PDA

View Full Version : Could you see CP3 leaving the Clippers?

Ty Fast
04-22-2016, 08:38 PM
He can opt out of his contract at the end of next season. Do you think he could force a trade by not signing an extention or force Doc to trade Blake?

DboneG
04-22-2016, 11:27 PM
He can opt out of his contract at the end of next season. Do you think he could force a trade by not signing an extention or force Doc to trade Blake?

No! I don't see him leaving. Where is he going? CP3 got nowhere to go...all the top teams have a high octane guards. I think his best bet is to stay and have the Clippers add to what they have. Big problem is Jordan missing all of those free throws. Blake being a soft batch. You had Crawford having a horrible series last year. In order for CP3 to win one, everything has to lineup. You can add Doc to the list, because he made some bad decisions in the playoffs last year.

Minn.? CP3 for Kyrie? Back to NO? He's stuck.

europagnpilgrim
04-23-2016, 12:43 AM
After his contract expires I could see him going elsewhere if they don't at least make a conference finals or finals trip between now and whenever his deal expires, but him asking to be traded is just dumb after the sole reason he is where he is that is from a trade out of N.O.

The marriage ends upon his current deal expiring and then he can come to grips with it not working out and moving to his choice to end the back of a HOF career

kobe4thewinbang
04-23-2016, 01:30 AM
It's tough to say given the Blake Griffin fiasco this season. CP3 basically had to run the show all season and he did one hell of a job. He is balling right now in the playoffs and let's be real: this is his team. Griffin seems to be fine and back to his normal self, but I could see Paul going elsewhere. There were Irving-Paul rumors to help James not have so much pressure on running the show, but convincing DeAndre to stay showed his allegiance for the moment. I would say that Griffin is more likely to be traded if the Clippers can't reach higher levels in the playoffs. That team still needs work at the SF position.

Dade County
04-23-2016, 01:32 AM
After his contract expires I could see him going elsewhere if they don't at least make a conference finals or finals trip between now and whenever his deal expires, but him asking to be traded is just dumb after the sole reason he is where he is that is from a trade out of N.O.

The marriage ends upon his current deal expiring and then he can come to grips with it not working out and moving to his choice to end the back of a HOF career

For the most part, I agree with your post.

I don't see Cp3 retiring as a clipper (he gone).

mrblisterdundee
04-23-2016, 02:12 AM
I could see Chris Paul leaving Los Angeles, but it would have to be a very special situation, such as going to Cleveland to play with LeBron James.
The West is tough, but he's in a good situation with the Clippers. They have a legit Big Three, some depth, and a top-10 offense and defense this season. They beat the Spurs in a seven-game thriller last year and are looking fairly dominant against the Trailblazers this year. I think they match decently with the Warriors. Paul is probably the second-best player to defend Stephen Curry, after maybe Kawhi Leonard.

Monta is beast
04-23-2016, 03:14 AM
I could see it. Doc wont trade him for a bunch of young players tho he'll want a superstar in return.

Wade n Fade
04-23-2016, 11:18 PM
Sure, anything is possible. If he wants to win and sign with a team via FA, maybe San Antonio if Parker retires if Duncan calls it a career if they win another title this year. Parker, LA, and Leonard would make a great offensive tandem. The biggest sting would be forming up a potent team across the arena with the Purple and Gold. NYK has to be in the mix for CP3. Maybe they can discuss a Melo Porzingas deal for CP3 and Blake. A NYK deal wouldn't be easy to pull off, but anything is possible. Maybe Atlanta could be in the mix. Possibly Orlando or Chicago?

FlashBolt
04-23-2016, 11:25 PM
CP3 in the Spurs :speechless:

DboneG
04-24-2016, 09:14 AM
"Sure, anything is possible. If he wants to win and sign with a team via FA, maybe San Antonio if Parker retires"

A possibility, but, I don't see how CP3 and pop will coexist. pop is a control freak...do it my way type of guy. Whereas, CP3 is a point guard that like control, and freedom to express himself on the floor. So, it may/will be a problem.

"Maybe Atlanta could be in the mix. Possibly Orlando or Chicago?"

CP3 IMO is in a win-it-all-now-mode. Can he win it all in Orlando, Chicago, or Atlanta?
He's 30, he has maybe 3 good years left.

Wade n Fade
04-24-2016, 01:57 PM
"Sure, anything is possible. If he wants to win and sign with a team via FA, maybe San Antonio if Parker retires"

A possibility, but, I don't see how CP3 and pop will coexist. pop is a control freak...do it my way type of guy. Whereas, CP3 is a point guard that like control, and freedom to express himself on the floor. So, it may/will be a problem.

CP3 IMO is in a win-it-all-now-mode. Can he win it all in Orlando, Chicago, or Atlanta?

Those three teams could make moves w/ young assets and cap space.

europagnpilgrim
04-24-2016, 02:18 PM

If Larry Brown and The Answer made it work for whatever it was worth I don't see how CP3/Pop cant make it worth especially if Parker/Duncan retire, that would be like having Pop on the court since CP3 makes all the right decisions for the most part and that pretty much sums up Spurs/Pop basketball, every top 3 coach/player at position are control freaks to the highest degree, so as a veteran PG lurking for that elusive ring and a already 5x coach champ would seem they would have enough total experience to know what works and what does not

but then again with gigantic egos involved its always a tricky situation until it actually unfolds

CP3 pretty much always destroys the Spurs so if anybody would want him it would have to be Pop, but who knows