PDA

View Full Version : Adam Silver: No all-star game in NC with anti-LGBT law

mrblisterdundee
04-21-2016, 10:40 PM
Adam Silver said the NBA all-star game will move if North Carolina's highly controversial bathroom law is still in place (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/adam-silver-if-law-doesnt-change-in-north-carolina-allstar-game-will-be-moved-406134.html).

‘We’ve been, I think, crystal clear a change in the law is necessary for us to play in the kind of environment that we think is appropriate for a celebratory NBA event,” Silver said, via Bleacher Report’s Howard Beck. “But if we did have some time and that if the view of the people who were allied with us in terms of a change, if their view, the people on the ground in North Carolina, was that the situation would best be served by us not setting a deadline, we would not set a deadline at this time.”

mrblisterdundee
04-21-2016, 11:02 PM
It's nice to see so many businesses holding an economic protest against blatant discrimination in North Carolina. If the people there want to stop losing out on stuff, they need to wake up, overcome the religious pressure and force their state into a referendum or some other legislative means to end that law.

Chronz
04-21-2016, 11:06 PM
Has he flip flopped on this before? He was kind of too diplomatic on "the jump" and he's changed his mind on hacking

Saddletramp
04-22-2016, 01:52 AM
Good

gaughan333
04-22-2016, 02:59 AM
"congrats, here's your oakleys"

MonroeFAN
04-22-2016, 07:37 AM
^ I'm gonna wait for further explanation before jumping down your throat.

What do you mean by that comment?

DboneG
04-22-2016, 10:02 AM
The NBA/Adam Silver need to stay out of politics.

What if you had players coming out wearing campaign buttons the week before an election, is that ok?! Adam Silver can political.

What if the Thunder players got together and urged Oklahoma Senate Leader to kill the Pro-Gun Bills....Oh, but, it's ok for Adam Silver to be political.

Something is really strange with the NBA’s current obsession with letting males in the women’s room. Strange brew!

Adam Silver where were you on the confederate flag issue in N.C.?
Adam Silver where were you when black men are being shot/killed by the police in N.C.?

Bottom line: NBA/Adam Silver need to stay out of politics.

basketballkitty
04-22-2016, 11:49 AM
I just find this whole thing a bit Ironic and Hypocritical of Silver and the NBA. I mean they are gonna punish the city, and the Hornets team and ownership from hosting the All Star game for a Law that they had absolutely nothing to do with passing. And yet, just a few years back, in 2012, the NBA had NO PROBLEM holding their All Star game at the " Amway Center " In Orlando with an ownership of the Devoss family, headed by Rich Devoss, who has a WELL DOCUMENTED History of outright disgust and hatred for the LGBT community, and has a recorded HISTORY of giving millions upon millions of dollars to grass root organizations to prevent Gay marriage, and other Anti-Gay/transgender rights...Devoss himself has even said he was against Homosexuals being allowed to be teachers!!

And yet...I don't seem to remember the league...OR Silver or David Stern doing a God Darn thing. I don't know, seems rather Hypocritical to me.

Tony_Starks
04-22-2016, 12:06 PM
Typical politics as usual.

Pretty lame but whatever, it's all about the Tubmans!

Vinylman
04-22-2016, 12:41 PM
Silver Jews were an awesome band

fixed

gaughan333
04-22-2016, 02:15 PM
I just find this whole thing a bit Ironic and Hypocritical of Silver and the NBA. I mean they are gonna punish the city, and the Hornets team and ownership from hosting the All Star game for a Law that they had absolutely nothing to do with passing. And yet, just a few years back, in 2012, the NBA had NO PROBLEM holding their All Star game at the " Amway Center " In Orlando with an ownership of the Devoss family, headed by Rich Devoss, who has a WELL DOCUMENTED History of outright disgust and hatred for the LGBT community, and has a recorded HISTORY of giving millions upon millions of dollars to grass root organizations to prevent Gay marriage, and other Anti-Gay/transgender rights...Devoss himself has even said he was against Homosexuals being allowed to be teachers!!

And yet...I don't seem to remember the league...OR Silver or David Stern doing a God Darn thing. I don't know, seems rather Hypocritical to me.

That was before being a SJW was cool

G_S_W
04-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Now DJ can just put on his wig and dress and enter the women's bathroom in any arena in the NBA.

mrblisterdundee
04-22-2016, 05:50 PM

What if you had players coming out wearing campaign buttons the week before an election, is that ok?! Adam Silver can political.

What if the Thunder players got together and urged Oklahoma Senate Leader to kill the Pro-Gun Bills....Oh, but, it's ok for Adam Silver to be political.

Something is really strange with the NBA’s current obsession with letting males in the women’s room. Strange brew!

Adam Silver where were you when black men are being shot/killed by the police in N.C.?

This isn't about politics. It's about human rights.

kobe4thewinbang
04-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Yeah, when I have kids, if I see a rainbow man entering the bathroom after my daughter goes in, it's on like Ron Artest vs Fans. I understand that "most gays" are non-violent, but just wait: there will be an attack by a pedophile/rapist masquerading as a cross-dressing man or a first time sex offender unable to handle it. The bathroom is a physical venue. You leave your emotions and mind at the door. If you have a penis, use some common sense. I wouldn't want a "manly" chick around my little boy either. This fight is so stupid. Why not just let the Texas Strangler take a leak with the gals while we're at it? I should be able to go see ladies do their business too. Good luck having an All-Star game in Texas again.

mrblisterdundee
04-22-2016, 05:53 PM

That's one dude being discriminatory. If he had tried to enforce his personal discrimination, he could be sued. North Carolina, on the other hand, has codified discrimination in state law.

kobe4thewinbang
04-22-2016, 05:55 PM
This isn't about politics. It's about human rights.So gay boys at school should be able to go into the girl's locker room, i.e. every straight boy's dream?

mrblisterdundee
04-22-2016, 05:56 PM
Yeah, when I have kids, if I see a rainbow man entering the bathroom after my daughter goes in, it's on like Ron Artest vs Fans. I understand that "most gays" are non-violent, but just wait: there will be an attack by a pedophile/rapist masquerading as a cross-dressing man or a first time sex offender unable to handle it. The bathroom is a physical venue. You leave your emotions and mind at the door. If you have a penis, use some common sense. I wouldn't want a "manly" chick around my little boy either. This fight is so stupid. Why not just let the Texas Strangler take a leak with the gals while we're at it? I should be able to go see ladies do their business too. Good luck having an All-Star game in Texas again.

