PDA

View Full Version : Kobe drops 60 in final game

Pages : [1] 2

mrblisterdundee
04-14-2016, 01:11 AM
Kobe Bryant finished his career with 60 points and a win over Utah Wednesday (http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400829115). Nobody saw that perfect of a finish coming.

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 01:14 AM
Perfect ending.. you can't even write this up. I don't care how many shots, how awkward it was watching his teammates just feed him the ball every possession.. you seriously can't write an ending like that.

basketballkitty
04-14-2016, 01:14 AM
Apropo since Kobe has ALWAYS cared solely for himself and his stats.

Iron24th
04-14-2016, 01:16 AM
Perfect ending.. you can't even write this up. I don't care how many shots, how awkward it was watching his teammates just feed him the ball every possession.. you seriously can't write an ending like that.

Exactly, his teammates fed him every possession, but still he had to make the shots and he made it sometimes with many defenders on him.

jerellh528
04-14-2016, 01:18 AM
Freakin awesome led the comeback too down 10 with only a couple mins left in the 4th. Amazing game, amazing way for Kobe to go out

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 01:19 AM
Vintage Kobe but knowing how PSD feels towards Kobe someone will come and say it wasn't efficient and that he needed 50 shots

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 01:22 AM
Vintage Kobe but knowing how PSD feels towards Kobe someone will come and say it wasn't efficient and that he needed 50 shots

Hey buddy, relax.. it was just one goofball who thought MWP should be taking those shots as well. That three and then the Kobe jumper will forever be infamous.

Phantom Dreamer
04-14-2016, 01:25 AM
Even with the 60, Kobe couldn't get his scoring average over 25. He finishes averaging 24.994.

Bostonjorge
04-14-2016, 01:25 AM
Lakers needed 60 from Kobe for the win

IKnowHoops
04-14-2016, 01:26 AM

I didn't find it awkward at all. I would expect ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LESS FROM KOBE BRYANT IN HIS VERY LAST GAME. This is Kobe. I feel like he's always been pretty close to this ball dominant his whole career. LOL...Kobe is always in kill/score mode every time he touches the ball. He touches the ball a lot. Tonight he just touched it every single time.

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 01:26 AM
Even with the 60, Kobe couldn't get his scoring average over 25. He finishes averaging 24.994.

Ehhh, majority of the sites round it up so it's really 25.

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 01:27 AM
Hey buddy, relax.. it was just one goofball who thought MWP should be taking those shots as well. That three and then the Kobe jumper will forever be infamous.

Just stating facts man lol

Tony_Starks
04-14-2016, 01:28 AM
Wow. I can't believe what I just saw. We were joking I'm the barbershop how crazy it would be if he went for 50 but 60 AND closing the out the game?

Perfect ending.

Grand opening, grand closing.

WOwolfOL
04-14-2016, 01:29 AM
And fans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

LA_Raiders
04-14-2016, 01:29 AM
Amazing, the nba will not be the same without the black mamba. Goat

Crackadalic
04-14-2016, 01:30 AM
Wow. I can't believe what I just saw. We were joking I'm the barbershop how crazy it would be if he went for 50 but 60 AND closing the out the game?

Perfect ending.

I swear me and some friends said the same ish.

Yeah Kobe gonna go for 50!!!! (Sarcastic)

Kobe scores 60 and shuts us up. What a time to be alive. Thank you kobe bean Bryant #mambaout

mngopher35
04-14-2016, 01:31 AM
It was a perfect way for him to end his career. What a great game!

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 01:31 AM

Perfect ending.

I knew 50 would happen but 60 was a shocker. I found myself hating Hayward because he kept stretching the lead for Utah.

Aust
04-14-2016, 01:33 AM
Awesome to have a comeback W. Great way to end a career.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2016, 01:35 AM
Amazing. So glad I witnessed that

IKnowHoops
04-14-2016, 01:44 AM
That was an awesome performance by Kobe. As I was watching the game, I realized I was going to miss Kobe. He makes the NBA a better league. His presence is just so strong in the NBA, that once removed, it will leave a void.

This will easily be Kobe's most memorable performance. Even more than the 81.

Sly Guy
04-14-2016, 01:47 AM

I agree.

But tonight, let the kobephiles have their moment.

Jayb587
04-14-2016, 01:48 AM
That was an awesome performance by Kobe. As I was watching the game, I realized I was going to miss Kobe. He makes the NBA a better league. His presence is just so strong in the NBA, that once removed, it will leave a void.

This will easily be Kobe's most memorable performance. Even more than the 81.

Kobe>lebron

Wade n Fade
04-14-2016, 01:49 AM
Utah and Toronto are in bad company. One gives the oldest 60 point mark and the other gave an 81 point mark. Pretty ugly shot total but 60 is 60.

Wade n Fade
04-14-2016, 01:49 AM
Kobe>lebron

Why does this have to be restated? LeBron isn't even involved in this.

IKnowHoops
04-14-2016, 01:50 AM
I agree.

Yes

Jayb587
04-14-2016, 01:52 AM
Why does this have to be restated? LeBron isn't even involved in this.

Cause i felt like it.

kobe4thewinbang
04-14-2016, 01:52 AM
Say what?

:speechless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EMndSFFMk

I just saw the headlines on NBA.com. What a great season for the NBA! They're getting that new TV deal which means more money for the players, Kobe's last hurrah was 60 points, and the Warriors set a new season wins record! I watched the lovely tribute featuring Kobe's best teammates and Jack himself, but no one expected 60 points!

:clap:

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 01:54 AM
I hated this game.... I wanted the lakers to win and for kobe to have a really good game but I hated this game.. 50 ****ing shots are you kidding me? :pity:

Good that they won but this isnt basketball and its been my one negative for Kobe.... Thank you kobe for all the great years but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Kobe left me with a good taste in my mouth with his post game speech though.... Says magic is the greatest laker of all time and he 100 percent meant it.... Big props for the class there and the fact that he was speaking spanish.... Kobe is a top 10 player off all time and like magic is Hella educated.

Wade n Fade
04-14-2016, 01:54 AM
Since you felt like saying something like that. MJ > Kobe.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 01:56 AM
Cause i felt like it.

you continue to show true class and give actual good lakers fans a bad name.... How about you keep it on topic and stop trying to bait or start a Kobe/Lebron dick fest.

basketballkitty
04-14-2016, 02:10 AM
Memo to Kobe, and the South of the border reporters....SPEAK F'ING ENGLISH!! Am I the only one who is Pee'd off at this ? I mean this is AMERICA!...Not the Soccor finals in Mexico city!! Geesh....Donald Trumo CAN'T get into the White House soon enough!!!

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 02:11 AM
How about you worry about your non informative posts and quit worrying about what other people post.

Another one of those laker fans that give actual laker fans a bad name... Another off topic and senseless post used to bait and bring nothing to the topic like you generally do 90 percent of the time... I will do you and the other guy a favor and report the posts so they are deleted and you guys are forced to stay on topic and not continually bait other people like you so often do

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 02:12 AM
Another one of those laker fans that give actual laker fans a bad name... Another off topic and senseless post used to bait and bring nothing to the topic like you generally do 90 percent of the time... I will do you and the other guy a favor and report the posts so they are deleted and you guys are forced to stay on topic and not continually bait other people like you so often do
Shut up. Nobody cares what you think. Post about the topic and quit telling posters how or who they give a bad name to.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 02:13 AM
Memo to Kobe, and the South of the border reporters....SPEAK F'ING ENGLISH!! Am I the only one who is Pee'd off at this ? I mean this is AMERICA!...Not the Soccor finals in Mexico city!! Geesh....Donald Trumo CAN'T get into the White House soon enough!!!

we are country of all nations... We have spanish channels and offer spanish in all of our schools yet you have issues with him speaking spanish in our country? a country that offers more diversity than any other country in the world?

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 02:14 AM
we are country of all nations... We have spanish channels and offer spanish in all of our schools yet you have issues with him speaking spanish in our country? a country that offers more diversity than any other country in the world?

Stay on topic. And we don't offer Spanish in all of our schools. Lol. One of the most uneducated posters here.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 02:15 AM
Shut up. Nobody cares what you think. Post about the topic and quit telling posters how or who they give a bad name to.

The topic has nothing to do with Kobe vs Lebron like the other poster brought up... again you should literally take your own advice and stop targeting people.... You seem to have some kind of weird infatuation with me and I assume it is because I point out you flaws in most of our debates and general lack of knowledge and in turn you continue to throw hissy fits or target me in any thread i post in... Its weird man.... You should put me on ignore or something.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 02:18 AM
Stay on topic. And we don't offer Spanish in all of our schools. Lol. One of the most uneducated posters here.

See there you go attacking for no reason when this is 100 percent on topic because Kobe is being called out for speaking spanish.. also again knowledge is right at your finger tips yet of course you do not use it... Its not in every school i didnt expect you to take me 100 percent literal but it is you and your infatuation with me seems to warrant it....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_commonly_learned_foreign_languages_in _the_United_States

LOOK AT THE KNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE AT YOUR DISPOSAL.

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 02:18 AM
The topic has nothing to do with Kobe vs Lebron like the other poster brought up... again you should literally take your own advice and stop targeting people.... You seem to have some kind of weird infatuation with me and I assume it is because I point out you flaws in most of our debates and general lack of knowledge and in turn you continue to throw hissy fits or target me in any thread i post in... Its weird man.... You should put me on ignore or something.
Off topic

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 02:20 AM
See there you go attacking for no reason when this is 100 percent on topic because Kobe is being called out for speaking spanish.. also again knowledge is right at your finger tips yet of course you do not use it... Its not in every school i didnt expect you to take me 100 percent literal but it is you and your infatuation with me seems to warrant it....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_commonly_learned_foreign_languages_in _the_United_States

LOOK AT THE KNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE AT YOUR DISPOSAL.

Commonly and all are the same? Dumb dumb. Lol

Wade n Fade
04-14-2016, 02:21 AM
Off topic

Wait, are you Gibby from iCarly lol? As for the Spanish stuff, if you don't like it, leave it alone. If Kobe is trying to reach a certain segment, let him. His global brand is so huge, so he might pick up a few phrases to acclimate with his potential base.

numba1CHANGsta
04-14-2016, 02:24 AM
can we just appreciate greatness one last time? why cant people ever appreciate basketball anymore, always turn everything into an argument.

zn23
04-14-2016, 02:24 AM
I stopped watching, criticized Kobe for jacking up shots while the Lakers were down by 13. Then the 4th quarter came along and he put on a show. I tuned back in late in the 4th especially in the last few minutes of the game and witnessed something special.

Great end to a great career.

LAcowBOMBER
04-14-2016, 02:25 AM
I won't miss Kobe threads somehow always getting derailed around here. Dude outscores the jazz 15-2 over the last 3 something of the quarter and puts an exclamation point on the career of an all time great that was the new Jordan for this current younger generation of players and 2 posters decide to have a dick measuring contest instead of staying on topic. Dude scored 60, let's talk about that or maybe, idk, don't post in here

Wade n Fade
04-14-2016, 02:28 AM
can we just appreciate greatness one last time? why cant people ever appreciate basketball anymore, always turn everything into an argument.

He just set a record for the oldest 60 point scorer ever. Something players, even better than he ever was, didn't do. So it's nice for him to have something to cherish.

