PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless to leave ESPN after the NBA Finals

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 04:44 PM
Not exactly NBA news but wow.

Guess I'm not watching First Take anymore.

ManningToTyree
04-26-2016, 04:45 PM
Good take Stephen A with you

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 04:47 PM

There would be no Stephen A without Skip. This show is going to lose lots of viewers unless they can get someone similar to Skip.

aman_13
04-26-2016, 04:51 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with Stephen A Smith.

ewing
04-26-2016, 04:51 PM
i think mygirlhatescod would be a good replacement though flashbolt and iknowhoops are more of a sure thing

Chronz
04-26-2016, 05:08 PM
This **** is crazy. I was just joking with a friend that he might get kicked out for how responded to the Tom Brady ruling yesterday.

ghettosean
04-26-2016, 05:11 PM
Crazy... I like the back and forth between Skip and SAS. They'll lose tons of ratings for sure.

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 05:16 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with Stephen A Smith.

It definitely does. I think ESPN treats Stephen A more favorably and there were even reports that Skip was frustrated with how most of the material he has to come up with and how he is always prepared while Stephen A. just shows up late and doesn't seem as prepared. I feel where Skip is coming from. Stephen A thinks he's a boss or something.

rhino17
04-26-2016, 05:16 PM
SAS And Skip are the 2 dumbest people on television, in ANY format

Burkey3472
04-26-2016, 05:24 PM
I don't watch but I'm assuming the new show will be SAS sitting in front of a mirror yelling for 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tp13baby
04-26-2016, 05:26 PM
SAS And Skip are the 2 dumbest people on television, in ANY format

First Take is more brutal to watch than My 600 lb Life. I really could care less Skip is leaving. Fox losses integrity giving a guy that says the dumbest **** a job.

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 05:29 PM
First Take is more brutal to watch than My 600 lb Life. I really could care less Skip is leaving. Fox losses integrity giving a guy that says the dumbest **** a job.

FOX has been sacrificing integrity for ratings their entire history.

Saddletramp
04-26-2016, 05:35 PM
People actually watch those guys? Loud, obnoxious and usually don't know what they're talking about. Sounds like some of the posters around psd.

numba1CHANGsta
04-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Well there goes Tweedledee, now he just needs to take his partner Tweedledum with him

Sofnr
04-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Bad for ratings. Good for sports fans everywhere. But you know they'll just find somebody equally loud and obnoxious who can spout irrelevant controversial statements. It's not like it's hard to replace that idiocy. Lots of people would love to basically be the professional troll on ESPN.

basketballkitty
04-26-2016, 07:14 PM
It definitely does. I think ESPN treats Stephen A more favorably and there were even reports that Skip was frustrated with how most of the material he has to come up with and how he is always prepared while Stephen A. just shows up late and doesn't seem as prepared. I feel where Skip is coming from. Stephen A thinks he's a boss or something.

Actually that is not true. From what I have heard Skip's contract was coming to an end, and apparently Fox sports 1 had let it be known that they wanted Skip over there, and that they were gonna offer him a bundle..reports had it like 15 million a year...and no way would ESPN match that. So that is why Skip bolted. So would you, so would I. It had nothing to do with SAS.

Scoots
04-26-2016, 09:03 PM
Thank GOD

JasonJohnHorn
04-26-2016, 09:54 PM
The show might gain a lot of viewer if they get rid of SAS as well and bring in some fresh faces.

YAALREADYKNO
04-26-2016, 10:20 PM
ESPN first take is there best show and now they're gonna get rid of the guy who made that show famous? Skip isn't the best sports analyst but he does get everybody to watch and him and Stephen A smith do attract a lot of viewers.
Watch Fox Sports get skip And him Colin cowherd and Jason Whitlock all on the same show 😭😭😭

FlashBolt
04-27-2016, 12:10 AM
Actually that is not true. From what I have heard Skip's contract was coming to an end, and apparently Fox sports 1 had let it be known that they wanted Skip over there, and that they were gonna offer him a bundle..reports had it like 15 million a year...and no way would ESPN match that. So that is why Skip bolted. So would you, so would I. It had nothing to do with SAS.

