PDA

View Full Version : Why does Gregg Popovich always get an accountability PASS?

Rocco007
04-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Lifelong LAfan living in San Antonio for the last 20 years or so...I have respect for the Spurs...When they do well, the City does well so it's hard to root against them...unless they play vs LAL...
So Phil Jackson's only detractors will say he always had 1 or 2 of the best players in the league and his teams were loaded...fair enough...I always say so did Doug Collins in Chicago and Dell Harris in LA...before Phil Jackson arrived to replace both of them...

But I digress...

and so if Gregg Popovich is going to be mentioned as one of the best ever...this is when he should rise above the rest...

I've had this discussion with some of my friends who are die-hard Spurs fans...

If The Spurs can not find a way to beat Golden State by year 2...this should rest squarely on Popovich's shoulders...

The Spurs are loaded from top to bottom...You can argue, they may have more overall proven talent than GSW...
Then you have a 2nd year coach...

I just don't see this happening to a Phil Jackson team...

Greg Popovich is never criticized for his coaching...and he is very stubborn in failure...
Last year he played Tony Parker on 1 leg instead of letting Pattie Mills take over...who has proven he can...and they lost because of it...
He has done this in the past with his big men...Dejuan Blair comes to mind several years ago...
refused to use him and they were ousted because they were outplayed in the front court by OKC...Splitter was not mobile enough...Blair had played great that year...why not give him a go???
When Phil and the Lakers were owning the Spurs, PJ used to get killed...
I think it's Pops turn to feel some heat...
If he has GOATish status as alot of you state....and I do believe he is very good...but Not on PJ's level...
I expect the Spurs to reach the Finals by way of GSW...No excuses...

DboneG
04-18-2016, 09:22 PM
Simple...Pops is overrated. He's Donald Trump, he's Adolf Hitler. He rules with the iron fist. Really, who wants to play for a guy like that. He's even a jerk in interviews.

Scoots
04-18-2016, 09:40 PM
Don't feed troll

More-Than-Most
04-18-2016, 09:42 PM
guys just ignore this pls. listen to what scoots said. Its not worth and most laker fans dont deserve the overall bashing that will end up being pop----------->Jackson

Kush McDaniels
04-18-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm guessing all of his 3800 posts are in the Lakers forum...

go back under your bridge, troll.

Kyben36
04-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Because unlike the LAKERS WHO HAD TO TRADE GARBAGE for PAU GASOL to get back on top, or buy 120 mil man in shaq, Pop Coached up guys, he coached up bench players. i mean, he turned leonrad from a average prospect to a solid gold defender and a really good player. he has a number of guys who he has coached up. and sure, he had Timmy, an all time great, but how great would he have been without pop. who knows.

ewing
04-18-2016, 10:12 PM
constantly winning.

DboneG
04-18-2016, 10:30 PM
I can remember the huge mistakes pops made that cost him the series against the Cavs in the Finals. He wasn't held accountable. He's a jerk. He has the nerve to tell Danny Green not to dribble more than two times...or I pull you. That's a jerk. He had the nerve to say to Stephen Jackson, admit: "Kawhi Leonard is better than you" Jackson said no...and he got cut. Pops is a jerk.
The reason a guy made it to the NBA is because of his I'm the best, no one can stop me attitude.

Stephen Jackson you did right!

DboneG
04-18-2016, 10:57 PM
I remember when Tony Parker first came to the Spurs, and Pops "The Jerk" would ride Parker, holler and scream at him. He wanted to hold Tony Parker accountable, but, not himself. Sounds like Trump.

Bottom line: Pops is overrated.

naps
04-18-2016, 11:29 PM
What a troll. Pop is the best NBA coach of all time. Period.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 11:31 PM
I can remember the huge mistakes pops made that cost him the series against the Cavs in the Finals. He wasn't held accountable. He's a jerk. He has the nerve to tell Danny Green not to dribble more than two times...or I pull you. That's a jerk. He had the nerve to say to Stephen Jackson, admit: "Kawhi Leonard is better than you" Jackson said no...and he got cut. Pops is a jerk.
The reason a guy made it to the NBA is because of his I'm the best, no one can stop me attitude.

Stephen Jackson you did right!

Dude.. if anyone is the jerk there it is Stephen Jackson. What happened was Pop probably wanted Kawhi to start, Stephen Jackson didn't agree, and what do you have here? Kawhi is a top five player and Stephen Jackson is a nobody.

