PDA

View Full Version : Do you see Lebron leaving Cleveland again?

Tg11
04-17-2016, 03:38 PM
I wonder if you guys think LeBron will take his talents somewhere else and leave Cleveland again so shortly after coming back from Miami? If he does which teams could you see LeBron end up on?

Personally, I would love to see LeBron stay in Cleveland and why? Because not only is he from Cleveland being born and raised there but also when he came back he said he was never leaving again but we know how true LeBron is to his word

Sportsguy9695
04-17-2016, 04:00 PM
I would hate to see James leave Cleveland. but it wouldnt surprise me if he does leave.I love him playing in Cleveland since hes from there and that makes for a great story

Tg11
04-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Yes but he has left Cleveland before so don't be surprised if the hometown boy turns into a turncoat again and leaves yet again...if he could do it once what is to stop him from doing it again?

basketballkitty
04-17-2016, 04:04 PM
Lebron won't leave Cleveland again. He would ruin almost his whole legacy if he did. No. If things go bad in these playoffs, look for Lebron to try and facilitate trades of both Love ( Boston maybe )...and Irving. Taking back next to no salary, and try to convice Durant to sign there with him. Something like that.

Tg11
04-17-2016, 04:06 PM
I can't see Kyrie leaving maybe Love but until then out of all of the Cavs players I can see LeBron leaving especially if Cleveland don't win

JasonJohnHorn
04-17-2016, 04:27 PM
I feel like he left because he knew they weren't going to be in a position to win, but that he had every intention of returning. Once he got a couple rings under his belt, he returned home.

His goal, and he said this on draft day, is to win a championship in Cleveland. I think he will be putting every effort to do that.

If they don't win this year, it's not like they don't have the pieces to put something together. They have Kyrie, who they can use to trade for CP3 (that may or may not be likely), and CP3 is one of Bron's best friends. Love could be used to acquire Melo (that may or may not be likely as well). And they have the MLE and vet min to sign ring chasers, which is more than possible to do given that barring a big free agent move, they will have a clear path to the finals next year as they did last year and do this year (not that I mean to count chickens).

Also... though I expect Wade to retire in Miami, if he wanted to play for Cleveland, I think he could force a sign-and-trade that would at least give Miami a player and draft pick in return.

LBJ want to win and ensure his legacy. That's why he went to Miami. Running from Cleveland will not help his chances of winning, and will tarnish his legacy as he will be seen as a ring chaser.

The only teams he could go to that would improve his chances of winning are GSW and SAS.

Now, once he wins one in Cleveland, and his window is closing, I could easily see him jumping ship again, but only after he has a banner up in Cleveland, or he has at least given is an honest effort.

Sportsguy9695
04-17-2016, 04:29 PM
Yes but he has left Cleveland before so don't be surprised if the hometown boy turns into a turncoat again and leaves yet again...if he could do it once what is to stop him from doing it again?
I would love to see Durant play with James

ewing
04-17-2016, 05:03 PM
not this off season but he will bail on this team too

Scoots
04-17-2016, 05:47 PM
He COULD leave but I don't think he will.

LA_Raiders
04-17-2016, 07:08 PM
He won't leave, love or Kyrie will leave next year, and he will sign for less money so they can bring him more help.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 10:41 PM
He won't leave, love or Kyrie will leave next year, and he will sign for less money so they can bring him more help.

Yes on the first, doubt it on the 2nd.

Wade n Fade
04-17-2016, 10:51 PM
For sure, he is leaving. Cleveland isn't what he thought it would be and they're cap strapped. They don't have an Andy Ellsberg or someone who is a mastermind capologist. Irving and Love are mentally weak. Better opportunities lie ahead and it involves regrouping/retooling to take on the Warriors and Spurs.

prodigy
04-18-2016, 02:10 AM
another topic of this? wow

BKLYNpigeon
04-18-2016, 02:33 AM
I don't care about what Lebron does.

kobe4thewinbang
04-18-2016, 03:38 AM
He's not leaving until he wins a championship. For real this time.

GoferKing_
04-18-2016, 05:04 AM
Does anyone care about him? No respect for him.

Tony_Starks
04-18-2016, 11:16 AM
He's a great business man. He knows leaving again would do irreparable damage to his brand after that "coming home" spectacle.

Plus there's no need to leave. He has all stars and if he ever decides they're not to his liking they'll gladly ship them out for whoever he wants.

He's in the Kia drivers seat!

Big Zo
04-18-2016, 11:20 AM
He seems like he regrets his decision, and I wouldn't put it past him.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 11:24 AM
He's a great business man. He knows leaving again would do irreparable damage to his brand after that "coming home" spectacle.

Plus there's no need to leave. He has all stars and if he ever decides they're not to his liking they'll gladly ship them out for whoever he wants.

He's in the Kia drivers seat!

