certainly have the Cap space. I thought if not Dwight, then Whiteside at the very least.

numba1CHANGsta
04-28-2016, 01:17 AM
He's going to ATL when Horford leaves

Monta is beast
04-28-2016, 01:17 AM
Best fit is por but i wouldnt want that dude on my team

SeoulBeatz
04-28-2016, 01:38 AM
Any teams with a drop of sense should stay far, far away from this cancer.

Jesus, I've never seen a player/team as disinterested in a playoff series as Dwight and the Rockets. No passion, no sense of urgency, I've seen more effort during Sixer's preseason games.

IndyRealist
04-28-2016, 08:50 AM
A good portion of Portland's success this season can be attributed to Mason Plumlee and Ed Davis. An aging and flaky Dwight doesn't improve that team.

I suspect Milwaukee is looking to slide Monroe to PF and shore up their defense. Not a bad move at all.

Even if the Hornet's are finally transitioning away from Al Jefferson, it still doesn't fit. Dwight doesn't solve their problems and gets in the way. They fought to keep Kaminsky and he's best served next to Williams or Zeller so he has the mismatch and can run the floor.

My understanding, according to Magic fans here, was that Vucevic is a top 10ish center. Why would they want, again, an aging and flaky Dwight?

Stinkyoutsider
04-28-2016, 09:36 AM
Well, I can understand why there's interested teams but it has to be at the right price. I'm not paying Howard a max deal so if that's what he's looking for, he can look for another club.

My thing is, Howard is what you see now. I rather entertain the idea of paying a player like Whiteside that sort of money because he's still growing and developing as a player and I can see Whiteside as an all-star caliber player.

More than medical issues is my question about Howard's heart. If I'm a playoff team, I want my highest paid players to absolutely hate to lose to the point they lose some sleep over it. And, I want those players to push all the other guys on the team and to improve everyone's game. For Howard, I just see a guy who's not too bothered by losing. And, that's a problem if I was running a club.

Tony_Starks
04-28-2016, 09:42 AM
I think it would actually be good for him to go back to Orlando and finish his career there. That would be a good story.

DboneG
04-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Howard will get a max contract. You may as well put sorry arse Dallas on that list.

rhino17
04-28-2016, 10:09 AM
LOL at anyone giving Dwight a max contract. He isn't even a top 10 center anymore. His defense isn't good anymore. Outside of rebounding and shot blocking, he doesn't do anything well. The little value he brings in those 2 categories is not worth the locker room cancer that he is

Scoots
04-28-2016, 11:00 AM
LOL at anyone giving Dwight a max contract. He isn't even a top 10 center anymore. His defense isn't good anymore. Outside of rebounding and shot blocking, he doesn't do anything well. The little value he brings in those 2 categories is not worth the locker room cancer that he is

I'm not a fan of DW, but who are the 10 centers better than he is?

DR_1
04-28-2016, 12:50 PM
He'd be good in Portland. Surprised Chicago wasnt listed

muelly
04-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Milwaukee and t'wolves are two very legit teams that have a very bright future. Give anything for the Bulls to have their rosters right about now.

We'll take the MJ era and your hockey team in MKE.

Deal done!

valade16
04-28-2016, 01:15 PM
As a Blazer fan, judging by how the Clippers minus Paul and Blake carved our paint defense up it's obvious we need a defensive big man, but I'm still hesitant on Dwight.

First, he's definitely older than the rest of our core so unless we think we have a shot to usurp the Warriors, Spurs, or Thunder in the West I'm not sure why we'd restrict ourselves financially for a player that won't make us consistently competitive against those teams.

Second, his body is beaten down and he's not nearly the player he was in his prime.

Third, he has unrealistic expectations of his role. If he thinks he can still be a dominant franchise level player he is wrong. He often demanded the ball in the post this season but his post scoring efficiency was abysmal. I doubt he would be content in the role he is now suited for.

Fourth, unrealistic salary demands. Anything near the max is completely overpaying and I hope Portland doesn't.

I'm not opposed to him, but at this point there are way too many concerns for me to want him as a Blazer fan.

gaughan333
04-28-2016, 01:34 PM
He may be older, but I'm not sure "more mature" is the best description of howard.

