PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul fractures right hand

chi-townlove1
04-26-2016, 12:49 AM
What does this do for the clippers chances? How long is he out? Dare I say, this couldn't have happened at a better time for the Warriors?.. They're probably at home jumping for joy.

Carry on

Shkelqim
04-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Portland wins the series

basketballkitty
04-26-2016, 12:54 AM
That's his dribble hand right ? If so, he will be gone at least 3-5 weeks. So sorry for Paul.

nastynice
04-26-2016, 12:55 AM
I saw that, That's ****in horrible man. Is there ANY chance he can come back during the playoffs if they advance?

TrueFan420
04-26-2016, 12:58 AM
Clippers might still pull off the series. It's a close game and if the clips win tonight they should be able to take the series. I seriously doubt the Warriors are jumping for joy but they probably let out a sigh of relief.

BKLYNpigeon
04-26-2016, 12:59 AM
This series going 7 for sure.

basketballkitty
04-26-2016, 01:00 AM
Update, heard Paul's break is a small Sub-fracture of his 3 MB finger. A minor sugery and a secure placement pin, and he can be back in a week.

Scoots
04-26-2016, 01:03 AM
I hate to see it and I hate to say it but injuries happen. You've got to overcome.

TrueFan420
04-26-2016, 01:08 AM
Update, heard Paul's break is a small Sub-fracture of his 3 MB finger. A minor sugery and a secure placement pin, and he can be back in a week.

Glad he'll be back in a week and can be ready for the second round. I want to beat the full strength clippers even if curry doesn't play. Wonder if it will be in time tho. Idk either way it will be interesting to see what this clipper sides made of. Can they respond well to losing their floor general or do they implode?

valade16
04-26-2016, 01:13 AM
Glad he'll be back in a week and can be ready for the second round. I want to beat the full strength clippers even if curry doesn't play. Wonder if it will be in time tho. Idk either way it will be interesting to see what this clipper sides made of. Can they respond well to losing their floor general or do they implode?

They have to get there first. Portland is about to tie the Series 2-2 and Game 5 is Wednesday which means Paul will likely miss both games 5 and 6.

nastynice
04-26-2016, 01:18 AM
They have to get there first. Portland is about to tie the Series 2-2 and Game 5 is Wednesday which means Paul will likely miss both games 5 and 6.

Yea, while its good to hear that cp3 could possibly come back this yr, the blazers are the more pressing issue right now. They've been playing excellent ball since about mid season, this team won't just roll over.

basketballkitty
04-26-2016, 01:37 AM
Oh no....

Dan Woike ‏@DanWoikeSports 3m3 minutes ago

Chris Paul "probably" is done for the rest of the playoffs though the team will know more tomorrow, per a source.

Scoots
04-26-2016, 01:46 AM
Oh no....

Dan Woike ‏@DanWoikeSports 3m3 minutes ago

Chris Paul "probably" is done for the rest of the playoffs though the team will know more tomorrow, per a source.

I was just going to say chances were slim to him being back in a week. Yikes.

Quinnsanity
04-26-2016, 02:14 AM
I hate that the Clippers now have an excuse not to blow up the team this summer. They were going to get their ***** handed to them by the Warriors if both had played at full strength and that would've been that. Blake would've been traded this summer and it would've made next year way more interesting. Now they're just gonna keep the gang together, lose in the second round next year and watch Blake leave as a free agent.

Aust
04-26-2016, 02:18 AM
Damn that sucks.

Monta is beast
04-26-2016, 02:33 AM
Injury bug..hope thats all

JasonJohnHorn
04-26-2016, 07:51 AM
This is a shame. Curry vs. CP3 is the match-up I was most looking forward to in the playoffs. :-(

I think all the fans are missing out because of this.

GrkGawdofWalkz
04-26-2016, 09:06 AM
CPLTIR goes down again. Well that could be seen as a foregone conclusion. For what its worth he can talk the talk, but he'll never win an NBA Title. :)

PayDaPiper
04-26-2016, 09:16 AM
Chris Paul should have rested more down the stretch to prevent this.

Supa
04-26-2016, 09:23 AM
How can this happened to Clippers!?

---

Hawkeye15
04-26-2016, 09:38 AM
more injuries. Yippee

PayDaPiper
04-26-2016, 09:43 AM
"Blazers are lucky, and so are the Warriors if they have to face us without Paul"

-Doc Rivers

GrkGawdofWalkz
04-26-2016, 10:04 AM
How can this happened to Clippers!?

---

Overrated by the media and casual NBA fans?

ewing
04-26-2016, 10:05 AM
Blessing in disguise. Austin Rivers will dominate

Captain Moroni
04-26-2016, 10:06 AM
Chris Paul should have rested more down the stretch to prevent this.

To prevent a fractured hand? Was his hand weary?

Tony_Starks
04-26-2016, 10:19 AM
That's messed up. They weren't going anywhere anyway but still sucks for Chris...