IKnowHoops
04-14-2016, 02:37 AM

:laugh:

WOwolfOL
04-14-2016, 02:38 AM
I hated this game.... I wanted the lakers to win and for kobe to have a really good game but I hated this game.. 50 ****ing shots are you kidding me? :pity:

Good that they won but this isnt basketball and its been my one negative for Kobe.... Thank you kobe for all the great years but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Kobe left me with a good taste in my mouth with his post game speech though.... Says magic is the greatest laker of all time and he 100 percent meant it.... Big props for the class there and the fact that he was speaking spanish.... Kobe is a top 10 player off all time and like magic is Hella educated.
The fans loved every shot, his teammates loved every shot. That's honestly all that matters. I mean they were going ****ing bonkers. Such a fun game.

WOwolfOL
04-14-2016, 02:39 AM
Que?

Aust
04-14-2016, 02:41 AM
Que?

lo siento mi amore

numba1CHANGsta
04-14-2016, 02:42 AM
He just set a record for the oldest 60 point scorer ever. Something players, even better than he ever was, didn't do. So it's nice for him to have something to cherish.

epic finish, idk if anyone can ever match that performance. idc how many shots he took he played for 20 years and had three major injuries. that finish fit Kobe perfectly

IKnowHoops
04-14-2016, 02:52 AM
I don't understand how someone could hate this performance by Kobe. I think thats ridiculous honestly speaking. Its a pointless game in which Kobe is playing his last game and his teammates are a bunch of 19 year olds ,20 year olds and scrubs. Tickets for court side seats were going for $20,000+. It was Kobe's duty to go out there and empty every last clip. That was an event. Nobody wants to see Kobe share the ball with a bunch of guys who aren't ready in the last game he will ever lace them up in.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 03:20 AM
The fans loved every shot, his teammates loved every shot. That's honestly all that matters. I mean they were going ****ing bonkers. Such a fun game.

the atmosphere was amazing... i am just speaking from personal taste... I just get sick over 50 forced shots.. If he was hot all game and was doing it id have no gripe but it wasnt basketball to me until the final minutes of the 4th.

When he hit the go ahead shot to give him 58 i fist pumped.. the final 4 minutes were beautiful.... its just the other 44 minutes of the game it all seemed forced.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 03:27 AM
I will say this... nobody can ever say the defense gave it to him because they were on him a good bit of the night like it was prime kobe.

joedaheights
04-14-2016, 03:31 AM

You don't really think he's the goat, do you?

joedaheights
04-14-2016, 03:37 AM
Since you felt like saying something like that. MJ > Kobe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LAr6oAKieHk

basch152
04-14-2016, 03:48 AM

People like you are the reason Americans are mocked and hated worldwide.

Always such xenophibic hate.

Really cant wait to find out what minority the right will drum up fear against next after they lose their war against gays and latins.

PurpleJesus
04-14-2016, 04:24 AM

Over a point per shot, not that inefficient.

PurpleJesus
04-14-2016, 04:24 AM
#mambablood

This is why you don't let hate get in your way of witnessing greatness. I hated Kobe, and ignored his greatness for a long time. Now he's gone, and I won't ever be able to witness his greatness again. and he exited in probably the best way any great has ever exited the game.

Enjoy Lebron while you can, enjoy Curry while you can...theres probably only 5-7 players on these levels you will be able to see in your lifetime, appreciate what they are before they are gone from the game.

G_S_W
04-14-2016, 04:30 AM

GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

But seriously, I'm just glad that rapist american is finally retiring. No need to look at his strange ET looking mug any longer during nba games.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2016, 05:02 AM
Gosh damn it must erk some of you so bad that a "selfish, inefficient, chucking, ball hog, rapist, rat, bad teammate, cheater, ET looking mug" won 5 rings while breaking NBA records and was adored by fans across the globe the enire year. I can only imagine the salty taste in your mouths. Im sorry you had to go through that for so long.

G_S_W
04-14-2016, 05:09 AM
Gosh damn it must erk some of you so bad that a "selfish, inefficient, chucking, ball hog, rapist, rat, bad teammate, cheater, ET looking mug" won 5 rings while breaking NBA records and was adored by fans across the globe the enire year. I can only imagine the salty taste in your mouths. Im sorry you had to go through that for so long.

KOBE GAWN! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

CAN! YOU! DIG! IT!!!!!!

ewing
04-14-2016, 05:38 AM
I like seeing basketball players shoot the basketball and score.

ewing
04-14-2016, 05:39 AM
Kobe Kobe Kobe

PhillyFaninLA
04-14-2016, 05:52 AM

I genuinely feel sorry for you...the type of poor self esteem, poor self worth, and tamper tantrum type post here is a little sad....I hope you can deal with your issues and raise the internally directed hate that leads to this type of post....its craving attention the way a 4 year old does...so I feel sorry for you.

R. Johnson#3
04-14-2016, 06:16 AM
Don't care how many shots he took, that was awesome to see. I'm happy he could do that one last time.

D-Leethal
04-14-2016, 06:39 AM
epic

archdevil84
04-14-2016, 06:58 AM
thanks for one final epic performance kobe! #mambaout

PowerHouse
04-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Un ****ing believable!!!

And I heard something about the Warriors played last night too or something?..anyways back to Kobe.

MJL80
04-14-2016, 08:54 AM
I'm sorry, but hogging the ball all game and chucking up 50 field goal attempts in a meaningless game is an absolute joke. Nobody can deny the fact the Kobe is an all-time great, but basketball is a team sport. Was it dramatic? Yes. But it was also completely selfish.

nycericanguy
04-14-2016, 09:10 AM
damn i went to bed with the 4th quarter about halfway through and he had 43 and lakers were down 9, he looked so tired.

i wake up and he got to 60 and lakers won!? nice... sad i missed that ending, mustve been nuts.

R. Johnson#3
04-14-2016, 09:24 AM
I'm sorry, but hogging the ball all game and chucking up 50 field goal attempts in a meaningless game is an absolute joke. Nobody can deny the fact the Kobe is an all-time great, but basketball is a team sport. Was it dramatic? Yes. But it was also completely selfish.

So you wanted to see one of the all time greats play team basketball in his last game and shy away from doing what he did best for so many years? Come on. I know basketball is a team game and Kobe is a ball hog but come on. Nobody gave a **** about any of the other players on the Lakers last night.

R. Johnson#3
04-14-2016, 09:27 AM
You just knew he was going to win it when he got hot at the end of the 4th. I've always admired Kobe's game but have never rooted for the Lakers to win anything. Last night was the first night I truly wanted the Lakers to win. I've never cheered more for a team that wasn't the Raptprs.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Kobe being Kobe, was awesome.

Great career, later dude

Tony_Starks
04-14-2016, 09:31 AM
I'm still in awe. The way his teammates were going crazy. Shaq court side egging him on, all the OG Lakers coming out after the game and recognizing....even sorry _s Devean George got in on the act! Lol

Crazy, what a way to go out.

valade16
04-14-2016, 09:33 AM
Just for fun I looked up the point totals of other players who had taken 45+ shots in a game:

Kobe: 60 points on 50 shots
MJ: 64 points on 49 shots
C-Webb: 51 points on 47 shots

Not too much different than Kobe. Kobe and MJ actually had a lot of other games at 45+ shots but I only picked the one where they shot the most.

Either way Kobe wasn't drastically more inefficient than the other guys who have shot that many shots in a game.

smith&wesson
04-14-2016, 09:36 AM
There are superstars in this league who cant drop 60 in a game in their prime. Kobe's such a beast.

ghettosean
04-14-2016, 09:46 AM

Where were you when Lebron scored 44 points off of 38 shots in Game 1 of the finals last year.... Oh yeah you were praising him and kissing his ***... SMH.

Serious dude stop with your it's not basketball crap cause you jump the other way if Lebron does something similar so just STFU already. He shot nearly 50% from the field and the Lakers won just give it a rest already with this kind of crap.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Just for fun I looked up the point totals of other players who had taken 45+ shots in a game:

Not too much different than Kobe. Kobe and MJ actually had a lot of other games at 45+ shots but I only picked the one where they shot the most.

Either way Kobe wasn't drastically more inefficient than the other guys who have shot that many shots in a game.

yeah that is interesting. And I doubt either were like 38 years old with multiple lower body injuries in their 30's...

I hate Kobe. Always have. But I chilled out this year after he announced his retirement, and figured I would at least enjoy his last year and watch another all timer sail off into the sunset. While it stinks (for him and his fans) that his team is so lousy, it was nice watching all the fans around the country embrace him during his run.

The last game couldn't have gone any more perfect for Kobe, or his fans. Kobe chucking away, getting the win, and reminding everyone what Kobe is all about. Great ending

Sly Guy
04-14-2016, 09:57 AM

I'm the first to criticize a player for being inefficient, but last night, he really wasn't all *that* bad, and I really was looking to jump on him for it. Yeah, it's selfish to take that many shots, but really, last night was for his fanatical fans, not fans of the game. Let them have their fun, it'll be for the last time.

pacofunk64
I am not a Kobe fan at all. Never have been but damn I am glad I watched that game last night. For 3 quarters I switched between Lakers and GS. This was a special game to go out on for everyone. He dominated the last 5 minutes or so of that game. The only thing I was hoping for was a game winning shot to win the game.

Once that game was over it finally hit me how special of a player he really was. It also saddens me that he is really the last of his type to be a true type A personality. I hate that all these guys know each other and are buddy buddy. It takes away from that competitive fire.

Mamba Out!

Vinylman
Utah and Toronto are in bad company. One gives the oldest 60 point mark and the other gave an 81 point mark. Pretty ugly shot total but 60 is 60.

classic

Vinylman
04-14-2016, 10:05 AM
the atmosphere was amazing... i am just speaking from personal taste... I just get sick over 50 forced shots.. If he was hot all game and was doing it id have no gripe but it wasnt basketball to me until the final minutes of the 4th.

When he hit the go ahead shot to give him 58 i fist pumped.. the final 4 minutes were beautiful.... its just the other 44 minutes of the game it all seemed forced.

what was inefficient about the 50 shots?

and fwiw................... no one really gives a **** what YOU wanted

ewing
04-14-2016, 10:05 AM
I'm the first to criticize a player for being inefficient, but last night, he really wasn't all *that* bad, and I really was looking to jump on him for it. Yeah, it's selfish to take that many shots, but really, last night was for his fanatical fans, not fans of the game. Let them have their fun, it'll be for the last time.

How the **** is it selfish? everyone on his team wanted him to shoot. It might be a little self indulgent but maybe Kobe earned that on a night that everything was about him

Vinylman
04-14-2016, 10:10 AM

thanks for looking it up... the stupidity in this thread is beyond belief

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2016, 10:16 AM
I genuinely feel sorry for you...the type of poor self esteem, poor self worth, and tamper tantrum type post here is a little sad....I hope you can deal with your issues and raise the internally directed hate that leads to this type of post....its craving attention the way a 4 year old does...so I feel sorry for you.

LMAO! I guess you must be one of the salty ones. I call out dudes hating/baiting for no reason and you take exception with my post? Thats a you problem. I truly feel sorry for you. Now I know why you had to move away from LA, you can't handle it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2016, 10:19 AM
If you think people paid from $900 to $30,000 per seat to see Kobe set solid screens and proper two handed bounce passes, you know jack $h1t about him, Laker fans, basketball history.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2016, 10:21 AM
If you think people paid from $900 to $30,000 per seat to see Kobe set solid screens and proper two handed bounce passes, you know jack $h1t about him, Laker fans, basketball history.

hahaha, right?

