PDA

View Full Version : Who Went Out Best? Kobe/Manning/Jeter

CubsBullsBucs
04-14-2016, 03:06 AM
Jeter went out with a walk off win, but Yankees just missed the playoffs.

Kobe went out with an incredible 60 point game and a Lakers win, but with the worst season in Lakers history.

Manning went out as the only 'winner' of the 3 with a Broncos superbowl, but had the worst individual final season/game of the 3.

With that being said, who do you think went out best?

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 03:19 AM
All were **** in their final years.... it has to be manning though and then kobe.

Quinnsanity
04-14-2016, 03:20 AM
Manning won a title so he gets it, but I'll remember Kobe's last game forever for what it's worth.

Phantom Dreamer
04-14-2016, 04:16 AM
Kobe easily. The Broncos may have won the Super Bowl, but Manning's individual performance was hardly historic or memorable.

ISIAH_THOMAS
04-14-2016, 04:33 AM
Manning got the title, but Kobe was the most entertaining for me

PowerHouse
04-14-2016, 08:13 AM
From those options? Probably Elway.

colinskik
04-14-2016, 09:31 AM
Jeter didn't wrap things up with a walk off win? I think he had an RBI single in his last AB of his career. It was in Boston, which added to the drama, but pretty mundane all in all.

I didn't get to watch Kobe last night, but I plan on taking it in this weekend. Can't believe he poured in 60. That's an incredible way to go out, and frankly not very surprising. I think if the Lakers had a better squad this year and the last several years, we would've seen a much better Kobe. He always rises to the occasion.

kdspurman
04-14-2016, 09:44 AM
David Robinson lol...

But probably Peyton, just cause he went out on top

BallDontLie
04-14-2016, 09:51 AM
Manning won the grand prize, there is no debate. However, I was very impressed with the way Kobe went out. Seriously, good for him.

IndyRealist
04-14-2016, 09:51 AM
No one goes out on top anymore. Careers end up judged by ring count, and most guys hold on too long hoping to get carried by young legs.

ewing
04-14-2016, 10:15 AM
No one goes out on top anymore. Careers end up judged by ring count, and most guys hold on too long hoping to get carried by young legs.

when did they? These guys love to play, they hold on as long as they can. Its always been that way with few exceptions and when someone pulls a Barry Sanders the city they played in wonders if he is coming back every year for a decade.

Captain Moroni
04-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Manning

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Kobe's will be the most memorable. Who would've thought the man would've dropped 60 in his final game

JasonJohnHorn
04-14-2016, 04:30 PM
Kareem and DRob.

5ass
04-14-2016, 04:34 PM
Duncan after he wins the chip this year.

IndyRealist
04-14-2016, 07:09 PM
when did they? These guys love to play, they hold on as long as they can. Its always been that way with few exceptions and when someone pulls a Barry Sanders the city they played in wonders if he is coming back every year for a decade.

Jordan did the first and second time. We all try to forget the Washington era. Though in retrospect he might have been the exception rather than the rule.

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Not even close.. Kobe here. Kobe meant more in the world of sports IMO because he was naturally a more polarizing figure. As respectable as Jeter is, he was never the type of player in the respective sport as Kobe was.

Anyone saying Manning has a point.. he did win.. but he knew it was over based off his performance. Kobe walked away proving a point while Manning had a terrible performance and his team carried him.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 10:54 PM
Manning was the only one of this group that wasn't terrible at the end. That's a no brainer for me.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 11:02 PM
Manning was the only one of this group that wasn't terrible at the end. That's a no brainer for me.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

What? He missed nearly 50% of their games.. and none of his games equates to Kobe's 60 pointer. His team carried him to the ring.

numba1CHANGsta
04-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Manning wasn't the reason why the Broncos won the SB, it was because of their defense. Kobe single handling won that game for the Lakers especially in the last couple of minutes of the game.

JordansBulls
04-15-2016, 12:12 AM
Kobe single handling won that game for the Lakers especially in the last couple of minutes of the game.

Is that even relevant if it was the worst season in Lakers history?

FlashBolt
04-15-2016, 12:23 AM
Is that even relevant if it was the worst season in Lakers history?

It's called the final game for a reason.. no one cares about that season. There was nothing a 37 year old SG could have done to boost that team.