Scoots
04-19-2016, 12:07 AM
Arguing that in ANY comparison involving Stephen Jackson the other person is a jerk is just wrong.

PurpleJesus
04-19-2016, 12:20 AM
He's got a team that people have been saying are on their tale end for 5-6 years, yet they remain one of the 3-4 most relevant teams in the league year in and year out.

ManningToTyree
04-19-2016, 12:45 AM
The Spurs have won 50 games in 17 straight seasons

DboneG
04-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Dude.. if anyone is the jerk there it is Stephen Jackson. What happened was Pop probably wanted Kawhi to start, Stephen Jackson didn't agree, and what do you have here? Kawhi is a top five player and Stephen Jackson is a nobody.

Pops was flat-out wrong! You never heave a professional admit another guy is better than him. Never! That let you know the mentality of popovich...never being held accountable for his coaching actions. He has a fascist coaching style...Hitler-Donald Trump comes to mind. I want everything my way!

Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson were sparring partners way back in the day. (strange how Lewis only fought Tyson when he was fresh out of jail and not in top shape). Point is: Would a coach/trainer tell Lennox Lewis: "Admit! Admit, Mike Tyson is better than you"

IndyRealist
04-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Pops was flat-out wrong! You never heave a professional admit another guy is better than him. Never! That let you know the mentality of popovich...never being held accountable for his coaching actions. He has a fascist coaching style...Hitler-Donald Trump comes to mind. I want everything my way!

Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson were sparring partners way back in the day. (strange how Lewis only fought Tyson when he was fresh out of jail and not in top shape). Point is: Would a coach/trainer tell Lennox Lewis: "Admit! Admit, Mike Tyson is better than you"

You mean you never tell a professional that he needs to do what is best for the team? Coaches tell players that all the time.

He's the head coach. Coaches should be in charge. I dunno when you decided basketball was a democracy.

DboneG
04-19-2016, 10:01 AM
You mean you never tell a professional that he needs to do what is best for the team? Coaches tell players that all the time.

He's the head coach. Coaches should be in charge. I dunno when you decided basketball was a democracy.

"You mean you never tell a professional that he needs to do what is best for the team?".....That's different. Nothing is wrong with that. pops told Stephen Jackson to admit another guy is better. Which is a no-no.

"Jackson confirmed that rift:

“We had a disagreement,” Stephen told Sister 2 Sister about his most recent coach Gregg Popovich. “He wanted me to agree to players being better than me, and I didn't agree. I've been in the NBA a long time, so it's just something I didn't agree with and something I have no control over. He's the coach. He controls who plays, and he controls the team, which I do respect. At the same time, I know what I can do and what I been doing my whole career, and I'm far from ready to hang it up. So, I can't let one person tell me where I'm at 35-years-old. To me, it just didn't make no sense.” "

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/22105305/stephen-jackson-confirms-rift-with-spurs-coach-gregg-popovich

pops was flat-out wrong.

IndyRealist
04-19-2016, 10:19 AM
"You mean you never tell a professional that he needs to do what is best for the team?".....That's different. Nothing is wrong with that. pops told Stephen Jackson to admit another guy is better. Which is a no-no.

“We had a disagreement,” Stephen told Sister 2 Sister about his most recent coach Gregg Popovich. “He wanted me to agree to players being better than me, and I didn't agree. I've been in the NBA a long time, so it's just something I didn't agree with and something I have no control over. He's the coach. He controls who plays, and he controls the team, which I do respect. At the same time, I know what I can do and what I been doing my whole career, and I'm far from ready to hang it up. So, I can't let one person tell me where I'm at 35-years-old. To me, it just didn't make no sense.” "

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/22105305/stephen-jackson-confirms-rift-with-spurs-coach-gregg-popovich

pops was flat-out wrong.

Not even close to wrong. Jackson's always had an ego, has always thought he was better than he really was. If he's not with the program he can GTFO. Which is what happened.

How about we ask Pop hiw that conversation went? I suspect it was a lot more like

Pop: "Jax, we need to move you to the bench and cut your minutes. This kid Kawhi is just phenominal, and he's the direction the team is going."

Jax: "Man F U. I'm better than that kid!"

Pop: "No, you're not."