"Damn, did you see that screen Kobe set?"

ewing
04-14-2016, 10:26 AM
hahaha, right?

"Damn, did you see that screen Kobe set?"

i really wanted to see more boxing out!

flea
04-14-2016, 10:29 AM
So long, Mr. Brian. You were a greater Laker than Magic in my eyes (not that I'd ever stoop to rooting for a Laker).

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 10:30 AM

LMAO what did I say? Someone would come on here and find something negative to say hahaha PSD man PSD

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm still in awe. The way his teammates were going crazy. Shaq court side egging him on, all the OG Lakers coming out after the game and recognizing....even sorry _s Devean George got in on the act! Lol

Crazy, what a way to go out.

Kareem Rush and even Adam Morrsion was there too lol

JasonJohnHorn
04-14-2016, 10:38 AM
Can't even write this? Um.. yes... actually... the entire thing seemed extremely scripted.

Utah was out of playoff contention; Kobe is given 50 shots. Please. Nice finish. But this was clearly one of those times when the guys on the court were just letting the old guy have his last hurrah. Had the Rockets lost their last game, this would have had a very different outcome, because Utah would have been playing for a playoff spot. As it stood... the would not be in the playoffs, and would not be improving their draft position by winning or losing. For Utah, the game was meaningless.
They gave Kobe a pass.

It's a great headline, don't get me wrong, but totally scripted.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Kareem Rush and even Adam Morrsion was there too lol

Morrison looked a lot better without his dirty beard. I didnt recognize him.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2016, 10:43 AM

Great stat. I brought this up when Kobe dropped 81 and the haters said "Jordan could've did that too if he WANTED to" ... actually MJ took three more shots than Kobe did that night and never came close to 81.

Bottom line 60 is 60, and 60 at that age and injury history is beyond comprehension.

Anyone criticizing that sounds like those people singing in that hate Kobe commercial....which was great btw!

ewing
04-14-2016, 10:43 AM
Morrison looked a lot better without his dirty beard. I didnt recognize him.

Morrison is a prepper

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highlight/adam-morrison-is-a-fully-equipped-doomsday-prepper

Tony_Starks
04-14-2016, 10:44 AM
Can't even write this? Um.. yes... actually... the entire thing seemed extremely scripted.

Utah was out of playoff contention; Kobe is given 50 shots. Please. Nice finish. But this was clearly one of those times when the guys on the court were just letting the old guy have his last hurrah. Had the Rockets lost their last game, this would have had a very different outcome, because Utah would have been playing for a playoff spot. As it stood... the would not be in the playoffs, and would not be improving their draft position by winning or losing. For Utah, the game was meaningless.
They gave Kobe a pass.

Someone didn't watch the game.

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 10:46 AM

They gave Kobe a pass.

Yup, the NBA said The Lakers would be down with 3 minutes to go and Kobe will have to score 14 points and hit some tough shots in the last 3 minutes of a game that he has already played 39 minutes in (the most this season ). Great script. Lol. Kobe took over the script and wrote the ending by making shots at the end

PowerHouse
04-14-2016, 10:50 AM
New NBA record for FGAs in a game but we all knew he was going out guns a blazin' like Scarface. And the Utah Jazz were Sosa's henchmen.

And 44% is pretty damn good with the other teams defense draped all over him all game.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2016, 10:55 AM

They gave Kobe a pass.

Yeah, I'm sure the Rockets who were fighting for a playoff spot the other day, let him have 35 as well. Kobe is one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. I don't think he needs any help to be able to put the ball in the basket. He didn't get a lot of easy layups. He got contested jump shots and hit them.

LeonFSU
04-14-2016, 10:59 AM
He was actually efficient on 2pt attempts, as Hubie Brown mentioned. That was probably my only gripe midway through the game in that he could have gotten better shots instead of forcing so many threes. He redeemed himself in the end though.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Morrison is a prepper

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highlight/adam-morrison-is-a-fully-equipped-doomsday-prepper

That totally makes sense. Although I would think a prepper would look like he used to with the beard. For some reason he looks like a sleazy 80's salesman living in LA who uses cheesy lines to pick up chicks at bars while driving a red convertible.

DR_1
04-14-2016, 11:02 AM
What a performance. My friends and I were going nuts watching this game (2 of them are Lakers fans). I'm going to miss Kobe a lot, he's been in the league ever since I've been following it. One of my favorite players too :(

ewing
04-14-2016, 11:03 AM
That totally makes sense. Although I would think a prepper would look like he used to with the beard. For some reason he looks like a sleazy 80's salesman living in LA who uses cheesy lines to pick up chicks at bars while driving a red convertible.

he's a ****ing weirdo. dude could really put the ball in the hole too. I know he was slow as **** but i think the fact that he is batshit crazy probably got in his way some as far being able to transition to the NBA game. I sometimes wonder how much teams know about guys before they draft them. For example did Joe Dumars know Darko was a totally insane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woWqSmichOo

Vinylman
04-14-2016, 11:06 AM
Someone didn't watch the game.

Don't bother him with the details

He was busy constructing his next epic PSD thread..................

Scoots
04-14-2016, 11:13 AM
I agree.

This.

The republic of Kobestan lost it's king, let the residents celebrate it the way they want.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-14-2016, 11:19 AM
damn i went to bed with the 4th quarter about halfway through and he had 43 and lakers were down 9, he looked so tired.

i wake up and he got to 60 and lakers won!? nice... sad i missed that ending, mustve been nuts.

you fail at life :clap:

Hangin n Wangin
04-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Typical PSD haters. That's why this basketball forum is such a joke.

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2016, 11:32 AM
I don't have the stats, but Kobe was something like 5-5 when it counted, accounting for just about all of the points in the final quarter if you are counting both scoring and assists, took the difficult shot to put the Lakers ahead and never looked back. The irony? His very last act as an NBA player was an assist.

I can't speak for anyone, but this was a solid way to end an epic career. A championship would have been nice, but short of that, yeah, give me Kobe being Kobe one last time, with Jay Z humbly asking for 40 points... and Shaq challenging, daring Kobe to get 50 ... and Mamba willing himself to get 10 more points above what we thought old man Kobe could muster when the game was on the line. Well done, Black Mamba, well done.

Ball_Out
04-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Typical PSD haters. That why this basketball forum is such a joke.

I agree.

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 11:40 AM
Inefficient? Really? Yeah.. goodbye. Don't want to be a part of a forum in which blatant idiocy is still a thing.

JAZZNC
04-14-2016, 12:13 PM
Even as a Jazz fan, I was smiling and cheering at the end knowing what was about to happen to us. I knew if it was close at the end there was no way in hell he was gonna let his team lose the game. I am so glad I stayed up way too damn late to watch the game. I flipped to the GS game for about a minute and went right back to Kobe. He put every last bit of energy and effort he had into that game, you HAVE to respect that at the very least. Enjoy your retirement Kobe, you HAVE earned it. Thanks for all the memories and epic moments throughout your career. This was en epic and fitting ending to his career and he did it his way from start to finish.

PurpleLynch
04-14-2016, 12:15 PM

They gave Kobe a pass.

You didn't watch the game then,they played fairly good defense on him for all quarters,they didn't gift him anything.
Probably they weren't prepared for a 38 years old dude playing out of his mind for his last game of his entire career,but that's what exactly happened. Also,user Valade brings good point on the shooting displayed by him.

PS:just enjoy the moment. Kobe is my favourite player of all time,grew up watching Nba as a Lakers fan in Shaq-Kobe era. The amount of disrespect and idiocy in this thread is huge,but this kind of thread shows exactly who is a good poster and who is a professional troll/racist baiter.

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Somebody should tell Jason Whitlock from the herd to come on this forum because the hate he has for Kobe right now is real and just as bad as the hate for Kobe here on PSD lol

aman_13
04-14-2016, 12:34 PM
That was really fun to watch. What a way to go out!

phantasyyy
04-14-2016, 12:47 PM

They gave Kobe a pass.

Did you even watch the game? Sure he took a **** ton of shots, but its not like the Jazz weren't playing defense. He hit some tough, Kobe-like shots, especially at the end to ice the game.

A lot of people are criticizing the 50 shots, but he did shoot 44% which is right in line with his career average. If he wasn't so old/tired and didn't shoot so many 3's he would've been pretty efficient- he just didn't have the energy to keep driving on every possesion. If you take out his ghastly 3pt %, he was 16/29...55% inside the arc.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 01:21 PM
I never would expect anything less from a player like Kobe.

50 shots, the most in 33 years....in an unnecessary, glory stroke of his ego game.

It's not that Kobe couldn't shine in his last game, and yeah, he made some cool shots. But this is the perfect example of his huge ego and I don't understand people applauding it. Can you imagine if Jordan went and took 50 shots in his last game? Or LeBron or Duncan or Kareem or Wilt?

Just Kobe does this stuff

Jordan took 15 shots in his last game
Kareem took 8 (6 in his last regular season game)

This is Kobe all day. This is not an accomplishment, this is a guy with a massive ego, in a sport where fans and talk show hosts think it's impressive that he walks away with 60.....60 on 50 shots, which is basically the same ratio the league averages it's scoring per shot on. The league this year scored 1.21 points per shot. Kobe last night scored 1.2. Why people applaud his chucking I'll never understand. It was a pointless game, focused on his ego. And he shined that ego for everybody to stand and cheer. It was disgusting, nothing less.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Kobe always rises to the occasion even if you don't agree with his way of "rising". Kobe to the bitter end.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 01:24 PM

50 shots, the most in 33 years....in an unnecessary, glory stroke of his ego game.

It's not that Kobe couldn't shine in his last game, and yeah, he made some cool shots. But this is the perfect example of his huge ego and I don't understand people applauding it. Can you imagine if Jordan went and took 50 shots in his last game? Or LeBron or Duncan or Kareem or Wilt?

This is Kobe all day. This is not an accomplishment, this is a guy with a massive ego, in a sport where fans and talk show hosts think it's impressive that he walks away with 60.....60 on 50 shots, which is basically the same ratio the league averages it's scoring per shot on. The league this year scored 1.21 points per shot. Kobe last night scored 1.2. Why people applaud his chucking I'll never understand. It was a pointless game, focused on his ego. And he shined that ego for everybody to stand and cheer. It was disgusting, nothing less.

It was definitely the kind of game that reminded you why you hated kobe in the first place, but the circumstances made for some pretty good entertainment. Every once in a while it's ok to put thinking aside and just enjoy right?

Sportsguy9695
04-14-2016, 01:26 PM
Never was a big Kobe fan but going out like that is one hell of a statement. I don't think you could write a better ending other then him winning a championship then retiring like Peyton Manning did.

Gibby23

Again, like people have been saying, it doesn't matter what you think. it wasn't for you, you didn't have to watch.

People were not dropping $1000 to $30,000 on tickets to see how Kobe would rebound or pass. Kobe was a major part of 5 championship teams and he was gunning on all 5 of those. The goal is to win the whole thing and in the NBA the last 20 years Kobe leads the way.

Jeffy25

It's not the efficiency that bothers some (probably only me)

It's that it was a completely pointless, unnecessary, and ego focused game on him.