Never mind there is no evidence whatsoever of what you're worrying about. Just let your irrational fear take control, or compare trans people to serial killers — really smart.

mrblisterdundee
04-22-2016, 05:58 PM
So gay boys at school should be able to go into the girl's locker room, i.e. every straight boy's dream?

Nobody's talking about gay men using the girls' bathroom. They're talking about someone who maybe used to be male or female, but has gone through a massive shift in their identity, and possible surgical reconstruction, getting to use the bathroom that fits their identified sex. People don't go through that massive of a life change to sneak into the girls bathroom.

Saddletramp
04-22-2016, 06:24 PM

Wasn't the flag situation in South Carolina? Where the NBA has no presence? And if the NBA has to move stuff from states where black men are shot/killed by police then I'm not sure they'll find anywhere to put it.

chi-townlove1
04-22-2016, 06:24 PM
Some people saying that people need to stop caving to religious pressure and open their doors to freaks. Unreal. How about you stop caving to "politically correct" pressure. How about you stop caving to the liberal media.

See I can say it too. Don't act all high and mighty people. Silver and the NBA could probably give a flying **** about whether transsexuals can use the opposite bathroom. But because the liberal media pressure big businesses, then big businesses pressure sports to abide by these politically correct rules - everyone has become pussified. You were born a man, use the male restroom. The end.

Tony_Starks
04-22-2016, 07:05 PM
Some people saying that people need to stop caving to religious pressure and open their doors to freaks. Unreal. How about you stop caving to "politically correct" pressure. How about you stop caving to the liberal media.

See I can say it too. Don't act all high and mighty people. Silver and the NBA could probably give a flying **** about whether transsexuals can use the opposite bathroom. But because the liberal media pressure big businesses, then big businesses pressure sports to abide by these politically correct rules - everyone has become pussified. You were born a man, use the male restroom. The end.

You see through the matrix.

You're in the minority tho

GoferKing_
04-22-2016, 08:03 PM

I agree.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Nobody's talking about gay men using the girls' bathroom. They're talking about someone who maybe used to be male or female, but has gone through a massive shift in their identity, and possible surgical reconstruction, getting to use the bathroom that fits their identified sex. People don't go through that massive of a life change to sneak into the girls bathroom.

So is the government gonna set up a Bathroom Security Administration and have "BSA" agents standing outside public bathrooms to determine if a tranny has gone through a "massive life change" and decide if that person should be allowed to go in?

Because last I checked public bathrooms are open for anyone to go in, and a sex offender with sinister intentions can easily dress up as a tranny who's gone through a "massive life change" and go in and commit a crime.

gaughan333
04-22-2016, 09:21 PM
That's one dude being discriminatory. If he had tried to enforce his personal discrimination, he could be sued. North Carolina, on the other hand, has codified discrimination in state law.

except whether or not you want to call it discrimination is a matter of opinion. Whether or not you identify as X, your body is physically whatever it is. It's a tricky situation and one that basketball should probably stay the **** out of

gaughan333
04-22-2016, 09:23 PM

Um, no, they're not. All you'd have to say is that you identify as a female to use the women's bathroom. This is exactly what was at issue with the passing of this NC law.

Kush McDaniels
04-22-2016, 09:33 PM

you're a ****ing moron.

kobe4thewinbang
04-23-2016, 01:16 AM
Nobody's talking about gay men using the girls' bathroom. They're talking about someone who maybe used to be male or female, but has gone through a massive shift in their identity, and possible surgical reconstruction, getting to use the bathroom that fits their identified sex. People don't go through that massive of a life change to sneak into the girls bathroom.And you're supposed to be able to see through their clothes? How can you tell one apart from the other? That is the problem with this idea.

kobe4thewinbang
04-23-2016, 01:16 AM
you're a ****ing moron.And you're a scholar, my friend.

kobe4thewinbang
04-23-2016, 01:22 AM
So is the government gonna set up a Bathroom Security Administration and have "BSA" agents standing outside public bathrooms to determine if a tranny has gone through a "massive life change" and decide if that person should be allowed to go in?

Because last I checked public bathrooms are open for anyone to go in, and a sex offender with sinister intentions can easily dress up as a tranny who's gone through a "massive life change" and go in and commit a crime.My issue with this idea:

1) I see a 40 year old man beginning to enter the women's restroom at the store.

2) They realize the error of getting bathrooms mixed up, or I tell them "wrong bathroom."

3) But now we're supposed to think it's fine and not speak up, and then he molests someone or otherwise causes an incident.

Sure, it's "fear-mongering" but watch: it'll happen. There are creepy folks out there. That's why there are separate bathrooms in the first place. Has anyone seen "Boys Don't Cry"? Spoiler alert: Guys find out fake guy is really a girl and they rape her. That's why women don't go into men's restrooms because there are some creepy guys out there, and that's why guys aren't allowed to enter women's bathrooms without someone speaking up about it.

What's stopping a 'girl that thinks they're a boy' from being hurt in the men's restroom? If you leave your car unlocked in a sketchy neighborhood, it'll likely be tampered with. If you lock it, a mug might smash in the window anyway, but which is a more effective deterrent: Having separate bathrooms for physical genders or throwing caution to the wind?

Yes, sex offenders act regardless of the laws, but why make it easier for them? Doesn't that send a negative message? Leaving meat hanging to the animals? Why, so transgenders can feel more comfortable in a public space? And how is this supposed to work? Gonna cost more money to put urinals in women's restrooms and more toilets in the men's!

