PDA

View Full Version : 2016 WC Quarterfinals: Rockets (#8) vs Warriors (#1) GS Wins 4-1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

lol, please
04-14-2016, 01:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/philladelfigga/NBA/Rockets.gifVS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/philladelfigga/NBA/Warriors.gif

Game 1 (Oakland):
3:30 PM EST on ABC
Game 2 (Oakland):
10:30 PM EST on TNT
Game 3 (Houston):
9:30 PM EST on TNT
Game 4 (Houston):
3:30 PM EST on ABC
Game 5 (Oakland):
Game 6 (Houston):
Game 7 (Oakland):

Regular Season Series: GSW 4-0

ROARacle Arena, Oaktown

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/GSW_Vs_Utah.jpg/320px-GSW_Vs_Utah.jpg

Toyota Center, Houston

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Toyota_Center_inside.jpg

PROJECTED LINEUPS

The Dubs
http://goo.gl/VodlD6http://goo.gl/aNgnmJhttp://goo.gl/EyTdeYhttp://goo.gl/j6XPGThttp://goo.gl/r9m6mD

PTS/G: 114.8 (1st of 30) - Opp PTS/G: 104.1 (19th of 30)
SRS: 10.28 (2nd of 30)
Warriors regular season home record: 38-2
Warriors regular season away record: 34-7

Houston Rockets
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3964.png&w=350&h=254
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/3992.png&w=350&h=254
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2426.png&w=350&h=254
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2411.png&w=350&h=254
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/2384.png&w=350&h=254
PTS/G: 106.4 (4th of 30) - Opp PTS/G: 106.7 (26th of 30)
SRS: -0.04 (16th of 30)
Rockets regular season home record: 23-18
Rockets regular season away record: 18-23

Injury Update
Rockets: TBD

Warriors: TBD

lol, please' Key Matchups:

Klay vs Harden
mightybosstone vs tredigs

Thread goal: 1000.0 posts

https://static-ssl.businessinsider.com/image/553a3ac36da8110176860432/steph-curry-3-pointer.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/wSOSce6aOMEiA/giphy.gif

#FULLSQUAD

Wade n Fade
04-14-2016, 01:59 AM
Rematch of the 2015 WCFs, will be even more of a lopsided matchup this time around. Houston shouldn't even be in the 8th spot. Can we just advance the Warriors to round 2?

Aust
04-14-2016, 02:49 AM
End it quickly and gently (http://rs45.pbsrc.com/albums/f99/daisyseven1/animated_broom.gif~c200)

naps
04-14-2016, 03:36 AM
I say 5 games. Harden will go off and win them one game.

Real question is are the Rockets gonna keep freezing out Howard even in the playoffs? I mean they have been doing it by design for quite sometime now. No way he consistently doesn't get more than 8 shots a game, unless it was directed by their crazy gm.

Ariza's Better
04-14-2016, 06:10 AM
Can the rockets somehow give their playoff spot to the the Jazz so we can keep our first round pick? That would be great.
Also it goes to show that the West conference is overrated with the rockets somehow tripping into the playoffs.

Vampirate
04-14-2016, 08:14 AM
Can the rockets somehow give their playoff spot to the the Jazz so we can keep our first round pick? That would be great.
Also it goes to show that the West conference is overrated with the rockets somehow tripping into the playoffs.

No, it's just that most teams in the west that were contenders of years are fading. The West only matters in the top 4 now. Maybe top 3 depending on Durant. The Clippers need an upgrade for sure.

Now the East isn't a joke anymore and has better depth 1-8 but has no one near GSW and SAs level.

I legit don't think anyone in the East really has a chance to take down either SA or GSW as well.

Scoots
04-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Rockets are going to play fast and loose and didn't have Beverly last year. I think it will be an interesting series, but not a close series.

benzni
04-14-2016, 01:20 PM
Rockets are done, didnt deserve to make playoffs and are about to get beat in 4, maybe 5 games.

c.c.
04-14-2016, 02:51 PM
I think the Rockets will take it! Forget how ugly they been playing, forget how great the Warriors been playing, forget the seeding, forget forget forget, FORGET IT!!!!

It's playoff time!

lol, please
04-14-2016, 03:56 PM
Just added the actual start times and dates to the OP. :)

Hawkeye15
04-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Warriors in 5

Iron24th
04-14-2016, 04:03 PM
I think the Rockets will take it! Forget how ugly they been playing, forget how great the Warriors been playing, forget the seeding, forget forget forget, FORGET IT!!!!

It's playoff time!

Lol what a delusional fan you are.

You would be lucky to win one game.

lol, please
04-14-2016, 05:02 PM
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/columnists/solomon/article/Slim-odds-vs-Warriors-better-than-slim-odds-in-7247382.php#photo-9799480

"We feel we can go all the way," - Josh Smith

"Obviously, they're playing well, but we are too," - James Harden

DanG
04-14-2016, 05:10 PM
sweep

SensandRaps
04-14-2016, 07:46 PM
houston might take one due to harden but thats it

would need a monster series from howard to make this interesting

bucketss
04-14-2016, 07:55 PM
i will be shocked if its not a sweep.

Chronz
04-14-2016, 09:32 PM
When's the last time we got a wcf rematch in r1? How do those usually fair? I remember the Lakers crushing Portland one time

JasonJohnHorn
04-14-2016, 09:38 PM
The Rockets got destroyed by them last year. Given that the Rockets are worse, and the Warriors are better, I don't see anything other than injury or a lack of effort on the Warriors' part extending this series past 4 games. I also expect a wide margin of victory every game.

I mean... there is over a 30-win differential between these two teams.

goingfor28
04-14-2016, 09:47 PM
Warriors in 4. I'll be extremely surprised if Houston even wins 1 game.

DboneG
04-14-2016, 09:51 PM

It's playoff time!

I agree! James Harden has been after Steph Curry glory for a min. now. Here's his chance to take it. Dwhite Howard is looking for a max contract over the summer...if he plays well, he'll get one with no problem. They also have Patrick Beverley. 7 games. Who knows who win after that.

likemystylez
04-14-2016, 10:07 PM
Rematch of the 2015 WCFs, will be even more of a lopsided matchup this time around. Houston shouldn't even be in the 8th spot. Can we just advance the Warriors to round 2?

I actually wanted to pick warriors in 3, but it wasnt an available option

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 10:57 PM
The notion that the Warriors "destroyed" the Rockets last season in the playoffs is misleading.

First two games, Warriors won by 4 and 1, respectively. Those games were played at the Oracle and Rockets could have easily walked away with two wins heading to their home. Third game, Warriors win by 35, fourth game, Rockets win by 13, and fifth game, Warriors win by 14. Realistically, you can say Warriors only destroyed them once (if you say Warriors destroyed them with a 14 point win, only fair you suggest that Rockets destroyed the Warriors with a 13 point win). It was closer than most people seem to remember.

However, this season is also very different. Rockets aren't as good while the Warriors are multiplying-ly better. I think Rockets can snag two games but Warriors are clearly winning this.. Dwight needs to show up for this to even be close or else, Harden will have to put up 40 point efficient games.

likemystylez
04-14-2016, 11:23 PM
The notion that the Warriors "destroyed" the Rockets last season in the playoffs is misleading.

First two games, Warriors won by 4 and 1, respectively. Those games were played at the Oracle and Rockets could have easily walked away with two wins heading to their home. Third game, Warriors win by 35, fourth game, Rockets win by 13, and fifth game, Warriors win by 14. Realistically, you can say Warriors only destroyed them once (if you say Warriors destroyed them with a 14 point win, only fair you suggest that Rockets destroyed the Warriors with a 13 point win). It was closer than most people seem to remember.

However, this season is also very different. Rockets aren't as good while the Warriors are multiplying-ly better. I think Rockets can snag two games but Warriors are clearly winning this.. Dwight needs to show up for this to even be close or else, Harden will have to put up 40 point efficient games.

You also left out the part where the warriors have swept the rockets each of the last two regular seasons

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 11:30 PM
You also left out the part where the warriors have swept the rockets each of the last two regular seasons

And Bulls beat Cavs 3-1 last regular season.. doesn't mean a thing. Actual results in the playoffs is a proven fact. I didn't leave any part out that wasn't relevant. I'm talking about the playoffs here and the notion that the Warriors somehow "obliterated the Rockets" because it was a 4-1 series. Games can be close and still be a sweep.

Saddletramp
04-14-2016, 11:49 PM

I can't disagree with any of this. I was basically going to say the same thing when I heard the Rockets "got destroyed".

likemystylez
04-15-2016, 12:05 AM
And Bulls beat Cavs 3-1 last regular season.. doesn't mean a thing. Actual results in the playoffs is a proven fact. I didn't leave any part out that wasn't relevant. I'm talking about the playoffs here and the notion that the Warriors somehow "obliterated the Rockets" because it was a 4-1 series. Games can be close and still be a sweep.

ok then, playoffs included. without sugarcoating it and breaking apart each play of each game, 4-1 is a pretty lopsided conference finals. Yes, games can be competitive in a sweep but when one team is repeatedly finding a way to get it done down the stretch... thats significant.

Only way the rockets have a chance is if the warriors have a bad game. if warriors bring their A game and rockets bring their A game, the rockets just arent in their league, and they havent been for a few yrs now.

FlashBolt
04-15-2016, 12:17 AM
ok then, playoffs included. without sugarcoating it and breaking apart each play of each game, 4-1 is a pretty lopsided conference finals. Yes, games can be competitive in a sweep but when one team is repeatedly finding a way to get it done down the stretch... thats significant.

Only way the rockets have a chance is if the warriors have a bad game. if warriors bring their A game and rockets bring their A game, the rockets just arent in their league, and they havent been for a few yrs now.

Wait, what? That doesn't quite make any sense. A close game is a close game.. usually the team that finds a way to get it done down the stretch is simply that, they found a way to get it down the stretch.. they must have or else they wouldn't be winning the series. There's nothing wrong with getting swept under proper context.. Rockets weren't destroyed here. Rockets lost 1-4 vs the Warriors; same as Heat lost to the Spurs in 2014 1-4.. Except, Spurs DESTROYED Miami the entire way. Warriors did not. Same amount of games but Spurs were beating the Heat by nearly 20 points in each of those four wins.

