PDA

View Full Version : Durant on Mark Cuban: "He's a idiot"

blahblahyoutoo
04-26-2016, 01:08 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25566918/kevin-durant-on-cuban-saying-westbrook-isnt-a-superstar-hes-an-idiot

sheesh, at least use proper grammar if you're going to call someone "a idiot".

Hawkeye15
04-26-2016, 01:11 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25566918/kevin-durant-on-cuban-saying-westbrook-isnt-a-superstar-hes-an-idiot

sheesh, at least use proper grammar if you're going to call someone "a idiot".

he was axed a question

Tony_Starks
04-26-2016, 01:21 PM
Cuban is an idiot.

I'm not sure if he thought it was like a Jedi mind trick to say Russ wasn't a superstar before the most pivotal game of the series but he got exactly what he was asking for!

I like how KD had his boys back like "I got this....he's a idiot!" Lol

DboneG
04-26-2016, 01:24 PM
Mark Cuban=Donald Trump. Egos that are out of this world. Not as smart as people think they are.

Billionaire Entrepreneur Mark Cuban: 'Failure is Part of the Success Equation' YES, I KNOW! I KNOW! Idiot!!

As many time these two have failed...but, they continue to get opportunities. LOL Only in America.

FOXHOUND
04-26-2016, 01:26 PM
To be fair, I get where Cuban is coming from. When Westbrook as missed time Durant has dominated on an all-time level and kept the team playing very good ball. When Durant misses time, the Thunder fall to a .500 or below team.

But, all that really means is your definition of a superstar. Westbrook is no doubt one of the best players in the league. The list of players who can dominate and win a lot of games with limited talent like Durant did or Dirk has is very short. Dirk is one of the very best players of all time, and Durant will go down the same. So if that's Cuban's definition of a superstar then you're really talking about just 3 guys in Curry, LeBron and Durant in the entire league right now.

HeartOfStarks
04-26-2016, 01:30 PM
Mark Cuban=Donald Trump. Egos that are out of this world. Not as smart as people think they are.

Billionaire Entrepreneur Mark Cuban: 'Failure is Part of the Success Equation' YES, I KNOW! I KNOW! Idiot!!

As many time these two have failed...but, they continue to get opportunities. LOL Only in America.

Well when Trump fails he just uses federal government programs and the banks to bail him out ;)

Born on third base and thinks he hit a triple...

Cuban's a self made guy though, I have a lot of respect for him, even though he does say dumb **** every so often. Westbrook is a beast.

CardinalRed24
04-26-2016, 02:27 PM
I agree with KD. And I also thought it was funny when Westbrook said Charlie V will now be going home to prepare to sit on the bench and watch another 82 game season next year. Lmaoo

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 02:45 PM
Well when Trump fails he just uses federal government programs and the banks to bail him out ;)

Cuban's a self made guy though, I have a lot of respect for him, even though he does say dumb **** every so often. Westbrook is a beast.

Not even a Trump supporter but you're a fool if you think a billionaire wouldn't use the law to their advantage. They stay rich because they do.

On a side note, Cuban is highly intelligent. He might have an ego but don't confuse that with intelligence.

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 02:45 PM
I agree with KD. And I also thought it was funny when Westbrook said Charlie V will now be going home to prepare to sit on the bench and watch another 82 game season next year. Lmaoo

And KD whispered right after, "he might not even be in the league." LOL, pure gold!

Big Zo
04-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Mark Cuban's not even a real Cuban.

HeartOfStarks
04-26-2016, 03:01 PM
Not even a Trump supporter but you're a fool if you think a billionaire wouldn't use the law to their advantage. They stay rich because they do.

On a side note, Cuban is highly intelligent. He might have an ego but don't confuse that with intelligence.

Totally fine to use law to advantage to retain wealth. Just not much of a "Republican" principle to take advantage of those big gubment programs is it?

IndyRealist
04-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Cuban probably had a reason he said what he did, psychological warfare aside. I know in 2011 the Mavs were looking at a lot of lineup and matchup data.

pacofunk64
04-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Cuban's right though isn't he...I mean you have to admit that it's at least debatable. Westbrook is a very good player don't get me wrong. I just don't think he is a superstar. LBJ...yes. Steph Curry...yes. Those two have transcended the game. Westbrook, hell you could argue even Durant have not.