Jamiecballer
04-23-2016, 02:49 PM

Silver wasn't commish then ... so yeah.

Jamiecballer
04-23-2016, 02:53 PM
except whether or not you want to call it discrimination is a matter of opinion. Whether or not you identify as X, your body is physically whatever it is. It's a tricky situation and one that basketball should probably stay the **** out of

i don't agree with the suggestion that basketball isn't staying out of it. they are simply saying we don't like your law so we will go elsewhere. a perfectly reasonable right and choice.

basch152
04-23-2016, 03:04 PM
My issue with this idea:

1) I see a 40 year old man beginning to enter the women's restroom at the store.

2) They realize the error of getting bathrooms mixed up, or I tell them "wrong bathroom."

3) But now we're supposed to think it's fine and not speak up, and then he molests someone or otherwise causes an incident.

Sure, it's "fear-mongering" but watch: it'll happen. There are creepy folks out there. That's why there are separate bathrooms in the first place. Has anyone seen "Boys Don't Cry"? Spoiler alert: Guys find out fake guy is really a girl and they rape her. That's why women don't go into men's restrooms because there are some creepy guys out there, and that's why guys aren't allowed to enter women's bathrooms without someone speaking up about it.

What's stopping a 'girl that thinks they're a boy' from being hurt in the men's restroom? If you leave your car unlocked in a sketchy neighborhood, it'll likely be tampered with. If you lock it, a mug might smash in the window anyway, but which is a more effective deterrent: Having separate bathrooms for physical genders or throwing caution to the wind?

Yes, sex offenders act regardless of the laws, but why make it easier for them? Doesn't that send a negative message? Leaving meat hanging to the animals? Why, so transgenders can feel more comfortable in a public space? And how is this supposed to work? Gonna cost more money to put urinals in women's restrooms and more toilets in the men's!

And what of all the 200 pound bodybuilding men that have to use the womens bathroom/locker room because of this law? People who try to make this argument are ignorant at best.

This law isn't going to stop some sex offenser from anything. Period. It's just another discrimination bill, just like every other bill they try to pass that is thinly veiled as religious freedom.

But it's so obvious that these people are just bigots hiding behind religion.

Why is this obvious you ask?

Because of all the **** in the bible that it forbids, they focus so much on JUST the gay thing.

You know the bible says thr EXACT samr thing about eating shellfish as it says about two men lying together?

Where are the efforts to ban red lobsters? Wherw are the jesus freaks boycotting surf n turf? Oh wait, they're inside eating the shellfish themselves, because that's something they themselves enjoy, so they'll just ignore that part of the bible.

It's patheticly thinly veiled bigotry at it's finest.

DboneG
04-23-2016, 03:19 PM
Wasn't the flag situation in South Carolina? Where the NBA has no presence? And if the NBA has to move stuff from states where black men are shot/killed by police then I'm not sure they'll find anywhere to put it.

North Carolina also...

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/north-carolina/515ab3ce78c90a5be9000033

http://time.com/3981442/confederate-flag-rally-in-georgia/

http://wncn.com/2016/01/19/confederate-flag-flies-over-nc-capitol-but-not-on-lees-birthday/

You are missing the point. The point I was making was that: Adam Silver should stick to basketball and stay away from hot political issues. He didn't take issue to any of the topics I mentioned, but, he took up the anti-LGBT issue...Strange Brew.

tp13baby
04-23-2016, 03:27 PM
And what of all the 200 pound bodybuilding men that have to use the womens bathroom/locker room because of this law? People who try to make this argument are ignorant at best.

This law isn't going to stop some sex offenser from anything. Period. It's just another discrimination bill, just like every other bill they try to pass that is thinly veiled as religious freedom.

Because of all the **** in the bible that it forbids, they focus so much on JUST the gay thing.

You know the bible says thr EXACT samr thing about eating shellfish as it says about two men lying together?

Where are the efforts to ban red lobsters? Wherw are the jesus freaks boycotting surf n turf? Oh wait, they're inside eating the shellfish themselves, because that's something they themselves enjoy, so they'll just ignore that part of the bible.

I definitely agree with this bolded part. This law is more about religion then it is about sex offenders.

Sex offenders will do whatever they can to satisfy themselves. Lets not pretend that a law is going to prevent someone from breaking another law. A sex offender will get what he wants regardless of and Anti LGBT law.

Saddletramp
04-23-2016, 08:59 PM
North Carolina also...

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/north-carolina/515ab3ce78c90a5be9000033

http://time.com/3981442/confederate-flag-rally-in-georgia/

http://wncn.com/2016/01/19/confederate-flag-flies-over-nc-capitol-but-not-on-lees-birthday/

You are missing the point. The point I was making was that: Adam Silver should stick to basketball and stay away from hot political issues. He didn't take issue to any of the topics I mentioned, but, he took up the anti-LGBT issue...Strange Brew.

Honestly, I was just going to concede the point as I don't really think it correlates to the restroom situation but I clicked the links anyway.
Link #1: Not going to watch a 30 minute video right now. Give me the gist.
Link #2: Can't stop a peaceful rally, and why should you? Stupid link.
Link #3: Flying a flag for a day a year to commemorate his birthday is not equal to this bathroom bill law. Of course the NBA or recording artists or whomever aren't going to change things based on a group doing that for one day a year. Not a stupid link like the second one, but not really on the same level, either.

DboneG
04-24-2016, 08:51 AM
Honestly, I was just going to concede the point as I don't really think it correlates to the restroom situation but I clicked the links anyway.
Link #1: Not going to watch a 30 minute video right now. Give me the gist.
Link #2: Can't stop a peaceful rally, and why should you? Stupid link.
Link #3: Flying a flag for a day a year to commemorate his birthday is not equal to this bathroom bill law. Of course the NBA or recording artists or whomever aren't going to change things based on a group doing that for one day a year. Not a stupid link like the second one, but not really on the same level, either.