That might be true but that doesn't mean it had nothing to do with SAS. Btw, reports actually have it that he's getting $5-6 million and ESPN had offered him $4 million.. I don't know where that $16 million is coming from but it's definitely not per year. Here's an article that I find true:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/07/skip-bayless-stephen-a-smith-first-take/

It's no secret that Stephen A. often mocks Skip about what he can do that Skip can't because ESPN allows him to do so. Furthermore, with the amount of workload Stephen A. has, I often feel he's not as engaged as Skip really is on the subject. Sure, he can yell and be loud with his ASININE and EGREGIOUS quotes but never as much substance that Skip puts into it.

MTar786
04-27-2016, 08:53 PM
skip is the man. smith is trash

Scoots
04-27-2016, 10:28 PM
I just wish I never had to hear what either of them had to say ever again.

eDush
04-28-2016, 08:36 AM

There would be no Stephen A without Skip. This show is going to lose lots of viewers unless they can get someone similar to Skip.
Skip wanted Woody Paige back as they were the ones who started First Take (it was called something else before but forgot what that was). Skip and Woody were the original and best at going back and forth with arguments that would make you smile :) until SAS came along and things went down hill after that. SAS should have his own show where he gets to interview coaches and players on their take which is something Skip can't handle unless anyone miss that one with Cuban which he made him look like a fool.

:dance:

cmellofan15
04-28-2016, 08:43 AM
Cold pizza was much better

eDush
04-28-2016, 08:48 AM
I think it was called 1st and 10 but I got a feeling Skip will try to recruit Woody to Fox to do something like Mike and Mike in the morning. They respect each other even though they argue on many topics like Mike and Mike.

STRIKERC
04-28-2016, 08:59 AM
LOL...I like when people pretend they don't watch the show but yet know how loud and obnoxious Skip and SAS are on the show.
It's OK guys, you don't have to admit it here but we know you all watch the damn show.

Truth is, for better or worse those two make First Take one of the most watched day time shows on TV.
Skip takes First Take with him. The show is done.

eDush
04-28-2016, 09:19 AM
LOL...I like when people pretend they don't watch the show but yet know how loud and obnoxious Skip and SAS are on the show.
It's OK guys, you don't have to admit it here but we know you all watch the damn show.

Truth is, for better or worse those two make First Take one of the most watched day time shows on TV.
Skip takes First Take with him. The show is done.Bs. SAS can hold his own much better than you are given credit to and should get a big name retired player for the topics they are going to cover. TNT does well with this theme with Shaq and the gang:nod:

Scoots
04-28-2016, 10:26 AM

Skip takes First Take with him. The show is done.

I've never seen the show but I've seen clips in other shows, and I've seen SAS and Skip apart from each other and by themselves they are a nightmare, together it just gets worse.

Tony_Starks
04-28-2016, 10:46 AM
I'm going to miss Skip, I thoroughly enjoy first take. Apparently he has a better opportunity so you can't be mad at that.

If I was Steven A I would just move on, you can't have First take without the both of them. They have the chemistry.

Shady66
04-28-2016, 12:21 PM
The only reason I have ever watched was to see skip and SAS fight

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Tony_Starks
04-28-2016, 12:42 PM
Richard Deitsch: From a reliable source: Fox Sports is paying Skip Bayless in neighborhood of $5.5 million per for four years, plus a $4M signing bonus. via Twitter
Media, Skip Bayless

And there you have it, cash rules everything around me.

Get your Tubmans Skip!

FlashBolt
04-28-2016, 01:06 PM
I don't get where all this hate for ESPN First Take is coming from. You're watching two guys who both have different opinions of sport topics. You're watching it for entertainment -- not news. If you want news, just get bleacher report and call it a day. So quit trashtalking about ESPN First Take by thinking you're cool by not watching it. It's entertainment and people DO like it.

eDush
04-28-2016, 03:09 PM
I don't get where all this hate for ESPN First Take is coming from. You're watching two guys who both have different opinions of sport topics. You're watching it for entertainment -- not news. If you want news, just get bleacher report and call it a day. So quit trashtalking about ESPN First Take by thinking you're cool by not watching it. It's entertainment and people DO like it.That's cause Skip and SAS never got along. Woody and Skip got along and work well together.