As for your last point, I won't disagree with that statement at all. I just think the Rockets can steal a game or two quite easily. If Harden can have 2/6 amazing games (which is completely plausible), and Curry struggles tremendously in those same games (which again, is plausible), it's not out of reach to say Rockets can win those games... it's how Cavs won two games despite an evidently unmatched team.

Scoots
04-15-2016, 12:35 AM
Let's take a car race and the objective is to be the first car to finish 4 laps ... if one car gets to 4 and the other car finished just 1 it is not a close race ... It doesn't matter how fast or slow each lap is run, what matters is the number of laps.

The Pelicans were swept thus they were dominated ... the Warriors outscored the Pels by 32 points for the series. The Rockets were outscored by 41. The series were similar.

All that said, it's mostly just devil's advocate. I think this series will be competitive.

FlashBolt
04-15-2016, 01:02 AM
Let's take a car race and the objective is to be the first car to finish 4 laps ... if one car gets to 4 and the other car finished just 1 it is not a close race ... It doesn't matter how fast or slow each lap is run, what matters is the number of laps.

The Pelicans were swept thus they were dominated ... the Warriors outscored the Pels by 32 points for the series. The Rockets were outscored by 41. The series were similar.

All that said, it's mostly just devil's advocate. I think this series will be competitive.

Can we use context here, please? Your analogy with the car is stupid because it packs in laps with games won.. How does that even make sense? Warriors outscored Rockets by 41.. because one game they beat them by 36. Take that game out, they outscored the Rockets by five points -- which I said is the reason it's misleading. Let's say the Warriors beat the Spurs 4-0 but each of those wins were by 1 point. Yeah, Warriors sure "destroyed" the Spurs. Context, please.

ewing
04-15-2016, 08:42 AM
Warriors in 6. I see them having a little let down in the 1st round but not enough for the Rockets to really scare them.

Vampirate
04-15-2016, 10:54 AM
The worst defense in the playoffs has to try and stop the best offense in the playoffs, Houston has no chance in this series lol.

Scoots
04-15-2016, 11:11 AM
Can we use context here, please? Your analogy with the car is stupid because it packs in laps with games won.. How does that even make sense? Warriors outscored Rockets by 41.. because one game they beat them by 36. Take that game out, they outscored the Rockets by five points -- which I said is the reason it's misleading. Let's say the Warriors beat the Spurs 4-0 but each of those wins were by 1 point. Yeah, Warriors sure "destroyed" the Spurs. Context, please.

My point was that in the context of games the Rockets were clearly handled, and games won is what the race is about, not points scored. Fans like to make themselves feel better by saying "but if ..." and convincing themselves that they were somehow robbed of a game here or a game there, but it doesn't matter, it's the first team to 4 wins. Cavs fans keep saying "we pushed the Warriors to 6 games in the finals" ... but really that means they only won half as many games as they needed to win. I'm not arrogant about the Warriors, I'm an NBA fan and a Warriors fan and that's just the most recent example, and what matters, particularly with time, is wins and losses.

Also, the regular season DOES matter. It doesn't decide anything but it does imply a trend. In 2007 the Warriors beat the Mavs in the regular season and then did it again in the playoffs even though that Mavs team was clearly much better. They just matched up poorly with the Warriors as evidenced by the regular season record and then the playoffs proved it out.

ManningToTyree
04-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Sweeeep

Jarvo
04-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Warriors in 6, I'm not a fan of Harden or Dwight but they're going to play like theirs nothing to lose and why not just give them one extra game to win lol

Sadds The Gr8
04-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Warriors in 2

FlashBolt
04-15-2016, 02:17 PM
My point was that in the context of games the Rockets were clearly handled, and games won is what the race is about, not points scored. Fans like to make themselves feel better by saying "but if ..." and convincing themselves that they were somehow robbed of a game here or a game there, but it doesn't matter, it's the first team to 4 wins. Cavs fans keep saying "we pushed the Warriors to 6 games in the finals" ... but really that means they only won half as many games as they needed to win. I'm not arrogant about the Warriors, I'm an NBA fan and a Warriors fan and that's just the most recent example, and what matters, particularly with time, is wins and losses.

Also, the regular season DOES matter. It doesn't decide anything but it does imply a trend. In 2007 the Warriors beat the Mavs in the regular season and then did it again in the playoffs even though that Mavs team was clearly much better. They just matched up poorly with the Warriors as evidenced by the regular season record and then the playoffs proved it out.

Regular season does matter but we can play this scenario in many ways. So that leads me to question just how much you guys are putting into this. Bulls beat Cavs 3-1 in the regular season but Cavs beat them 4-2 in the playoffs. Lakers in 05-06 lost to the Suns 1-3 in the regular season but the series went to 7 games. Fans like to make themselves feel better by saying "but if..."? Dude, do I seem like a Rockets fan to you? I'm calling it like it is. A series sweep doesn't mean it was an easy series... A close game is a close game. A series is compiled of multiple games. But I remember.. you're just being the same old stubborn guy. Spurs destroyed the Heat in 2014. Warriors did not destroy the Rockets in 2015. They frickin won the first two games by 4 and 1, respectively... Which part of that is difficult to see?

Scoots
04-15-2016, 04:07 PM
Regular season does matter but we can play this scenario in many ways. So that leads me to question just how much you guys are putting into this. Bulls beat Cavs 3-1 in the regular season but Cavs beat them 4-2 in the playoffs. Lakers in 05-06 lost to the Suns 1-3 in the regular season but the series went to 7 games. Fans like to make themselves feel better by saying "but if..."? Dude, do I seem like a Rockets fan to you? I'm calling it like it is. A series sweep doesn't mean it was an easy series... A close game is a close game. A series is compiled of multiple games. But I remember.. you're just being the same old stubborn guy. Spurs destroyed the Heat in 2014. Warriors did not destroy the Rockets in 2015. They frickin won the first two games by 4 and 1, respectively... Which part of that is difficult to see?

I didn't say the Rockets were "destroyed".
I didn't say you were a Rockets fan.
I didn't say that some of the games were not close.

I merely said another way of looking at it is to look at the series results rather than the scores for individual games.

The regular season does tend to portend what will happen in the playoffs all things being equal. When one team has significant differences in the available roster then the regular season results mean less. You said the regular season results don't matter, I was pointing out that the do suggest a trend. So while a win in a regular season series guarantees nothing, it does imply something.

lol, please
04-15-2016, 05:07 PM

I have to side with you on this one.

Two teams can sweep two opponents but one team barely scrapes by and the other blows their opponent out every game; those two series wins are equal in result, but not in development. And that matters, when comparing teams, because to turn a blind eye to context and say "X team won that's all that matters" is short sighted and foolish, because all that does is acknowledge a fact and when making projections or assessing future matchups, how a team won and details about the opponent (injuries, etc) matters.

I get into this with fellow boxing fans all the time. Guys want to brag about no losses and a good resume on paper but it isn't just who you beat its how you beat them, and when you beat them. Beating a prime elite fighter on a win streak isn't the same as beating the same guy in the twighlight of his career coming off of back to back losses. Maybe not the best example but the first that came to mind.

Chronz
04-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Point differential matters. Winning matters. I've seen 7 game series that weren't competitive and I've seen very competitive sweeps. They both still say something about you and sometimes winning and losing does come down to very random or lucky plays. It's a make or miss league for a reason.

I got no dog I this fight but you both citing isolated incidents doesn't really hint at much but looking at the raw historical data revealed no correlation between the rs h2h match up and the playoffs iirc. That was a long time ago tho. Still, I wouldn't expect the few teams to have defeated the dubs to be the ones with the best chance in a series (save for the spurs)

Chronz
04-15-2016, 05:44 PM

Two teams can sweep two opponents but one team barely scrapes by and the other blows their opponent out every game; those two series wins are equal in result, but not in development. And that matters, when comparing teams, because to turn a blind eye to context and say "X team won that's all that matters" is short sighted and foolish, because all that does is acknowledge a fact and when making projections or assessing future matchups, how a team won and details about the opponent (injuries, etc) matters.

I get into this with fellow boxing fans all the time. Guys want to brag about no losses and a good resume on paper but it isn't just who you beat its how you beat them, and when you beat them. Beating a prime elite fighter on a win streak isn't the same as beating the same guy in the twighlight of his career coming off of back to back losses. Maybe not the best example but the first that came to mind.

Best post I've ever seen from you.

There's a reason we track Point differential and why coaches and gms alike stress its importance. Why the stats suggest it tells you more about a team than actual wins and losses. The Spurs for instance, have a history of defeating teams with inferior efficiency but superior records.

DR_1
04-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Rockets in 1

Scoots
04-15-2016, 07:09 PM

Do you know who won the title in 96? Of course you do, it's the Bulls. That is determined by the Bulls winning 4 games before the other team could do it. You probably don't know what the point differential in those games was though. So what matters most is the first to 4 wins, after that is how many games the loser won, well down from that is the scores in those games and the total differential. History tends to strip away the less important data.

Scoots
04-15-2016, 07:11 PM
I've seen 7 game series that weren't competitive

I don't think I've ever seen a series go 7 games and not be competitive ... I've seen games in a 7 game series that were not competitive, but not a full 7 game series.

CHANGO
04-15-2016, 07:12 PM

I agree with FlashBolt here, I mean, it's not that hard to understand what he's saying, which is true.

BUT, I do think that THIS Warriors team will destroy THIS Rockets team. :D

Warriors in 4, 5 if they don't come to play.

CHANGO
04-15-2016, 07:15 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a series go 7 games and not be competitive ... I've seen games in a 7 game series that were not competitive, but not a full 7 game series.

LMAO, two teams can play 7 games where A team beats B team by 15, 25, 30 and 35 and the B team beats the A by 18, 29 and 30. That isn't a competitive series. Yes it went to 7 games, yes history will remember it as a 7 game competitive series, but reality and context will tell us that it wasn't. Simple as that man.

Chronz
04-15-2016, 07:41 PM
LMAO, two teams can play 7 games where A team beats B team by 15, 25, 30 and 35 and the B team beats the A by 18, 29 and 30. That isn't a competitive series. Yes it went to 7 games, yes history will remember it as a 7 game competitive series, but reality and context will tell us that it wasn't. Simple as that man.
That would be more competitive than seeing one team win big and barely lose like the eventual champion Celtics vs the sub.500 Hawks series . cuz at least then it's 2 teams exchanging heymakers but that series was so one sided compared to say the Suns vs Spurs thriller in r1 where every game was contested

Chronz
04-15-2016, 07:44 PM
If the games weren't competitive it most definitely factors into the overall competitiveness of the series. The reasons for this are explained in the rest of that post

CHANGO
04-15-2016, 08:26 PM
That would be more competitive than seeing one team win big and barely lose like the eventual champion Celtics vs the sub.500 Hawks series . cuz at least then it's 2 teams exchanging heymakers but that series was so one sided compared to say the Suns vs Spurs thriller in r1 where every game was contested

Now that I remember, a 7 game series that wasn't THAT competitive was the 2013 NBA Finals with my HEAT beating the Spurs.