Twins Fanatic
04-26-2016, 03:18 PM
Shouldn't Cuban be working on luring these guys to Dallas come Free Agency???

DboneG
04-26-2016, 03:32 PM
Sorry, but, Russell Westbrook is a superstar. Period.

This guy is getting better in his decision making. If he start to make more game winners. I'll put him in the "Elite class"...Curry, Bron Bron, KD, and that "System guy" from the Spurs is starting to crack the list. I'm even hard pressed to add Curry to my elite class, because he don't have good defense. You put Curry or Kawhi on a different team, they won't win 50 games.

Htownballa1622
04-26-2016, 04:12 PM
As much as I want durant on my team, does anyone find it peculiar that he can say anything he want and not feel backlash?

I know in this case, he may be right but could u imagine if lebron said something like this or that Charlie v would be out of the league next year.

Kd gets such a pass from media and fans.

eDush
04-26-2016, 04:14 PM

sheesh, at least use proper grammar if you're going to call someone "a idiot".Posted like the true troll that you our. WE'RE you on break from teaching in YOU'RE English class when posting this?

:laugh2:

numba1CHANGsta
04-26-2016, 05:11 PM
Another reason why players should stay in college more than just one year, he does not know how to speak proper grammar. Just look at some of these NBA players tweets, like I've seen 5 year olds with better grammar.

Saddletramp
04-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Posted like the true troll that you our. WE'RE you on break from teaching in YOU'RE English class when posting this?

:laugh2:

I'm not sure what to think of this post. If it wasn't eDush, I'd assume it was sarcastic.

tp13baby
04-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Another reason why players should stay in college more than just one year, he does not know how to speak proper grammar. Just look at some of these NBA players tweets, like I've seen 5 year olds with better grammar.

This sounds a lot like comma splice.

I don't care if KD used a instead of an. Bottom line is Cuban is wrong saying Westbrook isn't a superstar.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2016, 05:56 PM

Durant made nearly two times more in the 3 years he didn't go to college than the average person makes in their lifetime probably.

8kobe24
04-26-2016, 05:59 PM
He's a...He's an...poteyto...potahto.

IndyRealist
04-26-2016, 06:07 PM

If he didn't learn grammar before college, I doubt an extra year or two would help.

And to be fair, some people know grammar, they just choose to speak in slang.

Vincent
04-26-2016, 06:39 PM
Mark Cuban might've been trying get Russell to play outside himself and the team to maybe slip up to cost the Thunder the game...

I mean Dallas was pretty low on options anyways.

Jeffy25
04-26-2016, 07:11 PM
Professional athletes should be seen, not heard

And Cuban said Westbrook is a star, not a superstar. Depends where you want to make that definition, but I don't know that he was wrong.

Players make a lot of very stupid comments.

blahblahyoutoo
04-26-2016, 08:21 PM

and poor people use government programs their whole life, and there's a whole lot more of them that will spawn more welfare queens for generations. which is worse?

blahblahyoutoo
04-26-2016, 08:25 PM

another year wouldn't have made a difference. this is basic grammar, just like not using double negatives which a lot of them do.

it's embarrassing that foreign born players speak better english than them.

HeartOfStarks
04-26-2016, 08:27 PM
and poor people use government programs their whole life, and there's a whole lot more of them that will spawn more welfare queens for generations. which is worse?

Haha I knew that would get you. Eat that bait troll. Good boy, good troll.

blahblahyoutoo
04-26-2016, 08:30 PM
If he didn't learn grammar before college, I doubt an extra year or two would help.

And to be fair, some people know grammar, they just choose to speak in slang.

so they choose to sound like idiots, while calling someone else an idiot? that's pretty idiotic of them then.

ManningToTyree
04-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Cuban is far from an idiot but he is wrong. I don't see the debate Westbrook is absolutely a superstar.

blahblahyoutoo
04-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Haha I knew that would get you. Eat that bait troll. Good boy, good troll.

also, which govt programs did trump use? filing for bankruptcy? that's not a bailout program guy.

blahblahyoutoo
04-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Cuban is far from an idiot but he is wrong. I don't see the debate Westbrook is absolutely a superstar.

he's a star and a force to be reckoned with, but like cp3, i don't think he can lead a team to a title as the main guy.

