PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry out 1-2 weeks and will be reevaluated after

mrblisterdundee
04-25-2016, 08:13 PM
Stephen Curry will miss at least two weeks (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25566423/warriors-stephen-curry-out-at-least-two-weeks-with-grade-1-mcl-sprain) with a sprained right knee.

Curry will definitely miss Game 5 between the Rockets and Warriors in Oakland on Wednesday. Beyond that it will depend on a.) Curry's recovery and b.) the timing and schedule of their second-round series against the Blazers or Clippers. If that series wraps in five games later this week, Curry could miss up to four games or more of the next series. If the Blazers force the series to Game 6 or 7 (or win), that would delay the start of the semifinals until next week, buying Curry more time before the games begin. It seems very unlikely at this point he'll be available for Games 1 or 2 of the semifinals.

mrblisterdundee
04-25-2016, 08:15 PM
The Clippers have to love this. They're the heavy favorites against the Blazers, and I give them the slight advantage against the Warriors sans-Curry. Chris Paul would carve that team up. It would still be a tough fight, though.

IndyRealist
04-25-2016, 08:27 PM
On TNT they said 2 weeks before he can do any cardio or drills. So really, 3-4 weeks.

goingfor28
04-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Ya everything I've seen says rest 2 weeks, reevaluate and they'll see where he is then

numba1CHANGsta
04-25-2016, 09:19 PM
So LeBron vs Spurs part 4? yaawwwnnn This is why people are losing interest in the NBA, it's the same damn teams/players in the Finals every year.

europagnpilgrim
04-25-2016, 09:57 PM
So LeBron vs Spurs part 4? yaawwwnnn This is why people are losing interest in the NBA, it's the same damn teams/players in the Finals every year.

Agreed

its across the board in all the major big 3 sports, even though the Yanks fell off it was always them or Boston and a sneak team here or there out the AL, as with St Louis being there and back then it was Atlanta with a Astros or Arizona sneak team out the NL

same with NFL it was like Manning/Brady with Flacco sneaking in there the past decade plus or so

they love to re hash the same story lines with a new sprinkle here and there, like how OKC got in there 12' season and Dallas 11' but its always pretty much the same teams/players, also its like all the top tier players on legit contenders end up getting hurt leading up to playing Lebron past odd number of years outside of last year Finals, from Pacers P George back to Bulls Rose to now Curry and even T Parker injured himself in one of those Finals early against Heat/Lebron

but then again I look at it both ways and Wade wasn't healthy last couple of years and we all know he lost his big 2 last postseason, but being the superior player he can carry a heavier load than those other contenders that lost a key player

the nba has been on the decline of its hard core viewers for a while now, casual fans are just that, casual, not like the core and it has to do with refs rigging game scandal to how they do certain legends of the game and so on and on

Lebron has to basically make it in since he can bring in droves the negative/positive headlines from all angles, and he has history with the top 3 contenders out West, Spurs have the most with him since they mopped him in 07' with Cavs and also as a Heat, boring I know but it is what it be

its a business, but a his story repeats itself type business, ratings/$$$

they basically did a Finals pre-test this season when they were showcasing the same teams for the Saturday primetime games, the highest rated games will most likely be the Finals, Cavs vs. a top 3 seed out West more than likely, but the Curry injury really messed up the ratings rematch, I prefer that back to back over the Spurs, or OKC sneaking in, all day

jason
04-25-2016, 10:52 PM
I have a feeling he comes back before two weeks

MygirlhatesCod
04-25-2016, 11:20 PM
i really think the warriors would be favorites against the clippers in games 1 and 2 at home. assuming they split home and away 2-2 is still really good position to be in for a curry return.

Yanks All Day
04-25-2016, 11:32 PM
An MCL sprain usually isn't just a 2 week injury, no matter how mild it seems. By all reports, they're giving him 2 weeks, and then reevaluating him to see where he stands. I don't think it's completely out of the question that he won't play in the Western Semifinals at all. It very well might be 3-4 weeks before he can play in a game.

But the scary part is that the Warriors are so good they conceivably could win their next series without him.

IndyRealist
04-25-2016, 11:54 PM
I have a feeling he comes back before two weeks

He has to be cleared by a doctor and then get his cardio back up. I'd take that bet.

Scoots
04-26-2016, 01:12 AM
Myers said Curry COULD come back before 2 weeks ... it's just the 2 weeks is the point of evaluation. They will learn more in the coming week.

jason
04-26-2016, 04:01 AM
Myers said Curry COULD come back before 2 weeks ... it's just the 2 weeks is the point of evaluation. They will learn more in the coming week.
Exactly what I'm saying

IBleedPurple
04-26-2016, 04:16 AM
Steph isn't the first person I'd think of to come back early from injury.