Game 1 - Spurs by 4
Game 2 - HEAT by 19
Game 3 - Spurs by 36
Game 4 - HEAT by 16
Game 5 - Spurs by 10
Game 6 - HEAT by 3 (Ray Ray's miracle)
Game 7 - HEAT by 7

Only 3 games were competitive.

Scoots
04-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Now that I remember, a 7 game series that wasn't THAT competitive was the 2013 NBA Finals with my HEAT beating the Spurs.

Game 1 - Spurs by 4
Game 2 - HEAT by 19
Game 3 - Spurs by 36
Game 4 - HEAT by 16
Game 5 - Spurs by 10
Game 7 - HEAT by 7

So, a competitive 7 game series. I don't think I've ever seen 7 blowouts in a series. But I may have just missed it.

eDush
04-15-2016, 09:10 PM

Is that why you are hoping this series doesn't go 6 games implying we might take plays off like you generally do? This series will be a cakewalk, trust me on this :nod:

CHANGO
04-15-2016, 11:12 PM
So, a competitive 7 game series. I don't think I've ever seen 7 blowouts in a series. But I may have just missed it.

I'm not debating that. I was just adding to FlashBolt's comments. A series can be a sweep or a 7 game series but it doesn't mean that the sweep was complete dominance and the 7 game series was competitive. That's when context comes in.

kobe4thewinbang
04-15-2016, 11:18 PM
So, guys: does Dwight score more than 50 for the whole series?

ewing
04-15-2016, 11:30 PM
So, guys: does Dwight score more than 50 for the whole series?

yes

goingfor28
04-16-2016, 01:31 AM

Game 1 - Spurs by 4
Game 2 - HEAT by 19
Game 3 - Spurs by 36
Game 4 - HEAT by 16
Game 5 - Spurs by 10
Game 7 - HEAT by 7

Heat. Calm down.

SPURS

jason
04-16-2016, 02:44 AM
As for your last point, I won't disagree with that statement at all. I just think the Rockets can steal a game or two quite easily. If Harden can have 2/6 amazing games (which is completely plausible), and Curry struggles tremendously in those same games (which again, is plausible), it's not out of reach to say Rockets can win those games... it's how Cavs won two games despite an evidently unmatched team.

The only part I question is how you said the Rockets can easily steal two games.. They only got one last year and the Warriors got better where the Rockets got worse. The Cavs didn't easily win two games.. They were close difficult wins

eDush
04-16-2016, 03:21 AM
^ +1 The Rockets will easily lose every game :clap:

CHANGO
04-16-2016, 12:06 PM
heat. Calm down.

Spurs

heat!

Scoots
04-16-2016, 12:10 PM
The only part I question is how you said the Rockets can easily steal two games.. They only got one last year and the Warriors got better where the Rockets got worse. The Cavs didn't easily win two games.. They were close difficult wins

The Rockets add Beverly, Motie, Beasley, McDaniels, and Capella is much more experienced. They played worse, but they are much more talented.

Chronz
04-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Count me among those expecting a fight and the subsequent return of Rox fans

c.c.
04-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Return?!

Chronz
04-16-2016, 02:19 PM
Return?!
Yes good. Summon your brethren

krazylegz
04-16-2016, 02:45 PM
unless steph,klay,or draymond rip an acl or other major injury....dubs win in 4

beasted86
04-16-2016, 03:46 PM
I legitimately wonder if the NBA encourages the refs to ignore the moving screens the Warriors set?

It's like they need this story line to run on or something.

valade16
04-16-2016, 03:46 PM
That was game. Rockets had a chance to jump out to a lead and blew every single possession. If you can't capitalize when the Warriors aren't playing as well as they normally do you have zero chance.

Vampirate
04-16-2016, 03:52 PM
Warriors are kinda starting out cold right now.

eDush
04-16-2016, 03:54 PM
That was game. Rockets had a chance to jump out to a lead and blew every single possession. If you can't capitalize when the Warriors aren't playing as well as they normally do you have zero chance.

Indeed, they are a misguided bunch of misfits coached by a mouth piece for the players. If they don't want to play D, no problem nor any argument. This series is over before it started as we will sweeeeeeeeep :clap:

Houston, you got a problem!!!

lol, please
04-16-2016, 03:59 PM
What a game!!

It's still early though.

valade16
04-16-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm also glad to see Harden isn't getting any of those BS 'look for the foul' calls on his drives.

TrueFan420
04-16-2016, 04:06 PM
We got this

lol, please
04-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Beverley is going to get ejected putting his hands on Curry like that :pity: stay classy Screwston

ThunderRoad75
04-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Awesome 1st Quarter !! DDD

lol, please
04-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Wow. That was a great commercial for Kobe. I really liked that. I don't say that often about commercials.

beasted86
04-16-2016, 04:15 PM
Rockets got their lunch money stole and pushed in the dirt in that first quarter.

basch152
04-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Wow. That was a great commercial for Kobe. I really liked that. I don't say that often about commercials.

Sheeeeeeeed

lol, please
04-16-2016, 04:26 PM
Barbosa is wet!!!!

lol, please
OMG what a block by Bogut!!! :faint:

TrueFan420
That defense tho

lol, please
04-16-2016, 04:27 PM
Dang, Howard sent Green away like a child :laugh2: sucked, but was funny.

lol, please
04-16-2016, 04:35 PM
Curry on fire!!!!! Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:cheer:

valade16
04-16-2016, 04:36 PM
I will say this, even though there is no way the Rockets are ever going to beat the Warriors these refs are more pro-Warriors than the crowd lol.

Htownballa1622
04-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Warriors are already clearly superior to every team. When they get the zebras on their jocks too?!

beasted86
04-16-2016, 04:37 PM
It's gotta be frustrating the way that the refs are calling the moving screens in this game for Rockets fans

Htownballa1622
04-16-2016, 04:38 PM
I mean, my squad is full of a bunch of dumb players and such but thereshe no chance when illegal screens don't even matter .

lol, please
04-16-2016, 04:41 PM
Almost 30 up now. Tall task for the Rockets but not impossible. It's only a matter of time before the refs move Harden's new mailing address to the line.

lol, please
04-16-2016, 04:42 PM
I will say this, even though there is no way the Rockets are ever going to beat the Warriors these refs are more pro-Warriors than the crowd lol.

If we are going to be responsible, i.e. objective about it, that's just not true at all.

valade16
04-16-2016, 04:46 PM
If we are going to be responsible, i.e. objective about it, that's just not true at all.

You are the LAST person I would go to for objectivity about the Warriors :laugh2:

These refs' salaries should count towards the Warriors salary cap. JVG has pointed out both the moving screens GS has got away with and the Rockets got called on and he mentioned how different they refs are calling this game.

It's ok, the Dubs are better and they're going to win, but the refs helping them so much is making this game poop.

shep33
04-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Beatdown

SteBO
04-16-2016, 04:50 PM
I just watched Bogut and Green get away with every moving screen in the book, while the refs called about every borderline moving screen on Houston. It's gotta be maddening.

lol, please
04-16-2016, 04:51 PM
You are the LAST person I would go to for objectivity about the Warriors :laugh2:

These refs' salaries should count towards the Warriors salary cap. JVG has pointed out both the moving screens GS has got away with and the Rockets got called on and he mentioned how different they refs are calling this game.

It's ok, the Dubs are better and they're going to win, but the refs helping them so much is making this game poop.

The comments he made about the game being called differently was in reference to the playoffs being called differently in general, such as more physical play is generally allowed, for example.

I saw two questionable screen calls in the 1st quarter, but I think people are exaggerating here severely. There are many games in which the refs are blatantly biased or have been paid off but I wouldn't label this game as one of them. :confused:

Allphakenny1
04-16-2016, 04:59 PM
I legitimately wonder if the NBA encourages the refs to ignore the moving screens the Warriors set?

They really do not need to ignore moving screens for the Warriors to win. They could easily call them and then call all the fouls they have been ignoring all season when Warrior players drive to the hoop and that would more than make up for it. Imagine Curry shooting all those free throws each game at the percentage he shoots them. It would more than benefit the Warriors than hurt them.

basch152
04-16-2016, 05:18 PM
What is with klays shoulder? Did i miss something?

Looks like he got cut.

SteBO
04-16-2016, 05:24 PM
Hope Currys alright....I noticed he tweaked it earlier.

lol, please
04-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Barbosa :love:

Scoots
04-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Gotta say the Beverly inspired scuffling and testiness was entirely predicted and expected. The rest not so much.

Scoots
04-16-2016, 05:50 PM
Warriors should only play players who don't have 10 points yet. Be the first team to have 8 players score in double digits in a playoff game (don't know if that's a record at all) :)

I don't know if this game will have any effect on either team for next game. If Curry could go if needed now then I suspect game 2 will be no problem.

lol, please
04-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Nice feed inside to Barnes!

valade16
04-16-2016, 05:53 PM
The Warriors passing is so freakin' good.

lol, please
04-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Klay is wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumpy:

valade16
04-16-2016, 05:55 PM
Green throwin' Monty down. No need for that.

lol, please
04-16-2016, 05:56 PM
This series went from chippy to red hot, and it's only game one. Expect the Rockets to come out swinging game 2.

goingfor28
04-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Hopefully Beverly gives Currys knee the treatment he gave Westbrooks that time in game 2

valade16
04-16-2016, 06:01 PM
I feel bad the Warriors have to play 3 more games in this series. They should just get to go to the next round. Rockets suck.

lol, please
04-16-2016, 06:02 PM
Hopefully Beverly gives Currys knee the treatment he gave Westbrooks that time in game 2

:pity:

Aust
04-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Not surprising. I'm expecting 3 more of these.

lol, please
04-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Good game Rox fans. I know this series is far from over.