5ass
04-28-2016, 01:57 PM
A good portion of Portland's success this season can be attributed to Mason Plumlee and Ed Davis. An aging and flaky Dwight doesn't improve that team.

I suspect Milwaukee is looking to slide Monroe to PF and shore up their defense. Not a bad move at all.

Even if the Hornet's are finally transitioning away from Al Jefferson, it still doesn't fit. Dwight doesn't solve their problems and gets in the way. They fought to keep Kaminsky and he's best served next to Williams or Zeller so he has the mismatch and can run the floor.

My understanding, according to Magic fans here, was that Vucevic is a top 10ish center. Why would they want, again, an aging and flaky Dwight?
When you have three potentially near elite defenders in Payton, Gordon and Oladipo you want a center that won't hold them back. As much as i like Vucevic, he'll likely never be the defender we need to build an elite defensive team. He's a good player and one of the best offensive centers in the league, and IMO he is a top 10ish center.

5ass
04-28-2016, 01:58 PM
i'd like to see him with the bucks or blazers. i think theyre both good fits

DboneG
04-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Dwight Howard went from Kobe to Harden...lol These two guys have to be some of the most selfish players in NBA history. They put the "i" in Teiam.

I know he's glad to get the heck out of there! I think the Bucks will be a better fit because of the Bucks drive/hunger and being a young team, they also share the ball. Let Greg Monroe come off the bench. The Blazers will be a good landing also.

DboneG
04-28-2016, 02:29 PM
i'd like to see him with the bucks or blazers. i think theyre both good fits

agree...

IndyRealist
04-28-2016, 03:22 PM
When you have three potentially near elite defenders in Payton, Gordon and Oladipo you want a center that won't hold them back. As much as i like Vucevic, he'll likely never be the defender we need to build an elite defensive team. He's a good player and one of the best offensive centers in the league, and IMO he is a top 10ish center.

I would think then you go get a rim protecting PF and live with Vucevic's deficiency. Having Al Jefferson hasn't stopped Charlotte from posting a top tier defense. They just had to get him to buy in, not suddenly turn into Zo.

FOXHOUND
04-28-2016, 03:57 PM
I think there's a whole lot of conjecture in that article...

I think Charlotte is the best fit, both in terms of roster and where they are as a team. If Charlotte is going to go with Kemba-Batum-MKG-Marvin-Dwight it works. Kemba is turning 26 in May, MKG is turning 23 in Sep, Batum is 27 and Marvin turns 30 in June. Their core is older and they're ready to win now, a good center can push them to the next level.

Batum and Marvin are FAs, so I'm not sure about their cap situation with their cap holds and how much they can even offer Dwight, but a high paying but short term deal would be ideal. Something like a 3/$75M would be good and that's already dangerous as it is.

In terms of other options there, I don't think he fits them at all. Milwaukee's core is very young and doesn't have the shooting to space the floor. Portland likewise is very young so don't see them really matching up. Magic is, once again, very young and would be more a end of career going back home novelty than any real winning opportunity. I think Dallas will go after him again but they also are on the way out.

JasonJohnHorn
04-28-2016, 04:01 PM
I don't know why any team would want him.

Hope he goes to the Lakers.

Saddletramp
04-28-2016, 06:31 PM
I think the Rockets made a mistake in not trading him at the deadline. I know Morey wasn't blown away with any offers* but Howard will either bolt this offseason for nothing, exercise his player option, thus tying up $24 million or whatever for another season before a retool, or try to sign in Houston long term (which I have to think is off the table.

Best case scenario is if he exercises his option then gets traded for whatever this offseason or at the deadline. The longer Morey waits, though (assuming Dwight opts in) the more of a risk the other team is taking.

*I'm not sure what the actual offers were but Morey had to figure this season was a lost cause. Trade Dwight, get a draft pick or two (even if it's not straight value), probably not make the playoffs (they barely made it with him but maybe they would have meshed better without him-which would be nice to know going forward), keep their first round pick that now belongs to Denver, and start over.

Ariza's Better
04-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Best options for him a hornets and bucks. He would push both into contention in the east.
The thing about Dwight is he is great and doesn't cause headaches until his final year of his contract. So Dwights new team should sign to a 3 year deal and trade him after two.