Flying a confederate flag on the State Capital grounds even for ONE day is wrong. Maybe, you don't know what type of pain people go through when that flag is raised. Again, you missed the point. If people can talk about a flag in North Carolina for 30 min. make a video and put it on the internet, it must be a problem. It's a political issue...That's the point. All three links were in reference to the confederate flag in North Carolina...not South Carolina. Native Americans have spent years and years fighting the change the hateful logo of the Braves and the Redskins, also fighting to change the 20 dollar bill for years and years now. Did Adam Silver take up this issue? There are TONS of hot bed political issues in this country. I just named a few off the top of my head.

MY POINT.
Adam Silver should stick to basketball and stay away from hot political issues. He didn't take issue to any of the topics I mentioned, but, he took up the anti-LGBT issue...Strange Brew for sure.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 11:10 AM
This is what's wrong with society.. It's okay if you're gay, trans, or whatever the hell it is these days you want to be called. But the moment you violate the rights of OTHER people, that is not okay. I love how gays/trans try to act like they are the ones being victimized when a father of a ten year old daughter has to worry about whether or not some impostor tranny will be coming to that bathroom. It's sick. Again, I am not blaming the gay/trans at all but they need to understand the complications of this. People have daughters here and if even one child gets into a mess because of this, it's on the gay/trans. Just make a frickin bathroom for them. People need to stop being politically correct here. You're a trans, go to the trans bathroom. I don't want to see a masculine dude with a wig and lipstick on around any teenage girl.

Redrum187
04-24-2016, 12:03 PM
I remember as a kid I'd use the women's restroom because the men's stalls were filled. It was painful to hold it in and wait patiently for people to finish their business so that I could unload.

If there is ever an emergency like that again, I'm going to take a big ole dump in the women's restroom. No point in holding it in and risk getting colon cancer.

basch152
04-24-2016, 12:52 PM
This is what's wrong with society.. It's okay if you're gay, trans, or whatever the hell it is these days you want to be called. But the moment you violate the rights of OTHER people, that is not okay. I love how gays/trans try to act like they are the ones being victimized when a father of a ten year old daughter has to worry about whether or not some impostor tranny will be coming to that bathroom. It's sick. Again, I am not blaming the gay/trans at all but they need to understand the complications of this. People have daughters here and if even one child gets into a mess because of this, it's on the gay/trans. Just make a frickin bathroom for them. People need to stop being politically correct here. You're a trans, go to the trans bathroom. I don't want to see a masculine dude with a wig and lipstick on around any teenage girl.

Are you trolling or really this brainwashed?

For the last 10 years, several states have had transgender protection for restrooms in place, in over 10 years of collecting data, NOTHING, i repeat, NOTHING pointed to this causing more rape.

If someone wants to rape someone, this law is not going to do ANYTHING to prevent it.

Did you know 99% of rapists are male, not transexual, just male.

Meanwhile, 0%, ZERO, of all reported rapes are by a teansgendered woman in a restroom.

This law punishes the innocent while doing NOTHING to stop rapists.

And politicians know this.

It's a VERY thinly veiled discrimination bill.

valade16
04-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Does anyone have any actual data or examples of a man pretending to be a woman going into the woman's bathroom and raping or sexually assaulting them?

Because it seems to me the Dad's who worry about their daughter getting raped in that situation should start to worry about things that are more likely, like their daughter being a victim of gun violence.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 02:30 PM
Lol @ you guys trying to justify this as if this isn't a concern at all for a parent. Keep your liberalism ideas out of this forum. At the end of the day, if even one child is a victim, then this is a travesty. Plus, your statistics don't even involve the INVASION OF PRIVACY. You don't have to "rape" them. If I'm a father, I would be concerned about my ten year old daughter going to the bathroom while someone posing as a transgender is there as well. Call it what you want but if you are okay with your daughter being in such a setting, go for it. As for Valade, gun violence in what criteria? Guns don't go around killing people. Also, one wrong doesn't make another less wrong.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/sexual-predator-jailed-after-claiming-to-be-transgender-in-order-to-assault

But yes, let's just brush away those who are concerned so the minority can be treated equally. Build a unisex bathroom. Simple as that.

5ass
04-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Does anyone have any actual data or examples of a man pretending to be a woman going into the woman's bathroom and raping or sexually assaulting them?

Because it seems to me the Dad's who worry about their daughter getting raped in that situation should start to worry about things that are more likely, like their daughter being a victim of gun violence.

do you really need data to understand how it puts girls at risk? can we not use common sense? it is a fact that males would have easier access to the womens' bathroom. that is including male rapists.

gun violence is a completely separate issue that has nothing to do with this.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Are you trolling or really this brainwashed?

For the last 10 years, several states have had transgender protection for restrooms in place, in over 10 years of collecting data, NOTHING, i repeat, NOTHING pointed to this causing more rape.

If someone wants to rape someone, this law is not going to do ANYTHING to prevent it.

Did you know 99% of rapists are male, not transexual, just male.

Meanwhile, 0%, ZERO, of all reported rapes are by a teansgendered woman in a restroom.

This law punishes the innocent while doing NOTHING to stop rapists.

And politicians know this.

It's a VERY thinly veiled discrimination bill.

It's also an invasion of privacy, sir. I can go into a bathroom, claim I'm a transgender, and legally, still be protected. Males should never be in a female bathroom and that is FINAL. Quit calling people a troll when my post is of legal concern. You have a knack for calling people a troll because you think it makes you reputable, huh?

BTW, did you know that "transexuals" can be males? Sorry if that is breaking news to you.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 02:39 PM
do you really need data to understand how it puts girls at risk? can we not use common sense? it is a fact that males would have easier access to the womens' bathroom. that is including male rapists.