More-Than-Most
04-16-2016, 06:18 PM
Losing isnt the issue here.... how the rockets lost is disgraceful.... honestly they should really get rid of harden/howard asap because the way they acted on the court in this game was so beyond pathetic.... They wanted every single call and they did deserve some but when it didnt go their way they sat there like children instead of getting back on defense and the effort from these 2 on the defensive side as usual is laughable... harden gets picked by curry and basically walks back in a 2 on 1 and doesnt even try to stop iggy... the warriors are great but the rockets 2 biggest stars phoned it in before the game even started and that is disrespectful to their fanbase/teammates and the sport... I was so let down by this because i thought it was going to be a fun game to watch.

c.c.
04-16-2016, 06:18 PM
I still say the Rockets will win the series!
🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Scoots
04-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Kerr says Curry questionable for game 2.

ewing
04-16-2016, 06:42 PM
well, they didn't look flat at all. i change my vote to sweep

Allphakenny1
04-16-2016, 07:20 PM

You are a sad, pathetic individual!

CHANGO
04-16-2016, 07:44 PM

I mean, it's amazing how many moving screens they set per game, but it's more amazing how everybody just ignores it. It's as if they were already used to the screens. Nobody complains, nobody says anything. Today was clearly horrendous officiating on that first half.

I'm getting tired of this ****, honestly.

CHANGO
04-16-2016, 07:46 PM
BTW, it's not like with a fair officiating the Rockets would win but man, it's annoying to watch Bogut set those moving screens.

Rockets really need a lesson on how to run 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 fastbreaks, what a joke! :laugh:

Scoots
04-16-2016, 07:46 PM
I mean, it's amazing how many moving screens they set per game, but it's more amazing how everybody just ignores it. It's as if they were already used to the screens. Nobody complains, nobody says anything. Today was clearly horrendous officiating on that first half.

I'm getting tired of this ****, honestly.

Yeah, the Warriors are good at that.

CHANGO
04-16-2016, 07:49 PM
Yeah, the Warriors are good at that.

Yeah, that's a great way to win championships. :)

Kush McDaniels
04-16-2016, 08:05 PM
those screens looked like the ones Kobe was getting the other night

Scoots
04-16-2016, 08:08 PM
Yeah, that's a great way to win championships. :)

Won't be the first time :)

These things go in waves, but the missed calls all over the game with the rise of pace and space and the expansion of the floor makes me certain the NBA should go to 4 refs. That would put 2 more eyes up top to see what is happening with the other players around the shooter. Right now the back ref has to be watching Curry and Thompson because they are likely to shoot and a shooter is a priority, while the other 2 refs are on the baseline and on the opposite sideline. 4 refs divide up the things each ref has to watch and cuts down on how much they have to run in a game which means they will not be behind so many plays.

Scoots
04-16-2016, 08:08 PM
those screens looked like the ones Kobe was getting the other night

NOBODY gets away with screens like that except Kobe in his last game.

Ariza's Better
04-16-2016, 08:15 PM
Honestly if warriors win a game by less than 20 points to this rockets team they should be embarrassed as a team.

likemystylez
04-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Honestly if warriors win a game by less than 20 points to this rockets team they should be embarrassed as a team.

kerr might rest curry.... which i think is a mistake.

anything less than a paul george level injury during the playoffs needs to be managed by the training staff and shouldnt result in any missed playing time.

More-Than-Most
04-16-2016, 08:33 PM
Its really hard to fault the officiating for a team like the rockets when they are the ones use to getting all the calls but yes the officiating was disgusting and has been for a while.

sf-fanatic
04-16-2016, 09:24 PM
Why is everyone complaining about the Warriors moving screens (and Bogut and Green being dirty), but also using it as a knock against them ?

First, people say the Warriors should be called for a lot more moving screens. And the Warriors won't be able to keep up with the physical level of of the 96 Bulls ? Can't have it both ways. I'd like to see a Green and Rodman matchup in old style rules.

FlashBolt
04-16-2016, 10:17 PM
Harden+Howard are a disgrace to basketball and the definition of superstar status. I have to question Harden's ability as an NBA player now and you Rockets fan can hate me all you want. This guy is NOT a top ten player. He consistently fails to show up in the playoffs when it matters. He has great offensive ability but only in the regular season. Today, he had zero FT attempts (I think the officiating was incredibly biased but what do you expect playing against the Warriors at the Oracle?) and it felt as if he was a lost puppy. I couldn't tell whether or not he was even in the game because he was that useless. The superstar and premier SG couldn't even score any points the second/fourth quarter to lift his team up. Howard plays with zero intensity and has to go. Curry frickin sat for more than half the game and it was the perfect opportunity for the Rockets to come in and take this one... with Curry being questionable for Monday, it would have been serious pressure for the Warriors to play Curry. I feel bad for Beasley and that tells you all you need to know about that... Beasley was the only one who played with any effort.

mightybosstone
04-16-2016, 10:33 PM
I didn't want any part of this series or the playoffs at all, for that matter. This has been an absolute abortion of a season, and I really just wanted them to tank down the stretch, let the season mercifully die and at least get a draft pick out of it. Now this team is going to get embarrassed on national television in what will undoubtedly be a brutal sweep. But if there's a silver lining in this, at least the Rockets did me a favor and killed any optimism I had about this series pretty much in the first 15 minutes. In a lifetime of disappointing seasons by my favorite teams, this one might take the cake as the single most disappointing.

On a side note, I've basically quit PSD for the most part (the Rockets season certainly didn't help, but it's a conscious decision I made a while back), but I'm glad that to see nothing has changed in the months I've been gone. Lol, please is still filling up every game thread with "[Insert player here] is wet!" posts. Never change dude. Never change.

Scoots
04-16-2016, 10:34 PM
kerr might rest curry.... which i think is a mistake.

anything less than a paul george level injury during the playoffs needs to be managed by the training staff and shouldnt result in any missed playing time.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Vee-Rex
04-16-2016, 11:17 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Oh come on, unless someone becomes an amputee he needs to be out on that court!

lol, please
04-16-2016, 11:32 PM
I didn't want any part of this series or the playoffs at all, for that matter. This has been an absolute abortion of a season, and I really just wanted them to tank down the stretch, let the season mercifully die and at least get a draft pick out of it. Now this team is going to get embarrassed on national television in what will undoubtedly be a brutal sweep. But if there's a silver lining in this, at least the Rockets did me a favor and killed any optimism I had about this series pretty much in the first 15 minutes. In a lifetime of disappointing seasons by my favorite teams, this one might take the cake as the single most disappointing.

On a side note, I've basically quit PSD for the most part (the Rockets season certainly didn't help, but it's a conscious decision I made a while back), but I'm glad that to see nothing has changed in the months I've been gone. Lol, please is still filling up every game thread with "[Insert player here] is wet!" posts. Never change dude. Never change.

Lighten up bosstone, it's the playoffs man.

I really expect the Rockets to play hard game 2 and in Houston, yes, they were down by 20+ most of the game and yes, there were costly mistakes and the Dubs played great defense, but imo they were also noticably frustrated and Harden said before the game that their team believes they can take this series, and a team that has nothing to lose can't be taken lightly.

Is it going to be a sweep? Who knows. But I do expect every game to be close from here on out. Rockets just aren't going to roll over.

likemystylez
04-16-2016, 11:50 PM
Lighten up bosstone, it's the playoffs man.

I really expect the Rockets to play hard game 2 and in Houston, yes, they were down by 20+ most of the game and yes, there were costly mistakes and the Dubs played great defense, but imo they were also noticably frustrated and Harden said before the game that their team believes they can take this series, and a team that has nothing to lose can't be taken lightly.

Is it going to be a sweep? Who knows. But I do expect every game to be close from here on out. Rockets just aren't going to roll over.

I wonder what harden said after the game?

G_S_W
04-16-2016, 11:53 PM
Pretty much a dream match up for the dubs and their fans.

You figure the rox get crushed every game, regular season and playoffs.

Plus, the rox lose out on a lottery pick, even if it's the very last lottery pick. It just deprives maury of his chance to mentally masturbate about how to move up in the lottery.

Win win all around. I'm surprised rockets fans even bother to post.

likemystylez
04-16-2016, 11:54 PM
Oh come on, unless someone becomes an amputee he needs to be out on that court!

well a player switching directions while inbounding the play is not something that would keep any other player in the league out of a playoff game. the training staff should be able to figure that out.

the fact that the warriors didnt request an mri or any xrays kinda tells you that even they dont think its serious

G_S_W
04-16-2016, 11:56 PM

Translation: "the rockets suck. I only post when they're winning." Fair weather fandom at it's finest.

likemystylez
04-16-2016, 11:56 PM
Pretty much a dream match up for the dubs and their fans.

You figure the rox get crushed every game, regular season and playoffs.

Plus, the rox lose out on a lottery pick, even if it's the very last lottery pick. It just deprives maury of his chance to mentally masturbate about how to move up in the lottery.

Win win all around. I'm surprised rockets fans even bother to post.

where are all the rockets fans that were telling me "the regular season dont mean ****" when I said the warriors have swept the last two reg seasons. Because- guess what... game 1 looked like more of the same to me. I dont know why people just assume every team other than the warriors is just gonna play 20 times better than they do in the reg season once they get into the playoffs

cmellofan15
04-17-2016, 12:11 AM
Translation: "the rockets suck. I only post when they're winning." Fair weather fandom at it's finest.

oh yeah, you're only a real fan of a team if you post on PSD about it. great logic...

Scoots
04-17-2016, 12:18 AM
well a player switching directions while inbounding the play is not something that would keep any other player in the league out of a playoff game. the training staff should be able to figure that out.

the fact that the warriors didnt request an mri or any xrays kinda tells you that even they dont think its serious

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

eDush
04-17-2016, 01:55 AM
Losing isnt the issue here.... how the rockets lost is disgraceful.... honestly they should really get rid of harden/howard asap because the way they acted on the court in this game was so beyond pathetic.... They wanted every single call and they did deserve some but when it didnt go their way they sat there like children instead of getting back on defense and the effort from these 2 on the defensive side as usual is laughable... harden gets picked by curry and basically walks back in a 2 on 1 and doesnt even try to stop iggy... the warriors are great but the rockets 2 biggest stars phoned it in before the game even started and that is disrespectful to their fanbase/teammates and the sport... I was so let down by this because i thought it was going to be a fun game to watch.

