PDA

View Full Version : Return of Chris Bosh?

WaDe03
04-26-2016, 10:51 PM

I listened to Ethan skolnicks podcast who is a Miami Heat reporter. Apparently Bosh wants to come back, has been working his *** off with the staff, traveling with the team, and has even got approval from some doctors to come back. The problem is the Heat are hesitant to let him back and that's the only thing stopping him from coming back.

Do you think he will be back if we make it past the first round?

What's your opinion on this?

In my personal opinion he's a grown *** man and should be able to make and decision he wants on whether he can come back or not. Even his own wife wants him to come back as you can see from the tweet. Isn't traveling the main problem? He's been doing that so I don't see why not. He's been working his *** off in the gym too. We could definitely use him and I believe he takes us to the next level.

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 11:30 PM
I'm sure his wife wants him to come back (or not, she's a golddigger so she probably wants him to be healthy and sign a new contract), but that doesn't mean he should. At the end of the day, Bosh would help this team big time. If he can play without even a 1% chance of endangering his life, he should do so.

Sly Guy
04-26-2016, 11:35 PM
if the docs say to come back, I don't see why they wouldn't. It'd be nice to have someone come back from injury in the playoffs for a change, and it would definitely shakeup the east's 2nd and potentially 3rd round matchups.

WaDe03
04-27-2016, 12:15 AM
if the docs say to come back, I don't see why they wouldn't. It'd be nice to have someone come back from injury in the playoffs for a change, and it would definitely shakeup the east's 2nd and potentially 3rd round matchups.

Yea I agree. The Heats staff are always so overprotective. Sometimes you just have to do things and I think letting him play is one of them. Just saw a video of him at American Airlines arena shooting 3s right now. His guy wants to come back, let him.

WaDe03
04-27-2016, 12:17 AM
I'm sure his wife wants him to come back (or not, she's a golddigger so she probably wants him to be healthy and sign a new contract), but that doesn't mean he should. At the end of the day, Bosh would help this team big time. If he can play without even a 1% chance of endangering his life, he should do so.

He's well beyond set for life with this contract he has now lol. That's the thing, with this blood clot his life was never in danger. I think they should let him. Why play what-if scenarios if he's actually able to come back. I don't want to sit here and say "man what if we had Bosh" when he thinks he's ready to come back. He has actually been blocked off from all media and not allowed to talk to any of them when they are in the locker room. I'm guessing they're scared of what he'll say because he wants to come back.

Dade County
04-27-2016, 12:26 AM
This is not news... Bosh was always going to come back and play again.

beasted86
04-27-2016, 12:31 AM
From what little I know about the subject of blood clots, assuming you have no genetic risks or don't have deep vein thrombosis, the minimal amount of time a doctor would have a patient on blood thinners is 3 months.

With Bosh only being put on the injured list around February 12th for All-Star weekend, a 3 month regimen of anticoagulant drugs would have him back no sooner than May 12th.

They can do imaging with doppler to find clots though, and if there are none, it's possible he could play if he is no longer on the medicine. But I understand if doctors are recommending he stay out for the full 3 months before clearing him. It's just doing their due diligence. I really want him back also, but I agree with sitting him no less than the full 3 months.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2016, 01:01 AM
From what little I know about the subject of blood clots, assuming you have no genetic risks or don't have deep vein thrombosis, the minimal amount of time a doctor would have a patient on blood thinners is 3 months.

With Bosh only being put on the injured list around February 12th for All-Star weekend, a 3 month regimen of anticoagulant drugs would have him back no sooner than May 12th.

They can do imaging with doppler to find clots though, and if there are none, it's possible he could play if he is no longer on the medicine. But I understand if doctors are recommending he stay out for the full 3 months before clearing him. It's just doing their due diligence. I really want him back also, but I agree with sitting him no less than the full 3 months.

I have really thick blood and have been dealing with them for the past 6 years... It started out as a pain in my calf and they put me on blood thinners for 6 months..xeralta or whatever... After that i was 100 percent brand new... 5 months later i had one in my thigh... rinse repeat.... Each and every time they gave me an ultra sound.. Literally checked me with an ultra sound machine from ankle to groin... some of the worst pain I have been in is when they stuck the machine into the area between my balls and my thigh because they have to press down so hard lol.... Long story short i get why the heat are being so protective... if at anytime the clot breaks off or moves up it could kill extremely quick....Pulmonary embolism is one of the leading killers in our country... I am an extremely healthy 30 year old guy who works out a ton and within such a short time because of clots my life was in danger.