I don't know if any of them have children or not but they clearly don't care. Any parent would be concerned about this in the slightest. This isn't about making it equal for everyone -- you can't. So what do you think is fair? To stuff them into a bathroom where they are most comfortable? Oh gee, I'm a 50 year old perv who has never been with a female. A ten year old girl walks into the bathroom. Let me put my wig on and pretend I'm going to fix my makeup.. Yup, nothing wrong with that. Yes, rapists are going to rape regardless of the law but do you want to be spied on in the bathroom by someone who is only there to spy on others? Because I can guarantee there will be occurrences of such events. People are sick out there.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-24-2016, 02:42 PM

Totally agree with the picking and choosing of bible rules. I hope the same people that condemn gays or trans to Hell condemn their fat spouses, children, parents, and friends to hell as well for breaking the rule of gluttony.

I am not religious. But from what I know of the Christian bible is that Jesus preached nothing but loving others, helping the poor, and non violence. The old Testament is the the book with references to gays, gluttony, eye for an eye, etc. That is the Jewish book. A true Christian would not hate others because their leader preached the absolute opposite and never condemed a gay once according to their writings. But for some reason it seems a lot of Chritians claim Jesus Christ as their lord and savior but gloss over his teachings to go back to the old rules written before he ever existed

valade16
04-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Lol @ you guys trying to justify this as if this isn't a concern at all for a parent. Keep your liberalism ideas out of this forum. At the end of the day, if even one child is a victim, then this is a travesty. Plus, your statistics don't even involve the INVASION OF PRIVACY. You don't have to "rape" them. If I'm a father, I would be concerned about my ten year old daughter going to the bathroom while someone posing as a transgender is there as well. Call it what you want but if you are okay with your daughter being in such a setting, go for it. As for Valade, gun violence in what criteria? Guns don't go around killing people. Also, one wrong doesn't make another less wrong.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/sexual-predator-jailed-after-claiming-to-be-transgender-in-order-to-assault

But yes, let's just brush away those who are concerned so the minority can be treated equally. Build a unisex bathroom. Simple as that.

First Bolded, If even one child is a victim. I'm saying show me the child.

Your article is littered with flaws. First, it was in Canada not the US, second it was a woman's shelter and not a bathroom, third it wasn't children and fourth this person had been caught and convicted for sexual assault before the law was enacted. He was sexually assaulting women before and after the law and the law did not make it any easier for him to do so.

Second Bolded: Yes, guns don't go around killing people but men will go around pretending to be women to rape women. And despite that intent guns affect more people than these cross dressing sexual predators do by a WIDE margin.

So yes, I will brush away bigots. I will brush them to the dustbin of history where they will eventually fall.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 02:44 PM
http://www.newsfoxes.com/2016/04/it-begins-transgender-pervert-caught-doing-sickening-things-to-little-girls-in-womens-restroom/#

Nothing wrong with it.. it's all A-OKAY! Just wait till you have a daughter and put her in a position where she may have a traumatized life situation!

valade16
04-24-2016, 02:48 PM

Yes we do need data because all top often supposed common sense is wrong.

And this is a great example: These laws are outlawing access to bathrooms, they are not allowing it. Currently people go into whatever bathroom they identify as. So given that this is already happening, surely if it was common sense that it would put women at risk you could actually prove that.

So I ask, can anyone prove that?

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 02:48 PM
First Bolded, If even one child is a victim. I'm saying show me the child.

Your article is littered with flaws. First, it was in Canada not the US, second it was a woman's shelter and not a bathroom, third it wasn't children and fourth this person had been caught and convicted for sexual assault before the law was enacted. He was sexually assaulting women before and after the law and the law did not make it any easier for him to do so.

Second Bolded: Yes, guns don't go around killing people but men will go around pretending to be women to rape women. And despite that intent guns affect more people than these cross dressing sexual predators do by a WIDE margin.

So yes, I will brush away bigots. I will brush them to the dustbin of history where they will eventually fall.

Lol, I love how you nitpick the story. That's not how it happened. He SNUCK into a woman's shelter by posing as a woman. Thus, he would not have had access to those woman if not for being a "transgender." Does it matter where it is? People are people.

You're telling me to show you the child? Buddy, you know how many children don't report incidents of sexual abuse?

Guns don't kill people, pal. I'm questioning if you are a transgender or not because it doesn't take a genius to see that this violates the privacy of a female. Point blank. And if you think it's okay to ignore one issue because there is a bigger issue, then we might as well ignore everything from this point forward.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-24-2016, 02:50 PM
As far as the rule goes. A Pedophile could dress up as a woman and wig in any state and go into a girls restroom and slide right under a stall to perform of rape at any time. No law for or against can stop them.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 02:52 PM
Yes we do need data because all top often supposed common sense is wrong.

And this is a great example: These laws are outlawing access to bathrooms, they are not allowing it. Currently people go into whatever bathroom they identify as. So given that this is already happening, surely if it was common sense that it would put women at risk you could actually prove that.

So I ask, can anyone prove that?

This isn't BBREF, pal. Common sense tells you that. I don't need to prove anything to you. The sheer thought of a man posing as a transgender and coming to a female bathroom is a scary enough thought. If you're fine with that, go ahead and advocate for it. Can you prove there are children who are not being victimized because of this? Can you prove a child has not been assaulted? Do you know what unphysical sexual abuse is? Do you know what voyeurism means? Think outside the box, please.

valade16
04-24-2016, 02:53 PM
http://www.newsfoxes.com/2016/04/it-begins-transgender-pervert-caught-doing-sickening-things-to-little-girls-in-womens-restroom/#

Nothing wrong with it.. it's all A-OKAY! Just wait till you have a daughter and put her in a position where she may have a traumatized life situation!

http://www.snopes.com/transgender-filming-women-restroom/

In short, that story is full of ****. Mostly False

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 02:55 PM
Actually, Valade, you've proven my point here. You've chosen to ignore any arguments toward this "anti-LGBT" law by stating that they should be more focused on gun violence instead. You didn't have to mention guns at all. This has nothing to do with guns and more of you trying to steer attention from the fundamental and legitimate concern regarding the privacy of females. If this is to help the LGBT community, then this is Anti-Females. Pick one.

valade16
04-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Actually, Valade, you've proven my point here. You've chosen to ignore any arguments toward this "anti-LGBT" law by stating that they should be more focused on gun violence instead. You didn't have to mention guns at all. This has nothing to do with guns and more of you trying to steer attention from the fundamental and legitimate concern regarding the privacy of females. If this is to help the LGBT community, then this is Anti-Females. Pick one.