Well it's hard to get calls on the road against the darlings of the league unless they thought they were at home. I called sweep cause I knew they are misguided and fancy free, not serious like the Warriors! :clap:

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 02:01 AM
Haven't read through today as I'm not even at half time yet (busy day so I DVRed) but holy Jesus. The Warriors get away with EVERYTHING and the Rockets get called for so many ticky-tacky crap it's not even funny. And then VanGundy and Jackson all talk about how a team like the Rockets need to just fight through it and what's going to happen is going to happen and they should just ignore it and play their game and yadayadayada. How a crock of horseshit.

Just give them the goddamn title already if this is what the refs are going to do.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 02:24 AM
Haven't read through today as I'm not even at half time yet (busy day so I DVRed) but holy Jesus. The Warriors get away with EVERYTHING and the Rockets get called for so many ticky-tacky crap it's not even funny. And then VanGundy and Jackson all talk about how a team like the Rockets need to just fight through it and what's going to happen is going to happen and they should just ignore it and play their game and yadayadayada. How a crock of horseshit.

Just give them the goddamn title already if this is what the refs are going to do.

I think some of it is the way Van Gundy and Jackson were calling the game. Calling out things one way or another. Like JVG saying Curry starting the fight ... Beverley fouled Curry and held Curry well after the whistle and Curry brought his arm up to get Beverly's arm off. Now I don't have ANY problem with Beverly's actions, he was doing his job always staying attached to Curry and irritating him, but for JVG to say it was STARTED by Curry is absurd. The way the announcers call the game significantly effects the perception of the game because the things going the other way that are not replayed, not mentioned, not zoomed in on, just go by without notice.

I REALLY wish they would stop putting JVG and Jackson on Warriors games.

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 03:24 AM

Says the Warriors fan that's only been around a little over a year. Lol.

I think some of it is the way Van Gundy and Jackson were calling the game. Calling out things one way or another. Like JVG saying Curry starting the fight ... Beverley fouled Curry and held Curry well after the whistle and Curry brought his arm up to get Beverly's arm off. Now I don't have ANY problem with Beverly's actions, he was doing his job always staying attached to Curry and irritating him, but for JVG to say it was STARTED by Curry is absurd. The way the announcers call the game significantly effects the perception of the game because the things going the other way that are not replayed, not mentioned, not zoomed in on, just go by without notice.

I REALLY wish they would stop putting JVG and Jackson on Warriors games.

I wasn't even talking about the Bev/Curry thing. And in the second half, Howard probably should have gotten a flagrant 1 or something on the Iggy play (although it was a fast break and the way Iggy flops. I'm not surprised it was just called a normal foul in real time).

And Draymond Green is such a dope.......and has been for years. If he's not cheap shotting guys then he's getting away with yelling at the refs or he's setting illegal screens or he's drunk on tv talking **** after the fact or he's almost costing the Warriors a game by trying to get a triple double against the worst team in the league. What a lowlife.

I will say this, Scoots (as you're pretty much the only Warriors fan that doesn't suck and think his own self worth is tied to the Warriors success): if Curry can't play, and I don't think his ankle is bad enough now but if it gets worse, the Warriors aren't winning a title this year. Not saying they won't beat the Rockets or the Clippers/Blazers winner, but they won't beat the Spurs or Cavs without him. And if that happens, I wonder if Lacomb will still be saying he's just as important as Curry. That'll be hilarious.

Last thing: I just a KyleKorver interview during the Atl/Bos game.......is he on meth? He aged 10 years real quick.

eDush
04-17-2016, 03:33 AM
I wonder what harden said after the game?

He said 'they ain't even that good'.

Chronz
04-17-2016, 03:59 AM
I legit fell asleep these playoffs. Sucks. Could've cleaned my garage. I really don't know what to say other than I've never seen a worse display of team work. Rockets had no pride, the reffing was definitely one sided tho.

Monta is beast
04-17-2016, 04:17 AM
Aye so looks like the warriors didnt need the rest there gonna get it in this series haha.

Monta is beast
04-17-2016, 04:21 AM
Howard legit gets on my nerves. He misses a shot he starts complaining to a teamate about a bad pass, he gets called for a foul complains, he laughs when there getting ran out of the gym , harden i atleast respect howard is something else tho

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 04:57 AM
Howard legit gets on my nerves. He misses a shot he starts complaining to a teamate about a bad pass, he gets called for a foul complains, he laughs when there getting ran out of the gym , harden i atleast respect howard is something else tho

I'd just laugh it off too if I got called for ******** fouls but was held, grabbed and illegally screened on the other end.

Oh, and FWIW the refs didn't win that game for the Warriors; they don't need the help to beat the Rockets. But they get calls like they need the help.

And the NBA is the only sports entity I know of that changes its rules depending on regular season and post season. It's really quite disturbing.

Monta is beast
04-17-2016, 05:05 AM
Yall need to stop complaining about the refs. Last time i checked the rockets were outplayed from the start. The only time they looked like they wanted to win was the opening minutes and when curry was out. Rockets getting the broom

Monta is beast
04-17-2016, 05:07 AM
And so yall know the warriors almost never shoot more free throws then there opponent its mostly due to there style but saying they get the whistle..even if they did so what find a way to get it done..rockets dont gave it in them.

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 05:17 AM
Yall need to stop complaining about the refs. Last time i checked the rockets were outplayed from the start. The only time they looked like they wanted to win was the opening minutes and when curry was out. Rockets getting the broom

Re-read my previous post.

And so yall know the warriors almost never shoot more free throws then there opponent its mostly due to there style but saying they get the whistle..even if they did so what find a way to get it done..rockets dont gave it in them.

That's what the announcers were saying, too. Makes no sense. It's like if you have to fight a guy that's already had a higher level than you and he gets brass knuckles, can punch you in the groin while you can't, has pads on and you have the flu. Hey, so what, find a way to get it done.

Monta is beast
04-17-2016, 06:08 AM
If your in that situation ya you find a way to get it done haha..thats the worst analogy ive heard tho

Monta is beast
04-17-2016, 06:09 AM
Can someone hold the dustpan

eDush
04-17-2016, 06:25 AM
Can someone hold the dustpan

I will :D

Scoots
04-17-2016, 10:07 AM
I wasn't even talking about the Bev/Curry thing. And in the second half, Howard probably should have gotten a flagrant 1 or something on the Iggy play (although it was a fast break and the way Iggy flops. I'm not surprised it was just called a normal foul in real time).

And Draymond Green is such a dope.......and has been for years. If he's not cheap shotting guys then he's getting away with yelling at the refs or he's setting illegal screens or he's drunk on tv talking **** after the fact or he's almost costing the Warriors a game by trying to get a triple double against the worst team in the league. What a lowlife.

I will say this, Scoots (as you're pretty much the only Warriors fan that doesn't suck and think his own self worth is tied to the Warriors success): if Curry can't play, and I don't think his ankle is bad enough now but if it gets worse, the Warriors aren't winning a title this year. Not saying they won't beat the Rockets or the Clippers/Blazers winner, but they won't beat the Spurs or Cavs without him. And if that happens, I wonder if Lacomb will still be saying he's just as important as Curry. That'll be hilarious.

I re-watched the 9 minute youtube game review video and saw over 10 Rockets fouls that were not called and were not mentioned. I didn't see it as much during the game (I'll go re-watch it) but Harden's version of perimeter D was VERY grabby in the game and he didn't get called for a lot of it. There were several layups by the Warriors where they were shoved while shooting but got no call. The Rockets don't pick and roll as much as the Warriors do, but I saw several moving screens and holding on screens by the Rockets too. I'm NOT saying the Warriors don't get away with illegal screens, I'm saying that officiating is more uniformly bad than the announcers and the fans really acknowledge.

Draymond is one of those guys you love if he's on your team but hate if he's not. I really wish he would talk a little less overall or a little more respectfully outwardly to the refs, but according to the refs he is generally respectful in his language even if his face and body don't look it. He is the main communicator on the Warriors D so I don't want him to stop talking on the floor. And from what I've heard he's actually a really good guy off the court. He's just a manic competitor who occasionally loses a little too much control.

The Warriors have no chance without Curry, but the same can be said about every team and their best player. I think his injury status is mostly smokescreen.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 11:05 AM
Re-watching the game:
The first uncalled moving screen was by Howard.
The thing that got Curry mad was Beverly hit him in the face with a down swipe, and the Rockets are lucky Beverly didn't get an automatic suspension as in the "fight" he threw a forearm at Curry's neck and a punch at his chin either of which could have been an automatic suspension.
LOL, at 3:37 left in the first Beverly pushes off on Ezeli's junk on a pick for Curry.

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Oh Jesus, don't re-watch on my account. I know a lot of plays don't get called all game on both teams but Bogut is so blatant about it that they mostly just let it go. No one is saying all fouls get called except the ones the Warriors commit. But when it's becoming a running joke by fans of any team that have no dog in the fight, you know it's bad. And like I said before, it's sad because they don't need the help.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 11:35 AM
The most blatant bad officiating was a missed call on Bogut not only moving 6 feet to screen Harden, but holding him too, followed by Harden getting called for a moving screen (he was moving). That was a pretty bad looking back to back.

The Rockets have really bad defensive habits which is having them behind a lot on D which results in more bad decisions.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 11:40 AM
There was one funny moment in the officiating that went the Rockets way ... Bogut was standing in the lane facing away from the basket and Harden ran into his left back side and Harden got the call on Bogut.

The Warriors tend to get progressively more blatant as the first quarter goes on to see if the refs are going to call screens tight. I think another reason it looks SO bad is because they do multiple picks on every possession so even if only 1 in 5 is illegal that's still going to be more than 20 a game probably :)

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 11:42 AM
The most blatant bad officiating was a missed call on Bogut not only moving 6 feet to screen Harden, but holding him too, followed by Harden getting called for a moving screen (he was moving). That was a pretty bad looking back to back.

Up in the corner? Yeah, that was awful and I don't know how it wasn't called. They're going to have to get a fourth ref with the game being so fast these days. I know you mentioned it earlier and it'll have to happen at some point.

The Rockets have really bad defensive habits which is having them behind a lot on D which results in more bad decisions.

there are a lot of good defensive guys on the floor at any given time for the Rockets but for whatever reason this year, they just flat out suck. No idea why.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Oh Jesus, don't re-watch on my account. I know a lot of plays don't get called all game on both teams but Bogut is so blatant about it that they mostly just let it go. No one is saying all fouls get called except the ones the Warriors commit. But when it's becoming a running joke by fans of any team that have no dog in the fight, you know it's bad. And like I said before, it's sad because they don't need the help.