It's his farewell game, and he overtakes the game to set a headline.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Again, like people have been saying, it doesn't matter what you think. it wasn't for you, you didn't have to watch.

People were not dropping $1000 to $30,000 on tickets to see how Kobe would rebound or pass. Kobe was a major part of 5 championship teams and he was gunning on all 5 of those. The goal is to win the whole thing and in the NBA the last 20 years Kobe leads the way.

I realize it's not for me.

But I, like anyone else here, am welcomed to my opinion of what I witnessed.

The NBA loves egos and self applause, Kobe is the shiny example of that.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Even as a Jazz fan, I was smiling and cheering at the end knowing what was about to happen to us. I knew if it was close at the end there was no way in hell he was gonna let his team lose the game. I am so glad I stayed up way too damn late to watch the game. I flipped to the GS game for about a minute and went right back to Kobe. He put every last bit of energy and effort he had into that game, you HAVE to respect that at the very least. Enjoy your retirement Kobe, you HAVE earned it. Thanks for all the memories and epic moments throughout your career. This was en epic and fitting ending to his career and he did it his way from start to finish.
That's big of you considering the day that your team had. Jazz are a really good young team and the injuries cost them. They will be in the playoffs for sure next year.

CHANGO
04-14-2016, 01:31 PM
It's funny how everyone is saying it was a great game and blah blah, we are talking about 50 mother****ing shots... That's the most in any NBA game after Jordan took 49. This was just a game for Kobe to shoot like crazy, to do the damn thing he always wanted to do, shoot everything with an excuse.

It was impressive, sure, in the last minutes when he hit those shots to close the game. But it was ugly before that with he shooting bricks all over the place. Of course, like always, people and the media is going to forget the 50 shots and focus on the 60 points and being clutch. Wooohoooo! The greatest.

Anyways, he went out like he wanted to, even he joked about that. It was his moment. Now on to the next one.

WaDe03
04-14-2016, 01:33 PM
Lmao people are mad about this? ESPN is dumb as **** for moving this game to ESPN2 you didn't even hear much about the Warriors breaking the record and there were like 5,200,000 tweets for Kobe and 48,000 for the Warriors.

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 01:33 PM
I realize it's not for me.

But I, like anyone else here, am welcomed to my opinion of what I witnessed.

The NBA loves egos and self applause, Kobe is the shiny example of that.

Yup, he is, accomplished some great things in the last 20 years because of it also. Also, nobody made you witness it. You didn't tune in to watch the Lakers game or to see the style they would play, you tuned in to watch Kobe. If you cared about style of play and playing the game the right way, you could have watched the Warriors play. I know you don't watch much basketball or know the sport much, you like to look at the stats and see if you can make sense of the sport. lol

WaDe03
04-14-2016, 01:34 PM
It wasn't an inefficient 60 though all his numbers were pretty decent. The team force fed him the ball he had no choice regardless. It's hilarious people are upset about this.

Vinylman
04-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Inefficient? Really? Yeah.. goodbye. Don't want to be a part of a forum in which blatant idiocy is still a thing.

It's the same haters everytime........... they have their predetermined narrative locked and loaded without looking at the facts.

truly sad

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 01:36 PM
Yup, he is, accomplished some great things in the last 20 years because of it also. Also, nobody made you witness it. You didn't tune in to watch the Lakers game or to see the style they would play, you tuned in to watch Kobe. If you cared about style of play and playing the game the right way, you could have watched the Warriors play. I know you don't watch much basketball or know the sport much, you like to look at the stats and see if you can make sense of the sport. lol

I didn't watch the game, I saw the highlights. I don't care about Kobe in the least. The NBA loves to adore this kind of stuff, and it's the thing I most dislike about the NBA. Self applause and jubilation.

Everyone is welcomed to their opinion, but give me Tim Duncan 10 times out of 10

phantasyyy
04-14-2016, 01:38 PM

That massive ego is what made Kobe who he is today. Love him or hate him I'm not sure how even kobe-haters could say something bad about going out this way. Everyone in the arena came to see him play, and he put on a spectacle for the fans that will always be remembered. The only thing that I can see people griping about out is how many 3 pointers he took and that's pretty much it. Which is understandable as he is a 37-year player with multiple serious injuries and he just didn't have the legs to constantly drive and attack the paint.

22/50, 44% - as you have seen as well its not like he's playing with allstars either ;)

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 01:38 PM
It's the same haters everytime........... they have their predetermined narrative locked and loaded without looking at the facts.

truly sad

What facts are being missed? You want the narrative. Kobe left it all out there on the court? He won the game by shooting the Lakers into it? A NBA hero saying goodbye by hitting fade-aways?

I see a different story. One driven by ego and me-ball. It's all about me!!!!

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 01:40 PM
I didn't watch the game, I saw the highlights. I don't care about Kobe in the least. The NBA loves to adore this kind of stuff, and it's the thing I most dislike about the NBA. Self applause and jubilation.

Everyone is welcomed to their opinion, but give me Tim Duncan 10 times out of 10

That's great, you are welcome to your opinion, but in this thread, about Kobe and his last game, nobody cares what you think. Regarding most basketball topics, most posters don't really care what you think. You don't even watch games, if you do it is probably less than 10 a year.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 01:40 PM
It wasn't an inefficient 60 though all his numbers were pretty decent. The team force fed him the ball he had no choice regardless. It's hilarious people are upset about this.

Nobody is upset. Everyone knew this would happen before the game started. It's just strange how this is glorified.

valade16
04-14-2016, 01:42 PM

It's that it was a completely pointless, unnecessary, and ego focused game on him.

Well they won that game, something they haven't been able to do very much this season. I'm not about to critique the game plan of any game the Lakers actually won this season considering how few times that has been.

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 01:45 PM
What facts are being missed? You want the narrative. Kobe left it all out there on the court? He won the game by shooting the Lakers into it? A NBA hero saying goodbye by hitting fade-aways?

Lol... It was all about him, if you fallowed the day and all the pre game and post game stuff that the Lakers did for him, all the items that were made to sell for this day, all the stuff that sold this day, all the twitter mentions, the prices of tickets, it was all about Kobe and the people got exactly what they wanted. It didn't matter what you wanted.

Everyone made it known from the Lakers, AEG, Nike, Fans, other NBA players, and other athletes that it was about Kobe. Kobe went out and showed them what they wanted to and paid to see.

Bostonjorge
04-14-2016, 01:47 PM

This game was for us the fans. Everyone went crazy with every point he scored. It really felt like a game 7 for the lakers players and fans. Even Legends and hip hop icons wanted Kobe to score 50. The world stop spinning so Kobe could hit the last 2 free throws to get 60.

Yesterday Kobe was bigger then the NBA and records being broken. Yesterday a great basketball story was told and it will never be forgotten.

valade16

But was it the worst kind of chucking if it was actually league average efficiency? If he was wildly inefficient I think you'd have more of a point, but given how inefficient his team is in general, him being able to score at a league average rate is a benefit to the team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/field-goals/sort/scoringEfficiency/league/west/count/41

Clarkson: 1.12 PPS
Russell: 1.10 PPS
Randle: 1.10 PPS

So Kobe was actually more efficient on his shots than the rest of the Lakers scorers normally are. I will be the first person to tell you I hate the Lakers and I hate Kobe, but I really don't see the complaint here.

You are mad he took a lot of shots in a game they actually won (when they don't win that often), while scoring more efficiently than his team usually scores.

DODGERS&LAKERS

truly sad
You have to remember, its one of the last few times they can talk ish about him so they are going all out like Kobe did last night and emptying that chamber. If we're going to celebrate Kobe giving everything he had for the final time, I guess we should appreciate the haters doing it for one final time as well. Its fitting.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 01:48 PM
That's great, you are welcome to your opinion, but in this thread, about Kobe and his last game, nobody cares what you think. Regarding most basketball topics, most posters don't really care what you think. You don't even watch games, if you do it is probably less than 10 a year.

1. I don't have to share your opinion to have people agree with me.

2. I don't have to watch 300+ games a year to understand the sport or have an adverse knowledge of it. Using documented statistics to support my arguments isn't a sign I don't understand the sport. It's a sign that I use more than just my own judgment to support what I am saying. Ya know, use facts.

3. I watch quite a bit of games, but that doesn't change my knowledge of the game. When you are watching, you are witnessing narratives, which do nothing to support argument.

4. If you think any posters in here care more about what you say than me, than you are on a cloud. Nobody cares what I say or what you say. It's a basketball forum, neither of us are regarded highly in our understanding of the sport nor is anyone going to particularly care about our opinions.

I'm not a Kobe fan. I don't love the self adulation. I don't like guys that shoot their way through games and use justifications for doing that. If Kobe has this skill all year, then where has it been? Why has he not been leaving it out on the court all year?

Kobe fans love to point to his efforts and tenacity as though it makes him special. What makes him special is he could create difficult shots low on the shot clock. He is an all-time great with good durability. A good 2 to have on any roster.

His ego is what both got him in trouble and what made him inefficient and short of Jordan.

To cap this. I don't applaud last night. It was unnecessary and just his way of putting a feather in his cap and making it all about him. I don't like the ego. I don't appreciate the style. It's my opinion.

And further, using facts and information to support my arguments is not a sign that I don't know the sport. It's a sign that I use education to support, not narratives and feelings.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 01:49 PM
But was it the worst kind of chucking if it was actually league average efficiency? If he was wildly inefficient I think you'd have more of a point, but given how inefficient his team is in general, him being able to score at a league average rate is a benefit to the team.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/field-goals/sort/scoringEfficiency/league/west/count/41

Clarkson: 1.12 PPS
Russell: 1.10 PPS
Randle: 1.10 PPS

So Kobe was actually more efficient on his shots than the rest of the Lakers scorers normally are. I will be the first person to tell you I hate the Lakers and I hate Kobe, but I really don't see the complaint here.

You are mad he took a lot of shots in a game they actually won (when they don't win that often), while scoring more efficiently than his team usually scores.

So why didn't he do this all year?

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 01:50 PM
This game was for us the fans. Everyone went crazy with every point he scored. It really felt like a game 7 for the lakers players and fans. Even Legends and hip hop icons wanted Kobe to score 50. The world stop spinning so Kobe could hit the last 2 free throws to get 60.

Yesterday Kobe was bigger then the NBA and records being broken. Yesterday a great basketball story was told and it will never be forgotten.

And this is our difference of opinion.

It wasn't for the fans, it was for him.

It was a pointless game for another feather in the cap

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 01:54 PM
1. I don't have to share your opinion to have people agree with me.

2. I don't have to watch 300+ games a year to understand the sport or have an adverse knowledge of it. Using documented statistics to support my arguments isn't a sign I don't understand the sport. It's a sign that I use more than just my own judgment to support what I am saying. Ya know, use facts.

3. I watch quite a bit of games, but that doesn't change my knowledge of the game. When you are watching, you are witnessing narratives, which do nothing to support argument.

4. If you think any posters in here care more about what you say than me, than you are on a cloud. Nobody cares what I say or what you say. It's a basketball forum, neither of us are regarded highly in our understanding of the sport nor is anyone going to particularly care about our opinions.

I'm not a Kobe fan. I don't love the self adulation. I don't like guys that shoot their way through games and use justifications for doing that. If Kobe has this skill all year, then where has it been? Why has he not been leaving it out on the court all year?