Chronz
04-26-2016, 10:29 AM
I hate that the Clippers now have an excuse not to blow up the team this summer. They were going to get their ***** handed to them by the Warriors if both had played at full strength and that would've been that. Blake would've been traded this summer and it would've made next year way more interesting. Now they're just gonna keep the gang together, lose in the second round next year and watch Blake leave as a free agent.

Doubt they were going to get their *** handed to them and Blake wasn't fully healthy either way. Not sure how it's more interesting but that's a vague comment.

I would gladly give them another few years. They definitely don't need to blow it up

Chronz
04-26-2016, 10:31 AM
That's messed up. They weren't going anywhere anyway but still sucks for Chris...
Are the warriors so stacked that you see them beating the clips without Curry?

Chronz
04-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Overrated by the media and casual NBA fans?

Why do you like such huge foreheads?

valade16
04-26-2016, 10:33 AM
Doubt they were going to get their *** handed to them and Blake wasn't fully healthy either way. Not sure how it's more interesting but that's a vague comment.

I would gladly give them another few years. They definitely don't need to blow it up

Kind of a bittersweet example but John Stockton and Karl Malone both became full time starters for Utah in 1988 and didn't make the NBA finals until 1997.

They don't need to tear the team apart. Paul/Griffin/Jordan/Redick is a great foundation. They just need to be savvy and get players that complement them.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2016, 10:38 AM

Theyll beat the Blazers because the Clippers won't even be there.

But hypothetically they would still beat them, not because they're "so stacked," but because they play collectively as a unit better than the paper clips.

These Clippers look a lot like the same dudes that tricked off a series to the Rockets last year, except more banged up.

TrueFan420
04-26-2016, 10:45 AM

Very true they still have to get there but I think they're capable of beating the Blazers without him.

FOXHOUND
04-26-2016, 10:45 AM
How did he break it? Looking at the replay of when it apparently happened I can't figure it out lol.

SteBO
04-26-2016, 10:47 AM
These playoffs are on the brink of being ruined for me....

TrueFan420
04-26-2016, 10:48 AM

No but our team plays like a team. Plus Livingston is a capable starter who can run an offense. And we have plenty of others who can create for players. As well as great ball movement. Outside of Paul and Blake your team lacks players that can create for others.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Theyll beat the Blazers because the Clippers won't even be there.

But hypothetically they would still beat them, not because they're "so stacked," but because they play collectively as a unit better than the paper clips.

These Clippers look a lot like the same dudes that tricked off a series to the Rockets last year, except more banged up.

Lol. So with a healthy cp3, you saw the Blazers winning? Man you're delusional, even their own fans disagree with you on that. CP3 was hurt vs the rockets so I'm not sure why you think we should ignore that he led them PAST the defending champs. I agree, they look like that same squad.

Must be great to say a team isn't stacked when they win and blame others for not winning whilst stacked.

Show me one time a team lost the MVP and you had them penciled in for the Difference Finals. Or just show me an instance where it would've held true. Remember how the Spurs fared when they lost Duncan? Lost in R1 and that's a Pop led team. If the warriors are finalist without the MVP then they are too stacked. No other team gets that far without the best player in the game unless they are stacked

So full of it here. Bron can do no right and Curry can do no wrong in your world.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 10:57 AM
No but our team plays like a team. Plus Livingston is a capable starter who can run an offense. And we have plenty of others who can create for players. As well as great ball movement. Outside of Paul and Blake your team lacks players that can create for others.
Lol so you think yours is the only team that plays like a team? Spurs without Kawhi are barely a .500 team last year. How come they couldnt play like a team then but all of a sudden they start playing like a team when he returned?

Sorry but you don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Unless you expect me to believe the Warriors are the first team in history to ever play like a team, I'll take historical evidence over this hog wash

Vee-Rex
04-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Sucks for Clips fans. Playoff injuries blow, man.

I wonder what this means for the future of the Clippers.

valade16
04-26-2016, 11:02 AM
Lol. So with a healthy cp3, you saw the Blazers winning? Man you're delusional, even their own fans disagree with you on that. CP3 was hurt vs the rockets so I'm not sure why you think we should ignore that he led them PAST the defending champs. I agree, they look like that same squad.

Must be great to say a team isn't stacked when they win and blame others for not winning whilst stacked.

Show me one time a team lost the MVP and you had them penciled in for the Difference Finals. Or just show me an instance where it would've held true. Remember how the Spurs fared when they lost Duncan? Lost in R1 and that's a Pop led team. If the warriors are finalist without the MVP then they are too stacked. No other team gets that far without the best player in the game unless they are stacked

So full of it here. Bron can do no right and Curry can do no wrong in your world.

I fully believe from what I saw of the momentum of the game that the Blazers would have likely won that game even if CP3 had not gotten hurt.