Scoots
04-26-2016, 08:49 PM
As much as I want durant on my team, does anyone find it peculiar that he can say anything he want and not feel backlash?

I know in this case, he may be right but could u imagine if lebron said something like this or that Charlie v would be out of the league next year.

Kd gets such a pass from media and fans.

KD is teflon.

HeartOfStarks
04-26-2016, 09:07 PM
also, which govt programs did trump use? filing for bankruptcy? that's not a bailout program guy.

Check it out lil buddy, 1990 combined bailout/deferment from over 70 banks: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/090215/how-donald-trump-became-rich.asp

blahblahyoutoo
04-26-2016, 09:32 PM
Check it out lil buddy, 1990 combined bailout/deferment from over 70 banks: http://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/090215/how-donald-trump-became-rich.asp

i see nothing about government bailouts in that article. you do know that banks are not government run right? surely you do.

HeartOfStarks
04-27-2016, 08:49 AM
i see nothing about government bailouts in that article. you do know that banks are not government run right? surely you do.

Bankruptcy (including corporate bankruptcy) is governed under the US Constitution, so you can play semantics all day but is a federally governed law/program whatever. I didn't say banks were part of the government, you're putting words in my mouth. I said government programs AND bank bailouts.

Anyway you can nitpick all you like, the point I was making was simply Trump is a silver spoon baby who's always gotten his way, and I don't view Cuban in the same way since he's pretty much a self made guy. Those are just facts but feel free to play whatever semantics you like.

Oh yeah and also you're arguably the #1 troll on this site, and your "angle" on this very clear bait thread (1 of many for you) is no surprise. Pointing out others flaws, specifically ways of speech of specific black people, makes you feel like a real big, superior man. It's quite pathetic really. You might want to consult a professional about the source of your insecurity at some point.

blahblahyoutoo
04-27-2016, 10:29 AM
Bankruptcy (including corporate bankruptcy) is governed under the US Constitution, so you can play semantics all day but is a federally governed law/program whatever. I didn't say banks were part of the government, you're putting words in my mouth. I said government programs AND bank bailouts.

Anyway you can nitpick all you like, the point I was making was simply Trump is a silver spoon baby who's always gotten his way, and I don't view Cuban in the same way since he's pretty much a self made guy. Those are just facts but feel free to play whatever semantics you like.

Oh yeah and also you're arguably the #1 troll on this site, and your "angle" on this very clear bait thread (1 of many for you) is no surprise. Pointing out others flaws, specifically ways of speech of specific black people, makes you feel like a real big, superior man. It's quite pathetic really. You might want to consult a professional about the source of your insecurity at some point.

equating declaring bankruptcy to a government program. el oh el.
worst. analogy. evar.

and who gives a rats *** if banks "bail him out". an agreement between two private entities is no one's business but their own. it's no different than if your friend were to lend you $100 in hopes that you will pay it back. why does anyone else care?

no, you're wrong once again. trump took his father's fortune and increased it several fold according to the same article that you posted. he's produced more jobs and wealth for others than most of us here have, combined.
someone like paris hilton would be a more apt example of someone born into wealth, squandering money away, although you could argue that she's used her fame to generate wealth.

i should've known better than to have an intellectual discussion with randoms on a sports forum. that's my mistake.

HeartOfStarks
04-27-2016, 10:36 AM
equating declaring bankruptcy to a government program. el oh el.
worst. analogy. evar.

and who gives a rats *** if banks "bail him out". an agreement between two private entities is no one's business but their own. it's no different than if your friend were to lend you $100 in hopes that you will pay it back. why does anyone else care?

no, you're wrong once again. trump took his father's fortune and increased it several fold according to the same article that you posted. he's produced more jobs and wealth for others than most of us here have, combined.
someone like paris hilton would be a more apt example of someone born into wealth, squandering money away, although you could argue that she's used her fame to generate wealth.

i should've known better than to have an intellectual discussion with randoms on a sports forum. that's my mistake.

haha intellectual discussion. You're a transparent racist troll. Your ignorance is clear to everyone on here. Time to go see the shrink lil guy.

Hawkeye15
04-27-2016, 10:41 AM
you don't stay a billionaire by being spoon fed. If you took every dollar Trump had away, he would be a billionaire again in no time. Hell, take all the money from the rich and re-distribute it, they will get it back. Because they know how to....

blahblahyoutoo
04-27-2016, 11:15 AM
haha intellectual discussion. You're a transparent racist troll. Your ignorance is clear to everyone on here. Time to go see the shrink lil guy.

i've constructively addressed each one of your points, while you've yet to respond to mine.
i think it's quite clear to anyone with 2 brain cells to see that you're overmatched in this debate and your only defense is to hurl insults and yell troll troll troll.

we're done here, kthxbai.

KnicksorBust
04-27-2016, 11:47 AM
Is Scottie Pippen a superstar?

blahblahyoutoo
04-27-2016, 12:02 PM

define star vs superstar.
can he carry a team as option #1? no.
is he a solid #2? yes.

HeartOfStarks
04-27-2016, 12:19 PM
you don't stay a billionaire by being spoon fed. If you took every dollar Trump had away, he would be a billionaire again in no time. Hell, take all the money from the rich and re-distribute it, they will get it back. Because they know how to....

agreed. And worst case scenario for Trump he can always scam some poor suckers with his BS "Trump University" ;)

His con game is on point!

Hawkeye15
04-27-2016, 12:59 PM
agreed. And worst case scenario for Trump he can always scam some poor suckers with his BS "Trump University" ;)

His con game is on point!

oh, it's on point for sure haha

Hawkeye15
04-27-2016, 01:00 PM

yep

Tony_Starks
04-27-2016, 01:04 PM
is he a solid #2? yes.

Led the Bulls to 55 wins after MJ retired which was only a 2 game drop off from the year before, and the ECF.

Sounds pretty superstar-ish to me....

blahblahyoutoo
04-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Led the Bulls to 55 wins after MJ retired which was only a 2 game drop off from the year before, and the ECF.

how far did they get in the playoffs that year? who did they lose to?

Tony_Starks
04-27-2016, 02:05 PM
how far did they get in the playoffs that year? who did they lose to?

Lost to the Knicks in the 2nd round

FlashBolt
04-27-2016, 02:45 PM

So if Trump is getting bankrupted left and right according to you, why is it he today is worth an estimated $4 billion (and that doesn't include the value of his name alone nor does it include many of his holdings?)? You can't be spoonfed your entire life and still be a damn billionaire (unless you were really spoonfed big time and there is zero chance of you failing).. There's something we call lack of motivation. Hate Trump all you want but he's successful at what he does. Whether it's this presidential race or in life, he's accomplished far beyond his potential. I can name you many spoonfed billionaires like the Walton family. Those guys are the spoonfed ones.

KnicksorBust
04-27-2016, 03:05 PM
is he a solid #2? yes.

Doesn't that sound like Westbrook?

Can Westbrook do that?

FlashBolt
04-27-2016, 03:14 PM
This is not even a question anymore. OKC was 3-11 without Westbrook last season. Their record was 45-37 and this was a roster that we've saw have the highest amount of players (we traded a bunch and there was just different players coming in/out). He would have gotten OKC to 55 wins for sure if you consider that last season was just a big mess with trades going on/KD being in/out. 50 wins? That's 100% possible for Westbrook. He's an elite player and has been top five for two seasons now. As great as Dirk was, let's not pretend that his teammates for his career were total trashcans. Not to mention Rick Carlisle is much better than any coach Westbrook has played for in the NBA. Can he carry a team as option #1? Depends, which team are we talking about? Put him in the Warriors and 65 wins is for sure. Put him on the Sixers and you probably have a point there. This is just Mark Cuban with his infatuation with Dirk. His standard of you having to reach 50 wins per season is silly. Duncan has reached 50 wins his past few seasons with the Spurs. Is he still a superstar despite him scoring zero points and being played for only 15-20 minutes?