Also I am stuck on xeralta for like ever now and i get constant nose bleeds out of nowhere... basically like a fricking waterfall of blood.

gauth25
04-27-2016, 01:07 AM
For someone who has had this happen in the past he sure must be going through hell trying to decide what to do. Not only was his career put in jeopardy but also his life when he was diagnosed with the first clot. I mean, I'm no doctor and I'm sure they have a better idea of what precautionary measures need to be taken since this wasn't the first time he has had this happen but unless they can somewhat guarantee no harm will come from him playing, I hope he doesn't risk it. I personally believe if the Heat have him available and he can play anywhere near full full strength they have a better chance of knocking off the Cavs than the Raptors can. He's the skilled big man that Toronto lacks and it's too bad because they a lot of talent. This isn't a knock on JV but he isn't the same kind of threat that Bosh is. Love and Thompson would have fits trying to guard him which would probably end up with Lebron having to don that task.

Who knows what will happen. I'm sure he's getting opinions from so many doctors right now so it'll come down to what he and the Heat staff feel is best for him.

WaDe03
04-27-2016, 01:17 AM

So mid 2nd round or right before the ECF in assuming? This current team would have to get stuff done for that to happen but I believe they can. Say we beat the Hornets in 6, what difference will that extra week off make? I feel he's so close to the deadline but at this point of the season nothing is guaranteed. We could be knocked out in the next 2 games. I say if we win this series we should have him practice with us before game 1 of round 2 and see what happens. He's itching to come back and has support from his family.

Scoots
04-27-2016, 01:28 AM
IF Bosh comes back it will take a while to get back into the flow of things and he may actually hurt the play of the team if they force his role.

WaDe03
04-27-2016, 01:36 AM
IF Bosh comes back it will take a while to get back into the flow of things and he may actually hurt the play of the team if they force his role.

I think he would come off the bench and get anywhere from 20-30 minutes a game as backup for Deng and Hassan. It doesn't take players of his level that much time to get themselves back. He basically took another summer, he wasn't injured just had blood clots and has been working his *** off in the gym for over a month and a half I believe.

Scoots
04-27-2016, 01:55 AM
I think he would come off the bench and get anywhere from 20-30 minutes a game as backup for Deng and Hassan. It doesn't take players of his level that much time to get themselves back. He basically took another summer, he wasn't injured just had blood clots and has been working his *** off in the gym for over a month and a half I believe.
I didn't say anything about his conditioning. Getting into the flow of a well functioning team is hard to do after an extended absence.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

DboneG
04-27-2016, 09:21 AM
Let him play right now. I personally think Bosh should retire. He's in the HOF right now if he quit. It will be the same dang thing next year. Putting the team on this roller coster ride. You know, a good whack across the arm can start the blood clot process. Is he going to be on thinners all the time...not good. Stop being selfish Chris. Retire!!

Enjoy your life.

SteBO
04-27-2016, 09:22 AM
I didn't say anything about his conditioning. Getting into the flow of a well functioning team is hard to do after an extended absence.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Correct. Therefore, the best way to go about it if Miami cleared him (unlikely by the way, knowing then HEAT organization) is to do what they did with Amare. (10-15 mpg, expect in this case off the bench)

But if you ask me, I think the discussion is a fruitless one. I think there was a liability issue here on the part of the HEAT from the start, and if they're uncomfortable throwing him into the fire of playoff competition, they have every right to be cautious.

Slug3
04-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Let him play right now. I personally think Bosh should retire. He's in the HOF right now if he quit. It will be the same dang thing next year. Putting the team on this roller coster ride. You know, a good whack across the arm can start the blood clot process. Is he going to be on thinners all the time...not good. Stop being selfish Chris. Retire!!

Enjoy your life.

Nobody has said how really he has gotten the clots, but if I had to guess I would think it would be from the plane rides. If thats what they suspect maybe they could put a stationary bike on the place for him to get up and ride every so often to get the blood going again. Again I don't know if thats the cause, just taking a guess.