Imagine Skip and Woody in the morning on Fox!!! Buh bye Mike and Mike.... I'm crossing over:nod:

YAALREADYKNO
04-29-2016, 08:44 AM
That's cause Skip and SAS never got along. Woody and Skip got along and work well together.

Imagine Skip and Woody in the morning on Fox!!! Buh bye Mike and Mike.... I'm crossing over:nod:

Lmao what? Skip and Stephen A don't get along? They always talk about how much love they got for each other. They just debate topics because that's what first take is about lol

Scoots
04-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Lmao what? Skip and Stephen A don't get along? They always talk about how much love they got for each other. They just debate topics because that's what first take is about lol

Because people on TV ALWAYS tell the whole truth?

I don't know nor care if they are friends, I just want them to go away.

likemystylez
04-29-2016, 11:02 AM
People actually watch those guys? Loud, obnoxious and usually don't know what they're talking about. Sounds like some of the posters around psd.

Its really unfortunate, there are a lot of casual fans out there who honestly believe these guys are in the know about all things in sports. From what I hear though, most pro athletes think they are an absolute joke (esp stephen a smith). Its ironic because they act like they are cool with all these guys saying they have inside info that so and so wants to go here, or so and so is arguing with his team mate about bla bla.

On the bright side, most posters on PSD are not casual fans. We are typically of the hardcore variety...... and we realize that first take is no where close to being a news report...

LMAO during the fall- first take didnt have the warriors anywhere near the top of the west or as a contender. (and this is after they just won a championship- and their top 3 players hadnt even hit their prime)

eDush
04-29-2016, 02:44 PM

Exactly. This guy also believes that Strahan and Ripa have much love for each other cause that's what they say on the air too :laugh2:. I realize it's best to just allow the ignorant continue their ignorance in life Scoots.

eDush
04-29-2016, 02:49 PM
LMAO during the fall- first take didnt have the warriors anywhere near the top of the west or as a contender. (and this is after they just won a championship- and their top 3 players hadnt even hit their prime)

They should have rename the show to dumb takes :nod:

naps
04-30-2016, 02:49 AM
Death of First Take. Even though Skip said a lot a crazy stuff and always seem to love some athletes (they can never do wrong) and hate others (they can never do right), he was the heart and soul of that program. It was clear how prepared he was and how unprepared SAS was. One thing I respect about Skip is he doesn't back-down and seems to speak his heart regardless of whoever he is talking to. SAS on the other hand is the definition of a puppy dog who would put on bunch of good adjectives before and after criticizing a sports figure. SAS doesn't want anyone to get mad at him, thus he always says how much he loves everyone, how long he has known everyone, how much he respects this brother and that brother etc.

likemystylez
04-30-2016, 02:59 AM
I think both stephen a smith said recently like 10 days ago- that portland didnt have a chance against the clippers cuz they lost their first 2 games by 20 points. portland just won that series

Scoots
04-30-2016, 11:22 AM
SAS and Skip both were good at building relationships ... but then they would get stuck KEEPING those relationships which makes them bad journalists. Add to that that they were most interested in sensationalism and the result is just bad far too often.

YAALREADYKNO
04-30-2016, 11:46 AM

Lmao yall are crazy if y'all don't think they don't get along. Stephen A was brought on full time to do the show because that's what skip wanted. Skip is leaving for the money and he'd be dumb not too.

YAALREADYKNO
04-30-2016, 11:47 AM
Exactly. This guy also believes that Strahan and Ripa have much love for each other cause that's what they say on the air too :laugh2:. I realize it's best to just allow the ignorant continue their ignorance in life Scoots.

Yeah some people could fake relationships on TV but like I said, Stephen A was only a part timer of the show until skip said he wanted Stephen A to do the show with him full time smh but I guess y'all will believe what y'all wanna believe

Scoots
04-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Yeah some people could fake relationships on TV but like I said, Stephen A was only a part timer of the show until skip said he wanted Stephen A to do the show with him full time smh but I guess y'all will believe what y'all wanna believe

Wanting him on the show is not the same as being friendly. Mythbusters went all those years with the two main guys repeatedly saying they couldn't stand each other.