I'm not re-watching for you. I like to re-watch games and follow certain players, watch the off-side of the court, and in this case watch for bad officiating.

lol, please
04-17-2016, 02:31 PM

Yea I know. I was really expecting Howard to show up this series lol.

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 03:10 PM

you have to be talking about the rockets right? anyway please stop crying its pathetic. it all evens out. just watch on monday and count how many times curry's jersey is held! its insane, happens almost every possession. That's been happening forever and i don't hear you *****ing about that. your team sucks right now just accept it and hope they dump both harden and howard to rebuild.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 03:25 PM
you have to be talking about the rockets right? anyway please stop crying its pathetic. it all evens out. just watch on monday and count how many times curry's jersey is held! its insane, happens almost every possession. That's been happening forever and i don't hear you *****ing about that. your team sucks right now just accept it and hope they dump both harden and howard to rebuild.

I'm a Warriors fan and there were some shocking non-calls in that game going against the Rockets. And Saddletramp is well aware of the Rockets shortcomings.

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm a Warriors fan and there were some shocking non-calls in that game going against the Rockets. And Saddletramp is well aware of the Rockets shortcomings.

why did you just post that? how was that relevant to what i stated? other than sticking up for him i guess. anyway if you would have comprehended my post all im saying is look how often curry gets held. cant cry about one without the other.

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 04:05 PM

Didn't know Valade, Chronz and Beasted (among others) were Rockets fans. Pay attention. And I've said plenty of times that the Rockets are way off this year (I've even accepted it!). Basically, what Scoots says and then you chastise him for saying it. Again, pay attention.

Tg11
04-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Warriors in 4 games like is it even a question

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 04:21 PM
Didn't know Valade, Chronz and Beasted (among others) were Rockets fans. Pay attention. And I've said plenty of times that the Rockets are way off this year (I've even accepted it!). Basically, what Scoots says and then you chastise him for saying it. Again, pay attention.

so no comment on the curry jersey hold no calls? thats the whole point i was making. either way just stop.

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 05:22 PM
so no comment on the curry jersey hold no calls? thats the whole point i was making. either way just stop.

Those definitely aren't as bad as those moving screens almost everyone complains about (regardless of their fandom).

TrueFan420
04-17-2016, 05:31 PM
Those definitely aren't as bad as those moving screens almost everyone complains about (regardless of their fandom).
Here's the thing tho. Do they get away with moving screens? Yes. Are they the only team/players that sets a bunch of moving screens? No. It's one of those things that refs need to start consistently calling it for players to stop doing it. Carrying is another thing they need to work on calling more consistently. Won't even bring up superstar calls.

Point is people complain cause the Warriors are winning. I remember same complains about moving screens with the KG Celtics.

Reffing needs to be seriously revised so that ratings stop effecting how the game is officiated.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 05:42 PM

If that's the WHOLE point you were making why did you also include
you have to be talking about the rockets right? anyway please stop crying its pathetic. it all evens out.and
your team sucks right now just accept it and hope they dump both harden and howard to rebuild.

It seems to me that you had more things to say than just talk about Curry's jersey being held.

Maybe you should "just stop" since you can't maintain civil discourse.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 05:44 PM
Here's the thing tho. Do they get away with moving screens? Yes. Are they the only team/players that sets a bunch of moving screens? No. It's one of those things that refs need to start consistently calling it for players to stop doing it. Carrying is another thing they need to work on calling more consistently. Won't even bring up superstar calls.

Point is people complain cause the Warriors are winning. I remember same complains about moving screens with the KG Celtics.

Reffing needs to be seriously revised so that ratings stop effecting how the game is officiated.

The Rockets got away with several moving screens in that game too ... I think the reason the Warriors screens are complained about so much is not that they are winning but that they are screening to free very successful shooters and doing it a LOT, while the Rockets may go 8 possessions without setting a single screen.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Curry said he expects to play.

ewing
04-17-2016, 05:47 PM
I didn't even watch this whole game b.c it got out of the control. that said if you get your doors blown off, against the team that finished 73-8, on there home floor, in the first game of the playoffs you aren't going to get calls. refs get caught up in **** too. if the rockets want to get more calls they shouldn't give up monster runs on the road to a historically good team with the reining MVP.

ewing
04-17-2016, 05:57 PM
The Rockets got away with several moving screens in that game too ... I think the reason the Warriors screens are complained about so much is not that they are winning but that they are screening to free very successful shooters and doing it a LOT, while the Rockets may go 8 possessions without setting a single screen.

moving screens stopped being illegal with the Dantoni Suns. I think calling them would improve the game but the Warriors do what everyone else does their opponents just pay more the Warriors have historically great shooters.

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 05:59 PM
If that's the WHOLE point you were making why did you also include and

It seems to me that you had more things to say than just talk about Curry's jersey being held.

Maybe you should "just stop" since you can't maintain civil discourse.

he pretty much said that you were the only warriors fan that was worth anything. nothing was directed to you so stop protecting your boyfriend!

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 06:02 PM

so a rule broken only matters when you complain about it?

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 06:09 PM
I will say this, Scoots (as you're pretty much the only Warriors fan that doesn't suck and think his own self worth is tied to the Warriors success)-Saddletramp

Scoots, i didn't see your response saying anything about this guy maintaining civil discourse. Convenience is awesome!!!

Scoots
04-17-2016, 06:19 PM
he pretty much said that you were the only warriors fan that was worth anything. nothing was directed to you so stop protecting your boyfriend!

It wasn't a private message, it was in a public forum. And once again you can't maintain civil discourse.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 06:22 PM
I will say this, Scoots (as you're pretty much the only Warriors fan that doesn't suck and think his own self worth is tied to the Warriors success)-Saddletramp

Scoots, i didn't see your response saying anything about this guy maintaining civil discourse. Convenience is awesome!!!

His post was civil, in fact he complimented me. You implying another poster is my "boyfriend", or calling another poster "pathetic" is not so civil nor is it useful.

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 06:34 PM
His post was civil, in fact he complimented me. You implying another poster is my "boyfriend", or calling another poster "pathetic" is not so civil nor is it useful.

are you serious???????? he literally said all other warrior fans besides YOU suck and are pathetic. which by the way, saying you don't suck is not really a compliment. just explain why the curry holds dont matter or move on.

ewing
04-17-2016, 06:39 PM
are you serious???????? he literally said all other warrior fans besides YOU suck and are pathetic. which by the way, saying you don't suck is not really a compliment. just explain why the curry holds dont matter or move on.

has she ever had poached Cod?

TrueFan420
04-17-2016, 06:45 PM
KG's moving screens freed up a great shooter in Ray Allen and a very good shooter in Paul Pierce. He set those same moving screens in Minnesota but they were not for great shooters and they didn't win anything. Yes our shooters like the Celtics shooters made teams pay and thus ended in wins. If we weren't winning doing it people would not care.

They will point at the Warriors but the real finger should be at the NBA for allowing ratings to effect reffing. Similar to when AI and Marbury were stars in the league and you could watch players carry the ball time and time again. Or why super stars get calls. It's disenfranchising when a foul varies based on when, where and most importantly who is involved.

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 06:45 PM
You're kinda proving my point, Cod. And we all know lol, eDush and GSW are on your level. nasty ice can be ok sometimes.

This is stupid, whatever.

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 06:47 PM

clever play on my name but cod is meant to stand for call of duty

ewing
04-17-2016, 06:49 PM
clever play on my name but cod is meant to stand for call of duty

you have a girl and play call of duty?

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 06:50 PM
KG's moving screens freed up a great shooter in Ray Allen and a very good shooter in Paul Pierce. He set those same moving screens in Minnesota but they were not for great shooters and they didn't win anything. Yes our shooters like the Celtics shooters made teams pay and thus ended in wins. If we weren't winning doing it people would not care.

They will point at the Warriors but the real finger should be at the NBA for allowing ratings to effect reffing. Similar to when AI and Marbury were stars in the league and you could watch players carry the ball time and time again. Or why super stars get calls. It's disenfranchising when a foul varies based on when, where and most importantly who is involved.

That's what I've been saying for years as far as fouls and such are concerned.

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 06:52 PM
You're kinda proving my point, Cod. And we all know lol, eDush and GSW are on your level. nasty ice can be ok sometimes.

This is stupid, whatever.

solid statement. enjoy the rest of the series!

ewing
04-17-2016, 06:54 PM
That's what I've been saying for years as far as fouls and such are concerned.

people also have to realize officials are humans. these guys are so fast and so good that it is a hard game to call. When you add in the larger then life persona of the players, a ruckus crowd in the playoffs, etc refs get influenced. I do think the moving screen rule was flat changed at some point but at least a portion of the other stuff is unintentional. I do think it got worse when the NBA went to war on no calls.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 06:57 PM

I was assuming his name was Cod.

mightybosstone
04-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Lol. I've been posting in this forum since my first year of college. I've posted here when the Rockets made the playoffs and when they've missed the playoffs. I've defended them when they were great and when they epitomized mediocrity. The big difference this season is that I got married, received a big promotion at work and bought a house. It doesn't make me less of a fan because I don't post on an Internet sports forum for 2-3 hours a day anymore. It just means I grew up and my life priorities have changed. I'll be 30 in a year and want kids soon, and I don't want to be some guy in his 40s with two kids who spends all of his free time arguing with 20-year-olds on the internet. Everyone grows up. You might even someday day, too, if you're lucky.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 07:07 PM
The best explanation I ever heard of "star calls" was about 20 years ago from an NBA ref at a pre-game press thing with the refs that I have no idea how I got in the room at this point ... what he said was that if a player tells them that they didn't foul on a call they would review the tape later and if the player was telling the truth and there was a pattern there ... like superstars can do things and not foul like regular players can ... then if the ref didn't see it specifically go one way or the other the star would get the benefit of the doubt because they had earned it with past performance. It's also true for the opposite in things like rookies getting a lot more fouls called on them because they have no reason to think it's not a foul, and why players who regularly foul will get called for calls other players might get away with occasionally.

It's not any kind of order from the NBA central office, it's humanity.

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 07:08 PM
I was assuming his name was Cod.

its crazy logic to assume that only you could be disrespectful. well done on showing how much of a douche you are. may you continue your troll like ways im sure its all you have.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 07:13 PM
its crazy logic to assume that only you could be disrespectful. well done on showing how much of a douche you are. may you continue your troll like ways im sure its all you have.