DboneG
04-19-2016, 10:45 AM
pops.... keep playing Manu Ginobili. The guy shows zero ability to avoid turnovers and can't buy a bucket, ruin their chances in the Finals, but, pops keep playing this guy. accountability pass?!

poops... Danny Green the starting shooting guard? But, you had the nerve to tell him not to make two dribbles, or the bench you go! smh accountability pass?!

popo... You benched Tracy McGrady. Seriously? He is a career 20 point per game scorer. Hitler/Trump/player hater. This is one of the reasons why star players don't come to S.A. I'm surprised LaMarcus Aldridge came over. accountability pass?!

poops... I believe he messed up and cost the Spurs a title in game 6. I think he was trying to make himself look good by putting Timmy on the bench. lol accountability pass?!

If it weren't for Tim Duncan, Malik Rose, Bruce Bowen, David Robinson and Fabricio Oberto...forget it! Pops is a bum. Get rid of the guy already. Tell him to leave with Tim Duncan over the summer. They will be hard pressed to get the top FA over the summer. Nobody wants to play for Hitler/Trump/ego maniac.

kdspurman
04-19-2016, 10:47 AM
This is genuinely comedic stuff

ewing
04-19-2016, 10:51 AM
what should we be counting? his rings

FlashBolt
04-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Pretty good troll.. T-Mac was so irrelevant they didn't even update his BBREF history..

Wrigheyes4MVP
04-19-2016, 10:59 AM
Lol

Hawkeye15
04-19-2016, 11:09 AM

pops was flat-out wrong.

Jax is wrong. Look, Pops is very straight forward, but that is his way. Jax, for the betterment of his team, should have just sat the **** down and shut up.

The reason Jax has played for so many teams, is that is isn't easy to deal with. Matt Barnes is another example. You get what you can out of them, when they become a problem, goodbye. Guys like that look out for themselves at some point, instead of continually buying into the team first concept.

kingsdelez24
04-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Dejuan Blair was out of shape and didn't listen to Pop, and Parkers bball IQ is too good not to let him start and play if he feels that he can. OP is gonna dislocate his own shoulders with all this reaching

Scoots
04-19-2016, 11:21 AM
what should we be counting? his rings

You cut him in half and count the rings to determine how good a coach he is? That seems a bit extreme.

IndyRealist
04-19-2016, 11:25 AM
You cut him in half and count the rings to determine how good a coach he is? That seems a bit extreme.

Obviously post mortem. We're not animals.

DboneG
04-19-2016, 01:41 PM
Pretty good troll.. T-Mac was so irrelevant they didn't even update his BBREF history..

So what does that make you with 6300 posts?!! You are all over the place with your comments! Stop it!

Flash Dolt Dolt! Dolt! More like Homer to me.

Jeffy25
04-19-2016, 01:45 PM

He won player of the week twice lol

Come on, obviously a troll thread

What Pops has done is incredible. The reason the Spurs are this good, this long, is because they are arguably the smartest run organization in the game.

Jeffy25
04-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Not even close to wrong. Jackson's always had an ego, has always thought he was better than he really was. If he's not with the program he can GTFO. Which is what happened.

How about we ask Pop hiw that conversation went? I suspect it was a lot more like

Pop: "Jax, we need to move you to the bench and cut your minutes. This kid Kawhi is just phenominal, and he's the direction the team is going."

And Jackson was awful in 12-13....awful, he was the worst player on the floor for the Spurs that season.

Saddletramp
04-19-2016, 02:15 PM
I don't know about you guys but I remember Malik Rose, Oberto and Bowen being the main reasons the Spurs beat the Heat for two extra rings.

Also, when someone says dumb stuff it seems amplified when they use a lot of exclamation points. They usually correlate.

xxplayerxx23
04-19-2016, 02:38 PM

Prob went more your way than that other guys way but doubt that's what it is lol pop seems like a guy to tell you how it is, but still to blame pop for that is crazy LMFAO, that guy is hilarious talking about trump/hitler is comedy

xxplayerxx23
04-19-2016, 02:42 PM
I think Phil gets a bad rep about things, pop and him are two of the best but it's like people forget pop had superstars too. But either way they are two of the best.

Baltoro
04-19-2016, 02:45 PM

The fact that you are comparing a man who coaches a game, to one of the most evil men in the history of the world, one who was a sociopath, psychopath and egotist and responsible for one of the biggest genocides in human history, proves that nothing you have to say or even think can be taken seriously. Comparing a basketball coach to Hitler trivializes the lives of more than 5 million innocent people who died in some of the most brutal ways possible.