That being said, with a healthy CP3 there is no way the Blazers were beating the LAC 2 of the next 3 games when 2 were in LA. The Blazers lucked out tremendously. Paul was wreaking havoc on Lillard.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2016, 11:11 AM

Not sure if you took a couple shots this morning when you woke up but I'm saying that Portland will beat a Chris Paul-less Clippers. Nowhere did I say they were going to beat a healthy Clipper squad.

And yes, if the Warriors are without their best player and the Clippers are without theirs I believe the Warriors still have much better continuity. The Clippers continuity wasn't even that awesome with CP3, so without him? Nah

Is Golden State beating a Clippers minus Chris Paul really that impressive, even without Steph? Not really. Now a "stacked" squad would beat the Spurs without Steph, that would be something to behold.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 11:13 AM
I fully believe from what I saw of the momentum of the game that the Blazers would have likely won that game even if CP3 had not gotten hurt.

That being said, with a healthy CP3 there is no way the Blazers were beating the LAC 2 of the next 3 games when 2 were in LA. The Blazers lucked out tremendously. Paul was wreaking havoc on Lillard.
I blacked out before the game was over. You can imagine my pain this morning. Calling off work and they Prolly think it's cuz I'm hungover but really I'm just salty as hell. Such a bs year, only hope is Blake and the medical team already ****ed him over. At this point they might diagnose cp with a broken foot

YAALREADYKNO
04-26-2016, 11:14 AM
If Blake was 100% I'd still give the clippers a chance on beating the Blazers

Chronz
04-26-2016, 11:16 AM
Not sure if you took a couple shots this morning when you woke up but I'm saying that Portland will beat a Chris Paul-less Clippers. Nowhere did I say they were going to beat a healthy Clipper squad.

And yes, if the Warriors are without their best player and the Clippers are without theirs I believe the Warriors still have much better continuity. The Clippers continuity wasn't even that awesome with CP3, so without him? Nah

Is Golden State beating a Clippers minus Chris Paul really that impressive, even without Steph? Not really. Now a "stacked" squad would beat the Spurs without Steph, that would be something to behold.
Incorrect

You said they weren't doing anything anyways. Which means had cp3 not gotten injured they would've lost anyways so if you had GS beating them your admitting how stacked they are. If you had Portland beating them then you have more faith than their fans do. Either way, you're out of ****ing bounds.

Shot might help but I quit the hard stuff for awhile. I only broke it for the Kobe game when they had rules for every 3 he made

Wrigheyes4MVP
04-26-2016, 11:25 AM
Would a Curry-less Warriors team be able to beat a healthy Clippers team anyway? I think they would. Luckily they don't have to even worry about that as they will face a depleted Clippers team or Portland. But they obviously need Curry for the Spurs. They aren't beating San Antonio without a healthy Steph Curry. San Antonio is the new favorites to win it all. I hope Curry gets healthy soon. We all want to see San Antonio vs Golden State with both teams healthy, but it doesn't look like we'll see this deam matchup at 100% what it could have been.

And now the door has opened up for Cleveland too. They had no chance against a healthy Warriors team. But they might just have a chance against San Antonio.

valade16
04-26-2016, 11:25 AM
I blacked out before the game was over. You can imagine my pain this morning. Calling off work and they Prolly think it's cuz I'm hungover but really I'm just salty as hell. Such a bs year, only hope is Blake and the medical team already ****ed him over. At this point they might diagnose cp with a broken foot

:laugh2: Yeah when they said his hand was broke I wondered how you were doing. I would be devastated. I feel for you.

DboneG
04-26-2016, 11:27 AM
I feel for CP3...I think the Clippers would have beat the Blazers if CP3 were healthy. The Blazers will win the series now. Also, the way Blake, Crawford, and J.J. are playing. These guys can't play so-so to bad basketball. DeAndre missing free throws and the Hack-a-Shaq thing is always being there...

Everything has to line up for the Clippers to beat GSW anyway.

So, if I were CP3 I would leave. I mentioned before, CP3 didn't have anywhere to go because the top teams that could win right now already have high octane guards.

Take the veterans min. and come off the bench for someone. Just leave.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Incorrect

You said they weren't doing anything anyways. Which means had cp3 not gotten injured they would've lost anyways so if you had GS beating them your admitting how stacked they are. If you had Portland beating them then you have more faith than their fans do. Either way, you're out of ****ing bounds.

Shot might help but I quit the hard stuff for awhile. I only broke it for the Kobe game when they had rules for every 3 he made

Lol.

I said, and I quote, "they weren't going anywhere anyway."

Translation: they weren't going to win a championship even if they were healthy.

That simple. However it played out they weren't winning a chip. Against GS, OKC, Spurs, Cleveland. Anybody other than the Blazers.

Drink yourself some Gatorade, pop a Advil, and eat some menudo.

Then have yourself a liquid lunch, you'll be auight.