That was an easy shot admittedly, but I couldn't resist with Ewing.

I think it's funny that you call me a douche and a troll though. With a sig like yours and your insults I think those words might apply more to you than me.

I never said Curry didn't get grabbed, in fact earlier in this thread I talked about how Harden was grabbing everyone he was covering.

MygirlhatesCod
04-17-2016, 07:16 PM
people also have to realize officials are humans. these guys are so fast and so good that it is a hard game to call. When you add in the larger then life persona of the players, a ruckus crowd in the playoffs, etc refs get influenced. I do think the moving screen rule was flat changed at some point but at least a portion of the other stuff is unintentional. I do think it got worse when the NBA went to war on no calls.

true statement and i also believe that most calls that are missed are returned down the rest of the game in one way or another. what bothers me way more than whats not called is players intentionally making contact to get a call. whats the difference in not making some calls in response to players perverting the rules on offense to get them?

likemystylez
04-17-2016, 08:02 PM
in what appears to be a seriously lopsided match up based on the teams records and their last 10-15 match ups regular season and playoffs.......IM not sure why there is so much discussion about reffing. not like a few bad calls really will make a difference

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 08:07 PM

I like how refs get wise to Harden and his shenanigans so they stop calling those fouls. Yet they have to know all of the complaints on these moving screens but still let them go. Whatevs.

lol, please
04-17-2016, 08:43 PM
Lol. I've been posting in this forum since my first year of college. I've posted here when the Rockets made the playoffs and when they've missed the playoffs. I've defended them when they were great and when they epitomized mediocrity. The big difference this season is that I got married, received a big promotion at work and bought a house. It doesn't make me less of a fan because I don't post on an Internet sports forum for 2-3 hours a day anymore. It just means I grew up and my life priorities have changed. I'll be 30 in a year and want kids soon, and I don't want to be some guy in his 40s with two kids who spends all of his free time arguing with 20-year-olds on the internet. Everyone grows up. You might even someday day, too, if you're lucky.

Congrats on the promotion and marriage! Hope it works out well for you.

Doesn't mean you have to disappear though! Just come around after the games. :)

lol, please
04-17-2016, 08:50 PM

How is a moving screen worse than grabbing/holding a jersey? :confused: Is that actually stated somewhere or an opinion? Serious question.

Saddletramp
04-17-2016, 09:29 PM
How is a moving screen worse than grabbing/holding a jersey? :confused: Is that actually stated somewhere or an opinion? Serious question.

See lol, when you look at a game thread and multiple people that are fans of various teams that don't have any sort of allegiance to the Warriors or their opponents complain and notice how the Warriors get away with stuff but no one ever (besides Warrior fans, at least not that I've seen) mentions that Curry (or whomever) are being held back (which, coincidentally, is another tactic that the Warriors employ). If you weren't so busy typing "{INSERT WARRIOR PLAYER} IS WET!!!" (possibly getting open because an illegal screen was set) then maybe you'd notice.

The Warriors don't need the help but I guess they'll get the advantage anyway. Other teams will just have to "fight through it, get mentally tough, rise above, blahblahblah".

BKLYNpigeon
04-17-2016, 09:49 PM
Kevin Garnet been making illegal screens his entire career. Everyone does it. move on.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 10:59 PM
See lol, when you look at a game thread and multiple people that are fans of various teams that don't have any sort of allegiance to the Warriors or their opponents complain and notice how the Warriors get away with stuff but no one ever (besides Warrior fans, at least not that I've seen) mentions that Curry (or whomever) are being held back (which, coincidentally, is another tactic that the Warriors employ). If you weren't so busy typing "{INSERT WARRIOR PLAYER} IS WET!!!" (possibly getting open because an illegal screen was set) then maybe you'd notice.

The Warriors don't need the help but I guess they'll get the advantage anyway. Other teams will just have to "fight through it, get mentally tough, rise above, blahblahblah".

The league is going to start using more screens as the pace and space spreads and as that happens the NBA will adjust the way screens are called and they will tighten up the officiating.

Chronz
04-18-2016, 01:12 AM
KG wasn't setting those screens in Minny. That **** started in Boston thanks to Morey

Monta is beast
04-18-2016, 02:13 AM
Ya iono if you guys have seen steph and klays arms/chest after a game but they look like they just got mobbed by a bunch of females.

Monta is beast
04-18-2016, 02:14 AM
There getting grabbed and that isnt getting called

Htownballa1622
04-18-2016, 01:00 PM
https://youtu.be/HFfS6uDNWhQ

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 01:05 PM
https://youtu.be/HFfS6uDNWhQ

Wow... Draymond in 0:15-0:25... this guy gets away with so much garbage. He tackled another player blatantly... And the next time Bogut walks backwards like he's oblivious to what he's doing, I hope someone trips him up and he breaks his ankles. D-bag is dirty as hell.

Htownballa1622
04-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Wow... Draymond in 0:15-0:25... this guy gets away with so much garbage. He tackled another player blatantly... And the next time Bogut walks backwards like he's oblivious to what he's doing, I hope someone trips him up and he breaks his ankles. D-bag is dirty as hell.

Don't confuse my point. I know they're superior to the rox.

It's just that they don't need the extra illegal screens.

It's kinda how hardend embellishes but even he is just one person.

ewing
04-18-2016, 01:14 PM

I think Green manages to get away with a lot. I think it says something to his ability but dude seems to always be doing something that could be called when i watch

Scoots
04-18-2016, 01:47 PM
(not for you ewing)

There is a good discussion of the illegal screen ongoing here http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?908058-Moving-screens-Is-this-a-problem

I think with Green, some of it is intentional, and some of it is just him being a bit manic and diving into situations and because of the reputation and some of the histrionics it gets highlighted. At least he's not a nut-puncher ... yet.

ewing
04-18-2016, 01:49 PM
(not for you ewing)

There is a good discussion of the illegal screen ongoing here http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?908058-Moving-screens-Is-this-a-problem

I think with Green, some of it is intentional, and some of it is just him being a bit manic and diving into situations and because of the reputation and some of the histrionics it gets highlighted. At least he's not a nut-puncher ... yet.

I that might be part of it. Some guys are just so high energy that they get away with more contact.

Chronz
04-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Either thats a horrible vid or I dont know NBA basketball because half of those were legit screens. I know they get away with it more than most but its almost as if the fan of that video thinks all moving screens are illegal.

CHANGO
04-18-2016, 02:42 PM
I love that now the excuse is, "every team gets away with moving screens".

Of course, refs are not perfect, they miss calls every where and every team do something illegal. But to say that when the Warriors are the team that uses a lot of screens almost in every damn play is a joke. The Warriors are the one benefiting from this because a) they use them everytime, b) they use it to free players that will punish you with 3 pointers, simple as that. Also in the first game that excuse was invalid because they called moving screens for the Rockets when seconds before Bogut and Green did the same thing WORSE!

lol, please
04-18-2016, 04:17 PM
Can't wait!!!!! It's been hard to sleep the last two nights.

lol, please
04-18-2016, 04:22 PM

You didn't answer my question. (thanks for your usual ad hominem attack my way though)

What do fans or this game thread have to do with what I was asking? I don't care what fans were complaining about.

Is grabbing a jersey a worse offense on the court than an illegal screen/moving screen? It's an honest question.

Monta is beast
04-18-2016, 05:17 PM
Keep complaining about moving screens when harden gets the most calls in the league. Every team in the league sets moving screens every game. Have fun watching your team get handled for the 12th time in 13 games against the warriors.

Monta is beast
04-18-2016, 05:20 PM
But its probably cause those moving screens yall cant beat us

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Keep complaining about moving screens when harden gets the most calls in the league. Every team in the league sets moving screens every game. Have fun watching your team get handled for the 12th time in 13 games against the warriors.

He got zero FT's last game.. what are you talking about?

Monta is beast
04-18-2016, 05:57 PM
Your talking about one game, im talking about in totality. Its no secret that harden initiates contact when he drives almost everytime. Why isnt that being discussed? You want to talk about moving screens which is something every team does, yall really just look like haters.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Your talking about one game, im talking about in totality. Its no secret that harden initiates contact when he drives almost everytime. Why isnt that being discussed? You want to talk about moving screens which is something every team does, yall really just look like haters.

Why does it matter in totality when they are referring to one video? Every team does moving screens but that's not what people are arguing.. they are saying that the Warriors do it much too frequently and are not being called for it -- thus, it always leaves Curry/Klay wide open in escaping those plays. If you're going to jump into the discussion, at least know what's being said. You're just ranting about something no one denies. Harden getting FT's has nothing to do with game 1.

valade16
04-18-2016, 06:54 PM

Is this a serious question? That has been discussed Ad Nasuem on PSD. Harden's porous defense and his offensive foul-centric playing style would be both be in the top 10 PSD basketball subjects of the past few years.

Monta is beast
04-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Why does it matter in totality when they are referring to one video? Every team does moving screens but that's not what people are arguing.. they are saying that the Warriors do it much too frequently and are not being called for it -- thus, it always leaves Curry/Klay wide open in escaping those plays. If you're going to jump into the discussion, at least know what's being said. You're just ranting about something no one denies. Harden getting FT's has nothing to do with game 1.

Na what im saying is how are you going to argue one game when harden gets calls all the time. It doesnt make sense. Harden didnt go to the line last game cause the warriors coaches have told there players no matter what do not reach on harden. I mean im sure he got fouled a few times but theres so many fouls that dont get called in a game thats why i hate ticky tack fouls. Also if your setting a screen and someone runs into you your going to move if they run into your left shoulder your gonna move left cause there momentum is gonna take you that way. This conversation has got way to out of hand

Monta is beast
04-18-2016, 07:25 PM
Is this a serious question? That has been discussed Ad Nasuem on PSD. Harden's porous defense and his offensive foul-centric playing style would be both be in the top 10 PSD basketball subjects of the past few years.

