PDA

View Full Version : How Good Was LaMarcus Aldridge This Season?

Shammyguy3
04-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Would You Put Him In The Top-10 Players for this Past Season?

He put up 18/8.5/1.5 with a 114 ORtg 56.5ts% 0.215 WS/48. Do you think he was the best PF this season? Top-3? Where do you put both at his position and overall

kingsdelez24
04-22-2016, 03:22 PM
He looked a while lot more comfortable in the Spurs offensive sets in the second half of the season, especially when Duncan was out for a stretch of the season. Considering he was putting up 15.9 ppg before the allstar break and finished the season averaging something like 18+ overall.

IndyRealist
04-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Top 5 for his position, but it'd be hard to say top 10 overall. Not sure I'd even say he's a top 10 big man.

Chronz
04-22-2016, 03:28 PM
He arguably had his greatest season ever. Definitely the best PF this year.

IndyRealist
04-22-2016, 03:33 PM
He arguably had his greatest season ever. Definitely the best PF this year.
Draymond Green, Kenneth Faried, Paul Milsap?

Tony_Starks
04-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Proved what I been saying for years, better than Kevin Love.

Went to a contender and not only blended in but upped his game and became more efficient.

Basically allowed Timmy to take the year off.

valade16
04-22-2016, 03:40 PM
Post All-Star Weekend he put up:

19.9 PPG | 8.9 RPG | 58.5 TS%

Overall Pop got him to put in more effort on the defensive side and he proved what I've been telling people for awhile: he's a pretty good defender when he wants to be.

Offensively they got LMA to post up and stay in the paint more and he shot the highest % of his shots at the rim since the 2012 season (and made them at his highest % ever 73%). He's shot just as well from midrange (around 42%) but he's just not taking as many from there (30% of his shots this season as opposed to 35-40% the last 3 seasons).

Overall has he gotten much better? Not really no. He's not playing that much better so much as he's playing that much smarter thanks to the Spurs system. He's getting higher percentage shots but in terms of his actual abilities (defensively, post-up, mid-range, rebounding), he's just as good as he's always been.

Overall this is his most efficient season ever.

IndyRealist
04-22-2016, 03:41 PM
Proved what I been saying for years, better than Kevin Love.

Went to a contender and not only blended in but upped his game and became more efficient.

Basically allowed Timmy to take the year off.

Yes Aldridge is better than Love this season, but it's hard to simply compare this year between the two. Love is in a suboptimal situation where he has to defer, Aldridge was brought in to be the offensive focus. LaMarcus is also better than he's ever been, and could easily regress, while Love is about as bad as he's ever been and could easily rebound.

valade16
04-22-2016, 03:42 PM

What?

Tony_Starks
04-22-2016, 03:46 PM
Yes Aldridge is better than Love this season, but it's hard to simply compare this year between the two. Love is in a suboptimal situation where he has to defer, Aldridge was brought in to be the offensive focus. LaMarcus is also better than he's ever been, and could easily regress, while Love is about as bad as he's ever been and could easily rebound.

They are both the same players.

LMA is more skilled which made it easier to transition to another system, whereas Love is being exposed as the product of inflated stats playing on a bad team with the green light.

IndyRealist
04-22-2016, 03:54 PM
What?

Hey you don't have to like Faried :P

But you don't seem to have a problem with the other two being considered better than Aldridge, so the point stands.

valade16
04-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Hey you don't have to like Faried :P

But you don't seem to have a problem with the other two being considered better than Aldridge, so the point stands.

I'd lean Draymond Green being the best PF this season followed by LMA but I would certainly listen to an argument for Millsap, he often flies under the radar but is very good.

Faried however :)

IndyRealist
04-22-2016, 03:59 PM

LMA is more skilled which made it easier to transition to another system, whereas Love is being exposed as the product of inflated stats playing on a bad team with the green light.

I dunno that I'd say they're the same player. Love has range out to the 3pt line and is a better rebounder, Aldridge has a better mid range game and more post up moves. I would say that they're not in comparable roles, with Aldridge the 1st, maybe 1a option, and Love the 3rd option.

Shammyguy3
04-22-2016, 04:44 PM

Or more like, Love is being utilized incorrectly and was utilized far more effectively in Minnesota?

DboneG
04-22-2016, 05:00 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge had a good season and it isn't over. He could get the cherry on top...a title. Aldridge is not Top 10 player in the NBA. He could be in the Top 20 or Top 15. Draymond Green is the best PF this year IMO. Green play defense like he's hungry, like he's still in college or something...he should have won DPOY award.

KG21
04-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Lol what is wrong with you guys, Green as best PF???

Yeah, he's playing at PF a lot but that doesn't make him a PF. He is just a forward who can play multiple positions.

I would Put LMA at 1 and Davis as second.

IndyRealist
04-22-2016, 05:40 PM
Lol what is wrong with you guys, Green as best PF???

Yeah, he's playing at PF a lot but that doesn't make him a PF. He is just a forward who can play multiple positions.

I would Put LMA at 1 and Davis as second.
I'm pretty sure that's what makes anyone a PF.

KG21
04-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Just because he plays PF doesn't make him a PF.

If I put Rondo as SF is he a SF or is that just a position that he was ordered to by by his coach?

Tony_Starks
04-22-2016, 07:01 PM
I dunno that I'd say they're the same player. Love has range out to the 3pt line and is a better rebounder, Aldridge has a better mid range game and more post up moves. I would say that they're not in comparable roles, with Aldridge the 1st, maybe 1a option, and Love the 3rd option.

What I meant is they are the same players they were before they changed teams, my bad.

ghettosean
04-22-2016, 08:16 PM

What?

Lol... That made me laugh... But I agree!

ghettosean
04-22-2016, 08:21 PM
Just because he plays PF doesn't make him a PF.

If I put Rondo as SF is he a SF or is that just a position that he was ordered to by by his coach?

I get your point to me Tim Duncan is a C but he's considered the greatest PF ever... I can only shrug my shoulders.