KnicksorBust
04-26-2016, 11:28 AM
There has always reasons for why Chris Paul hasn't made it to the Finals and this just adds to the list. Inferior talent and injuries that last over 10 years eventually just sound like excuses. I agree with the troll post earlier in the thread. They would have been embarrassed in round 2 and now this allows them to save face but lose another year of Paul's prime.

kdspurman
04-26-2016, 11:38 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who thought LAC would've had a fighting chance at the WCF... Just really unfortunate for CP3... They've been accustomed to playing without Blake all year, but w/o Paul, it'll just be far too much to overcome.

Maybe he'll come back and play with 1 hand.. Didn't John Wall do that recently?

Chronz
04-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Lol.

I said, and I quote, "they weren't going anywhere anyway."
The WCF aren't anywhere? The Finals are a possibility once your there. Thats going somewhere

Translation: they weren't going to win a championship even if they were healthy.

So only 1 team goes anywhere, every year?

Heres the facts, they were coming for GS especially with a hurt Curry.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 11:47 AM
There has always reasons for why Chris Paul hasn't made it to the Finals and this just adds to the list. Inferior talent and injuries that last over 10 years eventually just sound like excuses. I agree with the troll post earlier in the thread. They would have been embarrassed in round 2 and now this allows them to save face but lose another year of Paul's prime.

Same **** I heard last year when we matched up with the Spurs. This time last year I was past out drunk in Hawaii, this year Im home in bed reading this junk, massive fail.

Vinylman
04-26-2016, 11:49 AM
I knew I could come to PSD this morning and see this kind of back and forth....

Interesting how GSW fans react to adversity versus Clipper fans

I guess Curry can rest the entire second round

Chronz
04-26-2016, 11:51 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who thought LAC would've had a fighting chance at the WCF... Just really unfortunate for CP3... They've been accustomed to playing without Blake all year, but w/o Paul, it'll just be far too much to overcome.

Maybe he'll come back and play with 1 hand.. Didn't John Wall do that recently?

You're not alone, they have played the Warriors tight and are the only team to have beaten the Dubs and the Spurs in a series, its not absurd to think they had a fighting chance but that was before Blake aggravated his injury. Now we are without CP3, a hurt BG and Reddick. I just want them eliminated so that Portland can do some damage to a fragile GS team.

KnicksorBust
04-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Same **** I heard last year when we matched up with the Spurs. This time last year I was past out drunk in Hawaii, this year Im home in bed reading this junk, massive fail.

Assuming full health of both rosters, I honestly don't even know how you could talk yourself into a Clippers upset in round 2.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Assuming full health of both rosters, I honestly don't even know how you could talk yourself into a Clippers upset in round 2.

Because I've seen basketball too long. Also, I never assumed full health, the Clips were hurt before the playoffs started and Curry got hurt a few days ago. I was assuming the health displayed before last night.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 11:59 AM
I knew I could come to PSD this morning and see this kind of back and forth....

Interesting how GSW fans react to adversity versus Clipper fans

I guess Curry can rest the entire second round

lol, theres like 2 of us. And dont be so sure, Curry needs to come back in R.2 in order to be prepped for the Spurs IMO.

BKLYNpigeon
04-26-2016, 12:07 PM
I wished every player was healthy.

Clippers vs Warriors 2nd round would have been great.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2016, 12:10 PM
The WCF aren't anywhere? The Finals are a possibility once your there. Thats going somewhere

So only 1 team goes anywhere, every year?

Heres the facts, they were coming for GS especially with a hurt Curry.

Facts according to Clipper fans maybe.

The actual facts are even healthy they looked like exactly what their record said they were: the fourth best team in the West.

Would've been a fun series to watch with both teams full strength tho, this sucks.

kdspurman
04-26-2016, 12:19 PM

The actual facts are even healthy they looked like exactly what their record said they were: the fourth best team in the West.

Would've been a fun series to watch with both teams full strength tho, this sucks.

They were without Blake much of the season, and missed out on the 3 seed by 2 games. The record thing is deceiving imo. I think the top 2 teams were set, but between them & OKC, it wasn't much separating the 2.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2016, 12:26 PM
They were without Blake much of the season, and missed out on the 3 seed by 2 games. The record thing is deceiving imo. I think the top 2 teams were set, but between them & OKC, it wasn't much separating the 2.

That would be a valid point if their record took a big hit when Blake went down but it actually improved.

Not saying they are better without him, they're not, but his absence didn't do them any damage record wise during the season. They still are more than likely behind Dubs/OKC/Spurs.

That's not a knock on them, the west is just loaded.

FOXHOUND
04-26-2016, 12:38 PM
The only reason the Clippers had any shot of beating the Warriors was because of Curry's injury so...

It's also kind of insulting to think that they were a lock to even beat Portland. They were losing when he got hurt and were still losing despite ending the 3rd on a 12-8 run without him. They were heading for a 2-2 series tie anyways and given their playoff history were no locks to win. They looked like they were headed for yet another 1st round game 7.

