PDA

View Full Version : Clippers announce Griffin done for playoffs

kdspurman
04-26-2016, 05:03 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/725067113778450432

Tough freaking break man. Feel for Clips fans and fans in general

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 05:07 PM
And CP3 is out too.. Lame. Guess it will be a Warriors vs OKC/SPURS matchup.

FOXHOUND
04-26-2016, 05:08 PM
:sigh:

Should definitely make sure Paul takes his time to heal properly instead of trying to rush back and risk future issues.

Iron24th
04-26-2016, 05:12 PM

If curry comes back for the 2nd round, the warriors would have beaten the clips even at full strenght imo.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 05:12 PM
Don't cry for me. I'm already dead

Simpson's reference ftw

Also it's not a tough break so much as negligence with our training staff. Honestly wouldn't blame him if he left but im counting on this core group of brothers to keep him home. If they lose g.5 i would honestly rest JJ too. Our season was over in December

Hawkeye15
04-26-2016, 05:31 PM

Simpson's reference ftw

Also it's not a tough break so much as negligence with our training staff. Honestly wouldn't blame him if he left but im counting on this core group of brothers to keep him home. If they lose g.5 i would honestly rest JJ too. Our season was over in December

now you know what it feels like to be a Wolves fan

numba1CHANGsta
04-26-2016, 06:02 PM
The curse lives on...

beasted86
04-26-2016, 06:04 PM

Simpson's reference ftw

Can you elaborate on this comment? The Clippers have Blake Griffin and Chris Paul under contract along with JJ Reddick for one more season after this before the first 2 have a player option for 2018.

I would think the results of next season would bear more burden on whether he chooses to stay or not but you are speaking as if that decision will be made now. Clippers can also make trades and signings to sway that decision between now and then.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-26-2016, 06:16 PM
That sucks. That has to be one of the worst games in team history. Lose two superstars as well as the game. Maybe in league history? I cant think of another time a team lost two players of their caliber in the same game.

valade16
04-26-2016, 06:24 PM

Is that a foregone conclusion even if Curry misses all of the 2nd Round?

Aust
04-26-2016, 11:59 PM
oof, but it's probably for the best. They aren't winning anything without Chris anyways.

nastynice
04-27-2016, 01:50 AM
Is that a foregone conclusion even if Curry misses all of the 2nd Round?

No sir. Tbh, round 1 isn't either. Rox somehow pull an upset tomorrow and all of a sudden we got a series

DboneG
04-27-2016, 09:05 AM
That sucks. That has to be one of the worst games in team history. Lose two superstars as well as the game. Maybe in league history? I cant think of another time a team lost two players of their caliber in the same game.

Sorry, Blake is not a superstar. He's an above average player/very good player. He's turning into a bum. If I were the Clippers, I would trade him over the summer.

Scoots
04-27-2016, 11:47 AM

Pun? :)

KnicksorBust
04-27-2016, 11:51 AM
now you know what it feels like to be a Wolves fan

You're not allowed to complain anymore Mr. Wiggins/Towns/Thibs

KnicksorBust
04-27-2016, 11:56 AM
oof, but it's probably for the best. They aren't winning anything without Chris anyways.

Rare to find someone in blue trolling. Ridiculous to post that an injury of a star player is good for a team in the middle of a playoff series. With CP3 out they needed Blake more than ever.

Scoots
04-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Rare to find someone in blue trolling. Ridiculous to post that an injury of a star player is good for a team in the middle of a playoff series. With CP3 out they needed Blake more than ever.

I took it to mean that losing in the first round would cut the fans suffering shorter. Not that it is actually good for the team's present.

KnicksorBust
04-27-2016, 03:03 PM
I took it to mean that losing in the first round would cut the fans suffering shorter. Not that it is actually good for the team's present.

What fan base wants to lose in the 1st round?

Scoots
04-27-2016, 03:45 PM
What fan base wants to lose in the 1st round?

I didn't say anything about what the fan base wants. And since there are fan bases who complain about their team winning games in the regular season anything is possible.

Aust
04-27-2016, 09:42 PM

Chill. I wasn't trolling at all.
He just got back from an injury and now that he's injured again it's better he rest instead of try to toughen it out and play through it when the Clippers aren't winning anything. You lose your best player and your 2nd best player isn't 100%, you aren't winning a championship. Especially if you've got some all-time great teams like the Spurs and Warriors blocking your way, and a damn good team in OKC.