PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox (9-9) vs Braves (4-14)

RedSoxtober
04-25-2016, 10:12 AM
At Atlanta
Game 1: Porcello (3-0, 4.66ERA) vs Teheran (0-2, 5.64ERA)
Game 2: Price (2-0, 7.06ERA) vs Wisler (0-1, 3.10ERA)

At Boston
Game 3: Wright (1-2, 1.40ERA) vs Norris (1-3, 6.75ERA)
Game 4: Buchholz (0-2, 6.33ERA) vs Chacin (0-1, 3.18ERA)

-Lavigne43-
04-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Why would you take both Hanley and Ortiz out of the lineup on the same day?

a4anthony
04-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Yea i would have let each of them play a game at first. Now one of them won't play at all (start anyways) in today or tomorrows game.

Green_Monster
04-25-2016, 09:34 PM
I really hope that we continue to see this Porcello and not the one from last year. He's been really solid these last couple of games.

a4anthony
04-25-2016, 09:40 PM
I really hope that we continue to see this Porcello and not the one from last year. He's been really solid these last couple of games.
Who would have thought that Steven Wright and Rick Porcello would be our best pitchers 2 weeks in. Got to love baseball.

RedSoxtober
04-25-2016, 09:46 PM
Why would you take both Hanley and Ortiz out of the lineup on the same day?

:surrender:

As I've mentioned elsewhere, he's been an entirely different pitcher since coming back from his "injury" last August. 12 straight starts with at least 6IP/6K. He's gotten back to throwing his sinker and it's made all the difference in the world.

Soxfan85
04-25-2016, 10:08 PM
Cy Young? Call me crazy but if he continues he will be

GrkGawdofWalkz
04-26-2016, 08:59 AM
Porcello's last few starts are indicative of his talent for sure. Very tight defensive well pitched game. Regardless of who you play, winning these games is good for team moral. Good to see the pen hold together as well.

Green_Monster
04-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Travis Shaw absolutely demolished that baseball.

Bo Sox Fan
04-26-2016, 09:46 PM
The new Price / Vazquez battery combining for 14 K's over 8 innings.

Not bad at all.

nocal_lbm
04-27-2016, 04:18 AM
Would it be wrong to fat-shame a "big league" player and send him to the minors?

Or perhaps give Shaw a raise and make Panda the team gopher.

-Lavigne43-
04-27-2016, 08:55 PM
Braves have to be the worst team in baseball. I'm glad we play them 4 times this year.

RedSoxtober
04-28-2016, 09:08 AM
...and play them at just the right time. I think that the timing of the series was a big help to the Sox. Save for tonight's starter, the Sox rotation has been getting on a roll since Vazquez' promotion and this week they're also getting the reward for their efforts. Could be a good confidence builder.

Sarge
04-28-2016, 07:46 PM
Clay suckholtz....like batting practice for.the lowly braves so far

Green_Monster
04-28-2016, 07:49 PM
Clay Buchholz has absolutely nothing this year. He isn't fooling anyone. I've always been a fan of his and said that when he's healthy he's a good pitcher, but man, he's been awful.

Bo Sox Fan
04-28-2016, 09:18 PM
I hope Buchholz hits his annual DL stint soon cause I'm sick and tired of seeing his face and hearing his excuses.

Beavis called, he's missing his partner Butthead. When you pick your nose so hard that your head caves in, your name is Clay Buchholz.

Huhuhuhuhuh, hey Beavis.

-Lavigne43-
04-28-2016, 09:55 PM
How do you get knocked around by the Braves? If this continues I wonder how long Clay's leash is. When both EdRo and Kelly are ready what do they do? Wright has earned a spot in the rotation. Kelly belongs in the pen, but I'd rather role the dice with him then with Clay.

Lackeyfan41
04-29-2016, 02:43 AM
How do you get knocked around by the Braves? If this continues I wonder how long Clay's leash is. When both EdRo and Kelly are ready what do they do? Wright has earned a spot in the rotation. Kelly belongs in the pen, but I'd rather role the dice with him then with Clay.
Unless Kelly can prove himself before that decision has to be made he is in the pen before Clay.

RedSoxtober
04-29-2016, 09:36 AM
“I wouldn’t ever go on a bad streak if I knew what I had to do not to go on them,” said Buchholz when asked how he’s snapped out of these kinds of skids in the past. “I think it just happens sometimes. Team is going good and everybody is throwing the ball well and it’s falling on me right now. I haven’t been throwing the ball as well as the other guys.

“It usually stops and turns and goes the other way at some point, too. Just got to keep grinding and stay with it the four days in between and take the ball in five days.”

One constant to Buchholz’ inability to sustain excellence is how oblivious he is to the causes of these huge swings. As he says, “it just happens sometimes.”

We’re all just as mystified as he is.

“I feel good, I feel like the ball is coming out of my hand,” he marveled. “It seemed like early they were sitting soft on the 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 counts and I tried to go hard and gave up a couple of hits that scored some runs to hard stuff.

“It’s frustrating when you can’t put a finger on what you need to do and when you need to do it and why. All I can do right now is learn from it and get better within these next couple of days.”Boston Herald

RedSoxtober
04-29-2016, 09:40 AM

Completely agree. I'm done with the "potential" that Clay has. After 8 yrs you don't have potential any more. He lacks the heart to be the best pitcher in baseball and that leaves him being the guy who goes on streaks and (as his comments above suggest) has no idea why he's on the streak he's on. Send him as far away as possible as soon as possible.

Station 13
04-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Clay time is running out. Wright, Kelly, Owens, Johnson are capable of more.

Bo Sox Fan
04-29-2016, 11:45 PM
Please don't retire Ortiz

bosox1899
05-01-2016, 09:57 PM
since for some reason there isn't a thread for the yankee series, i'll post here. but I'm so glad we spent 217 million on price so he can pitch like a cy young winner to the lowly braves and like **** to the rest of the teams

j-bay
05-01-2016, 11:35 PM
since for some reason there isn't a thread for the yankee series, i'll post here. but I'm so glad we spent 217 million on price so he can pitch like a cy young winner to the lowly braves and like **** to the rest of the teams

1.Price isn't an April pitcher
2.Temp and Weather has something to do with it. Its 43 degrees with cold rain. You could tell he was freezing trying to warm up his hands. His velocity has been down in the coldest of temps. Someone get some heat lamps over Fenway please.

Bo Sox Fan
05-01-2016, 11:59 PM
1.Price isn't an April hitter
2.Temp and Weather has something to do with it. Its 43 degrees with cold rain. You could tell he was freezing trying to warm up his hands. His velocity has been down in the coldest of temps. Someone get some heat lamps over Fenway please.

I agree. Despite being mediocre at best thus far, he's still eating innings and is undefeated somehow at 4-0. Price could easily reach 20+ wins at this rate and the weather will only help.

First place Boston Red Sox. Never thought I'd say that at any point this season.

Sidenote: The Yankees look absolutely terrible and old, it's hilarious.