DillyDill
04-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Injures blow badly wanted to see CP vs Steph since we all missed out last year smh

Sly Guy
04-26-2016, 01:03 PM
sucks for the clips. CP3 is really big for them. Without him, I don't see them making round 2

DillyDill
04-26-2016, 01:07 PM
This is a shame. Curry vs. CP3 is the match-up I was most looking forward to in the playoffs. :-(

I think all the fans are missing out because of this.

Hell yea biggtime

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Clippers need to do something regardless of where they go this season (unless they win a ring). WCF at this point isn't good enough. Changes have to be made and I'm thinking DJ is the only keeper. Sad news because we're missing out on a LAC vs GSW matchup between Griffin vs Green and CP3 vs Curry. Hell, I'll even throw Redick vs Thompson there. GSW caught a break. They don't need Curry to beat Portland, tbh.

Jets012
04-26-2016, 01:17 PM
Ugh, now the CP3 haters will come out in full force the next few weeks and become insufferable.

Can already see it now, "Another year where CP3 couldn't lead his team to a ship"

Rather than appreciate how amazing Chris Paul has been over the last several years and how he's still a top 5 player in this league.

ewing
04-26-2016, 01:26 PM
under/over on in bounds passes stolen by pablo prigioni in game 5, 1.5?

FOXHOUND
04-26-2016, 01:28 PM

I'll take the over at 2 :D

ewing
04-26-2016, 01:33 PM
I'll take the over at 2 :D

i think its a good bet

Vinylman
04-26-2016, 01:37 PM
lol, theres like 2 of us. And dont be so sure, Curry needs to come back in R.2 in order to be prepped for the Spurs IMO.

meh........ curry will be back easily............... whether he reinjures himself is a whole other issue.......

Larry Johnson played with the same injury a couple of days after it happened and took off the knee brace in the middle of the game....

the dubs desire to rest him as long as possible is the only thing that will keep him out.

8kobe24
04-26-2016, 01:44 PM
Sucks...clipper curse strikes again.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 01:46 PM
The only reason the Clippers had any shot of beating the Warriors was because of Curry's injury so...

It's also kind of insulting to think that they were a lock to even beat Portland. They were losing when he got hurt and were still losing despite ending the 3rd on a 12-8 run without him. They were heading for a 2-2 series tie anyways and given their playoff history were no locks to win. They looked like they were headed for yet another 1st round game 7.

Meh, cool opinion bro

And its because of their history that its not insulting. You act as if defeating the defending champs, the soon to be champs and winning without HCA whilst defeating a superior team is somehow a mark against them. The NBA fixed the rules so that we would never see to heavyweights fighting in the first round so unfairly ffs. I had this series going 5 so Im abit disappointed in them but even their own fans wouldn't expect a win so while its not a lock (no series is ever a lock given the fact that we've seen 8's upset 1's) it was pretty much a safe bet.

PayDaPiper
04-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Clippers need to do something regardless of where they go this season (unless they win a ring). WCF at this point isn't good enough. Changes have to be made and I'm thinking DJ is the only keeper. Sad news because we're missing out on a LAC vs GSW matchup between Griffin vs Green and CP3 vs Curry. Hell, I'll even throw Redick vs Thompson there. GSW caught a break. They don't need Curry to beat Portland, tbh.

GS caught a break right after the Clippers caught a break.

Warriors beat Clippers if both are healthy. Especially considering Clippers haven't beat Warriors since 2014? Been completely owned.

Warriors take Clippers to 7 without Curry and Paul healthy, would have been anyone's series.

Warriors win in 5 in Curry and Paul are both out.

Warriors beat blazers in 5 or 6 as is

Chronz
04-26-2016, 01:48 PM

I was right in never losing hope for him, dude saved our season by getting Austin off the point.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 01:51 PM

They reached the 4th best record in the West without an All-NBA power forward and throwing away games in the early season with the Josh Smith at center experiment. Dubs would need Curry to topple that and the Clips were going somewhere, unless you want to admit that only 1 team goes anywhere every year.

ewing
04-26-2016, 01:54 PM
I was right in never losing hope for him, dude saved our season by getting Austin off the point.

he steals more in bounds passes then anyone who ever played the game. Its uncanny

S & B Bleeder
04-26-2016, 01:54 PM
Sucks for us NBA fans who wanted to see Curry vs CP3.

Other than that, the Clips weren't winning a damn thing this year with or without Paul.

Blazers wax them in the next 2 games.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 01:56 PM
That would be a valid point if their record took a big hit when Blake went down but it actually improved.

Not saying they are better without him, they're not, but his absence didn't do them any damage record wise during the season. They still are more than likely behind Dubs/OKC/Spurs.

That's not a knock on them, the west is just loaded.

If you're not saying that then you cant pretend he wouldn't have added to the win total. You cant have it both ways and I know you're not dumb enough to commit to the idea that he doesn't improve the team.