My intent was not to steer attention to guns.

You could re-read my statement as:

Dads should focus on protecting their daughters from something far more likely, like being struck by lightning because it is equally as valid a point.

But I suppose I am the only person proving a point in this thread since I showed your evidence is completely full of ****.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 02:59 PM
http://www.snopes.com/transgender-filming-women-restroom/

In short, that story is full of ****. Mostly False

See? This is the type of ******** you do by thinking everything can be explained via the internet. What happened was this individual can walk into the bathroom and not even be worried about any legal concern. Maybe this man does not go into that bathroom if there is a law barring transgenders from going to the bathroom. You ever think about that or are you just going to come up with more BS numbers like their PER and WS?

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 03:00 PM
My intent was not to steer attention to guns.

Dads should focus on protecting their daughters from something far more likely, like being struck by lightning because it is equally as valid a point.

But I suppose I am the only person proving a point in this thread since I showed your evidence is completely full of ****.

Your intent is to ignore a situation because there is a bigger situation.

That's like saying police brutality does not matter because blacks are killing blacks at a higher rate. It DOES matter. It might be the minority but that doesn't make it okay.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 03:02 PM
Valade, serious question, do you have a daughter? Would you trust that daughter in the bathroom alone and wouldn't bat an eye if a 6'2 transgender man walks inside? If you do, have a nice day. I don't believe it. You can fight for all you want but this 100% violates the privacy of a woman. Let's give males the right to enter a bathroom and hawk every girl that is changing, fixing their bra, adjusting their dress, etc.

valade16
04-24-2016, 03:03 PM
See? This is the type of ******** you do by thinking everything can be explained via the internet. What happened was this individual can walk into the bathroom and not even be worried about any legal concern. Maybe this man does not go into that bathroom if there is a law barring transgenders from going to the bathroom. You ever think about that or are you just going to come up with more BS numbers like their PER and WS?

First, I didn't ask for internet, I asked for facts, you resorted to the internet and cited an article that was BS.

Second, considering what he was doing (filming) was illegal to begin with, I'm guessing he would have done it anyway.

What happened to the logic that "criminals don't obey laws and will break them anyway"?

Keep insulting me and mocking me because I demand proof, it really shows your thinking.

valade16
04-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Valade, serious question, do you have a daughter? Would you trust that daughter in the bathroom alone and wouldn't bat an eye if a 6'2 transgender man walks inside? If you do, have a nice day. I don't believe it. You can fight for all you want but this 100% violates the privacy of a woman. Let's give males the right to enter a bathroom and hawk every girl that is changing, fixing their bra, adjusting their dress, etc.

Do you have a daughter?

And to answer the question, no. I have a son. And I'm not afraid of him being ogled or sexually assaulted when entering a bathroom (something that does happen to young boys by the way). I'm not even worried he'll be assaulted when he goes to Catholic church, something I should be far more fearful of considering how often that happens.

If I had a daughter I would be fearful of a lot of things and of men taking advantage of her and assaulting her. But in a bathroom by a transsexual person would be far behind by every other male in virtually any other situation in terms of what I'm afraid of.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 03:12 PM
First, I didn't ask for internet, I asked for facts, you resorted to the internet and cited an article that was BS.

Second, considering what he was doing (filming) was illegal to begin with, I'm guessing he would have done it anyway.

What happened to the logic that "criminals don't obey laws and will break them anyway"?

Keep insulting me and mocking me because I demand proof, it really shows your thinking.

Insulting you? Oh, let's make that a discriminatory law then! Where did I insult you. Detail it, stamp it, and I will send you $1000 your way.

1) You asked for facts, huh? Can you send me data that children who were victims of unsexual abuse and had reported it? Do you know the data regarding children who don't report sexual abuse because of transgenders in the bathroom? Can you? If not, please don't use data that doesn't answer those questions.
2) That's not the point. He posed as a transgender and thus, no one bats an eye. It was because he decided to film that it became illegal. However, there is no point of entry if there is no transgender act being used. Do you not understand how this works? If he was not caught, would it have been okay for him to do this? Actually, you wouldn't even know about this story.. and it certainly wouldn't show up in your "data" that you somehow want us to find for you. Let me make this simple for you: No transgenders = no point of entry for males = chances of illegal recording is limited. Does that break it down for you? Or am I insulting you now?

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Do you have a daughter?

And to answer the question, no. I have a son. And I'm not afraid of him being ogled or sexually assaulted when entering a bathroom (something that does happen to young boys by the way). I'm not even worried he'll be assaulted when he goes to Catholic church, something I should be far more fearful of considering how often that happens.

If I had a daughter I would be fearful of a lot of things and of men taking advantage of her and assaulting her. But in a bathroom by a transsexual person would be far behind by every other male in virtually any other situation in terms of what I'm afraid of.

So you just acknowledge that you would be afraid of it somewhat? And boys do get molested but girls are far more prone to it. But hey, according to you... girls are more prone to it and thus, your son is the minority = WHO CARES? Just like your argument of: guns kill more people and it is a bigger issue, who cares if dads are afraid if their daughters might be victimized!

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 03:18 PM
Btw, Valade, would it be out of the ordinary to assume these transgender males could be out there just to look? Therefore, they are within their legal right to be in that bathroom and as long as they aren't physically assaulting anyone, they can watch other females change, use the bathroom? Is that okay with you? If you had a daughter, can I come to the bathroom and stare at her? I mean, you did say it was okay.

valade16
04-24-2016, 03:21 PM
So you just acknowledge that you would be afraid of it somewhat? And boys do get molested but girls are far more prone to it. But hey, according to you... girls are more prone to it and thus, your son is the minority = WHO CARES? Just like your argument of: guns kill more people and it is a bigger issue, who cares if dads are afraid if their daughters might be victimized!

