PDA

View Full Version : Wizards fire Wittman. Brooks the leading candidate?

j-bay
04-14-2016, 10:28 AM
@WojVerticalNBA

Wizards have informed Randy Wittman that he's been fired, league source tells @TheVertical.

@WojVerticalNBA

As @jorgeccastillo reports, Randy Wittman won't return to Wizards. Scott Brooks strong candidate to replace him, sources tell @TheVertical.

For KD. Still don't see it happening, but it improves the odds.

Vampirate
04-14-2016, 10:33 AM
This should have been done a year ago.

ewing
04-14-2016, 10:34 AM
If it Scottie a hope he is successful. He was such a well liked 12th man i'd to see him turn into a hated coach

Dade County
04-14-2016, 02:59 PM
A desperate shot to land KD...

Isnt going to work. I just hope the Wizards can get back on their feet and have a better season next year.

Scoots
04-14-2016, 03:50 PM
Coaches are both over-blamed and under-appreciated.

j-bay
04-17-2016, 11:07 AM
You know i've been thinking. If OKC gets eliminated 2nd round, and he decides he ain't winning in the west, why not Washington. There are no perfect teams in the east,(Don't say Miami, Heat fans.) he has Wall there who he is great friends with, he might be reunited with Brooks who he really likes, and its his hometown.

naps
04-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Not happening. He is has a better chance of coming to Miami than Washington. And I dont even think the chance of him coming to Miami is better than 2-5%. Why on earth he would go to Washington?

j-bay
04-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Not happening. He is has a better chance of coming to Miami than Washington. And I dont even think the chance of him coming to Miami is better than 2-5%. Why on earth he would go to Washington?

Ususally that would be the case. But
1. Its his hometown
2. Wall is like a brother. Might be one of his closest friends in the NBA besides Russ.
3. Washington has a **** load of money. Possibly the most avaliable in the NBA.

As for the Heat, they are getting old, well at least Bosh and Wade. They are huge injury risk.

j-bay
04-20-2016, 07:17 PM
Sources: Wizards offer head-coaching job to Scott Brooks

Washington Wizards general manager Ernie Grunfeld met with Scott Brooks on Wednesday in Southern California, offering him the franchise’s head-coaching job, league sources told The Vertical.

Brooks has been enthusiastic about reaching an agreement with the Wizards and could complete negotiations on a contract that will pay him in the range of $7 million a season, league sources told The Vertical.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--wizards-offer-head-coaching-job-to-scott-brooks-213807080.html

@ChrisMannixYS
Heard from multiple executives: Scott Brooks is an ideal coach for Wizards young roster. Why Washington pushing hard to get him.

DR_1
04-22-2016, 12:44 PM
A desperate shot to land KD...

Isnt going to work. I just hope the Wizards can get back on their feet and have a better season next year.

KD or no KD, I think this is a good hire. Brooks is a solid coach.

eDush
04-24-2016, 07:30 PM
I guess they prefer the isolation offensive schemes with this hire and with Wall ability to take his man one on one, he would approve as well :nod:

We shall see how it goes...

slaker619
04-24-2016, 07:50 PM
Brooks would be smart