PDA

View Full Version : There is a Portland "Jailblazer" Documentary in the Works

Tony_Starks
04-22-2016, 01:18 PM
Apparently Sheed, Bonzi Wells, and Stoudamire are in on it. It's not a 30 for 30, I guess just a indy project. That squad really captivated a lot of people back then, some loved them and some thought they were the epitome of what was wrong with the NBA.

I can't wait! Even as a hardcore Laker fan I loved that Portland squad, to the extent I would've actually rooted for them in the Finals had they beat us.

Sheed to this day is still my all time best PF on my list.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2016/04/jail_blazers_documentary.html

ewing
04-22-2016, 01:24 PM
I'm offended by the term "jailblazaer"

Tony_Starks
04-22-2016, 01:30 PM
I'm offended by the term "jailblazaer"

You know what that's kinda crazy that they basically publicly labeled them "thugs" and "jail blazers" back then and got away with it. Might as well have called them N-words (with er on the end).

In today's social media era they would get called on that quick....

valade16
04-22-2016, 02:05 PM
We weren't really the 'Jailblazers' when we went to the WCF. It was more the following years when we transitioned to the Sheed, Bonzi, Stoudamire, Ruben Patterson, Shawn Kemp, Derek Anderson, Zach Randolph years. Then we added Darius Miles, Qyntel Woods and Sebastian Telfair to the mix. I think like 02-06 were the worst years.

Tony_Starks
04-22-2016, 03:30 PM
We weren't really the 'Jailblazers' when we went to the WCF. It was more the following years when we transitioned to the Sheed, Bonzi, Stoudamire, Ruben Patterson, Shawn Kemp, Derek Anderson, Zach Randolph years. Then we added Darius Miles, Qyntel Woods and Sebastian Telfair to the mix. I think like 02-06 were the worst years.

I remember them being called Jailblazers when they had Stacey Augmon and JR Rider.

In fairness they were both pretty street to be in the NBA, but I still think the team overall caught a bad rap...

valade16
04-22-2016, 03:35 PM
I remember them being called Jailblazers when they had Stacey Augmon and JR Rider.

In fairness they were both pretty street to be in the NBA, but I still think the team overall caught a bad rap...

The Wikipedia page says 2000-2003 so apparently it started a little earlier than I remember.

TrueFan420
04-22-2016, 08:44 PM
Mighty Mouse!!!!

ewing
04-23-2016, 08:29 AM
Mighty Mouse!!!!

there were a lot fun players on that team

TrueFan420
04-23-2016, 10:02 AM
there were a lot fun players on that team

There were... hell even Scottie Pippen had a cameo on that team

ewing
04-23-2016, 10:34 AM
There were... hell even Scottie Pippen had a cameo on that team

Pip was never a guy I loved watching but he was unique, i think that is what made them fun, not that they were thugs, but that a lot of the guys had a unique game. they weren't all the typical AAU turnout. Bonzi played like a PF, Damon had to invent a ton of shots just to get **** off, Ruban, **** Chris Dudley was even on that team.

TheMightyHumph
04-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Check out "Bonzi Wells releases independent report on Jailblazers'. Amazing.