Well, he's in a no-win situation, tbh. It's his fault entirely but at the end of the day, I don't think it makes sense to blame him for what is happening with Love+Irving. LeBron is playing in what is the remaining 2-3 years of his excellence and there is no doubt that their window is closing in on them. Love isn't improving as much while Irving hasn't shown he is capable of leading a team. It's why LeBron is still handling the PG role and why when Delly+Irving are on the court together, Delly runs the plays. It's his fault for coming back to Cleveland in what is a no-win situation because no matter what he does (enforcing trades for the team), or leaves, he'll get blamed for it. Honestly, I don't think LeBron has to prove anything for this game anymore. My belief is that he is at a point of his career in which he is simply preparing his retirement already by further establishing his brand. Winning a ring in Cleveland is something he wants to do in a financial aspect more-so than for his career.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 11:26 AM

Yeah, there is no doubt staying in Miami would have been a better decision. I don't know how much of this Miami Heat team would be in-tact and maybe even Whiteside wouldn't have developed to be this type of player but wow:

CB
Wade
Whiteside
LeBron

That team is miles better than Love+Irving+James. He also has teammates he can trust.. if they also snag Joe Johnson like they did this season, I wouldn't put it past it that this team would have been the favorites.

Sly Guy
04-18-2016, 01:35 PM

I've kinda felt the same from him. He's on his teammates and coaches all the time, and they aren't always receptive. He's quit on plays when he's unhappy with his teammates' efforts, and the whole 'buddy buddy' thing with Wade in that blowout loss. Yeah, I think he regrets it, and there's a reasonably good possibility he changes location next season.

Sly Guy
04-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Yeah, there is no doubt staying in Miami would have been a better decision. I don't know how much of this Miami Heat team would be in-tact and maybe even Whiteside wouldn't have developed to be this type of player but wow:

CB
Wade
Whiteside
LeBron

That team is miles better than Love+Irving+James. He also has teammates he can trust.. if they also snag Joe Johnson like they did this season, I wouldn't put it past it that this team would have been the favorites.

would be scary, for sure. And tbh, I kinda miss hating on the heat fans....it was so fun back in tha day. Plus, you always had a media story for the finals cuz rightfully or not, they were always anointed as contenders. This year the east is nothing more than fodder.

naps
04-20-2016, 04:19 AM
Well, he's in a no-win situation, tbh. It's his fault entirely but at the end of the day, I don't think it makes sense to blame him for what is happening with Love+Irving. LeBron is playing in what is the remaining 2-3 years of his excellence and there is no doubt that their window is closing in on them. Love isn't improving as much while Irving hasn't shown he is capable of leading a team. It's why LeBron is still handling the PG role and why when Delly+Irving are on the court together, Delly runs the plays. It's his fault for coming back to Cleveland in what is a no-win situation because no matter what he does (enforcing trades for the team), or leaves, he'll get blamed for it. Honestly, I don't think LeBron has to prove anything for this game anymore. My belief is that he is at a point of his career in which he is simply preparing his retirement already by further establishing his brand. Winning a ring in Cleveland is something he wants to do in a financial aspect more-so than for his career.

Kyrie is not a PG. People think he is because of his size and great handles. He is a SG who is brilliant at creating for himself. He just doesnt know how to run a offense.

prodigy
04-20-2016, 05:06 AM

Because you are a Heat fan and clearly hate Cleveland and or the Cavs for whatever reason. I'm sure you know this because you are friends with LeBron and would clearly know if he's happy in Cleveland or not.

Munkeysuit
04-20-2016, 05:13 AM
Lebron isn't leaving Cleveland again ever! you are playing too much into his passion to win, everyone seems to think he HAS to win and he's desperate to do so, I don't think so...I feel like he know's what he's accomplish and at the end of the day he's content with it, he knows its unfair to burden so much on his shoulders and he clearly wants to surround himself with "like-minded" individuals.

Dade County
04-20-2016, 11:39 AM
I would love to see Durant play with James

With the Lakers... It might go down this off season.

ewing
04-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Yeah. He's a sell out

Big Zo
04-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Because you are a Heat fan and clearly hate Cleveland and or the Cavs for whatever reason. I'm sure you know this because you are friends with LeBron and would clearly know if he's happy in Cleveland or not.

Got his coach fired, doesn't get along with Kyrie, stopped following his own team on social media, travels down to Miami every chance he gets, etc. Yeah, it takes being a Heat fan to see he's not happy. : |

KnicksorBust
04-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Don't people realize why he left the first time? It's not like he wanted to leave Cleveland he just knew that team had no chance to win a title. Now he has Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. Those two alone are the two best non-miami teammates he has ever had and they are both young enough to go for multiple playoff runs. Play for Cleveland AND contend for a title? Why leave now?

Big Zo
04-20-2016, 01:26 PM
Don't people realize why he left the first time? It's not like he wanted to leave Cleveland he just knew that team had no chance to win a title. Now he has Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. Those two alone are the two best non-miami teammates he has ever had and they are both young enough to go for multiple playoff runs. Play for Cleveland AND contend for a title? Why leave now?

Because the Warriors and Spurs exist, and the current Cavs won't stand a chance against them, barring significant injury. Also, there were rumors of him joining the Heat years before it happened, so I doubt he would've stayed regardless if Cleveland had won or not.