Who said that? I do care very much about girls being molested and I think we need to do all we can to prevent them from being molested. But molested specifically by transgendered people in women's bathrooms? Since you've not proven that actually happens I don't think we should focus on that area with all this energy because a few bigots are scared.

Can I prove a negative? Sorry, that's not how it works. You are claiming it happens, the onus is on you to prove that. Remember: Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Also, do you have a daughter? You never answered?

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Who said that? I do care very much about girls being molested and I think we need to do all we can to prevent them from being molested. But molested specifically by transgendered people in women's bathrooms? Since you've not proven that actually happens I don't think we should focus on that area with all this energy because a few bigots are scared.

Can I prove a negative? Sorry, that's not how it works. You are claiming it happens, the onus is on you to prove that. Remember: Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Also, do you have a daughter? You never answered?

1) So can you find where I insulted you? Don't play the victim when there was no insults being thrown. That's mental weakness from your part.
2) You said that fathers should be more aware of gun violence. No one mentioned that and it's rather a silly point to bring up. Thus, you are basically implying that people shouldn't worry about the small issues but the bigger issue(s). Why did you mention gun violence in here if that wasn't your point?

Here is what you said:

"Dads should focus on protecting their daughters from something far more likely, like being struck by lightning because it is equally as valid a point."

Dads should "focus" on protecting their daughters from something far more likely? Oh, so dads shouldn't focus on whether or not their daughter can be victimized in a bathroom by a man posing as a female? What's your argument, please.

3) My point is that it violates the rights of a female. Having a male there is not ideal in any situation. That's a FACT. I don't need statistics to show that. Common sense proves that. 100 females stuck on an island, the chances of sexual abuse would be low. 50 males and 50 females stuck on an island, chances of sexual abuse is much higher. Again, please don't interpret sexual abuse simply as any physical contact. It is sexual abuse if a woman is being used under voyeurism as well. It is also sexual abuse if a transgender man takes a piss and exposes his genitals. That can ALSO happen. That's not OKAY.

I don't have a daughter and if I did, you can be rest assured I would not be in North Carolina.

valade16
04-24-2016, 03:36 PM
1). It doesn't take a genius to see was supposed to be a compliment then? Or how about saying I'll come up with "another BS stats like WS or PER". I suppose you didn't mean that as an insult as well.

But you've misunderstood my point, I'm not offended or hurt by your insults, at all. I was showing how when you are faced with demands for evidence and facts you deflect and insult.

2). I'm not saying people shouldn't worry about lesser problems. I'm saying people shouldn't worry about non-existent problems.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 03:44 PM
1). It doesn't take a genius to see was supposed to be a compliment then? Or how about saying I'll come up with "another BS stats like WS or PER". I suppose you didn't mean that as an insult as well.

But you've misunderstood my point, I'm not offended or hurt by your insults, at all. I was showing how when you are faced with demands for evidence and facts you deflect and insult.

2). I'm not saying people shouldn't worry about lesser problems. I'm saying people shouldn't worry about non-existent problems.

1) I'm sorry if you felt that was an insult. It wasn't meant to emotionally offend you. Just stating that this isn't a situation that can be argued via statistically but morally. Basketball stats are easy to keep track because it is numerical. But numerical evidence doesn't mean a thing if it can be manipulated or unreported. You are offended.. or else you wouldn't have taken it as an insult. You've most likely assumed I am insulting your way of explaining things. You're demanding evidence that I don't have and neither do you, for that matter. I asked you for evidence too, where is it? Do you have evidence that zero females have been a victim because of this?

2) Non-existent? Can you prove that? You said pretty confidently that there are absolutely zero incidents. I will be waiting for a reply back with a full list of evidence. Thank you.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 03:54 PM
I'm actually done with this thread. I think we have our minds set on the situation at hand. All I will say is that if I am a father (I don't have a daughter so this is simply a question of morals right now), I will not be comfortable with my daughter being there with a transgender male or any male for that matter. 320 million people live in America. 10 million live in NC. There are loonies out there. A father should have the right to be concerned of the welfare of his daughter. A mother should be concerned of her privacy. They have rights too.

@Valade, if you felt I insulted you in any way, just know it wasn't meant to be an insult but since you do a great job in using basketball statistics in your basketball arguments, I felt it was a statement to assert that you can't use those same criteria for a completely different issue. I don't have statistics or evidence to prove this to you other than that me, as a man, is not comfortable with a female being alone with a man in a bathroom (unless they both consent to it of course).

valade16
04-24-2016, 04:03 PM
You are right, neither of us is going to change the other's mind and issues this political become very heated very quickly. I'll agree to cease the back and forth.

Thanks for elaborating on your point about the WS and PER maturely (something I still struggle to do). Since this is the NBA forum, I'll stick to discussing basketball.

HoodedSB
04-24-2016, 05:52 PM

What the hell do gays have to do with your rant about girls bathrooms?

basketballkitty
04-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Okay now, that's enough of this back & forth serious stuff...now, for the comedy portion of our show....I bring something lighter for you all, instead of this constant beating up of the poor transgender people. I mean enough is enough. Now...on to our show!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMkcBctE7c

Saddletramp
04-24-2016, 10:23 PM
I think Flashbolt is in favor of these kind of laws because he doesn't trust himself......

If you had a daughter, can I come to the bathroom and stare at her? I mean, you did say it was okay.

But seriously, much like guns don't kill people, people kill people and transgender people don't rape people, rapists rape people. Until there's a bouncer checking ID's in every bathroom, a rapist will do what a rapist will do and I doubt any law will stop them.