KnicksorBust
04-26-2016, 07:14 AM
If the Warriors knock off the Rockets and steal a game from the Clips without him the Curry haters get more ammo so even if he comes back they can take shots...

eDush
04-26-2016, 07:22 AM
If the Warriors knock off the Rockets and steal a game from the Clips without him the Curry haters get more ammo so even if he comes back they can take shots...That would be difficult since we be facing the Blazers, the match up I really want since they beaten us this season and Lilliard is one tough cookie and a future superstar in the making. And they are
the better team!!

KnicksorBust
04-26-2016, 11:36 AM
That would be difficult since we be facing the Blazers, the match up I really want since they beaten us this season and Lilliard is one tough cookie and a future superstar in the making. And they are
the better team!!

Sadly with CP3 going down u might be right.

Chronz
04-26-2016, 11:52 AM
That would be difficult since we be facing the Blazers, the match up I really want since they beaten us this season and Lilliard is one tough cookie and a future superstar in the making. And they are
the better team!!

Why haven't you been watching the playoffs?

joedaheights
04-26-2016, 01:37 PM

I think Thibs arrival with that young group in Minnesota changes that in a hurry, especially when you consider that they have the kind of talent already where Thibs can just add his mix of vets and solid draftees and by this time two years from now, you'll see that team giving teams fits in the playoffs.

IKnowHoops
04-26-2016, 01:49 PM
I don't think the Dubs will beat the Blazers without Curry. It will be a battle but the longer that series goes, the harder its gonna get for the Dubs. Without Curry there rotations will be shorter and they will get tired. Will be interesting to see how they handle this adversity. Bron dealt with many injured players as he carried teams through the playoffs and got by certain teams short handed. This is different because the Dubs "Bron" is the one that is hurt, but they are also the deepest team Ive seen in a while so they have that depth going for them. Still I dont expect them to get by the Blazers without Steph. I dang sure wouldn't expect Cleveland to get by anyone going forward if Bron had to miss a series.

MygirlhatesCod
04-26-2016, 01:59 PM
I don't think the Dubs will beat the Blazers without Curry. It will be a battle but the longer that series goes, the harder its gonna get for the Dubs. Without Curry there rotations will be shorter and they will get tired. Will be interesting to see how they handle this adversity. Bron dealt with many injured players as he carried teams through the playoffs and got by certain teams short handed. This is different because the Dubs "Bron" is the one that is hurt, but they are also the deepest team Ive seen in a while so they have that depth going for them. Still I dont expect them to get by the Blazers without Steph. I dang sure wouldn't expect Cleveland to get by anyone going forward if Bron had to miss a series.

so irving and love are incapable of winning a series in the east but if they are healthy they become the deciding factor against the warriors?

IKnowHoops
04-27-2016, 04:14 AM
so irving and love are incapable of winning a series in the east but if they are healthy they become the deciding factor against the warriors?

With those two in the lineup, Bron doesn't get tired after game four and he can continue to be a one man recking crew. Bron was gassed out after game four. He was averaging like 48 minutes a game the first 4 due to the overtimes. Everyone on the team was averaging a cray amount of minutes. With those two in the lineup Delly doesn't gas out after two games. A much fresher team in the Cavs would of been on the court.

Kyrie and Love would each be good for 1-2 games of great play as well. So yes they would of been the difference.

nastynice
04-27-2016, 04:27 AM
Of all the years this **** had to happen, had to be the 73 win season!! Damn, way to **** it up, Stephen!

numba1CHANGsta
04-27-2016, 04:40 AM
Of all the years this **** had to happen, had to be the 73 win season!! Damn, way to **** it up, Stephen!

The funny thing is that the Warriors didn't rest their players including Steph cuz they wanted that record and then look what happened. The Spurs rested their players throughout the season and could care less about breaking the record cuz they're focused on being fresh for the playoffs. The Cavs also rested their players and both the Cavs and Spurs swept their teams.

nastynice
04-27-2016, 05:06 AM
The funny thing is that the Warriors didn't rest their players including Steph cuz they wanted that record and then look what happened. The Spurs rested their players throughout the season and could care less about breaking the record cuz they're focused on being fresh for the playoffs. The Cavs also rested their players and both the Cavs and Spurs swept their teams.

I think they did the right thing. No reason to believe fatigue had anything to do with the injuries. Its sports, injuries happen. Oh well, ****in sucks for us

Sportsguy9695
04-27-2016, 06:43 AM
very tough break for the warriors but i am not surprised to see what it happened since they have been pushing him all season to go for the record. im sure he hasnt gotton much rest this season. so this once gonna happen one way or the other