Slug3
04-20-2016, 03:29 PM
I can't see Kyrie leaving maybe Love but until then out of all of the Cavs players I can see LeBron leaving especially if Cleveland don't win

If the Cavs don't win it and the Clippers don't get close I can see a Irving for Paul trade happening. Clippers will have to change it up and Lebron would want change as well and a friend on his team. I don't know id CP3 would be ok with going to the Cavs though. I could also see Love being traded as well.

Aust
04-20-2016, 03:38 PM
The problem I have with him leaving is that I can't think of a place he would go. I could see him having Love and Kyrie traded for other stars and trying for a better fit.

prodigy
04-21-2016, 03:24 AM
Got his coach fired, doesn't get along with Kyrie, stopped following his own team on social media, travels down to Miami every chance he gets, etc. Yeah, it takes being a Heat fan to see he's not happy. : |

Shoulder bumped Spo in Miami twice lol. what does him getting the coach fired have to do with him hating Cleveland? he wanted his buddy Lue as coach and the Cavs made him the highest paid assistant because they love him too.

this twitter crap again... every season around playoff time LeBron un follows people and accounts that pop up on his news feed to much. Called ''zero dark 23'' as he calls it. plus who cares lol.

first off I have no knowledge weather he does or doesn't go to Miami that much. If he does cool. Florida is warmer then Ohio I hear.

naps
04-21-2016, 03:40 AM
I dont see him leaving. I mean after writing that letter and proclaiming like the second coming of Jesus "I am coming home" how can he leave? But then again if anyone can turn his back on anything, it's LeBron. He will do what's best for himself and himself only. He absolutely and positively doesn't care about anything or anyone else.

every season around playoff time LeBron un follows people.

No he doesn't. He deactivates and logs out of all his social media accounts just so he doesnt have to read anything that appears on them but he never unfollowed people like he did this time around. Specially when it's your own team and team's reporters then it will make headlines. He knows better. None of these means **** though. Love him as a player but he is not a leader and just an individual who doesnt like seeing the spotlight elsewhere.

numba1CHANGsta
04-21-2016, 04:59 AM
LeBron can't leave he is stuck there forever.

Yanks All Day
04-21-2016, 08:44 AM
I know it's a really common narrative that the Cavs will make the Finals and then get crushed by the winner of the West, but if you've watched the last month, the Cavs have played the best basketball in the NBA. The key is that they've finally figured out that Kevin Love is actually a great post player. He creates havoc, and when he gets going, they're a really efficient offense. Kyrie's been getting it together offensively and LeBron has taken his game to the next level. Cleveland, when they play like this, can beat anyone in the NBA.

As for the "what ifs," I think someone only gets moved if they lose before the Finals. They're putting it together. They seem to like playing under Lue. Everything for them seems to be gelling at the right time. Last year, you saw the writing on the wall with Blatt's coaching and Kevin Love just standing on the 3 point line. They're not the same now. I expect this core will be together for many years, and the role players, if anything, will be the ones to chance. Mosgov, Mo Williams, etc. will be the guys moved around.

basketballkitty
04-21-2016, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Yanks All Day;30860865]I know it's a really common narrative that the Cavs will make the Finals and then get crushed by the winner of the West, but if you've watched the last month, the Cavs have played the best basketball in the NBA.

WTF ? The last month of the season ( Say since April 19th ) the Cavs are 8-6, and 5 of those wins are against non-playoff teams.

And you call that the BEST in the NBA ? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

ewing
04-21-2016, 10:51 AM
Yeah, he wont leave that'd be ****ed up. He is just going to get all his teammates traded every other year

KnicksorBust
04-21-2016, 11:31 AM
Because the Warriors and Spurs exist, and the current Cavs won't stand a chance against them, barring significant injury. Also, there were rumors of him joining the Heat years before it happened, so I doubt he would've stayed regardless if Cleveland had won or not.

They were 2 wins away without two all-stars in Kyrie and Love. wtf

72 Wins
04-21-2016, 11:33 AM
wtf ? The last month of the season ( say since april 19th ) the cavs are 8-6, and 5 of those wins are against non-playoff teams.

And you call that the best in the nba ? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

lol

72 Wins
04-21-2016, 11:35 AM
The Cavs and Lebron are in MUST win mode. They want to win now. If they don't win the chip this year, I think there needs to be some moves made. I would seriously consider trading Chris Paul for Kyrie. Maybe Love stays, maybe not...

Big Zo
04-21-2016, 12:18 PM
They were 2 wins away without two all-stars in Kyrie and Love. wtf

And that was last year...

prodigy
04-24-2016, 04:08 AM
[QUOTE=Yanks All Day;30860865]I know it's a really common narrative that the Cavs will make the Finals and then get crushed by the winner of the West, but if you've watched the last month, the Cavs have played the best basketball in the NBA.

WTF ? The last month of the season ( Say since April 19th ) the Cavs are 8-6, and 5 of those wins are against non-playoff teams.

And you call that the BEST in the NBA ? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Cavs have been resting players for a lot of that. But they have been playing really good ball lately. Love Has looked very good.