HeartOfStarks
04-27-2016, 03:19 PM
i've constructively addressed each one of your points, while you've yet to respond to mine.
i think it's quite clear to anyone with 2 brain cells to see that you're overmatched in this debate and your only defense is to hurl insults and yell troll troll troll.

we're done here, kthxbai.

totally get it, bullies hate getting beat up...

HeartOfStarks
04-27-2016, 03:31 PM
So if Trump is getting bankrupted left and right according to you, why is it he today is worth an estimated $4 billion (and that doesn't include the value of his name alone nor does it include many of his holdings?)? You can't be spoonfed your entire life and still be a damn billionaire (unless you were really spoonfed big time and there is zero chance of you failing).. There's something we call lack of motivation. Hate Trump all you want but he's successful at what he does. Whether it's this presidential race or in life, he's accomplished far beyond his potential. I can name you many spoonfed billionaires like the Walton family. Those guys are the spoonfed ones.

Good post, respect to how you laid this out. I don't necessarily disagree with you here (when I said spoonfed I was pointing to his MASSIVE inheritance, which he tried to pass off as $1 million that he launched with lol)

But I do agree with you here FlashBolt, insofar as I do see Trump as someone who is extremely adept at marketing himself and maneuvering/manipulating business ventures to his advantage over a period of time. I would argue he's been extremely unscrupulous in some of these endeavors however, to the point of being a straight up scumbag (Trump U comes to mind).

I get that there is a small subsector of people who like/support him because they see him as someone from outside the government system whose business acumen would hopefully translate to an economic boom (even though he has admitted to funding/lobbying to politicians in the first place in his own corporate interests, which I perceive to be a major systemic problem with our government).

But again, I do get that to a degree. But then you have a substantial percentage of his supporters that are just unintelligent, ignorant racists and bigots coming out of the woodwork (which he's well aware of, and his pandering to them for his own political gain is disgusting and dangerous to me, see his retweeted, racist homicide infographic which was FAKE from several months back, just reckless and flat out dumb). He's a divisive race baiter (gee I wonder why blahblah likes him) who comes across as a complete narcissist.

To answer your net worth question on him though, it is interesting to consider this argument: http://opinion.injo.com/2015/09/247749-donald-trump-is-a-mediocre-businessman-and-his-record-proves-it/

Which is from a conservative Republican btw - I've seen this come up in several places now, and according to this argument, "He has (mis-)managed his company in such a way that he would have been better off, financially, simply investing his inheritance from his father in an S&P 500 fund than, well, operating the Trump Organization."

Now you can take that for whatever it's worth, pick it apart, whatever. And I understand there's an attempt from conservatives themselves to take down Trump, but it is interesting to see a conservative pundit here (Liz Mair) making this argument.

cmellofan15
04-27-2016, 04:04 PM
another year wouldn't have made a difference. this is basic grammar, just like not using double negatives which a lot of them do.

it's embarrassing that foreign born players speak better english than them.

foreign born? LMAO

I wouldn't dare criticize someone's English if I were you. :laugh2:

anyways, back to the topic...Westbrook is a top 5 player in the NBA. He is absolutely a superstar.

HeartOfStarks
04-27-2016, 04:13 PM
Also, and will try to make this last thing I say on this... Trump has a history of attempting to use eminent domain to take citizens' private property - eminent domain being a government program.

You can argue whether that's right or wrong but at the very least it doesn't seem to be very conservative, which was one of my original points. Just trying to figure out what that party stands for at this point other than hating Obama. That part I got.

HeartOfStarks
04-27-2016, 04:15 PM
And yes, as to Westbrook, dude is an absolute monster. 2nd best PG in the league in a league full of ridiculous point guards in my eyes

FlashBolt
04-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Good post, respect to how you laid this out. I don't necessarily disagree with you here (when I said spoonfed I was pointing to his MASSIVE inheritance, which he tried to pass off as $1 million that he launched with lol)

But I do agree with you here FlashBolt, insofar as I do see Trump as someone who is extremely adept at marketing himself and maneuvering/manipulating business ventures to his advantage over a period of time. I would argue he's been extremely unscrupulous in some of these endeavors however, to the point of being a straight up scumbag (Trump U comes to mind).