Simply put, we were in the middle of figuring out the rotation, Blake was playing great up until the injury (I forget when it happened but he was playing through it for many games we lost) and didn't the Clips win every game since he returned so are we sure those irrelevant win-loss records still hold true?

Besides, come playoffs, team efficiency matters more than raw records and the Clips were far more efficient with Blake in the lineup. So his point is still valid and you are still hating.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Sucks for us NBA fans who wanted to see Curry vs CP3.

Other than that, the Clips weren't winning a damn thing this year with or without Paul.

Blazers wax them in the next 2 games.

Meh, thats what people said about us beating the Spurs. I really think CP3 is cursed tho. Maybe Im cursed, all my favorite players get hurt. Tmac never got out of R1 because of injuries and CP3 may never get past R.2

And in the game of tennis, how far 1 player goes is all that matters to some.

JLynn943
04-26-2016, 02:18 PM
Tragic.

FOXHOUND
04-26-2016, 02:35 PM
Meh, cool opinion bro

And its because of their history that its not insulting. You act as if defeating the defending champs, the soon to be champs and winning without HCA whilst defeating a superior team is somehow a mark against them. The NBA fixed the rules so that we would never see to heavyweights fighting in the first round so unfairly ffs. I had this series going 5 so Im abit disappointed in them but even their own fans wouldn't expect a win so while its not a lock (no series is ever a lock given the fact that we've seen 8's upset 1's) it was pretty much a safe bet.

Well I would prefer not to go down the Clippers recent playoff history road with you, we can definitely agree to disagree there lol.

But let me ask this, would there be any circumstance that you would expect a 40-win team to have any chance vs 60-win team in the playoffs if both are healthy? Because that's what we're talking about there. The Warriors won 73-games to the Clippers 53. The 1st and 4th seed are rarely this far apart in ability.

FlashBolt
04-26-2016, 02:42 PM
GS caught a break right after the Clippers caught a break.

Warriors beat Clippers if both are healthy. Especially considering Clippers haven't beat Warriors since 2014? Been completely owned.

Warriors take Clippers to 7 without Curry and Paul healthy, would have been anyone's series.

Warriors win in 5 in Curry and Paul are both out.

Warriors beat blazers in 5 or 6 as is

Yeah, but Blake isn't really healthy either. So it's literally Redick+DJ who are going to have to go bananas. Blake hasn't looked great since he came back. Definitely not the same player. CP3 was needed big time.

valade16
04-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Yeah, but Blake isn't really healthy either. So it's literally Redick+DJ who are going to have to go bananas. Blake hasn't looked great since he came back. Definitely not the same player. CP3 was needed big time.

Redick isn't even 100% either. He has a bone spur in his foot or something.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2016, 02:51 PM
Had the Clippers been healthy they never really solved the flaws in their roster to me. Mainly reliable starting SF and quality bench.

Stevenson and Smith were supposed to be it but didn't fit.

Jeff Green has always been solid, but inconsistent.

They got Paul Pierce a couple years too late.

When you add that to DJ being a liability in crunch time, Blake being questionable in the clutch it boils down to pretty much ride or die with Chris Paul.

Still capable of contending but everything really really has to be going right for them for that to happen.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Well I would prefer not to go down the Clippers recent playoff history road with you, we can definitely agree to disagree there lol.

But let me ask this, would there be any circumstance that you would expect a 40-win team to have any chance vs 60-win team in the playoffs if both are healthy? Because that's what we're talking about there. The Warriors won 73-games to the Clippers 53. The 1st and 4th seed are rarely this far apart in ability.

We've recently sent the champs packing and then lost to a healthier 2-seed. Feel free to go down any road you wish.

To answer ur Q, I always expect the better team to continue being the better team, doesn't mean there is no chance. Its almost as if you guys are thinking Im suggesting the Clips should be favored.

Besides the records are misleading with regards to the Clips since they have been without their franchise player for most of it and when he did play, he was injured half the time. Aside from that, that already fallible win difference isn't unheard of. In fact Im pretty sure that was the difference between the Nuggets and Sonics when they shocked the world. So yes, I have hope. Especially given how good the team is at full health, sadly CP3 is always injured and Blake has been as well.

Monta is beast
04-26-2016, 03:16 PM
"Blazers are lucky, and so are the Warriors if they have to face us without Paul"

-Doc Rivers

Doc rivers is a clown. When asked about possibly facing the warriors without curry, he said they had to play without kendrick perkins against the warriors in game 7 a few years ago. He compared missing steph to missing perkins. Now cp3 is out and where lucky, why wasnt he lucky when steph was out. I cant stand that dude

Chronz
04-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Had the Clippers been healthy they never really solved the flaws in their roster to me. Mainly reliable starting SF and quality bench.

Stevenson and Smith were supposed to be it but didn't fit.

Jeff Green has always been solid, but inconsistent.

They got Paul Pierce a couple years too late.

When you add that to DJ being a liability in crunch time, Blake being questionable in the clutch it boils down to pretty much ride or die with Chris Paul.