FlashBolt
04-24-2016, 10:30 PM
I think Flashbolt is in favor of these kind of laws because he doesn't trust himself......

But seriously, much like guns don't kill people, people kill people and transgender people don't rape people, rapists rape people. Until there's a bouncer checking ID's in every bathroom, a rapist will do what a rapist will do and I doubt any law will stop them.

I think Saddle doesn't make any sense at all. A transgender can be a rapist because they are people.. guns are not people. I have no idea what kind of analogy that is. People kill people, people rape people. Unless you're suggesting transgender people aren't people...? I don't get it. No one is saying anything about enacting a law to stop rapists..

Saddletramp
04-24-2016, 10:51 PM
I think Saddle doesn't make any sense at all. A transgender can be a rapist because they are people.. guns are not people. I have no idea what kind of analogy that is. People kill people, people rape people. Unless you're suggesting transgender people aren't people...? I don't get it. No one is saying anything about enacting a law to stop rapists..

What I'm saying is is a rapist is going to be a rapist no matter what. If they dress like a woman or not, a rapist will be rapey. People say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people" but you can't accidentally kill someone with a water pistol. A toddler can't accidentally shoot their mom in the car (like what happened earlier this year). People don't shoot themselves while cleaning their guitar. Every once in a while you'll hear about some psycho with a knife and he can't do as much damage as some psycho with a gun can.

Basically, a rapist will rape, no matter what. A bathroom law won't stop them. A person that wants to kill things, will kill greater with a gun than without. Tighter gun laws can stop some of them. But we're told time and time again that they won't change things. It's a double standard.

Tony_Starks
04-25-2016, 10:53 AM
Whether you think it's cool to have Boy George in the stall next to you is up to you but what isn't up for debate is the NBA is about making money and anything that can be perceived as opposed to the gay alliance is extremely bad for business because they have a very very loud media voice.

Don't confuse a business decision with the NBA making some moral stand becuase they are not. If Carolina had a law in effect that would put PETA up in arms they'd be saying the same thing. Doesn't make them animal lovers, makes them smart business men.

TheIlladelph16
04-25-2016, 11:26 AM
Why is everyone focusing on the bathroom issue, when the real issue is that this law strips transgender folks of equal protection under the law like women, lesbians, gays, etc. receive? That's the real tragedy here and the (bigoted) lawmakers have done a stellar job of steering the conversation to an easy to digest talking point that people will bicker back and forth about (the bathroom issue).

On the bathroom issue itself... The idea that this law is going to prevent an apparent epidemic of men dressed as women entering women's bathrooms with ill intent is laughable at best. No one was policing bathrooms before, and they certainly aren't going to start doing it now to prevent a non-existent problem.

FlashBolt
04-25-2016, 11:47 AM
Why is everyone focusing on the bathroom issue, when the real issue is that this law strips transgender folks of equal protection under the law like women, lesbians, gays, etc. receive? That's the real tragedy here and the (bigoted) lawmakers have done a stellar job of steering the conversation to an easy to digest talking point that people will bicker back and forth about (the bathroom issue).

On the bathroom issue itself... The idea that this law is going to prevent an apparent epidemic of men dressed as women entering women's bathrooms with ill intent is laughable at best. No one was policing bathrooms before, and they certainly aren't going to start doing it now to prevent a non-existent problem.

It's to prevent females from having their privacy being potentially violated.

valade16
04-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Saw a poignant quote today:

It's not really about bathrooms today just as it wasn't really about water fountains before.

ewing
04-25-2016, 02:06 PM
i only use public restrooms to get those for a good time call numbers. lets cut out the middle man!

basch152
04-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Im so glad the rightwingers are losing battle after battle and religion is on the way out

Hopefully in a generation or two we can be done with religion and move on to being an actually moral society.

TheIlladelph16
04-26-2016, 01:03 PM
It's to prevent females from having their privacy being potentially violated.

The person who would be "violating" a female's privacy is also female, so I don't see how that's at all an issue. Even if it is, I have my privacy violated every time I have to piss in a public restroom with a whole bunch of dudes and I'm not complaining about it. Don't use a public restroom if privacy is your main concern.

Sly Guy
04-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Typical politics as usual.

Pretty lame but whatever, it's all about the Tubmans!

I'm going to enjoy getting used to that comment.

Tony_Starks
04-26-2016, 01:26 PM
Saw a poignant quote today:

It's not really about bathrooms today just as it wasn't really about water fountains before.

Horrible quote. Very disrespectful to the movement.

JAZZNC
04-26-2016, 07:24 PM
This is the dumbest **** ever. I live in NC and I am so sick of hearing about it. These dip **** musicians "taking a stand" by cancelling concerts last minute and ****ing the people that paid good money to go to these events and now the NBA is doing the same thing with "no time table".

I don't pretend to understand transgender people like a bunch of liberal idiots do and I don't think that they are all pedophiles like most conservative idiots do.

The thing that is just being completely missed in this whole situation is that creepers gonna creep no matter what the laws are (because we all know how much criminals follow the laws). Just let the damn people use whatever flipping bathroom they want and be done with it. This whole situation is just silly and nobody seems to wanna use any common sense or make even the simplest attempt to understand where the other side is coming from.....which is pretty typical in today's society.

ewing
04-27-2016, 09:06 AM
This is the dumbest **** ever. I live in NC and I am so sick of hearing about it. These dip **** musicians "taking a stand" by cancelling concerts last minute and ****ing the people that paid good money to go to these events and now the NBA is doing the same thing with "no time table".

I don't pretend to understand transgender people like a bunch of liberal idiots do and I don't think that they are all pedophiles like most conservative idiots do.

The thing that is just being completely missed in this whole situation is that creepers gonna creep no matter what the laws are (because we all know how much criminals follow the laws). Just let the damn people use whatever flipping bathroom they want and be done with it. This whole situation is just silly and nobody seems to wanna use any common sense or make even the simplest attempt to understand where the other side is coming from.....which is pretty typical in today's society.

bingo