Mr. Baller
04-27-2016, 12:02 PM
Its just not worth it. This team with or without Bosh cannot win the NBA finals. Yeah we would have a shot at making the finals but again it takes time to getting back into game shape and getting use to playing with his teammates again. I rather be safe then sorry and just wait till next season

beasted86
04-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Nobody has said how really he has gotten the clots, but if I had to guess I would think it would be from the plane rides. If thats what they suspect maybe they could put a stationary bike on the place for him to get up and ride every so often to get the blood going again. Again I don't know if thats the cause, just taking a guess.
I was thinking the same thing. For next season, I wonder if there is enough space in first class between the rows to use one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-15-0120-InStride-Cycle-XL/dp/B000PEM63K

From interviews he's said he has been following the doctors directions to get up and walk every few minutes on the flights, but that might not be enough.

smith&wesson
04-27-2016, 12:27 PM
Im sure the Heat front office knows of there chances with him, and with out him. For them to chose to be cautious should tell you guys they are actually concerned for his life which means a whole lot more than basketball.

Really unfortunate though because imo Miami with Bosh will reach the ECF's.

DboneG
04-27-2016, 12:34 PM

Right. Maybe, Chris is looking at the money situation. Is his contract guaranteed if he retire? I don't think so. So, if he give it a shot next season, he'll pick up 23.7 mil. Not bad!
If you look at it this way...Chris Bosh will give it a shot next year.

Chris Bosh signed a 5 year / $118,705,300 contract with the Miami Heat, including $118,705,300 guaranteed.

2014-15 Contract details by year 30 $20,644,400
2015-16 Contract details by year 31 $22,192,730
2016-17 Contract details by year 32 $23,741,060
2017-18 Contract details by year 33 $25,289,390
2018-19 Contract details by year 34 $26,837,720
2019 Free Agent Year 35 UFA

blahblahyoutoo
04-27-2016, 12:43 PM
he's been traveling with the team. him being thrown into the playoffs after not playing for a few months is going to be a difficult transition.

smith&wesson
04-27-2016, 12:59 PM
he's been traveling with the team. him being thrown into the playoffs after not playing for a few months is going to be a difficult transition.

I disagree, Bosh is a vet with a ALOT of playoff experience. Also he knows how to play alongside, Wade, Whiteside, Deng, etc not like these are new team mates. I think he has been staying in shape too.. shouldn't be to big of a transition for him. Maybe a game or two and then he'll be fine.

Scoots
04-27-2016, 01:11 PM
I disagree, Bosh is a vet with a ALOT of playoff experience. Also he knows how to play alongside, Wade, Whiteside, Deng, etc not like these are new team mates. I think he has been staying in shape too.. shouldn't be to big of a transition for him. Maybe a game or two and then he'll be fine.

Steph Curry missed a couple games and came back to hit something like 1-8 from 3 with 5 turnovers. But Bosh can come back after months like nothing. It will take time to adjust, and if it takes 2 games to adjust and his team loses those 2 games that's a BIG DEAL.

Big Zo
04-27-2016, 01:12 PM

It's not just a rust issue. The problem is going from 0 to 100 while absorbing hard contact from "Playoff Fouls." If it were still the regular season, and they had a chance to ease him in, I say do it, but it just doesn't seem like the smart thing to do right now.

Scoots
04-27-2016, 01:12 PM
Right. Maybe, Chris is looking at the money situation. Is his contract guaranteed if he retire? I don't think so. So, if he give it a shot next season, he'll pick up 23.7 mil. Not bad!

Chris Bosh signed a 5 year / $118,705,300 contract with the Miami Heat, including $118,705,300 guaranteed.

Bosh can just saying he's trying to get better year after year and get his money. See Nash, Steve.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2016, 01:21 PM
From what I gather Bosh has basically been Doctor shopping finding someone to give him the green light.

That is very dangerous. Riley is absolutely taking the right precautions of following the typical protocol.

In the grand scheme of things it's totally not worth it to cut corners on his treatment.

Big Zo
04-27-2016, 01:31 PM
I must say that this speaks volumes on Chris Bosh's true character, and makes those people who love to call him "soft" sound even stupider than they did.

Scoots
04-27-2016, 02:10 PM
I must say that this speaks volumes on Chris Bosh's true character, and makes those people who love to call him "soft" sound even stupider than they did.

You can want to play and help your team win and still be soft.

Big Zo
04-27-2016, 02:16 PM
You can want to play and help your team win and still be soft.