Still capable of contending but everything really really has to be going right for them for that to happen.

Try not to laugh but I really, really like Wes Johnson. Jeff Green sucks donkey dick. I might be fooling myself but I put 100 on them to win it all, I knew the odds were long when I made the bet, even longer as the season unfolded but I had that glimmer of hope with playoff CP3/Blake and the added talent around them. I told myself the bet stopped mattering a long time ago but it really hit home this morning. My bad if Im acting like a sour puss more than usual.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Doc rivers is a clown. When asked about possibly facing the warriors without curry, he said they had to play without kendrick perkins against the warriors in game 7 a few years ago. He compared missing steph to missing perkins. Now cp3 is out and where lucky, why wasnt he lucky when steph was out. I cant stand that dude

Thats foolish and all but the dude gave you a fake quote.

Monta is beast
04-26-2016, 03:19 PM
They reached the 4th best record in the West without an All-NBA power forward and throwing away games in the early season with the Josh Smith at center experiment. Dubs would need Curry to topple that and the Clips were going somewhere, unless you want to admit that only 1 team goes anywhere every year.

The warriors have absolutely owned the clippers. I think they've won 13 of the last 14 or something like that

Monta is beast
04-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Thats foolish and all but the dude gave you a fake quote.

Ok but i still cant stand doc. How can you say that with a straight face. In the same series we were missing bogut. If we had bogut clips would have lost that series

Chronz
04-26-2016, 03:28 PM
The warriors have absolutely owned the clippers. I think they've won 13 of the last 14 or something like that

Theyve owned the entire NBA and H2H dont really mean much, granted they've won all of them but a few of those could have gone either way and we usually dont see the Dubs in many tight affairs. Im confident in the Clips against them more than any other team except the Spurs and even then its a toss up because I think they desperately need a PG against the best.

Ok but i still cant stand doc. How can you say that with a straight face. In the same series we were missing bogut. If we had bogut clips would have lost that series
Clips were dealing with their own internal strife but the Dubs do prolly win with Bogut. Definitely a different series without him since DJ was matched up with David Lee.

R. Johnson#3
04-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Hate to see it happen. Is Blake out too?

sf-fanatic
04-26-2016, 04:06 PM
So is it official Paul is out for the playoffs ? I don't think I saw an official report about him yet.

Bostonjorge
04-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Warriors vs Clippers was the series I wanted to see most. Sucks that the main 2 players will be out.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2016, 04:13 PM
Try not to laugh but I really, really like Wes Johnson. Jeff Green sucks donkey dick. I might be fooling myself but I put 100 on them to win it all, I knew the odds were long when I made the bet, even longer as the season unfolded but I had that glimmer of hope with playoff CP3/Blake and the added talent around them. I told myself the bet stopped mattering a long time ago but it really hit home this morning. My bad if Im acting like a sour puss more than usual.

omfg

now, that is coming from a Wolves fan, so my view of Wes couldn't be more negative. He was THE worst starting wing in the league when he played for the Wolves

zn23
04-26-2016, 04:30 PM
What an unbelievably terrible break for the Clippers and what a lucky break for the Warriors.

numba1CHANGsta
04-26-2016, 05:02 PM
Idk which team is more cursed, the Clippers or Cubs

Scoots
04-26-2016, 08:55 PM
The Clippers need to move to New Orleans and get a voodoo doctor to take the hex off of them.

I don't know who's line it is but "Clippers gonna clip" is so cruel, and it seems almost apt when things just keep falling apart for them, even when things look they are turning their way.

Cracka2HI!
04-27-2016, 02:04 AM
The best things I can say about the injuries are; I didn't expect us to win anyway and it got me to post on PSD. Neither of those are very good.

Monta is beast
04-27-2016, 04:06 AM
The best things I can say about the injuries are; I didn't expect us to win anyway and it got me to post on PSD. Neither of those are very good.

Isnt that a travel by j crossover

Monta is beast
04-27-2016, 04:09 AM
Warriors vs Clippers was the series I wanted to see most. Sucks that the main 2 players will be out.

Unless we end up playing the thunde this was the series i was most excited for too cause these teams do not like each other. Curry and cp3 used to be boys they dont talk no more cause of the rivalry. Warriors cavs should be a good one if it c ok mes down to that

nastynice
04-27-2016, 04:29 AM
Unless we end up playing the thunde this was the series i was most excited for too cause these teams do not like each other. Curry and cp3 used to be boys they dont talk no more cause of the rivalry. Warriors cavs should be a good one if it c ok mes down to that

Yes, I too hate the clippers. Been wanting a piece of them since they knocked us out in rd 1 a couple years back

Scoots
04-27-2016, 11:58 AM
What an unbelievably terrible break for the Clippers and what a lucky break for the Warriors.