5ass
04-28-2016, 07:22 PM
I would think then you go get a rim protecting PF and live with Vucevic's deficiency. Having Al Jefferson hasn't stopped Charlotte from posting a top tier defense. They just had to get him to buy in, not suddenly turn into Zo.

that's easier said than done. Not many powerforwards out there that can fill that role without creating another problem. Besides, AG is the future PF, and eventually it could work out, but Vucevic is still going to be holding them back. I want an elite defensive team with athletes 1-5. We saw how the team played with Dedmon, and it seems an athletic defensive 5 is a better fit. The Magic have multiple players that can take over the scoring load as they develop their offensive games. I dont yet see any elite scorers (including Vucevic) on our team, and because of that i think we need an elite defensive unit. I think eventually we could have great to elite defenders 1-5.

If Vucevic was giving us elite efficiency on his offense it wouldnt be a problem, but that's not likely to happen when he takes a lot of midrange shots and doesnt get to the FT line (somewhat by design but mostly on him). I'll give credit to Vucevic, because he did buy into the defensive philosophy early in the season. Defended the rim very well, and had the Magic at like top 5 in DRTG, but he got exposed on the pick n roll and just couldnt sustain his energy level. I want a 5 that is mobile and vocal defensively. A true anchor.

That's just my opinion. Some Magic fans will probably agree with you, but i think just getting a true rim protector at center is the easier and maybe more effective route. But if you can get Serge Ibaka for example, I think him and Vucevic could be extremely effective.

J4KOP99
04-28-2016, 08:46 PM
Hornets would be a nice fit. Much less media attention too. That team would be pretty damn good.

I bet he ends up on the knicks somehow haha. Disaster city if he does

Scoots
04-28-2016, 10:29 PM
If Howard wants to win he should give up on the money and the shot attempts and pick a team to win. He doesn't care about winning because he knows he's already a champion, so he's just going for the money and the fame.

He may well get a max offer, and whichever team signs him will regret it.

naps
04-29-2016, 03:55 AM
He shouldn't get anything more than 12 mil a year but he certainly will though. Dude must regret leaving Orlando. That was a beautiful team. He messed up big time.

Mave1002
04-29-2016, 07:25 AM
I regret the day when I actually cheered for this guy. He's a selfish whiner who can't deliver. A player who wants the offense to run around him but cannot carry a team. Wouldve been better than most defenders out there if he focused on being a defensive anchor but yeah. He complained, he whined, he never wanted to be a part of a team game.

Total cancer.

HeartOfStarks
04-29-2016, 10:25 AM
I think the Rockets made a mistake in not trading him at the deadline. I know Morey wasn't blown away with any offers* but Howard will either bolt this offseason for nothing, exercise his player option, thus tying up $24 million or whatever for another season before a retool, or try to sign in Houston long term (which I have to think is off the table.

Best case scenario is if he exercises his option then gets traded for whatever this offseason or at the deadline. The longer Morey waits, though (assuming Dwight opts in) the more of a risk the other team is taking.

*I'm not sure what the actual offers were but Morey had to figure this season was a lost cause. Trade Dwight, get a draft pick or two (even if it's not straight value), probably not make the playoffs (they barely made it with him but maybe they would have meshed better without him-which would be nice to know going forward), keep their first round pick that now belongs to Denver, and start over.

Morey has officially confused the **** outta me at this point. He was THE moneyball bball guy, advanced analytics, getting max value for under the radar guys, etc.

Then all of a sudden he flips a piece of the stockpile for Harden (which made sense, that part I understood).

But he adds Dwight, Josh Smith, and finally Ty Lawson to that mix, which just seemed to go against everything he was doing several years back. To me it seemed like a complete 180. I guess he was pushing for title contention with those moves (as a longshot maybe?). Like I said I'm just confused at this point as to what he's doing, considering how he was running things there before.

Back when he was ripping off the Knicks (like everyone else) I was definitely envious of him and the Rox in terms of how they were being operated. Now not so much (even though Knicks are still at least a partial mess)

What's the plan in H-Town?