I don't know who you are, I'm glad I don't. But if I could tell you anything, I'd say to be more careful when throwing comparisons around like that. SOME might be offended.

DboneG
04-19-2016, 02:54 PM
The fact that you are comparing a man who coaches a game, to one of the most evil men in the history of the world, one who was a sociopath, psychopath and egotist and responsible for one of the biggest genocides in human history, proves that nothing you have to say or even think can be taken seriously. Comparing a basketball coach to Hitler trivializes the lives of more than 5 million innocent people who died in some of the most brutal ways possible.

I don't know who you are, I'm glad I don't. But if I could tell you anything, I'd say to be more careful when throwing comparisons around like that. SOME might be offended.

When I see poop coach and the way he interact with his players, that name comes to mind. popo has one of the biggest egos in the NBA. Just watch him during his interviews. You shouldn't be so sensitive.

Sly Guy
04-19-2016, 02:59 PM
constantly winning.

without ever being a top flight free agent destination (LA this time being the notable exception)

Baltoro
04-19-2016, 03:04 PM
When I see poop coach and the way he interact with his players, that name comes to mind. popo has one of the biggest egos in the NBA. Just watch him during his interviews. You shouldn't be so sensitive.

You shouldn't be so ignorant.

JasonJohnHorn
04-19-2016, 03:19 PM
While I do hear people suggest that PJax's numbers are in large part due to good fortune, which is true of anybody who wins a lot, I don't often hear people dismiss him outright.

People praise his ability to manage big egos, and note that there were likely no other coaches, outside of perhaps Riley, who could have managed Shaq and Kobe; and not coaches other than Daly who could get out of Rodman what PJax got out of Rodman.

So... I'm not sure where that is coming from.

As for beating the Warriors.... well... Pop didn't play the Warriors last year, so it's not like he matching with them again and this is round two. Moreover, the Warriors are a very different team than they were last year. Klay and Draymond are both better, and Curry is better. So...yeah... he wouldn't be facing the same team twice.

It is also silly to assume that just because somebody lost to somebody last year, that if they are a good coach they should be able to beat them this year. The Warriors have been forced to play a very different brand of basketball when they play the Spurs, which is what a good coach does. If that different style still leads to a loss, it is likely because the winning team is simply better. And if you are going to take that approach, then YOU are saying the PJax is $#!T because even though the Bulls had lost to the Pistons two years in a row, he was unable to help them beat the Pistons the third year, despite being on the coach staff every time they went up against the Pistons.

Pop is a great coach. He's helped to develop late first and second round picks into All-Stars and DPOY winners, and has helped the Spurs to earn one of the best winning percentages in NBA history this year, and put together the highest winning percentage for any franchise over a 19-year span.

I don't even know what you are suggesting here. How is it that Pop has to beat a 73-win team to prove he's any good? Did any coach ever do that? No. So every coach in the league is $#!T? Ever?

Pop is great. You don't get 50 win or the equivalent winning percentages for pretty much two decades without knowing what you are doing, especially in the West.

DboneG
04-19-2016, 03:21 PM

You need to get thicker skin, and get that bug out your....

IndyRealist
04-19-2016, 03:24 PM

Just because you made 5,000 posts, doesn't say that you aren't a TROLL. I read some of your posts, they don't bring much to the conversation . and sometimes you are off topic. So, what does that make you? A TROLL?

Pot, meet Kettle.

Baltoro
04-19-2016, 03:40 PM

I've said my piece. I refuse to argue with you because obviously you don't understand the gravitas of what you said. And your responses have proven my point. Have the last word, go for it.

DboneG
04-19-2016, 03:42 PM
Pot, meet Kettle.

You care to comment on ....Why pop cost the Spurs a title in game 6. He was trying to make himself look good by putting Timmy on the bench. Accountability pass?! YES OR NO?

You care to comment on....Why pop is playing Manu Ginobili? The guy has zero ability to avoid turnovers and can't buy a bucket. He ruin their chances in the Finals. pop keep playing this guy. Accountability pass?! YES OR NO?

You care to comment on... How pops ego is the biggest thing in the room when he's being interviewed? Should he be held accountable for this or not?

BallDontLie
04-19-2016, 03:50 PM

he should be banned for those comments

DboneG
04-19-2016, 03:52 PM
I've said my piece. I refuse to argue with you because obviously you don't understand the gravitas of what you said. And your responses have proven my point. Have the last word, go for it.