I can't believe this stuff is still happening. The Warriors win 67 games and a title while dominating the Clippers in the regular season and people talk about how lucky they were to miss playing the Clippers (though they did play the team that beat the Clippers). Then they follow that up with 73 wins and a sweep of the Clippers in the regular season and the Warriors are still lucky they don't have to face the full strength Clippers?

When is this delusion going to end?

I'm sorry to miss what would have been an entertaining series, but to think the trend from the last 2 years is suddenly going to reverse in the playoffs when one team hasn't made it out of the 2nd round and the other won the title last year. I just don't get that it's still coming up.

Tony_Starks
04-27-2016, 03:04 PM
omfg

now, that is coming from a Wolves fan, so my view of Wes couldn't be more negative. He was THE worst starting wing in the league when he played for the Wolves

Wes Johnson is the guy you see doing dunks and swishing threes on the sideline, you pick him up for next game thinking you came up...then in the game proceeds to throw up air balls and dribble off his foot!

IDunknown
04-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Wes Johnson is the guy you see doing dunks and swishing threes on the sideline, you pick him up for next game thinking you came up...then in the game proceeds to throw up air balls and dribble off his foot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ceBk_UMdk:D

Saddletramp
04-28-2016, 02:10 AM
I can't believe this stuff is still happening. The Warriors win 67 games and a title while dominating the Clippers in the regular season and people talk about how lucky they were to miss playing the Clippers (though they did play the team that beat the Clippers). Then they follow that up with 73 wins and a sweep of the Clippers in the regular season and the Warriors are still lucky they don't have to face the full strength Clippers?

I'm sorry to miss what would have been an entertaining series, but to think the trend from the last 2 years is suddenly going to reverse in the playoffs when one team hasn't made it out of the 2nd round and the other won the title last year. I just don't get that it's still coming up.

Why do you guys keep saying this? With Paul and Blake, the Clippers had a great chance of beating the Blazers and a great chance of beating the Warriors the first few games of that series. And then when Curry comes back, there's no telling when that'll be and how effective he'll be in his first few games back.

Of course it's another break for the Warriors. Whether it's the inferior Blazers or the Paul and Griffin-less Clippers next round, it's an obvious break.

FOXHOUND
04-28-2016, 03:30 AM
Why do you guys keep saying this? With Paul and Blake, the Clippers had a great chance of beating the Blazers and a great chance of beating the Warriors the first few games of that series. And then when Curry comes back, there's no telling when that'll be and how effective he'll be in his first few games back.

Of course it's another break for the Warriors. Whether it's the inferior Blazers or the Paul and Griffin-less Clippers next round, it's an obvious break.

As opposed the the rest of the NBA being lucky that Curry got injured to begin with? :eyebrow:

Saddletramp
04-28-2016, 09:23 AM
As opposed the the rest of the NBA being lucky that Curry got injured to begin with? :eyebrow:

That means the Warriors didn't catch a break? And one guy out 2 weeks-ish is different than losing your top two players. Period.

Scoots
04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
That means the Warriors didn't catch a break? And one guy out 2 weeks-ish is different than losing your top two players. Period.

You REALLY meant that! Ending with <period> Period <period> :)

All injuries suck. It's not more or less lucky for a player to get injured. You play who you play, there is nothing you can do about it.

Saddletramp
04-28-2016, 03:23 PM
You REALLY meant that! Ending with <period> Period <period> :)

All injuries suck. It's not more or less lucky for a player to get injured. You play who you play, there is nothing you can do about it.

So why are people debating if it's catching a break or not? In any sport, teams/players catch a lot of break due to various situations, including injuries. The Rockets caught a break when Curry went down. But the Warriors caught a break because they were playing the Rockets.

kdspurman
04-28-2016, 04:21 PM

As a Spurs fan, I can tell you prior to OKC beating us in that 2012 series, we had their number. We'd won like 7 or 8 straight against them or something like that. Things can change man, you never know.

Not to mention Steph possibly not being 100%.. you just never know

Scoots
04-28-2016, 07:17 PM
So why are people debating if it's catching a break or not? In any sport, teams/players catch a lot of break due to various situations, including injuries. The Rockets caught a break when Curry went down. But the Warriors caught a break because they were playing the Rockets.

I don't know about the others, but for me it's the idea that the team that beat the Clippers last year was somehow easier to beat than the Clippers were, and I don't see a reason to think the Clippers were going to have better results against the Warriors than the Blazers.

Scoots
04-28-2016, 07:19 PM
As a Spurs fan, I can tell you prior to OKC beating us in that 2012 series, we had their number. We'd won like 7 or 8 straight against them or something like that. Things can change man, you never know.

Not to mention Steph possibly not being 100%.. you just never know

I know that I never know ... what confuses me is that Clippers fans and others seeming to think that the Clippers would have clearly beaten the Warriors when the Warriors went and beat the team that beat the Clippers and there has been no recent history to support the belief. I'm not saying the Warriors would dominate the Clippers, just that I don't see any reason for the Clippers (and their fans) to be confident against the Warriors with or without Curry.