IndyRealist
04-29-2016, 10:55 AM
Morey has officially confused the **** outta me at this point. He was THE moneyball bball guy, advanced analytics, getting max value for under the radar guys, etc.

Then all of a sudden he flips a piece of the stockpile for Harden (which made sense, that part I understood).

But he adds Dwight, Josh Smith, and finally Ty Lawson to that mix, which just seemed to go against everything he was doing several years back. To me it seemed like a complete 180. I guess he was pushing for title contention with those moves (as a longshot maybe?). Like I said I'm just confused at this point as to what he's doing, considering how he was running things there before.

Back when he was ripping off the Knicks (like everyone else) I was definitely envious of him and the Rox in terms of how they were being operated. Now not so much (even though Knicks are still at least a partial mess)

He became invested in his decisions. That tends to happen when you openly gloat, you can't afford to admit you were wrong. It's sunk cost fallacy, and when it wasn't working he should have flipped them for different pieces that would fit. Instead he doubled down on making Harden/Howard work.

FOXHOUND
04-29-2016, 12:37 PM
He tried to trade Howard but no one wanted to deal for him unless he opted into the final year of his contract. Howard would obviously not do that, as he's going to hit FA and get his final big contract of whatever size. No team is going to trade assets for an upcoming FA when they're all going to have cap space to go after him anyways.

Kao Sorn
04-29-2016, 01:44 PM
As a Blazer fan I have reservations about this. Is he better then Plumlee. Yes. For how long? I don't know. Is he a cancer...well even Phil Jackson was able to get production out of Rodman but Cousins is killing Sac right now. So does talent now overshadow potential later? What is the right price? (Price is an easy question---He is a near max player whether you believe it or not. Someone will offer it so that is his price.) As a small market we pay more then others to get talent. Back to Plumlee vs. Howard

Howard was 13.7 on .62 shooting Winner Howard
Both are career 56-58% FT shooters
Plum was a near .60 shooter around the rim but his year he has been trying to force the issue with this weird float shot. It's not very good.

Rebounds: Plum was 7.7, 2.5 off
Howard was 11.8, 3.4 off Winner Howard

Blocks/Steals: Plum was 1.0 blk and .8 stls
Howard was 1.6 blks and 1.0 stls Winner Howard

Assists/TO's: Plum was 2.8 assists to 1.9 to's Winner Plumlee
Howard was 1.4 assists to 2.3 to's

Fouls: 3.1 for each. Howard played 7 more minutes then Plumlee (Plumlee does commit some dumb fouls sometimes)

Damian is hitting his stride now. This is the time to add impact players to create a championship window. If don't use our cap space CJ is going to gobble it up next summer.

I say bring Howard on and trade Plumlee for a better PF or SF. Aminu can play either PF or SF depending on who we get.

mrblisterdundee
04-29-2016, 02:16 PM
I hope Portland can steal Al Horford from Atlanta. Then Howard can go there. He'd actually fit pretty good with all of Atlanta's shooters surrounding him.

Saddletramp
04-29-2016, 02:25 PM

On paper, Dwight, Smith and Lawson are definite upgrades to what they had. It just didn't mesh well. Need a guy who can create for others so Harden isn't so overworked? Lawson should have been perfect for that. Wanted Smith a few years prior but didn't want to spend that insane money Detroit offered? Then he became available for pennies on the dollar after Detroit misused him (although maybe it was more of him overachieving in Atlanta). And Dwight just didn't produce at his Orlando rate because of either injury or system or not being "the man" and taking second seat to Harden.

If Howard opts out (Smith, Terry, Beasely and Goudelouck are all either unrestricted or team options but they all make right around a million each) then their salaries will be around $45 million so far for next year. And what will the cap be? $100 million? They can do some damage with free agents but I'm not sure who would want to go there with the way things have worked out. Then again, I'm assuming they get a new coach and if Howard opts out things might get back to normal, chemistry wise, and those three point shooters might start hitting their threes again. Things can't get much worse........right?

KD for $25 million a year and Horford for $20 million a year, then match whatever DMo gets and roll with that for the next few years.