Kobe fans love to point to his efforts and tenacity as though it makes him special. What makes him special is he could create difficult shots low on the shot clock. He is an all-time great with good durability. A good 2 to have on any roster.

His ego is what both got him in trouble and what made him inefficient and short of Jordan.

To cap this. I don't applaud last night. It was unnecessary and just his way of putting a feather in his cap and making it all about him. I don't like the ego. I don't appreciate the style. It's my opinion.

And further, using facts and information to support my arguments is not a sign that I don't know the sport. It's a sign that I use education to support, not narratives and feelings.

Again, nobody cares. It wasn't for you. People got to see what they wanted and everything from sales, ticket prices, the internet, and viewership supports that.

Shady66
04-14-2016, 02:01 PM
I can die happy now

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rocco007
04-14-2016, 02:03 PM
When History is revisited...

Drafted out of HS
Came off the Bench for 2/3 years...still made All star game
Played 2nd Alpha for first half of his career
Championships with a variety of different teams as the driving force
Overcame Injuries that would've ended anyone else's career
Dropped 60 as a reminder in his curtain call
All 20 years with the same Jersey on
He is the face of DETERMINATION (sinking 2 free throws to seal a playoff birth with a torn achilles)

HOT HANDED COLD BLOODED
Channel the Villain Unleash the Hero
He surpassed MJ as the ULTIMATE COMPETITOR

His Legacy will be the Greatest in all of sports...

valade16
04-14-2016, 02:22 PM
When History is revisited...

Drafted out of HS
Came off the Bench for 2/3 years...still made All star game
Played 2nd Alpha for first half of his career
Championships with a variety of different teams as the driving force
Overcame Injuries that would've ended anyone else's career
Dropped 60 as a reminder in his curtain call
All 20 years with the same Jersey on
He is the face of DETERMINATION (sinking 2 free throws to seal a playoff birth with a torn achilles)

HOT HANDED COLD BLOODED
Channel the Villain Unleash the Hero
He surpassed MJ as the ULTIMATE COMPETITOR

His Legacy will be the Greatest in all of sports...

Took it a bit too far...

R. Johnson#3
04-14-2016, 02:47 PM

Have you forgotten what's taken place over the last 3 years? The guy is broken. You could argue he injured his rotator cuff by going too hard last year. I think this season he finally accepted the inevitable. There's not a chance he could go that hard and make it through a full season.

Rocco007
04-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Took it a bit too far...
MJ loved Golf and Gambling...smoking cigars...even tried to go Deion Sanders with Baseball...after taking a few years off because he was bored...Basketball was never his only love and desire...and he never came back from any significant injuries...

Kobe breathed, ate and ***** Basketball...There has never been a question about his desire for the sport...
There is no question about his admiration and dedication for the Purple and Gold...Their fans and Organization.

MJ couldn't care any less about the Chicago Bulls Organization...

As a competitor, you also have to carry a sense of pride for your Jersey...

and it's been noted by PJ, that Kobe was a harder worker than MJ...and was more disciplined...

Something tells me you won't see Kobe with a Beer Gut at age 50...

72 Wins
04-14-2016, 03:10 PM
MJ loved Golf and Gambling...smoking cigars...even tried to go Deion Sanders with Baseball...after taking a few years off because he was bored...Basketball was never his only love and desire...and he never came back from any significant injuries...

Kobe breathed, ate and ***** Basketball...There has never been a question about his desire for the sport...
There is no question about his admiration and dedication for the Purple and Gold...Their fans and Organization.

MJ couldn't care any less about the Chicago Bulls Organization...

As a competitor, you also have to carry a sense of pride for your Jersey...

and it's been noted by PJ, that Kobe was a harder worker than MJ...and was more disciplined...

Something tells me you won't see Kobe with a Beer Gut at age 50...

LOL. Doesn't matter if Kobe was a harder worker or more "disciplined," the bottom line is MJ was better and had a better career. Kobe coming back from significant injuries? Did you not watch this season ? wow.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-14-2016, 03:19 PM
some mad people in this thread :laugh2:

get over it, he's now retired.

This game was all about Kobe, everyone and their mothers knew he was going out with his guns blazing. This is Kobe Bryant and thats why we love him.

ze gratest
no? asked

Lakers + Giants
04-14-2016, 03:24 PM
The only reason this game was even on ESPN was because it was KOBE's last game, not because it was lakers vs jazz. People tuned in to watch Kobe... NOT Lakers vs Jazz. What's so hard to understand that this game was all about kobe?! lmao

People paid huge amounts of money to watch kobe chuck the ball, and thats exactly what he did while still leading the lakers to victory and being a huge part of it.

If you were honestly tuned in to watch Hibbert play amazing defense while leading a 16-65 Lakers team then I don't know what to tell you. Kobe has always been told that he shoots too much, and he's always said "**** you, I'm going to shoot even more" so last night, he did just that. It was kobe's moment, people were there to watch him score for one last time. Sorry to all you fans that didn't get to see Roy Hibbert block out like a beast, and take advantage of his legendary rule of verticality awareness.

Scoots
04-14-2016, 03:25 PM
have an adverse knowledge of it

What is "adverse knowledge" of a game?

I watch quite a bit of games, but that doesn't change my knowledge of the game.

I certainly learn things from watching games ... NBA coaches, scouts, GMs, and players learn things from watching games.

he could create difficult shots low on the shot clock

Actually every NBA player ever can create a difficult shot. It's hitting that shot that is hard.

Hangin n Wangin
04-14-2016, 03:29 PM
The only reason this game was even on ESPN was because it was KOBE's last game, not because it was lakers vs jazz. People tuned in to watch Kobe... NOT Lakers vs Jazz. What's so hard to understand that this game was all about kobe?! lmao

People paid huge amounts of money to watch kobe chuck the ball, and thats exactly what he did while still leading the lakers to victory and being a huge part of it.

If you were honestly tuned in to watch Hibbert play amazing defense while leading a 16-65 Lakers team then I don't know what to tell you. Kobe has always been told that he shoots too much, and he's always said "**** you, I'm going to shoot even more" so last night, he did just that. It was kobe's moment, people were there to watch him score for one last time. Sorry to all you fans that didn't get to see Roy Hibbert block out like a beast, and take advantage of his legendary rule of verticality awareness.

It's just so hypocritical of people. People say Kobe shot to much but Jordan averaged more shots by a pretty good margin. The hate is real.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 03:33 PM
It's just so hypocritical of people. People say Kobe shot to much but Jordan averaged more shots by a pretty good margin. The hate is real.

i don't want to take this in a different direction but the criticism has never been strictly volume, it's been about shooting more than he could effectively make. just saying. if you think it's a matter of volume you have misunderstood the criticism that's all.

Atticus Finch
04-14-2016, 03:38 PM
Been watching the Lakers since the early 90's when the likes of Anthony Peeler, Sedale Threat and 80 year old James Worthy were the best players on the team. I watched Kobe's entire career, the good and the bad. I've criticized him plenty of times for shooting too much, gotten upset when him playing hero ball cost the Lakers a chance at winning the game, and I've also cheered wildly when he would catch fire in an instant and put on an absolute clinic against some of the best players in the league.

I'm a Lakers fan and last night was exactly what I wanted to see.

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 03:38 PM
i don't want to take this in a different direction but the criticism has never been strictly volume, it's been about shooting more than he could effectively make. just saying. if you think it's a matter of volume you have misunderstood the criticism that's all.

But his teams won with him doing it that way.

People should talk about a player like Steve Nash not shooting enough and passing too much. Maybe if he would have shot more, he could have got a title.

All the stats are fun to debate and they help rank players, but in the end you want to win a ring.

Pakman
04-14-2016, 03:39 PM
Stick to baseball jeffy.

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2016, 03:44 PM
KOBE GAWN!

...But the rings live on!!!

Hangin n Wangin
04-14-2016, 04:08 PM

Whatever he did, worked. Maybe you don't understand that.

Hangin n Wangin
04-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Stick to baseball jeffy.

The guy really doesn't have a clue. When it comes to baseball, he's knowledgeable. When it comes to basketball, it's like trying to teach a donkey to speak English.

Wrigheyes4MVP
04-14-2016, 04:12 PM
So why didn't he do this all year?

Because he wouldn't make it past 15 games lol

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2016, 04:19 PM

You have completely mischaracterized yesterday's game to fit your narrative. Please consider that his coach told him to shoot (and required him to play longer minutes than normal to do so), his fellow teammates wanted and told him to shoot, and that pretty much every fan of the Lakers and of Kobe wanted him to have a successful farewell party and score. Even Shaq challenged Kobe to get 50 points once it was evident that Kobe was enjoying a streaky day.

How you could watch the game, miss the entirety of the background detail and arrive at that completely asinine conclusion is beyond me. Your hate filter must be absolutely crippling.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 04:21 PM

And made way more in that volume.

Shooting in a high volume is fine if you are making the shots.

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 04:25 PM
And made way more in that volume.

Shooting in a high volume is fine if you are making the shots.

No it is fine if you win. Thats it, bottom line. Nash could have shot more, maybe he would have a ring.

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2016, 04:30 PM

Don't look now, but the blokes from another even more popular sport dared delay announcement of their urgent alert to their fans and the league in deference to, gasp, Kobe's special day. Oh no, another headline deliberately sabotaged due to Kobe. What will you do, pray tell? Oh, the carnage!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000652842/article/rams-held-trade-announcement-in-honor-of-kobe

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 04:31 PM

You sure you're not Jason Whitlock from the herd?

mngopher35
04-14-2016, 04:35 PM
Been watching the Lakers since the early 90's when the likes of Anthony Peeler, Sedale Threat and 80 year old James Worthy were the best players on the team. I watched Kobe's entire career, the good and the bad. I've criticized him plenty of times for shooting too much, gotten upset when him playing hero ball cost the Lakers a chance at winning the game, and I've also cheered wildly when he would catch fire in an instant and put on an absolute clinic against some of the best players in the league.

I'm a Lakers fan and last night was exactly what I wanted to see.

I am not a Laker fan (since Shaq). I am not a Kobe fan, in fact I don't really like him too much. I am a Twolves and general NBA fan. Last night is exactly what I wanted to see as well, almost perfect. People tuned in last night to see Kobe one last time and it seemed like he tried to give everyone what they wanted. The people who paid tons of money to be there and the fans at home just praying to see one last epic performance. I really can't imagine watching that game and hoping that they play team ball instead of letting Kobe do his thing.

I get that people have issue with his style or ball hogging (at times) or whatever but last night is totally different. He did exactly what he was supposed to do in the minds of 95% of people watching, go down swinging. It was Kobe being Kobe. I wouldn't have wanted that game to go any other way and honestly it woulda been disappointing if they played it like a regular game with no meaning. It was Awesome.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 04:44 PM
No it is fine if you win. Thats it, bottom line. Nash could have shot more, maybe he would have a ring.

And he would arguably be less efficient too.

But does that mean that the season that Kobe shot the most, it wasn't justified?

And let's not make this personal. I don't care for his style or when people praise the showmanship. I'm pretty firmly in the minority, but that doesn't mean you can or should try to attack me personally.

numba1CHANGsta
04-14-2016, 04:45 PM
Wonder what all of you Kobe haters will be complaining about next season when Kobe isn't playing anymore lol you guys will have to go find a new hobby just like Kobe

lakerfan85
04-14-2016, 04:50 PM
Caw Caw..

