PDA

View Full Version : Thon Maker to become first player eligible to go straight from high school to draft

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 07:06 PM
http://usatodayhss.com/2016/reports-thon-maker-cleared-for-nba-draft

Unique situation though it could change the way things go moving forward

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 07:09 PM

Ehh. Not really. He graduated a year ago and could have been college eligible this past season. Stayed at the prep school because of his brother or something

IndyRealist
04-14-2016, 07:10 PM

I don't know how much it will change. It was a really unique situation.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 07:12 PM
I don't know how much it will change. It was a really unique situation.

But now guys don't have to go to college. They can go to camps, academies, or just train

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 07:13 PM
But now guys don't have to go to college. They can go to camps, academies, or just train
See Jennings and Mudiay. They went and got paid for a year

Scoots
04-14-2016, 09:15 PM

As Gibby said, they didn't have to college already.

DboneG
04-14-2016, 10:09 PM
Look at golf, tennis and hockey with these young professionals playing and making money. You come to basketball, they want to make all these rule changes. Stop it! These guys would go to college and play for four years if you paid them. College sports(basketball, football) is a big racket.

LanceUpperCut
04-14-2016, 10:12 PM
Where does Maker go in the draft?

IndyRealist
04-14-2016, 10:30 PM

The article pegs him late first. I think he goes late lottery.

Stunner
04-15-2016, 12:27 AM

Late 1st - 2nd round 、he's going to be a 3-4 year project

Scoots
04-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Look at golf, tennis and hockey with these young professionals playing and making money. You come to basketball, they want to make all these rule changes. Stop it! These guys would go to college and play for four years if you paid them. College sports(basketball, football) is a big racket.

They should pay them in college and do away with the draft.

IDunknown
04-17-2016, 04:30 AM
They should pay them in college and do away with the draft.

Then all the good players would only sign with a few teams.

numba1CHANGsta
04-17-2016, 06:02 AM
Too much hype on centers just ask the Sixers. Last center that's legit is Towns, before him was AD but he's more of a PF. Maker is your typical overrated draft pick

Scoots
04-17-2016, 07:49 AM
Then all the good players would only sign with a few teams.
The salary cap still exists and there could be limits on how many you can sign. Also players want to play so they will want to go where out will be best for them. But there is one thing I can guarantee ... Tanking will be over, and every team will be as good as they possibly can be.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

DboneG
04-17-2016, 08:38 AM
Doing away with the draft is not a bad idea. It needs to be studied quick and in a hurry. It would fix the tanking issue. But, we also know the NCAA Division I would be ruined....they definitely need a better system than the one that's in place right now. Pay the college players a stipend per game.

KnicksorBust
04-17-2016, 09:28 AM
See Jennings and Mudiay. They went and got paid for a year

Yep. I dont think people will follow in Thon's footsteps. Far more hs studs will continue to go to college or overseas.

IKnowHoops
04-17-2016, 07:09 PM
Doing away with the draft is not a bad idea. It needs to be studied quick and in a hurry. It would fix the tanking issue. But, we also know the NCAA Division I would be ruined....they definitely need a better system than the one that's in place right now. Pay the college players a stipend per game.

All they have to do is let them make money off there own autographs. Its there birth right. Its ridiculous that a player can't sign autographs for money.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 10:47 PM

If you limit each team to adding 2 rookies out of college (or hs) each year there will be plenty of people to return to college. Teams could add any other players they need from minor leagues. Also with the very low rookie contracts nowadays it's not like some teams will be able to outspend other teams.

TheNumber37
04-17-2016, 11:11 PM
He will be a poor man's Ibaka in 4 years