But you can't actively seek second opinions from different doctors, hoping to find one that will clear you to play, despite having a possibly life-threatening condition, and still be soft. :)

FlashBolt
04-27-2016, 02:55 PM
It might be too late to implement Bosh anyways. You're going to throw the entire team away from their current chemistry and guys like Joe haven't played with Bosh at all. I don't know if it'll tip the series towards Miami because Bosh is certainly an improvement but just not enough to where I can definitively say he should play. At the end of the day, this Heat team has enough to beat the Hornets. Wade/Dragic need to step up now. They can't be losing to Lin/Walker and expect to win.

Slug3
04-27-2016, 03:23 PM

I think if he was to retire due to medical reasons he would still get his full contract, only difference is insurance would pay it out and not the Miami Heat.

Scoots
04-27-2016, 03:44 PM
But you can't actively seek second opinions from different doctors, hoping to find one that will clear you to play, despite having a possibly life-threatening condition, and still be soft. :)

Sure you can. Having a high pain threshold isn't how you play your game. WANTING to play at any cost doesn't mean you play a hard physical game.

Let's try an analogy. There are WRs who REALLY want to get on the field and play but don't want to go late over the middle for a catch. Soft but desperate to play.

WaDe03
04-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Here's the thing that bothers me about this situation, why are they hesitant to say he's out for the playoffs? Every time you hear something they say he's out indefinitely like they did today. If you're not going to let him play then rule him out for the playoffs.

Big Zo
04-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Sure you can. Having a high pain threshold isn't how you play your game. WANTING to play at any cost doesn't mean you play a hard physical game.

Let's try an analogy. There are WRs who REALLY want to get on the field and play but don't want to go late over the middle for a catch. Soft but desperate to play.

Are these receivers dealing with a life-threatening condition?

Slug3
04-27-2016, 04:42 PM
Here's the thing that bothers me about this situation, why are they hesitant to say he's out for the playoffs? Every time you hear something they say he's out indefinitely like they did today. If you're not going to let him play then rule him out for the playoffs.

Who says they won't let him play if Miami was to go deep in the playoffs. Or what if they won't even let him play next year as well? We really don't know what is going on so we are all assuming him saying he missing the game and bring back Bosh that he can just be thrown in there. Maybe his doctor and another not affiliated with the NBA cleared him but none of the Miami Heat or NBA doctors did.

Scoots
04-27-2016, 05:08 PM
Are these receivers dealing with a life-threatening condition?

Who cares. The point is playing a soft game has nothing to do with your injury status. It's about HOW you play the game.

JasonJohnHorn
04-27-2016, 05:42 PM
I want every team in the playoffs to be healthy so we can see the best possible basketball games.

So, yes, I want Bosh back. If his doc's say he's clear, why not.

However, I respect the Heat organization putting his health before their performance, even if that means they don't get to collect revenue on a few extra games.

naps
04-28-2016, 01:45 AM
It's the competitor in himself that wants to be back out there with the boys. He knows how special playoffs basketball is. But he actually shouldn't comeback for 2 reasons. First, ofcourse he shouldn't take a lick of a risk with this thing (clearly doctors didnt have him a unaninous "yes") and second, he will be out of sync at both ends. It doesn't matter how well you know the system or team. It takes PLENTY of repetitions and actual games to get back in somewhat of a rhythm.

Bostonjorge
04-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Bosh will tip the balance in favor for Miami against the Hornets. It's now or never.

SteBO
04-28-2016, 08:07 AM
Bosh will tip the balance in favor for Miami against the Hornets. It's now or never.
It's not worth it. Bosh has a family and life to live for, and he strikes me as an individual who doesn't really need basketball. That's how broad-minded a guy he is and if I were him, I certainly wouldn't risk anything for a team that's going nowhere this year, regardless of how this series ends.

Stinkyoutsider
04-28-2016, 09:42 AM
If I was the Heat, I would wait until he's completely off of the blood thinners and then allow him to train with the team. Then, work him back into playing games...

Allow him to come off the thinners.

Vinylman
04-28-2016, 01:20 PM
people on here are hilarious...

Bosh has been Dr. shopping to get clearance and has basically only found 1 or 2 that would clear him to play. But, that doesn't really matter because there is no way the HEAT are going to clear him because they don't want the liability if something happens. I am sure the last thing Spoelstra wants to see is another guy die on the court.

Bosh is done this year and in reality probably done permanently because of the liability issues

Redrum187
04-29-2016, 05:26 PM

The refs are making them say "out indefinitely".

WaDe03
04-29-2016, 07:59 PM
The refs are making them say "out indefinitely".

That was ****ing hilarious man!