Sign the next Brad Stevens/Terry Stotts/Rick Carlisle guy as the coach and roll with:

Bev/Rookie, Vet min, somebody or Harden
Harden/McDaniels
KD/Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
Horford/Dmo/Harrell/(Ariza in small ball)
Capela/Horford

There ya go, a little tweaking with vet minimum guys and I just fixed the Rockets!

Scoots
04-30-2016, 11:04 AM
As a Blazer fan I have reservations about this. Is he better then Plumlee. Yes. For how long? I don't know. Is he a cancer...well even Phil Jackson was able to get production out of Rodman but Cousins is killing Sac right now. So does talent now overshadow potential later? What is the right price? (Price is an easy question---He is a near max player whether you believe it or not. Someone will offer it so that is his price.) As a small market we pay more then others to get talent. Back to Plumlee vs. Howard

Howard was 13.7 on .62 shooting Winner Howard
Both are career 56-58% FT shooters
Plum was a near .60 shooter around the rim but his year he has been trying to force the issue with this weird float shot. It's not very good.

Rebounds: Plum was 7.7, 2.5 off
Howard was 11.8, 3.4 off Winner Howard

Blocks/Steals: Plum was 1.0 blk and .8 stls
Howard was 1.6 blks and 1.0 stls Winner Howard

Assists/TO's: Plum was 2.8 assists to 1.9 to's Winner Plumlee
Howard was 1.4 assists to 2.3 to's

Fouls: 3.1 for each. Howard played 7 more minutes then Plumlee (Plumlee does commit some dumb fouls sometimes)

Damian is hitting his stride now. This is the time to add impact players to create a championship window. If don't use our cap space CJ is going to gobble it up next summer.

I say bring Howard on and trade Plumlee for a better PF or SF. Aminu can play either PF or SF depending on who we get.

Per game numbers don't really mean much when one of them is playing 50% more minutes than the other.

Scoots
04-30-2016, 11:14 AM
On paper, Dwight, Smith and Lawson are definite upgrades to what they had. It just didn't mesh well. Need a guy who can create for others so Harden isn't so overworked? Lawson should have been perfect for that. Wanted Smith a few years prior but didn't want to spend that insane money Detroit offered? Then he became available for pennies on the dollar after Detroit misused him (although maybe it was more of him overachieving in Atlanta). And Dwight just didn't produce at his Orlando rate because of either injury or system or not being "the man" and taking second seat to Harden.

If Howard opts out (Smith, Terry, Beasely and Goudelouck are all either unrestricted or team options but they all make right around a million each) then their salaries will be around $45 million so far for next year. And what will the cap be? $100 million? They can do some damage with free agents but I'm not sure who would want to go there with the way things have worked out. Then again, I'm assuming they get a new coach and if Howard opts out things might get back to normal, chemistry wise, and those three point shooters might start hitting their threes again. Things can't get much worse........right?

KD for $25 million a year and Horford for $20 million a year, then match whatever DMo gets and roll with that for the next few years.

Sign the next Brad Stevens/Terry Stotts/Rick Carlisle guy as the coach and roll with:

Harden/McDaniels
KD/Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
Capela/Horford

There ya go, a little tweaking with vet minimum guys and I just fixed the Rockets!

This deserves it's own thread. What was wrong with McDaniels this year, it seemed he just couldn't get on the floor?

Saddletramp
04-30-2016, 02:16 PM
This deserves it's own thread. What was wrong with McDaniels this year, it seemed he just couldn't get on the floor?

No three point shot (not like anyone was a sniper, though) and he's very similar to Ariza and Brewer. I don't think he's "there" yet but I'd rather roll with him more than Brewer. Two more years for super cheap, let's see what he can do..

5ass
04-30-2016, 02:23 PM
the hornets could actually be pretty good:

Kemba
Batum
MKG
Williams
Howard

not bad at all. i like this team. 2-4 are all long and mobile enough to switch on defense.

FOXHOUND
04-30-2016, 02:51 PM

Harden/McDaniels
KD/Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
Capela/Horford

Good post, but there are a couple of issues.

A) The cap is set to be $92M, not $100M

B) That would require Durant and Horford actually wanting to go there, mainly Durant.

If it were that easy then the Knicks would be signing Durant this summer too and problem solved lol.