As far as I'm concerned pops is a coaching monster. What better way to portray that.

DboneG
04-19-2016, 03:54 PM
he should be banned for those comments

Here comes another one

True Sports Fan
04-19-2016, 04:53 PM
pops.... keep playing Manu Ginobili. The guy shows zero ability to avoid turnovers and can't buy a bucket, ruin their chances in the Finals, but, pops keep playing this guy. accountability pass?!

poops... Danny Green the starting shooting guard? But, you had the nerve to tell him not to make two dribbles, or the bench you go! smh accountability pass?!

popo... You benched Tracy McGrady. Seriously? He is a career 20 point per game scorer. Hitler/Trump/player hater. This is one of the reasons why star players don't come to S.A. I'm surprised LaMarcus Aldridge came over. accountability pass?!

poops... I believe he messed up and cost the Spurs a title in game 6. I think he was trying to make himself look good by putting Timmy on the bench. lol accountability pass?!

If it weren't for Tim Duncan, Malik Rose, Bruce Bowen, David Robinson and Fabricio Oberto...forget it! Pops is a bum. Get rid of the guy already. Tell him to leave with Tim Duncan over the summer. They will be hard pressed to get the top FA over the summer. Nobody wants to play for Hitler/Trump/ego maniac.
I honestly can't tell if you are kidding or extremely butthurt for no reason.

Chronz
04-19-2016, 05:08 PM
Didn't Manu tear it up the next year?

Baltoro
04-19-2016, 06:13 PM
As far as I'm concerned pops is a coaching monster. What better way to portray that.

Your attempt to justify and rationalize your thinking is, in every sense of the word, pathetic.

IndyRealist
04-19-2016, 06:28 PM
You care to comment on ....Why pop cost the Spurs a title in game 6. He was trying to make himself look good by putting Timmy on the bench. Accountability pass?! YES OR NO?

You care to comment on....Why pop is playing Manu Ginobili? The guy has zero ability to avoid turnovers and can't buy a bucket. He ruin their chances in the Finals. pop keep playing this guy. Accountability pass?! YES OR NO?

You care to comment on... How pops ego is the biggest thing in the room when he's being interviewed? Should he be held accountable for this or not?
I was commenting up through page 2, until people starting insulting each other. There isn't much point in actual on topic comments after that, since they just get drowned in the cat fight.

Linking the two threads you're fighting people on just seemed appropriate.

DboneG
04-19-2016, 07:42 PM
Your attempt to justify and rationalize your thinking is, in every sense of the word, pathetic.

I thought you were finished, done...as in, you have the last word?! Make up your feeble mind. You are double-minded. If you even have a mind.

DboneG
04-19-2016, 07:52 PM
I was commenting up through page 2, until people starting insulting each other. There isn't much point in actual on topic comments after that, since they just get drowned in the cat fight.

Linking the two threads you're fighting people on just seemed appropriate.

Hey...I never first called anyone out of their name here. I do like all the rest of the basketball aficionados, give my opinion. Everybody has one.

Baltoro
04-19-2016, 08:10 PM
I thought you were finished, done...as in, you have the last word?! Make up your feeble mind. You are double-minded. If you even have a mind.

You don't mean that. I mean, you're not THAT stupid, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find posters on this forum that would agree with you on that front.

But you're right, I was hypocritical. I broke a cardinal rule; never argue with an idiot. A farmer doesn't tell a pig its breath smells like sh**.

DboneG
04-19-2016, 08:35 PM
You don't mean that. I mean, you're not THAT stupid, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find posters on this forum that would agree with you on that front.

But you're right, I was hypocritical. I broke a cardinal rule; never argue with an idiot. A farmer doesn't tell a pig its breath smells like sh**.

Accountability pass?! No, accountability fail!! Oink oink oink...sooo wee!!!!

McAllen Tx
04-20-2016, 08:53 AM
Sorry guys, somebody left the gate open to the Lakers forum and Rocco got out.

My guess would be Vinyl leaving it open on purpose. He loves when Rocco gets out and gets banged up.

I'll also walk along the whole gate to make sure he didn't dig a hole and getting out that way.

Ariza's Better
04-20-2016, 09:06 AM
Can we as a forum decide to ignore DboneG? Guy is trying so so so hard to troll it's sad. He can at least try to be more subtle about it.