I get that there is a small subsector of people who like/support him because they see him as someone from outside the government system whose business acumen would hopefully translate to an economic boom (even though he has admitted to funding/lobbying to politicians in the first place in his own corporate interests, which I perceive to be a major systemic problem with our government).

But again, I do get that to a degree. But then you have a substantial percentage of his supporters that are just unintelligent, ignorant racists and bigots coming out of the woodwork (which he's well aware of, and his pandering to them for his own political gain is disgusting and dangerous to me, see his retweeted, racist homicide infographic which was FAKE from several months back, just reckless and flat out dumb). He's a divisive race baiter (gee I wonder why blahblah likes him) who comes across as a complete narcissist.

To answer your net worth question on him though, it is interesting to consider this argument: http://opinion.injo.com/2015/09/247749-donald-trump-is-a-mediocre-businessman-and-his-record-proves-it/

Which is from a conservative Republican btw - I've seen this come up in several places now, and according to this argument, "He has (mis-)managed his company in such a way that he would have been better off, financially, simply investing his inheritance from his father in an S&P 500 fund than, well, operating the Trump Organization."

Now you can take that for whatever it's worth, pick it apart, whatever. And I understand there's an attempt from conservatives themselves to take down Trump, but it is interesting to see a conservative pundit here (Liz Mair) making this argument.

Your quote that he can reinvest that money into an S&P fund just proves why it's stupid to talk about more intelligent topics when in a forum that is about sports. Simply digging up this info with a lack of intellect on the subject is very discouraging. I won't go on about why that example is silly but can you predict which stock currently will be worth fifty times more in thirty years? I'll wait.

HeartOfStarks
04-28-2016, 07:28 AM
Your quote that he can reinvest that money into an S&P fund just proves why it's stupid to talk about more intelligent topics when in a forum that is about sports. Simply digging up this info with a lack of intellect on the subject is very discouraging. I won't go on about why that example is silly but can you predict which stock currently will be worth fifty times more in thirty years? I'll wait.

You can debate with Liz Mair about it. It's her quote, not mine. I didn't "dig anything up" btw, this article I posted is a pretty well known/being talked about topic right now, took me about 1 second to find it.

I don't understand why when I wrote respectfully in response to your post, you return with "it's stupid to talk about intelligent topics" "digging with a lack of intellect" and "example is silly"... Do you always talk down to people in real life? Or are you just a dick when you're anonymous online?

eDush
04-28-2016, 09:30 AM

You can debate with Liz Mair about it. It's her quote, not mine. I didn't "dig anything up" btw, this article I posted is a pretty well known/being talked about topic right now, took me about 1 second to find it.

I don't understand why when I wrote respectfully in response to your post, you return with "it's stupid to talk about intelligent topics" "digging with a lack of intellect" and "example is silly"... Do you always talk down to people in real life? Or are you just a dick when you're anonymous online?Yes to that last question after what he said about Paul George in disrespecting and putting him down too.

Tony_Starks
04-28-2016, 09:52 AM
Cuban is the same guy that was begging to overpay Deandre Jordan and wanted him to have a large offensive role for the Mavericks. Deandre Jordan. Large offensive role.

Same guy that broke up a championship team to pipe dream of Deron Williams and Dwight Howard.

He's a great owner but he should stick to writing checks, his basketball acumen is suspect to say the least.

HeartOfStarks
04-28-2016, 10:06 AM
Cuban is the same guy that was begging to overpay Deandre Jordan and wanted him to have a large offensive role for the Mavericks. Deandre Jordan. Large offensive role.

Same guy that broke up a championship team to pipe dream of Deron Williams and Dwight Howard.

He's a great owner but he should stick to writing checks, his basketball acumen is suspect to say the least.

Agreed. Guessing it was in part to try to get into Westbrook's head (maybe?) But there's just no denying Westbrook's an absolute stud and yes, Cuban, although he does have that chip and has had a damn good run (largely due to Dirk), has certainly made highly questionable decisions these past few years.

Let's see if he tries to max out Dwight now...

Hawkeye15
04-28-2016, 03:49 PM

this is correct.

TheMightyHumph
04-30-2016, 03:54 AM

I agree. Absolutely.