FOXHOUND
04-30-2016, 02:57 PM
the hornets could actually be pretty good:

Kemba
Batum
MKG
Williams
Howard

not bad at all. i like this team. 2-4 are all long and mobile enough to switch on defense.

I think that's his only chance at any real success. No matter where he ends up though, he's going to have to accept his best role for a winning team. He has to really focus on defense and rebounding with his offense being gravy, and accept that. He also needs to get back to being more of a PnR player instead of wanting to post so bad. If he doesn't do that it won't matter where he goes.

Cal827
04-30-2016, 04:34 PM

100x this. Not only Vucevic, but does Orlando really want to bring him in around the young guys? I mean, they say he's matured more, but this previous season in Houston showed that he still has the potential to be volatile.

Saddletramp
04-30-2016, 04:52 PM
Good post, but there are a couple of issues.

A) The cap is set to be $92M, not $100M

B) That would require Durant and Horford actually wanting to go there, mainly Durant.

If it were that easy then the Knicks would be signing Durant this summer too and problem solved lol.

Good catch on the cap. And I'm totally fan-boying the Durant/Horford dream. Really doubt Durant comes here and pretty sure Horford won't, either. Both of them? P'shaw.

FOXHOUND
04-30-2016, 08:02 PM
Good catch on the cap. And I'm totally fan-boying the Durant/Horford dream. Really doubt Durant comes here and pretty sure Horford won't, either. Both of them? P'shaw.

I can see Horford, but going to the western conference may be the toughest sale. I think if Morey really gets his salesman on that something like Horford and Pau is possible. Harden better be kissing some *** at those meetings though lmao.

Scoots
04-30-2016, 10:15 PM
It would be a heck of an achievement to get KD and Horford for $45M.

europagnpilgrim
04-30-2016, 11:23 PM
I think that's his only chance at any real success. No matter where he ends up though, he's going to have to accept his best role for a winning team. He has to really focus on defense and rebounding with his offense being gravy, and accept that. He also needs to get back to being more of a PnR player instead of wanting to post so bad. If he doesn't do that it won't matter where he goes.

Well he may as well stay in Houston since they reached WCF last playoff season and do that at his highest capabilities, but to each its own

Rockets will re load since we all know they are one of the top winning teams the past decade plus, not titles but w-l wise

kobe4thewinbang
05-01-2016, 12:39 AM
I say the Bucks nab him. What's the word coming out of Houston? Do they want to work a S&T or just let him go? He's been horrid in the playoffs, even though I think he might've outscored my "will he score over/under 50 points for the series" question.

He lacks the heart to be a Celtic, just like with the Lakers.

The Mavericks could use him, no word on interest there though, Orlando makes zero sense and how they'd even entertain the notion is baffling after the mess Dwight caused them, and Hornets made a good run this season so he would help compared to Al Jefferson.

I think he elevates a team in the middle of the pack, but he's not going to do much more these days.

Saddletramp
05-01-2016, 01:00 AM
I say the Bucks nab him. What's the word coming out of Houston? Do they want to work a S&T or just let him go? He's been horrid in the playoffs, even though I think he might've outscored my "will he score over/under 50 points for the series" question.

He lacks the heart to be a Celtic, just like with the Lakers.

The Mavericks could use him, no word on interest there though, Orlando makes zero sense and how they'd even entertain the notion is baffling after the mess Dwight caused them, and Hornets made a good run this season so he would help compared to Al Jefferson.

I think he elevates a team in the middle of the pack, but he's not going to do much more these days.

He was bad this year but he's been mostly good to great in the playoffs the past two years.

And the Mavs have already said that they don't want him for the max or anything near it. If he does end up in Dallas he'll probably suck in most games but put up massive stats against the Rockets.

Agree with the rest.

Chrisclover
05-01-2016, 02:06 AM
It would be funny to see him in Magic jersey again. It will look like a soldier's retreating. He left in pursuit of a title but would come back just for a big contract? That's not a super hero we would like to see.

Lakers + Giants
05-01-2016, 02:27 AM
I remember posting that it was best for the lakers and dwight once he left us. Ppl ridiculed me saying lakers were huge losers since dwight left... **** you all! It was best for both parties involved...