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 05:01 PM
But his teams won with him doing it that way.

People should talk about a player like Steve Nash not shooting enough and passing too much. Maybe if he would have shot more, he could have got a title.

All the stats are fun to debate and they help rank players, but in the end you want to win a ring.
Sure he won those rings but without the presence of several favorable factors - namely Shaq, Pau and Jackson he likely has zero. You can't justify the methods simply because the results were positive. It makes zero sense

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 05:01 PM
And he would arguably be less efficient too.

But does that mean that the season that Kobe shot the most, it wasn't justified?

And let's not make this personal. I don't care for his style or when people praise the showmanship. I'm pretty firmly in the minority, but that doesn't mean you can or should try to attack me personally.

If it led to wins, it was justified. If Nash shooting more and being less efficient led to more playoff wins and a ring, it would be justified.

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 05:02 PM
Wonder what all of you Kobe haters will be complaining about next season when Kobe isn't playing anymore lol you guys will have to go find a new hobby just like Kobe

Probably say he wasn't efficient enough about sleeping enough or something

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 05:03 PM
Sure he won those rings but without the presence of several favorable factors - namely Shaq, Pau and Jackson he likely has zero. You can't justify the methods simply because the results were positive. It makes zero sense

Great insight. I can go through every championship team and take away factors and say that the 1st or 2nd best players would have no rings if you take those certain factors away.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 05:04 PM
Whatever he did, worked. Maybe you don't understand that.
Refer to post 174

Hawkeye15
04-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Probably say he wasn't efficient enough about sleeping enough or something

his fit bit said he was restless!

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 05:20 PM
Great insight. I can go through every championship team and take away factors and say that the 1st or 2nd best players would have no rings if you take those certain factors away.
Bingo! So we should be able to agree that the "it worked" idea holds absolutely no water.

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Bingo! So we should be able to agree that the "it worked" idea holds absolutely no water.

No, because it worked. Us Lakers fans are happy about and wouldn't change it. You can argue about it all you want. I mean say your team, the Raptors, they are pretty efficient offensively but they are not winning anything anytime soon and as a fan I don't care how my team won.

Vinylman
04-14-2016, 06:14 PM

obviously someone didn't watch the game ....

keep hating... the little people need a leader

Chronz
04-14-2016, 06:31 PM
What a fun night. I'm still hung over and most of my friends were late for work. I imagine most of LA had a sluggish work day. Surprisingly low number of fans mocked my Shaq jersey.

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 06:33 PM
What a fun night. I'm still hung over and most of my friends were late for work. I imagine most of LA had a sluggish work day. Surprisingly low number of fans mocked my Shaq jersey.

You went to the game or just LA Live?

Chronz
04-14-2016, 07:11 PM
You went to the game or just LA Live?

Just the events. Traveled metro and everything. Kobe gave LA a reason to party on a random Wednesday night That's what i love the most. His game brought people together, quite the send off

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 07:28 PM
No, because it worked. Us Lakers fans are happy about and wouldn't change it. You can argue about it all you want. I mean say your team, the Raptors, they are pretty efficient offensively but they are not winning anything anytime soon and as a fan I don't care how my team won.
I get it, he's a hero to you. Critical thinking skills be damned.

AIRMAR72
04-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Stop dreaming man kobe was NEVER great he played on great TEAMS

ewing
04-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Just the events. Traveled metro and everything. Kobe gave LA a reason to party on a random Wednesday night That's what i love the most. His game brought people together, quite the send off

good for you Chronz. you are smarter then the rest these grumpy ****s

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 07:39 PM
I get it, he's a hero to you. Critical thinking skills be damned.

Lol. Salty. Show me the banners your efficient Raptors have hung? Or the efficient Canadian son Nash hung.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Lol. Salty. Show me the banners your efficient Raptors have hung? Or the efficient Canadian son Nash hung.

you really never stop with this kind of crap do you? I can show you banners the Efficient spurs have hanging? or does that not fit your narrative because you are just trying to take a shot at him and his team instead of adding anything to the actual topic at hand?

The baiting in this thread is sad... This isnt about Kobe vs Lebron or the raptors... Its about the night Kobe had and there should be opinions on both sides without constant baiting and backhanded posts.... If you do not want this type of discussion there is an appreciation thread for Kobe but THIS WAS ABOUT HIS NIGHT SO WHY SHOULDNT PEOPLE BRING UP 22 MAKES ON 50 SHOTS EXACTLY?

This type of **** gets so old and its why this part of the forum is so looked down and upon and solid posters like hawkeye and so on just stop posting in here in general because we can never have a debate without 90 percent of the posters getting angry or butthurt because an opinion doesnt fit their beliefs.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 07:53 PM
you really never stop with this kind of crap do you? I can show you banners the Efficient spurs have hanging? or does that not fit your narrative because you are just trying to take a shot at him and his team instead of adding anything to the actual topic at hand?

The baiting in this thread is sad... This isnt about Kobe vs Lebron or the raptors... Its about the night Kobe had and there should be opinions on both sides without constant baiting and backhanded posts.... If you do not want this type of discussion there is an appreciation thread for Kobe but THIS WAS ABOUT HIS NIGHT SO WHY SHOULDNT PEOPLE BRING UP 22 MAKES ON 50 SHOTS EXACTLY?

This type of **** gets so old and its why this part of the forum is so looked down and upon and solid posters like hawkeye and so on just stop posting in here in general because we can never have a debate without 90 percent of the posters getting angry or butthurt because an opinion doesnt fit their beliefs.

:worthy:

jerellh528
04-14-2016, 08:03 PM
One of the greatest moments I've ever witnessed in sports.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Perfect way to go out. Represents what his whole career has been about.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm not wasting my time if you can't keep the topic of conversation straight.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 08:24 PM

Bravo. Great perspective

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 08:55 PM
I'm not wasting my time if you can't keep the topic of conversation straight.

The topic of conversation is how great a night it was for Kobe, the Lakers, the Lakers fans, and a lot of people in Los Angeles

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 08:56 PM

You are one of the most inefficient posters on this site. All sports.

Jeffy25
04-14-2016, 09:12 PM
You are one of the most inefficient posters on this site. All sports.

Has the pot finally met the kettle?

ghettosean
04-14-2016, 09:18 PM

This is exactly why I pointed out in my original post to you when Lebron gets 44 points off of 38 shots last year in game 1 of the finals you and others will applaud him and say he had no one around him Kyrie and Love are down but Lebron did his best to carry his team on his back and shot nearly 50% from the field. It just shows the hypocrisy of some posters on this site where they will just rip certain players to fit there agenda (even if they did shoot near 50% from the field also) and sing a different tune when there favorite player or players does something similar.

Everyone is allowed there opinion in here but I just thought I'd point out my thoughts and opinions as well on the inconsistent rips some posters make in this forum. There is nothing wrong with what you said about in all caps but if you stay consistent with this type of opinion but when you come into a thread and rip one of the greatest players of all time who played a great game and your initial post says

Good that they won but this isnt basketball and its been my one negative for Kobe....

It's basketball dude he did this in a basketball game so you kindly need to get over yourself sir. One of the greatest of all time took his team and go to players of rookies, sophomores and scrubs and got a "W" in a game where he was being honored with a stadium full of fans chanting his name and begging him to shoot and responded to all this in a big way with one of the greatest final performances by a retiring player we have ever seen.

With what you post sometimes and how you post it it's no wonder you come under fire for silly posts like above.

Just my opinion!

Gibby23
04-14-2016, 09:24 PM
Has the pot finally met the kettle?

Can't really debate with you. Just a stats guy. Probably know nothing about offensive sets, defensive systems, rotations, or anything coaching or game related. It isn't a robot game.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 09:32 PM
The topic of conversation is how great a night it was for Kobe, the Lakers, the Lakers fans, and a lot of people in Los Angeles
Not between you and I it wasn't.

GREATNESS ONE
04-14-2016, 09:38 PM
How did Gibby get banned but yet all the other guys bickering and arguing with him in a bait fest are still on site? That doesn't seem very fair.

Jamiecballer
04-14-2016, 09:41 PM
Someone was banned? Damn I wished I'd seen those posts!

ewing
04-14-2016, 09:43 PM
Just watched Kobe's post game. never seen him smile so much.

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 10:34 PM
You see, this is how you know something is just instilled with some users on this site that is based purely on hate. Jeffy, you are a very knowledgeable poster and tout efficiency (which I also find as incredibly important in sports), but you need to understand that this was a special game. There is no nationally televised game for this Lakers vs Utah game if it wasn't it being Kobe's last game. Fans aren't paying an average of $1700 to watch Lou Williams jack up shots.. but they are damn sure paying to watch Kobe do it. It's Kobe. Hell, Kobe would acknowledge as much.. he's not stubborn enough to not realize he isn't jacking up shots but his teammates and bystanders urged him to take as many shots as he can. In a typical game in which it wasn't Kobe's final game, you have a point. If he was playing in a competitive team fighting for a playoff seeding, you have a point. This is a meaningless game in which the Jazz had zero chance of making the playoffs and Kobe found himself surpassing the media attention based off his performance. Even if you do spout about his 50 shots taken (which I do admit, was quite awkward seeing his teammate literally check him the ball every possession), can you explain what happened in the remaining minutes of the game? Down double-digits, Kobe led that team with a spectacular clutch performance after what you acknowledge was a rather inefficient night for Kobe.. At the very least, just appreciate that much. Based on empirical evidence, the Lakers play better without Kobe than when they do. Okay, let's assume Kobe sits his final game out... you can: 1) Take away this game from the nationally televised category.
2) Not a single person would care.
3) Average ticket prices would be drastically lower.
4) Point #2.

People watched it for Kobe. Hawkeye is also a PER type dude... and has posted saying his shot attempts didn't matter. And you can not tell me for a second that the remaining few minutes in the Utah vs Lakers game wasn't one of the best games this season.

Refer to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2R9WhojJ28
Does this sound like someone who is just filled with ego?
That's the ASG... where other superstars deserve the spot to showcase their talent. Kobe knows he didn't make it for his superb gameplay but rather, the fans appreciation of his career.

Now, refer to this Utah vs Lakers game.. Kobe KNOWS people paid to see him. If you found any other reason to watch a Lakers game without Kobe, you probably enjoy watching paint dry. He did everyone a favor by taking those shots.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2016, 11:41 PM
This is exactly why I pointed out in my original post to you when Lebron gets 44 points off of 38 shots last year in game 1 of the finals you and others will applaud him and say he had no one around him Kyrie and Love are down but Lebron did his best to carry his team on his back and shot nearly 50% from the field. It just shows the hypocrisy of some posters on this site where they will just rip certain players to fit there agenda (even if they did shoot near 50% from the field also) and sing a different tune when there favorite player or players does something similar.

Everyone is allowed there opinion in here but I just thought I'd point out my thoughts and opinions as well on the inconsistent rips some posters make in this forum. There is nothing wrong with what you said about in all caps but if you stay consistent with this type of opinion but when you come into a thread and rip one of the greatest players of all time who played a great game and your initial post says

It's basketball dude he did this in a basketball game so you kindly need to get over yourself sir. One of the greatest of all time took his team and go to players of rookies, sophomores and scrubs and got a "W" in a game where he was being honored with a stadium full of fans chanting his name and begging him to shoot and responded to all this in a big way with one of the greatest final performances by a retiring player we have ever seen.

