PDA

View Full Version : Wizards hire Brooks

j-bay
04-21-2016, 05:51 PM
@WojVerticalNBA

Scott Brooks has agreed in principle on a five-year, $35M deal with the Wizards, league sources tell @TheVertical.

If OKC gets eliminated in the 1st round and KD decides to go East.....

Saddletramp
04-21-2016, 06:47 PM
If KD doesn't come over, this will be a huuuuuuge mistake. All their eggs are in the Durant basket.

SensandRaps
04-21-2016, 07:00 PM
wouldnt this rule out KD to the wizards?

because if KD wanted to play for brooks then brooks would still be coaching okc

Vampirate
04-21-2016, 07:08 PM
Only way this makes sense is if Durant said he wanted Brooks as coach of the Wizards.

Otherwise this just makes the Wizards look desperate.

If it gets them KD, great, however they look way too reliant on the KD free agency otherwise.

Kush McDaniels
04-21-2016, 07:09 PM
Wouldn't you want to hire a good coach to replace your **** coach?

j-bay
04-21-2016, 07:36 PM
For those of you who are saying KD hates Brooks, your wrong. KD loves Brooks. Washington has the money and connections. Besides if KD decides to move East, who else will get him? There isn't anyone special. Don't say Miami or Toronto.

j-bay
04-21-2016, 07:44 PM
One think Brooks is good at is developing guys. So dont be surprise to see the Wizards have 4 good players in 2 to 3 years.

DboneG
04-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Not a bad hire. Because this will put you in the KD sweepstakes and also, Scott Brooks is a decent coach. Landing KD over the summer changes everything for the Wizards. Good move

AllBall
04-21-2016, 08:21 PM
KD has already made it publicly known that Washington and it's arena fans outright thirstyness has been off putting.

This much desperation is akin to an ugly fat girl at the prom getting drunk and letting it be known she's putting out to any takers.

FFS, Washington was so focused on getting Durant they forgot to make their team relevant in the East to make it an attractive destination, period.

j-bay
04-21-2016, 08:28 PM
KD has already made it publicly known that Washington and it's arena fans outright thirstyness has been off putting.

This much desperation is akin to an ugly fat girl at the prom getting drunk and letting it be known she's putting out to any takers.

FFS, Washington was so focused on getting Durant they forgot to make their team relevant in the East to make it an attractive destination, period.

Well if he is going east who gets him. No one is seperating themselves. Celtics had the perfect shot, Heat are injury prone. Maybe Toronto? But i think KD can forget about what happened earlier. We got a coach he likes, his buddies are there, and we got more money then anyone this offseason.

AllBall
04-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Well if he is going east who gets him. No one is seperating themselves. Celtics had the perfect shot, Heat are injury prone. Maybe Toronto? But i think KD can forget about what happened earlier. We got a coach he likes, his buddies are there, and we got more money then anyone this offseason.

Any team #2-8 will automatically be in the ECF with Durant, if he's coming East he'll choose one of them. It's still too early, it'll all depends on how far he gets in the West during these playoffs. He may just sign a 1 year extension with OKC. Too many scenarios are still possible.

Vampirate
04-21-2016, 08:49 PM
For some damn reason I wouldn't be surprised if both Westbrook and himself went to the Lakers. No Kobe and owners with deep pockets, history, etc.

shep33
04-21-2016, 09:40 PM
An upgrade. But the Wiz need a lot more than KD to get them over LBJ and Cleveland

TheNumber37
04-21-2016, 09:42 PM
I think all their eggs are in The John Wall Basket.

John Wall and Cousins together again please. Wizards need a revamp

shep33
04-21-2016, 10:39 PM
Why would he leave for Washington though? OKC has arguably the best talent in the NBA.

Russy >>>>>>>>>>> Wall

j-bay
04-21-2016, 10:44 PM
Why would he leave for Washington though? OKC has arguably the best talent in the NBA.

Russy >>>>>>>>>>> Wall

I'm not saying he leaves OKC. I think he will stay. But let say he decides that he will never get to the finals with GS and SA in the way and decides to go East. I don't buy the whole 2-8, only playoff teams have a shot. Washington had a down year. And before that made it to the 2nd round twice.

j-bay
04-21-2016, 10:47 PM
KD or no KD Washington's future is bright. I believe with Brooks, who is good at developing guys, will have a good group of 4 with Wall, Beal, Porter, and Oubre

shep33
04-21-2016, 11:11 PM
KD or no KD Washington's future is bright. I believe with Brooks, who is good at developing guys, will have a good group of 4 with Wall, Beal, Porter, and Oubre

I agree. Brooks is way better than Wittman

mrblisterdundee
04-21-2016, 11:16 PM
For those of you who are saying KD hates Brooks, your wrong. KD loves Brooks. Washington has the money and connections. Besides if KD decides to move East, who else will get him? There isn't anyone special. Don't say Miami or Toronto.

I'll say Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Miami and Toronto.

Dade County
04-21-2016, 11:22 PM

HEAT!

I wrote about this before, it's crazy what they did... They should have at least traded for young talent to develop this season, if they wasn't going to do anything to make their team better.

It's like they just forgot they had to play this season lol

j-bay
04-21-2016, 11:37 PM
I'll say Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Miami and Toronto.

Take Miami, Atlanta, snd Chicago off. Like i said you can't trust Wade and Bosh at this point as they are pretty much being held together with tape and glue at this point. Chicago is a mess. And Horford is probably gone, so take Atlanta out. Maybe Boston or Toronto.

kobe4thewinbang
04-22-2016, 12:26 AM
Why would Durant return to the coach that was the most criticized part of the Thunder's one-hit-and-miss chance at a title? I'd go with Pat Riley and the Heat over Scott Brooks.

j-bay
04-22-2016, 12:40 AM
Why would Durant return to the coach that was the most criticized part of the Thunder's one-hit-and-miss chance at a title? I'd go with Pat Riley and the Heat over Scott Brooks.

True. Its more hope on my part that he comes home. If not, oh well. The Wizards could afford Beal plus 2 other big FAs. But if im KD i DO NOT go to Miami. If thats the case then stay in OKC or head to GS. You sign with Miami and you get two broken down players who like i said you can not trust at this point in their careers.

kobe4thewinbang
04-22-2016, 01:28 AM
True. Its more hope on my part that he comes home. If not, oh well. The Wizards could afford Beal plus 2 other big FAs. But if im KD i DO NOT go to Miami. If thats the case then stay in OKC or head to GS. You sign with Miami and you get two broken down players who like i said you can not trust at this point in their careers.Definitely. Wade is still clutch, but not the champion Wade and Bosh might be unable to play consistently ever again. That's a lot of money on the books, plus Winslow, Dragic underwhelming with a big salary and Whiteside possibly jumping ship. Riley will have to tie up Whiteside to lure Durant, but I dunno if it's all that attractive with Bosh & Wade still around.

j-bay
04-22-2016, 01:47 AM
Definitely. Wade is still clutch, but not the champion Wade and Bosh might be unable to play consistently ever again. That's a lot of money on the books, plus Winslow, Dragic underwhelming with a big salary and Whiteside possibly jumping ship. Riley will have to tie up Whiteside to lure Durant, but I dunno if it's all that attractive with Bosh & Wade still around.

Wade turns 35 next year and Bosh turns 33. If i'm KD i'm looking longterm. You brought up a good point with Dragic. That only leaves Whiteside and that is not enough. I'm looking at the East and i see nothing. There is nothing better in the East then what he has in OKC. Boston has the brightest future out of the East teams that could be in for Durant. I see it as OKC or GS.

DR_1
04-22-2016, 12:45 PM
KD or no KD, I think this is a good hire. Brooks is a solid coach.

FlashBolt
04-22-2016, 12:59 PM
You guys are overrating Brooks here. I can attest to you that Brooks was not much better than Donovan (who is a below average coach). He didn't develop any players at all for OKC. He's not who you guys think he is in terms of coaching talent. Westbrook+KD will get any team to 50 wins so it doesn't speak much about Brooks talent. What does speak is his inability to build a bench and insert rotations. It's why our roster is so screwed up when KD or Westbrook are benched. Washington made a huge mistake signing Brooks for that amount of money. He's not worth it.

kingsdelez24
04-22-2016, 01:42 PM
Flash forward to him getting fired next offseason

j-bay
04-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Flash forward to him getting fired next offseason

He won't. The more that comes out, the more it seems like Randy's fault. Guys were not being held accountable. Seems like Randy was getting on people's nerves as well.

AllBall
04-22-2016, 03:43 PM
True. Its more hope on my part that he comes home. If not, oh well. The Wizards could afford Beal plus 2 other big FAs. But if im KD i DO NOT go to Miami. If thats the case then stay in OKC or head to GS. You sign with Miami and you get two broken down players who like i said you can not trust at this point in their careers.

You're grasping at straws there buddy. I don't care if KD comes to the HEAT or not. For the most part, the fan base is not really entertaining the thought much. BUT if there ever was a team in the East that could land him, it's the HEAT.

Let's look at the facts.

1. Pat Riley runs a championship organization.
2. The HEAT is the only team in the East this summer who has 4 players under contract. They are perfectly positioned to make moves quickly and surround KD with whoever they want.
3. It is highly unlikely Bosh comes back, and the HEAT will end up with a Salary Exemption for a Career Ending injury from the NBA. Which allows the HEAT to go out and get ANOTHER Max Free Agent to put next to KD.
4. Wade has been playing just fine, he's healthy and has missed the least amount of games this season. Wade doesn't have to be the #2 guy, Pat Riley will quickly surround KD with other star players.
5. The rest of the young core is NOT injury prone and they are doing just fine. If you're referring to McRoberts (lo-f'n-l) he'll be gone this summer.

It doesn't matter if he comes, we are in a god place with the young core, have a ton of cash and have the right people in the organization to keep us in the right track.It's that very fact, that we aren't desperate to have him, that may end up making it an attractive landing spot. Oh yeah, no state taxes in FL and the weather is awesome.

Best of luck on your off season goals 2016.

Good day sir!

kobe4thewinbang
04-23-2016, 01:11 AM
You're grasping at straws there buddy. I don't care if KD comes to the HEAT or not. For the most part, the fan base is not really entertaining the thought much. BUT if there ever was a team in the East that could land him, it's the HEAT.

Let's look at the facts.

1. Pat Riley runs a championship organization.
2. The HEAT is the only team in the East this summer who has 4 players under contract. They are perfectly positioned to make moves quickly and surround KD with whoever they want.
3. It is highly unlikely Bosh comes back, and the HEAT will end up with a Salary Exemption for a Career Ending injury from the NBA. Which allows the HEAT to go out and get ANOTHER Max Free Agent to put next to KD.
4. Wade has been playing just fine, he's healthy and has missed the least amount of games this season. Wade doesn't have to be the #2 guy, Pat Riley will quickly surround KD with other star players.
5. The rest of the young core is NOT injury prone and they are doing just fine. If you're referring to McRoberts (lo-f'n-l) he'll be gone this summer.

It doesn't matter if he comes, we are in a god place with the young core, have a ton of cash and have the right people in the organization to keep us in the right track.It's that very fact, that we aren't desperate to have him, that may end up making it an attractive landing spot. Oh yeah, no state taxes in FL and the weather is awesome.

Best of luck on your off season goals 2016.

Good day sir!I definitely think Heat are a better place than Wizards for Durant, but I think you're understating the difficulty of the Bosh situation.

naps
04-23-2016, 04:43 AM
Well even though it's been already reported Wizards were scratched off of Durant's list, this one just confirms it. Durant had his run with Brooks. Brooks wouldnt get fired if Durant wanted to continue their partnership in OKC. Makes ZERO sense why he would try to partner with the same coach and a lot less talent on the roster than what already has in OKC.

BTW, this Wiz fan on this thread represents how this team has put all their eggs on one basket. If Durant wanted to come to the east and if winning was his priority, Wiz got no shot anyways.

AllBall
04-23-2016, 10:00 AM
I definitely think Heat are a better place than Wizards for Durant, but I think you're understating the difficulty of the Bosh situation.

How so?

j-bay
04-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Well even though it's been already reported Wizards were scratched off of Durant's list, this one just confirms it. Durant had his run with Brooks. Brooks wouldnt get fired if Durant wanted to continue their partnership in OKC. Makes ZERO sense why he would try to partner with the same coach and a lot less talent on the roster than what already has in OKC.

BTW, this Wiz fan on this thread represents how this team has put all their eggs on one basket. If Durant wanted to come to the east and if winning was his priority, Wiz got no shot anyways.

Agree and disagree. Agree that the Wizards have no shot. But disagree with the fact that Brooks would still be there if Durant said so. Based on what came out this week, Brooks was fired without the players knowing.

papipapsmanny
04-23-2016, 11:42 AM
This is a good hire either way.

I know many here disrespect the Wizards but don't tell me that didn't have the players/talent, to be in the playoffs in the East.

Wittman was a moron, he regressed the team this year, decided to change the teams identity from defense to offense over and offseason. The guy was pathetic, never knew when to call a TO, and had some infatuation with Garrett Temple who is complete garbage.

Brooks is good, and has some history with developing players. It seems his mistake everyone points out is leaving perkins in to play too long in the finals. I believe that is something he easily learned from.

The Wizards have Wall/Beal/Porter/Morris/Gortat/Oubre and a lot of Cap space. They have a lot of talent and much of it Wittman didnt tap into.

This should be a playoff team in the east either way, and not the 7th/8th seed either. Honestly think this coaching change improved the team by 5 wins by itself

Wade n Fade
04-23-2016, 11:20 PM
What if KD went to Portland instead of Washington/Miami/Toronto/SAS/GSW? I would love to see a Durant/McCollum/Lillard squad.

naps
04-24-2016, 12:41 AM
Agree and disagree. Agree that the Wizards have no shot. But disagree with the fact that Brooks would still be there if Durant said so. Based on what came out this week, Brooks was fired without the players knowing

Haha...you really think people will report that KD was discussed about the firing and gave his OK? Cmon man.