PDA

View Full Version : Is your teams first round series prepping them for another opponent?

Chronz
04-21-2016, 05:03 PM
As Clippers fan I really wanted to face Memphis, we have history and selfishly, they are injured and would pose no threat to them. As a side advantage, they had the defensive chops to at least make Blake and CP3 work for it. It also meant that the Spurs would have to take on a much better team which couldnt hurt my teams chances overall. But now that we've reached G3 against Portland, I've realized they are basically prepping us for Steph Curry. Its the same game plan we used against them in the playoffs 2 years ago when Bogut was hurt and Sterling was still around.

The downside is that they have no true PF and Blake is simply using his brute strength to overpower them with simplistic post ups, the kind that GS has been able to stymie over the years. Still, its the closest comp for us and Blake is forcing his way into a rhythm.

What about your team?

Saddletramp
04-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Yeah, the Warriors are a good prep up for next round when

Oh yeah. Never mind.

kdspurman
04-21-2016, 09:51 PM
Unfortunately not... It just isn't a fair fight. It's helping I guess with Pop figuring out playoff rotations a bit and cleaning up some execution things I guess. But the match up itself isn't really, because the next opponent will be completely different