With what you post sometimes and how you post it it's no wonder you come under fire for silly posts like above.

Just my opinion!

I agree with you about the first game that lebron shot to much but he also had 7 rebounds and 7 assists against one of if not the best teams ever on the road with no help and his shot percentage was better... I have no issues with the final 4 minutes of the laker game because it was magical.... The rest of the game was forced to me and not basketball... Kobe came down and would chuck it up rinse/repeat for the duration of the game.... I get why he did and I get that is what people came to see but me myself just isnt a fan of that type of basketball....

It had 0 to do with x and o and it was literally come down give him the ball and watch him shoot and 22 of 50 not being efficient.. Overall it was a magical performance for him as an individual and an amazing final 4 minutes.... Just not my cup of tea overall. Its the reason why i find iverson as overrated as I do and always **** on him when people overrate him.

Not comparing iverson to Kobe though because that is just disrespectful to kobe.

FlashBolt
04-15-2016, 12:19 AM
I agree with you about the first game that lebron shot to much but he also had 7 rebounds and 7 assists against one of if not the best teams ever on the road with no help and his shot percentage was better... I have no issues with the final 4 minutes of the laker game because it was magical.... The rest of the game was forced to me and not basketball... Kobe came down and would chuck it up rinse/repeat for the duration of the game.... I get why he did and I get that is what people came to see but me myself just isnt a fan of that type of basketball....

It had 0 to do with x and o and it was literally come down give him the ball and watch him shoot and 22 of 50 not being efficient.. Overall it was a magical performance for him as an individual and an amazing final 4 minutes.... Just not my cup of tea overall. Its the reason why i find iverson as overrated as I do and always **** on him when people overrate him.

Not comparing iverson to Kobe though because that is just disrespectful to kobe.

Okay, I'll break it down to you. Last night was an EXHIBITION game. Happy? All-Star games are an exhibition type game. Same deal. I mean really, what the hell did you guys expect to watch? I'm guessing you are a Sixers fan.. okay, would you rather pay to watch Iverson chuck up shots or Eric Snow?

Jeffy25
04-15-2016, 12:21 AM
Okay, I'll break it down to you. Last night was an EXHIBITION game. Happy? All-Star games are an exhibition type game. Same deal. I mean really, what the hell did you guys expect to watch? I'm guessing you are a Sixers fan.. okay, would you rather pay to watch Iverson chuck up shots or Eric Snow?

Personally? I would rather not see 'me-first' basketball. It is what it is

FlashBolt
04-15-2016, 01:06 AM

I would rather not either, believe me. But you didn't answer my question: Would you rather see Kobe taking the shots or Lou Williams/MWP? He played 'me-first' basketball because everyone encouraged him to. He didn't even want this farewell tour..

basketfan4life
04-15-2016, 02:42 AM
Ok, guys guys. I live in Turkey and i am a die hard Kobe fan. You can say Kobephile if you wish. But here is the thing, the game was at 5.30 AM in here. I of course watched it from the beginning to the end. Actually i was a little late to work. But the God Damn Crazy thing was my high school friends who i haven't saw in months all called me during the game, I mean that EARLY in the day, to say they are watching the game and how great Kobe is. And these guys aren't that in to Basketball. They are all soccer guys.

Then i went to work and i swear to you all, everybody was talking about Kobe and his 60 points in his final game. That was the hottest topic at work all day long and these guys are all software engineers and not that in to basketball too.

You can hate him for his final game, for that 50 shots or whatever. The guy has made your league, your sports and even your country more known and rich around the world. I don't think you get this from USA. I can find 3 Kobe fan here in Turkey for 1 ***insert any nba player name here*** fan. I gotta add people started to notice Curry even more than Lebron this last year and even that is nowhere close to Kobe Bryant.

ghettosean
04-15-2016, 05:04 AM

Wow one of the people siding with more than most thinks this was basketball. Ok interesting!

More-Than-Most
04-15-2016, 05:17 AM
Wow one of the people siding with more than most thinks this was basketball. Ok interesting!

I have no issues it is or isnt basketball... my bad on how i worded it... I even said above i dont like this type of basketball... so its more so the style of basketball than if its basketball that bothered me.

Jamiecballer
04-15-2016, 09:26 AM
as somebody already mentioned it was basically an all-star game for one and nobody really seemed to mind it so who cares. i'm not a kobe fan but it's good theatre since nothing was at stake.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2016, 09:52 AM
I don't get why people are arguing in here. Kobe is done. Let it go.

He went out how we all wanted him to, whether you liked it, were indifferent, or couldn't wait to criticize.

Like the commercial says, "Let it go....."

Vinylman
04-15-2016, 10:06 AM
you gotta love PSD... SFRUSH runs in and bans GIbby for his buddy Jeffy

****ing priceless

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Tony_Starks
04-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Some of you guys sound like the type of dudes that would watch a porno flick and complain about the script being poorly written....

ghettosean
04-15-2016, 10:58 AM

(sorry to posters to talk about Lebron but the initial sentence shoves stats that don't mean much to me)....

If you are going to go on the above stats posted by Lebron with 7 rebounds and 7 assists and a better FG% lets talk about it. Lebron did that at the age of 30 were Kobe did this at close to 38 years old and the magic number for the stats you posted is the number 3.... Lebron had 3 more assists and 3 more rebounds in 3 more minutes that Kobe and had a better FG% by 3% (magic number 3 ladies and gents).

Kobe's numbers are a bit different where you need to keep into context that the FG% was virtually identical but in less minutes he scored 16 more points being much older than Lebron was in his game 1 of the finals last year. Not sure if the 16 points covers up the 3 rebounds and 3 assists but I would count that as being a better feat than what Lebron put up in that game and to top it off the numbers that matter most in the NBA are wins and losses and in Kobe's game he got a "W" and Lebron got a loss in his efforts.

As far as X's and O's that's not basketball thats tic tac toe... Lastly I will say this if Kobe got 3 more rebounds and 3 more assists with 16 less points and less shot attempts does anyone really here think his go to guys of rookies, sophomores and scrubs would have won this game??? (My answer is absolutely friggin not).

I do respect your opinion though and I know I come off strong but this is one of the greatest players ever who arguably had the greatest final game before retirement ever with a win on a night he was honored and encouraged by anyone and everyone to take charge of yesterdays game (from fans to front office down) and he delivered. I personally think you and Jeffy are going a little far and putting to much significance on his amount of shots and not all other aspects of the game, event and it's mark in history itself.

I know I could fool lots of people in here but I'm not a Kobe fan at all... but I had to give my 2 cents on the issue cause I think he's getting judged unfairly by some posters in this thread.

Again I come off strong (even in this post) but I appreciate you keeping this civil and sharing your opinion I actually have more respect for you as a poster now but well have to agree to disagree on the above on the brand of basketball being played because even though it's a team game if you are surrounded with nobody's or inexperience there are times when you as a leader need to just take over games to get the "W" and I feel this is exactly what happened in Kobes final game and I think the game in its entirety was something special to see from start to finish.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2016, 11:09 AM
Some of you guys sound like the type of dudes that would watch a porno flick and complain about the script being poorly written....

porn movies have scripts?

valade16
04-15-2016, 11:14 AM
Fun fact:

Kobe's TS% vs Utah was .543.

LeBron vs GS in last years finals didn't have a single game where he had as good a TS%.

This is the dumbest argument ever. The Lakers won a game, something they rarely do and Kobe actually had decent efficiency on his shots.

There is zero to complain about. If were going to talk about efficiency, at least be efficient with your criticisms.

ghettosean
04-15-2016, 11:21 AM

****ing priceless

I swear a bunch of ****ing babies in here. Some of the mods love to circle jerk there buddies in here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcHy8xEt2QI

It's just sad and we all wonder why there is less activity in PSD and why it's gone downhill. :facepalm:

Ban me next mods!!!

****ing babies as well as those that run crying to there butt buddies mods friends... SMH.

Drives me ****ing crazy honestly...

Hawkeye15
04-15-2016, 12:40 PM
Kobe sold $1.2 million in merchandise Wed night???

The next best ever is Led Zepplin. That is insane, damn

Jeffy25
04-15-2016, 12:59 PM

****ing priceless

Having a different opinion is not against the site rules

Tony_Starks
04-15-2016, 01:12 PM
porn movies have scripts?

Exactly. Lol

Vinylman
04-15-2016, 01:15 PM
Fun fact:

Kobe's TS% vs Utah was .543.

LeBron vs GS in last years finals didn't have a single game where he had as good a TS%.

This is the dumbest argument ever. The Lakers won a game, something they rarely do and Kobe actually had decent efficiency on his shots.

There is zero to complain about. If were going to talk about efficiency, at least be efficient with your criticisms.

Don't confuse them with facts... I have been laughing at these guys talking about inefficiency since page 1

again... they have a predetermined narrative and won't let facts get in the way.

GREATNESS ONE
04-15-2016, 02:07 PM

****ing priceless

Seriously, absolutely ridiculous.

GREATNESS ONE
04-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Kobe sold $1.2 million in merchandise Wed night???

The next best ever is Led Zepplin. That is insane, damn

Wow that's incredible.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2016, 02:25 PM
Wow that's incredible.

what's even more crazy is who buys a jersey at an arena.......

GREATNESS ONE
04-15-2016, 02:30 PM

Lol I've bought one from Staples Center but it's an Authentic Limited Kobe jersey. :p it was like 400$ lol but hey I wanted it :laugh2:

FlashBolt
04-15-2016, 02:31 PM

People who have money to blow and who expected the possibility of getting it signed or something. Also, lots of kids out there and parents just give in.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2016, 02:40 PM
People who have money to blow and who expected the possibility of getting it signed or something. Also, lots of kids out there and parents just give in.

poor decision making is a common human trait

Tony_Starks
04-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Man I should've been up at Staples Center with my bootleg Kobe shirts like bro man! Could've came up!

ghettosean
04-15-2016, 03:20 PM
Wow that's incredible.

Done it once at an arena but never for myself I just can't afford that ish. Getting beers themselves at an arena is a treat for me... Lol

Jeffy25
04-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Don't confuse them with facts... I have been laughing at these guys talking about inefficiency since page 1

again... they have a predetermined narrative and won't let facts get in the way.

You see, this is the problem.

You act like people are running in here calling him an inefficient chucker like he is J.R. Smith or Allen Iverson

Now, this year? Yes. Exceptionally inefficient
http://www.si.com/kobe-bryant-derrick-rose-lance-stephenson-demar-derozan-shooting-percentage-shot-chart

But we know he is hobbled and this isn't really Kobe.

Kobe has been above average when shooting for most of his career, especially for a 2 player. But when people say he isn't Jordan, that he shoots too much (now, not 8 years ago) you guys act like we are telling you he is a bad basketball player and shouldn't touch the ball or be on the court, and nothing could be further from the truth.

I wasn't a fan of the theatrics from the other night. That isn't baiting or flaming. I am not a fan of 'glory the individual' basketball. I am in the minority of that opinion, but what caused people to be banned is insults and attacks for someone having a different opinion. Let's be clear, having a different opinion, and one that you guys are grossly over exaggerating isn't an offense to the site rules here. Not everybody sees Kobe like you guys do, and Kobe has quite the career arc with a pretty bad decline since his Achillies injury. But he is clearly a top 15 player of all time and he had a remarkable career.