Ok so if it known that harden should be called for offensive fouls but instead goes to the line why are ppl *****ing. Like i said doesnt make sense.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Na what im saying is how are you going to argue one game when harden gets calls all the time. It doesnt make sense. Harden didnt go to the line last game cause the warriors coaches have told there players no matter what do not reach on harden. I mean im sure he got fouled a few times but theres so many fouls that dont get called in a game thats why i hate ticky tack fouls. Also if your setting a screen and someone runs into you your going to move if they run into your left shoulder your gonna move left cause there momentum is gonna take you that way. This conversation has got way to out of hand

Okay, I'm talking about the previous game (game 1). James Harden with zero FT's and Warriors getting away with so many moving picks. You're trying to justify Warriors moving picks with Harden receiving FT's? I mean, how many extra FT's does he honestly get that he shouldn't? Two-three?

Saddletramp
04-18-2016, 09:20 PM
I don't know what Monta is Beast is going on about. I also sorta wonder if he still thinks Monta is actually beast.

You didn't answer my question. (thanks for your usual ad hominem attack my way though)

What do fans or this game thread have to do with what I was asking? I don't care what fans were complaining about.

Is grabbing a jersey a worse offense on the court than an illegal screen/moving screen? It's an honest question.

Because what the Warriors are doing is so plentiful and blatant that multiple people that are fans of multiple teams are complaining about it. No one is complaining that those guys are getting grabbed and held besides Warriors fans. One happens all the time where it's becoming a running joke. The other is happening just as much as any other duo in the league. And Klay/Curry are doing just fine by getting held because they just run around a moving screen and throw up a shot.

And moving (illegal) screens are worse because they get guys immediately open. Grabbing happens off the ball and doesn't lead to end of the play action.

Gander13SM
04-18-2016, 09:22 PM
Okay, I'm talking about the previous game (game 1). James Harden with zero FT's and Warriors getting away with so many moving picks. You're trying to justify Warriors moving picks with Harden receiving FT's? I mean, how many extra FT's does he honestly get that he shouldn't? Two-three?

I would say the vast majority of Hardens free throws are from contact that either he initiated or wasn't even there to begin with. But maybe that's just me.

I find it interesting out of all the game 1s, Harden, Wade, Manu, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford never got to the free throw line. All prolific floppers, all experts at drawing contact throughout their career. Now obviously Hardens usage is above and beyond all of them, but still, it's intriguing. I wonder if the refs were told to be more diligent on these gray area fouls.

In other news, no Curry tonight? Apparently he left his warm up early shaking his head and looking frustrated, looks like his ankle is worse than people realised. Maybe we'll get a close game out West tonight, should be a treat.

Gander13SM
04-18-2016, 09:25 PM
And moving screens are worse because they get guys immediately open. Grabbing happens off the ball and doesn't lead to end of the play action.

Just because you're moving doesn't mean the screen is illegal. Just saying, I don't know when people started using that phrase for NBA but I think that's part of the confusion for people.

Saddletramp
04-18-2016, 09:25 PM

I've been saying for years, he earns most of his FTs. I mean, he drives so much and extends his arms and gets hacked a lot. The percentage of FTs to amount of times he actually gets fouled are closer than the Warriors running more illegal screens than everyone else and getting a higher percentage of offensive fouls.

I might have worded that weird but I think you get my gist.

nastynice
04-18-2016, 09:27 PM
I would say the vast majority of Hardens free throws are from contact that either he initiated or wasn't even there to begin with. But maybe that's just me.

I find it interesting out of all the game 1s, Harden, Wade, Manu, Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford never got to the free throw line. All prolific floppers, all experts at drawing contact throughout their career. Now obviously Hardens usage is above and beyond all of them, but still, it's intriguing. I wonder if the refs were told to be more diligent on these gray area fouls.

In other news, no Curry tonight? Apparently he left his warm up early shaking his head and looking frustrated, looks like his ankle is worse than people realised. Maybe we'll get a close game out West tonight, should be a treat.

I'd rather he not even play if that in any way, shape, or form helps with his ankle. Need to stay healthy

Saddletramp
04-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Just because you're moving doesn't mean the screen is illegal. Just saying, I don't know when people started using that phrase for NBA but I think that's part of the confusion for people.

Ok, I added the word illegal, although I thought that was implied. Or I just forgot to add it.

Gander13SM
04-18-2016, 09:31 PM
Ok, I added the word illegal, although I thought that was implied. Or I just forgot to add it.

Yeah I figured as much, just wanted to point it out because I think a lot of people who played in high school etc still think (at pro level) the rule is you need to have your feet planted/stand still, which just adds to the issue as almost every screen Warriors set would be considered illegal if that were the case.

likemystylez
04-18-2016, 09:45 PM
Curry said he expects to play.

at some point in his life?

or in the series?

or game 2?

Now im wondering what exactly is wrong with the ankle? have they found a torn ligament or something? as a warriors fan, I am terrifed to watch this game. you really dont want to drag this series out and turn it into a 7 game series if you dont have too. and sitting curry is basically equal to tanking, might as well forfeit.

Im surprised lacob is ok with sitting curry for a playoff game at oakland. those tickets arent cheap, gotta give the crowd what they want

Scoots
04-18-2016, 09:47 PM

or in the series?

or game 2?

Now im wondering what exactly is wrong with the ankle? have they found a torn ligament or something? as a warriors fan, I am terrifed to watch this game. you really dont want to drag this series out and turn it into a 7 game series if you dont have too. and sitting curry is basically equal to tanking, might as well forfeit.

Im surprised lacob is ok with sitting curry for a playoff game at oakland. those tickets arent cheap, gotta give the crowd what they want

Do you think you are funny or are you just insane?

likemystylez
04-18-2016, 09:49 PM
Do you think you are funny or are you just insane?

LOL insane? what other starters in the playoffs would be sitting for that minor of a tweak? insane is looking at that as a signficant injury. even the suns great training staffs would not have sat steve nash at 28 yrs old with something that small in a playoff game

likemystylez
04-18-2016, 09:51 PM
im scared either way.

if the warriors lose, then there is no way they can sweep the series which i predicted. if the warriors win- kerr might just sit curry until next preseason

Gander13SM
04-18-2016, 09:53 PM

or in the series?

or game 2?

Curry isn't playing, it's official now.

That being said I think you may be overreacting. I am a little worried for him considering it's "that" ankle. But I saw some of his warm up and he didn't look like he was in agony (had a few hops/jumps and dribble moves etc).

Why would they risk it? It wouldn't make sense. First of all the Warriors can beat this team without Steph if they play hard enough. Secondly they could rest him tonight and they'll still most likely sweep the next three. I mean it's not like Houston are anywhere near the Warriors level.

Essentially this nets Curry 4 days of rest plus as a neutral fan it will finally give us a close game out West (hopefully).

Can't hurt to get Harry B more shots either, he really needs to find some rhythm, looked out of sorts in game 1 after having the hot hand late in the regular season.

The Warriors fanbase biggest worry should be how severe the injury is, not whether or not they can beat Houston in a 5 game series.

Gander13SM
04-18-2016, 10:02 PM
Didn't the Warriors beat Houston early in the regular season with Curry, Barbosa, Ezeli and Barnes all sidelined? And while they were missing their head coach?

I know it's not the regular season but come on. This isn't something for Warriors fans to worry about, they can beat this team without Steph and even if they don't as long as Steph is healthy for the rest of the series they'll be fine.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Keep your eye on Bogut.. already caught him twice with some bs.

Gander13SM
04-18-2016, 10:52 PM
Keep your eye on Bogut.. already caught him twice with some bs.

He's no more dirty than Steven Adams etc. Don't understand the hate for him.

Scoots
04-18-2016, 10:53 PM
LOL insane? what other starters in the playoffs would be sitting for that minor of a tweak? insane is looking at that as a signficant injury. even the suns great training staffs would not have sat steve nash at 28 yrs old with something that small in a playoff game

So, your answer to my question is that you are insane? Good to know.

How do you know the status of Curry's ankle and know what the Suns staff would do about it?

Scoots
04-18-2016, 10:54 PM
im scared either way.

if the warriors lose, then there is no way they can sweep the series which i predicted. if the warriors win- kerr might just sit curry until next preseason

Yep insane. You felt the need to explain that a loss in a 7 game series means you can't sweep the series :D

lol, please
04-18-2016, 10:57 PM

or in the series?

or game 2?

I mean it isnt' quitting, but I get it, if the Rockets steal one at ROARacle this can get ugly quick.

TrueFan420
04-18-2016, 10:59 PM
Stylez come down off the ledge. We should be able to beat the Rockets without Curry at home. The extra days of rest for Currys ankle will prove to be much more important for us making a legit run of our title defense then this individual game. The series isn't on the line with this one game and were more than capable of handling the Rockets at home without Curry. Now please step down from the tank ledge.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 11:03 PM
Bogut is a sumo wrestler during the offseason? Why does he always thrust his hands forward while setting a screen?

Denverbronco007
04-18-2016, 11:04 PM
This Rockets team is unwatchable

Denverbronco007
04-18-2016, 11:05 PM
Rockets owner should fire everyone

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 11:05 PM
If Houston loses, this is on Harden. He's not a superstar.

lol, please
04-18-2016, 11:06 PM
He's no more dirty than Steven Adams etc. Don't understand the hate for him.

I've always considered the Dubs to be one of the cleanest teams in the league basketball wise, it sucks to read so many comments about the refs and the lack of calls against the warriors because now it's going to be a comfortable narrative about how the warriors somehow have it "easier" in the playoffs. :pity:

lol, please
04-18-2016, 11:07 PM
3 point lead. At what point do we panic?

lol, please
04-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Rockets starting to live at the line. Was wondering how long before it happened.

lol, please
04-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Wide open look for Smith and he drains it. We need to step up defensively.

beasted86
04-18-2016, 11:12 PM
I wonder.... how do Rockets fans keep their sanity watching Harden play "defense" every night?

I couldn't watch this guy for 82 games.

lol, please
04-18-2016, 11:13 PM
wow. Still only a 3 point lead. It feels too early to be concerned, but i'm concerned.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 11:16 PM
I wonder.... how do Rockets fans keep their sanity watching Harden play "defense" every night?

I couldn't watch this guy for 82 games.

Take it out on Dwight? I just saw Dwight block a shot from Barnes because Harden fell asleep on defense. Lo-and-behold, Green gets the rebound for a putback because lazy eyes Harden doesn't box anyone out at all. If not for Josh Smith, this Rockets team would be down double digits.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 11:23 PM
I don't care what Dwight does at this point if he just shows some frickin aggression. Why is this guy trying to lay it up instead of dunking that.

lol, please
04-18-2016, 11:29 PM
Klay :drool: