PDA

View Full Version : Earl Watson is now HC for Phx

Stunner
04-19-2016, 03:15 PM
The Phoenix Suns have finalized a multi-year deal to make Earl Watson the franchise's head coach, league source tells @TheVertical.

The Suns agreed to a three-year deal with Watson, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Wade n Fade
04-19-2016, 08:02 PM
Sarver and his front office clearly doesn't know what it is doing. Mark Jackson and Thibs are better coaches than Watson.

Shammyguy3
04-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Thibs has no interest in Phoenix. If he did the Suns would've offered him something. Mark Jackson is poop

TrueFan420
04-19-2016, 10:00 PM
Thibs has no interest in Phoenix. If he did the Suns would've offered him something. Mark Jackson is poop

Agreed but Earl Watson isn't exactly a great option either. Literally no one was after him. He has zero experience. I get it. Stop going for the same old cycle of used up coaches but why not target the top end college or euro coach for a new NBA coach versus the zero experience but played option.

kingsdelez24
04-20-2016, 12:07 AM
I heard the Jazz were mulling an offer like this to him right before he retired, and he's been groomed as a future head coach for a while now. Good, low-risk move by a rebuilding team with assets thats lottery bound

JAZZNC
04-20-2016, 12:58 AM
I don't see much risk. They aren't winning anytime soon. But that's the thing with coaches, they can't do much without talent and Phoenix doesn't have much of that at the moment. I still feel like firing Jeff Hornacek was a bad bad move, just like McKale. Obviously they didn't do any better after getting rid of them and their replacements are lackluster.

Scoots
04-20-2016, 01:46 AM
When nobody wants the job and your players like the interim coach this is what you do.

Wade n Fade
04-21-2016, 01:27 PM
I think the Suns have potential to do something in the future. Devin Booker and Bledsoe can make a formidable backcourt and Knight should get traded for a big.

G_S_W
04-22-2016, 06:24 AM
A joke of a hire.

It's obvious this is an affirmative action hire. Get ready to watch garbage basketball in the future.

Shammyguy3
04-22-2016, 02:57 PM
I think the Suns have potential to do something in the future. Devin Booker and Bledsoe can make a formidable backcourt and Knight should get traded for a big.

Not sure what type of big the Suns would want, but the Bulls would likely be interested in something like Knight for Taj Gibson +

G_S_W
04-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Another Black Tank Commander. PHO headed straight down the toilet.

Wade n Fade
04-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Not sure what type of big the Suns would want, but the Bulls would likely be interested in something like Knight for Taj Gibson +

Would have to be more than Gibson for Knight. Maybe Charlotte would want to give up one of their bigs in a deal for Knight for form a Knight/Kemba back-court? Back to the Bulls, they can give up Mirotic in a deal possibly. Moto really a market for bigs, but Phoenix can get creative. They need to get out of the Chandler deal and trade Knight. Maybe Philly can give up Nerlens Noel for Knight?