KnickNyKnick
04-20-2016, 09:46 AM
he is accountable, but also accountable to make the players accountable... he runs his ship a certain way which has been a success. im sure when its all said and done, he wont seem like a jerk anymore lol, but in the heat of the battle he's gonna run this mother how he knows.

warfelg
04-20-2016, 10:29 AM
Didn't Manu tear it up the next year?

He did. Plenty of guys that played for Pops love him, and when they are on board with his philosophy, they hit it big. Malik Rose was doing commentary for the Sixers for a while and always talked about it. He talked about how Timmy, Manu, Tony are all extensions of Pops and how it makes all the players hold each other accountable more than Pops does.

It's a very much, know the role, understand the structure, do what you're asked when we ask it team. Which is great. He never asked someone to do something they aren't good at. He's always put them in place to succeed with the skills the have.

Lil Rhody
04-20-2016, 10:35 AM
^ that is why I love the guy. He is the BB of basketball. Do your job do it right and you will be put into the position to succeed.

Ohhhhhh now I know why everyone hates him around here it's all making sense now

McAllen Tx
04-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Whether Pop is a dick is another subject. But as far as holding him accountable for some blips on his resume, who doesn't have things that can be questioned later?

Pop is one of only (probably) 3 people in the whole world who could show up to any team and ask for a job and will be officially employed w\in the hour. As long as it takes them to get the paper work done. Figure out as what later.

PhillyFaninLA
04-20-2016, 11:09 AM
The Spurs have won 50 games in 17 straight seasons

To be fair he only has something like 6 titles or so as a coach so this topic is valid, and only 50+ wins a year, I mean why is he even in charge of a team.

Rocco007
04-20-2016, 04:27 PM
I love this topic...
It's very similar to the Kobe v MJ debate...
What I have learned...
If you love a player, team or coach...
You will make enough excuses to make yourself feel better about it...
If you dislike the player, coach or team...
you will contradict your standards in order to stay on course...
What's a good bashing for PJ is not a good bashing for Pops...

You have the most talented team in the NBA from top to bottom...
You should win it all this year...

Wouldn't that be the requirement for PJ?

Oh yes...Championships...and winning...

That great in coach in Miami...what's his name?...
Spols...or something..He was on top of the world a couple of years ago...Lebron leaves...Now he can't coach himself out of a wet paper bag...Pure Coincidence I guess...

11 RINGS....2 different cities...6 different teams...

PJ used to treat Pop like his personal Bus boy...

Here take that *ss whipping with you...
Now Steve Kerr and Luke Walton do it for him...
3 years of HC experience combined...

Rocco007
04-20-2016, 04:31 PM
Sorry guys, somebody left the gate open to the Lakers forum and Rocco got out.

My guess would be Vinyl leaving it open on purpose. He loves when Rocco gets out and gets banged up.

I'll also walk along the whole gate to make sure he didn't dig a hole and getting out that way.

Man, I had a dream that you and your cronies were really 3 hot Lakergirls trolling me...that's why you secretly follow me around...
I took turns...and made sure I gave you all the individual attention your deserve...
Don't worry my stamina is off the charts...i

Thanks for the memories...

kdspurman
04-20-2016, 04:52 PM
I love this topic...
What I have learned...

Spols...or something..He was on top of the world a couple of years ago...Lebron leaves...Now he can't coach himself out of a wet paper bag...Pure Coincidence I guess...

Did I miss something?

warfelg
04-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Did I miss something?

The pot brownie you needed before reading that post.

Saddletramp
04-20-2016, 05:41 PM
dyNASTY a coMETH...1225

What does that mean?

naps
04-21-2016, 07:21 AM
I love this topic...
What I have learned...

Looks like a kobe fan lost her mind after her heros retirement.

NYKalltheway
04-21-2016, 08:23 AM
The Spurs aren't stacked. They have Pop who knows how to utilize the talent he has. There are around 10 teams with a similar level of talent, but their coaches aren't really good. And their superstars seem to dictate who gets to play and how.

Rocco007
05-13-2016, 02:12 PM
Just as I figured...
Crickets around here...
Couldn't make 1 adjustment to save his team from being trounced...
PJ would never get this kind of Pass...
Pop gets schooled by a Rookie Coach...AGAIN...SMH...

blahblahyoutoo
05-13-2016, 02:17 PM
1. PJ and pop are both overrated.
2. spurs didn't win because they don't have elite scorers like curry or durant/wb. it's an offensive driven league right now, like it or not.