Jamiecballer
04-15-2016, 04:45 PM

nah man. good porn doesn't require good writing. smart basketball is generally well correlated to winning though. good try though ;)

valade16
04-15-2016, 05:04 PM
nah man. good porn doesn't require good writing. smart basketball is generally well correlated to winning though. good try though ;)

Kobe Bryant has 5 rings. Smart basketball is generally well correlated to winning. Therefore we can deduce Kobe Bryant plays smart basketball.

Jamiecballer
04-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Kobe Bryant has 5 rings. Smart basketball is generally well correlated to winning. Therefore we can deduce Kobe Bryant plays smart basketball.

lmfao that's kobe logic right there! good to see someone's carrying the torch for Gibby though.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2016, 05:31 PM
Done it once at an arena but never for myself I just can't afford that ish. Getting beers themselves at an arena is a treat for me... Lol

always find a young kid, offer him $25 up front for beer 1, and tell him you will give him $5/beer to pocket

works all the time

valade16
04-15-2016, 05:42 PM
lmfao that's kobe logic right there! good to see someone's carrying the torch for Gibby though.

No, that's Jamiecballer logic. I was using your logic.

Kobe right now is like Brett Favre, his ending was so bad people think that's who he was his entire career.

Kobe was selfish at times, but hey, so was Jordan. There's a reason Kobe beat Jordan's record for most shots in a game. He wasn't as good as Jordan, but he was still very good. And he definitely played winning basketball for the majority of his career.

Even if you want to focus on advanced stats, you will see he was an extremely good player for an extremely long time. The only possible argument is he shot too much as if one weakness in a player's game somehow invalidates all the rest of their game. It is the kind of idiotic logic akin to saying Shaq sucked because he was bad at Free Throws.

If you have some argument or reasoning to present for why a guy who was the best or 2nd best player on 5 championship teams somehow didn't play winning basketball, I'm all ears. But I doubt it.

Jeffy25
04-15-2016, 06:43 PM

Kobe right now is like Brett Favre, his ending was so bad people think that's who he was his entire career.

Kobe was selfish at times, but hey, so was Jordan. There's a reason Kobe beat Jordan's record for most shots in a game. He wasn't as good as Jordan, but he was still very good. And he definitely played winning basketball for the majority of his career.

Even if you want to focus on advanced stats, you will see he was an extremely good player for an extremely long time. The only possible argument is he shot too much as if one weakness in a player's game somehow invalidates all the rest of their game. It is the kind of idiotic logic akin to saying Shaq sucked because he was bad at Free Throws.

If you have some argument or reasoning to present for why a guy who was the best or 2nd best player on 5 championship teams somehow didn't play winning basketball, I'm all ears. But I doubt it.

Has anyone said that Kobe was a poor basketball player or somehow hurt his teams?

I don't see anyone making that case.

He wasn't as good as Jordan or LeBron. That doesn't mean he isn't a great basketball player and an all-time great.

I think you are jumping to the conclusion that people are making arguments as extreme as you are thinking they are. I don't recall anyone saying anything this strongly.

Jamiecballer
04-15-2016, 06:47 PM

that's not my logic, it's not even logic at all.

i said that smart basketball generally correlates to winning. winning is achieved by teams, not individuals. only a Kobe fan (or perhaps Kobe himself) would have the audacity to suggest that the results of the team was definitely proof of anything.

second, generally

pronounced [jen-er-uh-lee],

usually; commonly; ordinarily.

the statement implies that there are situations where winning occurs without smart basketball and vice versa, despite your trying to hijack it for your own purposes.

valade16
04-15-2016, 06:55 PM
that's not my logic, it's not even logic at all.

i said that smart basketball generally correlates to winning. winning is achieved by teams, not individuals. only a Kobe fan (or perhaps Kobe himself) would have the audacity to suggest that the results of the team was definitely proof of anything.

second, generally

pronounced [jen-er-uh-lee],

usually; commonly; ordinarily.

the statement implies that there are situations where winning occurs without smart basketball and vice versa, despite your trying to hijack it for your own purposes.

See, this is where we differ. Because I think it's pretty audacious to believe individual players on the team don't affect the team's ability to win...

But I do admire your attempts to deflect from your absurd view via semantics.

Tell me how Kobe did not play winning basketball.

valade16
04-15-2016, 07:00 PM
Has anyone said that Kobe was a poor basketball player or somehow hurt his teams?

He wasn't as good as Jordan or LeBron. That doesn't mean he isn't a great basketball player and an all-time great.

I think you are jumping to the conclusion that people are making arguments as extreme as you are thinking they are. I don't recall anyone saying anything this strongly.

I'd say claiming (or insinuating) Kobe doesn't play winning basketball is close enough (I know you did not make that argument, but I'm talking about others).

I detest both Kobe and the Lakers by the way. I don't really like defending him. But trying to sound smarter than everyone else with logical equations when the foundation is that Kobe doesn't play winning basketball doesn't make anyone sound smart, it makes them sound like an idiot (again, not referring to you).

More-Than-Most
04-15-2016, 07:08 PM
(sorry to posters to talk about Lebron but the initial sentence shoves stats that don't mean much to me)....

If you are going to go on the above stats posted by Lebron with 7 rebounds and 7 assists and a better FG% lets talk about it. Lebron did that at the age of 30 were Kobe did this at close to 38 years old and the magic number for the stats you posted is the number 3.... Lebron had 3 more assists and 3 more rebounds in 3 more minutes that Kobe and had a better FG% by 3% (magic number 3 ladies and gents).

Kobe's numbers are a bit different where you need to keep into context that the FG% was virtually identical but in less minutes he scored 16 more points being much older than Lebron was in his game 1 of the finals last year. Not sure if the 16 points covers up the 3 rebounds and 3 assists but I would count that as being a better feat than what Lebron put up in that game and to top it off the numbers that matter most in the NBA are wins and losses and in Kobe's game he got a "W" and Lebron got a loss in his efforts.

As far as X's and O's that's not basketball thats tic tac toe... Lastly I will say this if Kobe got 3 more rebounds and 3 more assists with 16 less points and less shot attempts does anyone really here think his go to guys of rookies, sophomores and scrubs would have won this game??? (My answer is absolutely friggin not).

I do respect your opinion though and I know I come off strong but this is one of the greatest players ever who arguably had the greatest final game before retirement ever with a win on a night he was honored and encouraged by anyone and everyone to take charge of yesterdays game (from fans to front office down) and he delivered. I personally think you and Jeffy are going a little far and putting to much significance on his amount of shots and not all other aspects of the game, event and it's mark in history itself.

I know I could fool lots of people in here but I'm not a Kobe fan at all... but I had to give my 2 cents on the issue cause I think he's getting judged unfairly by some posters in this thread.

Again I come off strong (even in this post) but I appreciate you keeping this civil and sharing your opinion I actually have more respect for you as a poster now but well have to agree to disagree on the above on the brand of basketball being played because even though it's a team game if you are surrounded with nobody's or inexperience there are times when you as a leader need to just take over games to get the "W" and I feel this is exactly what happened in Kobes final game and I think the game in its entirety was something special to see from start to finish.

Great post with lots of logic and 0 insults.... :clap:

I dont have time for a rebuttal right now but will gladly post one in the next day or 2. Thanks for keeping it civil.

Jamiecballer
04-15-2016, 07:24 PM
See, this is where we differ. Because I think it's pretty audacious to believe individual players on the team don't affect the team's ability to win...

But I do admire your attempts to deflect from your absurd view via semantics.

Tell me how Kobe did not play winning basketball.
I'll tell you what, if you can find someone who said that we can bond while we stone them in the town square.

BTW it's not semantics in the least. If you take a statement that someone made in general and turn it into an absolute, that's not semantics, that's altering what someone said.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
04-15-2016, 07:28 PM

Somewhere along the way he confused me suggesting he didnt play smart with "winning" and ran with it.

valade16
04-15-2016, 07:29 PM
I'll tell you what, if you can find someone who said that we can bond while we stone them in the town square.

BTW it's not semantics in the least. If you take a statement that someone made in general and turn it into an absolute, that's not semantics, that's altering what someone said.

I suspected this would be your response, so I'll ask you straight out:

Do you believe Kobe played winning basketball during his prime?

Jamiecballer
04-15-2016, 07:36 PM
I suspected this would be your response, so I'll ask you straight out:

Do you believe Kobe played winning basketball during his prime?
To the same extent that, say, Iverson did. That is to say the limitations in his mental game were more than compensated for with his incredible physical abilities. The outcome is the same if Iverson pairs with Shaq despite Iverson's obvious flaws as a player imo.

valade16
04-15-2016, 07:48 PM
To the same extent that, say, Iverson did. That is to say the limitations in his mental game were more than compensated for with his incredible physical abilities. The outcome is the same if Iverson pairs with Shaq despite Iverson's obvious flaws as a player imo.

First, that was a very convoluted way of saying "not really", so I guess we found the person we can stone?

Second, to clarify, to what mental limitations are you referring? Because he is considered one of the smartest basketball players of his generation with an incredible BBall IQ who had among the hardest work ethics in NBA History.

Third, And if AI pairs with Pau? Does he also win those 2 titles as well?

Jamiecballer
04-15-2016, 08:10 PM
First, that was a very convoluted way of saying "not really", so I guess we found the person we can stone?

Second, to clarify, to what mental limitations are you referring? Because he is considered one of the smartest basketball players of his generation with an incredible BBall IQ who had among the hardest work ethics in NBA History.

Third, And if AI pairs with Pau? Does he also win those 2 titles as well?
No, it was not a convoluted way of saying not really.

but even if it was there would be no stoning. My comment previous was actually in response to you saying that someone (I presumed me) was suggesting that an individual had no impact on winning.

The mental limitations that I speak of, again, match up with Iverson's. The misguided belief that they are, at any time, the teams best option. It's not that he isnt smart, he is, it's that the outcome was so often predetermined that his awareness wasn't utilized nearly enough IMO.

As for Gasol it's tough to say either way. Pau is a slam dunk Hall of Famer and his play since leaving the Lakers, despite age and mounting injuries should have people rethinking just how good a player he was while playing in Kobe's shadow. It's not hard for me to imagine Iverson having more success with a running mate like Gasol.

ewing
04-15-2016, 09:10 PM
just watched the game. yuck, i had to cover my eyes and think i am going to have nightmares. OMG, in his last ever game that was otherwise totally meaningless game his teammates force feed him the ball and he took ill advised shots.

ewing
04-15-2016, 11:01 PM
boom

Bostonjorge
04-16-2016, 12:32 AM
Scoring 15 straight points to win the game is what clutch legends are made of.

Kobe for the lead.....BANG!!!!!

G_S_W
04-16-2016, 02:52 AM
Scoring 15 straight points to win the game is what clutch legends are made of.

Kobe for the lead.....BANG!!!!!

Kobe losing 181 of 246 games in his last three seasons. BANG!!!!!!

lakerfan85
04-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Kobe losing 181 of 246 games in his last three seasons. BANG!!!!!!

Actually, Kobe's only played in 107 games the last 3 years.. You should at least have your facts straight before you post something to bash someone.. Bang!!