05-13-2016, 02:37 PM
Anyone who thinks this is thread worthy...Ha

smith&wesson
05-13-2016, 03:15 PM
Lifelong LAfan living in San Antonio for the last 20 years or so...I have respect for the Spurs...When they do well, the City does well so it's hard to root against them...unless they play vs LAL...
So Phil Jackson's only detractors will say he always had 1 or 2 of the best players in the league and his teams were loaded...fair enough...I always say so did Doug Collins in Chicago and Dell Harris in LA...before Phil Jackson arrived to replace both of them...

But I digress...

and so if Gregg Popovich is going to be mentioned as one of the best ever...this is when he should rise above the rest...

I've had this discussion with some of my friends who are die-hard Spurs fans...

If The Spurs can not find a way to beat Golden State by year 2...this should rest squarely on Popovich's shoulders...

The Spurs are loaded from top to bottom...You can argue, they may have more overall proven talent than GSW...
Then you have a 2nd year coach...

I just don't see this happening to a Phil Jackson team...

Greg Popovich is never criticized for his coaching...and he is very stubborn in failure...
Last year he played Tony Parker on 1 leg instead of letting Pattie Mills take over...who has proven he can...and they lost because of it...
He has done this in the past with his big men...Dejuan Blair comes to mind several years ago...
refused to use him and they were ousted because they were outplayed in the front court by OKC...Splitter was not mobile enough...Blair had played great that year...why not give him a go???
When Phil and the Lakers were owning the Spurs, PJ used to get killed...
I think it's Pops turn to feel some heat...
If he has GOATish status as alot of you state....and I do believe he is very good...but Not on PJ's level...
I expect the Spurs to reach the Finals by way of GSW...No excuses...

He's human, he makes mistakes.. with that said, he is the best at what he does. Sure you can criticize him but he is the best coach in the league and its not even close.

Hawkeye15
05-13-2016, 03:30 PM
He's human, he makes mistakes.. with that said, he is the best at what he does. Sure you can criticize him but he is the best coach in the league and its not even close.

exactly right.

beasted86
05-14-2016, 10:16 AM
This question is more relevant than ever after that loss to OKC rather than GSW.

But nobody is going to hold Pop accountable for that loss.

europagnpilgrim
05-14-2016, 10:53 AM

6,000,000 JEWS

You ministers often repeat the Jew story that “Hitler killed 6 million Jews,” yet the 1939 World Almanac shows 15,688,259 Jews in the world and 9 years later the New York Times reported there where between 15,600,000 and 18,700,000 Jews! If Hitler killed 6 million, how come there were no less in 1948 than in 1939? The same sources report the Jews in Germany in 1938, PRIOR TO THE SUPPOSED KILLINGS, totaled only 550,000 (1/2 million!)

If Germans killed 38% of all Jews in the world, does that mean the 9,688,259 left had six to nine million children in the next 9 years? It takes normal populations 100 years to double – how come Jews did it in 9? AND THEN NEVER DID IT AGAIN? (Present world population of “Jews” is about the same as it was in 1948)

Why do you repeat this Jewish propaganda lie to your flock?

IndyRealist
05-14-2016, 10:58 AM
I think it's time to close this thread.

Pfeifer
05-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Wtf? Take it somewhere else. Its a basketball convo.

europagnpilgrim
05-14-2016, 11:54 AM
who would of thunk it that a basketball convo could also teach more, basketball topics are amazing, breaks down barriers

this is a basketball convo with names like Hitler and Trump and other propaganda jibberish being mentioned so I like to touch on it all every now and then, good food for thought, you do the dishes

truth hurts the weak
lies comfort the sheep

nastynice
05-14-2016, 02:05 PM
Whoa, **** got real, quick!

Rocco007
05-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Breaking News...
Popovich is Human...
That has to be the worst cop out ever in a Sports discussion...
The truth is...Pop is very stubborn about making adjustments on the fly when the pressure is on...and he gets no credit for having talent on his team...So there you have it...Poor Pop...is over achieving in SA...They add LaMarcus Aldridge, David West, Andre Miller and Kevin Martin to last year's roster...way to use those guys Pop...They have little experience in the playoffs I guess...SMH

:smoking: