PDA

View Full Version : If the Warriors don't win it all

Sportsguy9695
04-13-2016, 01:19 PM
If the Warriors don't win it all do you think everybody will be saying they couldn't win it cause they went for the record?

FOXHOUND
04-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Probably some people, but the reality is they'll have some rest before postseason starts and they should make quick work in round 1 to give them plenty of rest going into round 2. Also, because they've been so dominant and have had key guys rest so many 4th quarters, there simply is no reason why they should be too fatigued.

Curry at 34.2 MPG, Green at 34.7 MPG, Klay at 33.9 MPG and Barnes at 30.9 MPG. Nobody else at 30 and none of those numbers are higher than they should be.

ThunderRoad75
04-13-2016, 01:43 PM
If the Warriors dont win it all it will be cause Spurs beat them in WCF.. no other reason

JLynn943
04-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Only if they have a significant injury this game or look exhausted in the playoffs. Given the minute distribution and depth they have though, I don't see exhaustion being a problem.

BKLYNpigeon
04-13-2016, 02:00 PM
how could they be tired? Steph rested 8 4th qtrs. they have 4 days off before the playoffs and plenty of time in-between games.

if they don't win it all. They will be the 2008 Patriots.

Captain Moroni
04-13-2016, 02:07 PM
If they win tonite and win the NBA finals they go down as the best team in NBA history. That should be enough to ignite any fire they need.
If they lose in the playoffs it all goes up in smoke.

KnicksorBust
04-13-2016, 02:18 PM
If the Warriors don't win it all do you think everybody will be saying they couldn't win it cause they went for the record?

No. Their best players are basically in their primes and already play limited minutes. Fatigue is not an issue here. Whoever mentioned the 08 Pats that is a great comparison. The only difference is in basketball over a 7 game series it is a lot harder to get knocked out to a helmet catch. The better teams have a far greater chance to avoid the upset in a series. That's why this title is a big one. The Spurs and Cavs both have tremendous opportunities this season. If LeBron can knock off this Warriors team that will jump him up a few spots in the top 10 all-time. A vintage Duncan performance could put him Top 3. Pop could be the GOAT coach. A lot is at stake this season.

R. Johnson#3
04-13-2016, 02:31 PM
If the Warriors don't win it all then Lebron will go to the team that beat them.

Scoots
04-13-2016, 04:19 PM
If the Warriors dont win it all it will be cause Spurs beat them in WCF.. no other reason

Or because the Warriors lost :)

If they don't win it will mean the season was a waste and a failure.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Too much time between now and when they'd likely lose (late May-June), if they lose, to pinpoint it to the last few games unless someone goes down tonight and misses the playoffs.

PhillyFaninLA
04-13-2016, 04:41 PM
If they win it will validate that they are a truly great team, not an all time great but a truly great team. If they lose, then they were lucky in facing all the injured teams they faced last year.

That will be the perception. Personally, I believe the are a good team, that is well coached, good chemistry, and players that compliment each other but not all time great.

Hawkeye15
04-13-2016, 04:43 PM
how many 4th quarters did Curry sit? They don't even have a player that averages 35 mpg for Christ's sakes

if they don't win, it's because they got hurt, or probably lost to the greatest #2 regular season team ever......no shame in losing to a 66-67 win Spurs team

More-Than-Most
04-13-2016, 05:26 PM
They better hope to lose anywhere but the finals if they do lose... only finals losses matter when evaluating the best players in the game and if curry losses in the finals he can no longer be the best player in basketball or ever challenge Jordan and so on down the list right?

More-Than-Most
04-13-2016, 05:28 PM
If they win it will validate that they are a truly great team, not an all time great but a truly great team. If they lose, then they were lucky in facing all the injured teams they faced last year.

That will be the perception. Personally, I believe the are a good team, that is well coached, good chemistry, and players that compliment each other but not all time great.

You dont think they would be all time great if they win? The bulls are an all time great team and i honestly think the warriors have a much tougher road ahead of them this year then any of the bulls championship runs. you have the spurs/thunder/clippers/Cavs who could knock off the warriors and are pretty great teams themselves.

likemystylez
04-13-2016, 08:42 PM

THIS!!!

I do think the warriors win that series in 6. But this years spurs team is better than any team the bulls had to go through in their 72 win season.

its very rare, but we might have a season where we have two of the top 10 teams of all time, and one will not win a championship.

Scoots
04-13-2016, 09:56 PM
THIS!!!

I do think the warriors win that series in 6. But this years spurs team is better than any team the bulls had to go through in their 72 win season.

its very rare, but we might have a season where we have two of the top 10 teams of all time, and one will not win a championship.

I don't think this is even the best Spurs team ever let alone a top 10 team all time.

Sly Guy
04-13-2016, 10:01 PM

this.

If they sweep 2 straight series, surely that's plenty of rest? So much can happen in the first couple rounds, it's impossible to predict the storyline

lol, please
04-13-2016, 11:16 PM

They will win it all, so we should be fine.

likemystylez
04-13-2016, 11:53 PM
I don't think this is even the best Spurs team ever let alone a top 10 team all time.

advanced stats would say differently

nastynice
04-14-2016, 01:40 AM
how could they be tired? Steph rested 8 4th qtrs. they have 4 days off before the playoffs and plenty of time in-between games.

if they don't win it all. They will be the 2008 Patriots.

Dammit I know. I'm happy as hell for the 73, but now the real ish starts. Ring or bust!!

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 01:54 AM
Damn draymond just said the Bulls wouldn't have been able to do what they did if they played in this era lol

Wade n Fade
04-14-2016, 01:56 AM
Depends if they lose to the Spurs. If it's the Spurs, then no. If it's Cleveland, Toronto, or Miami, it would be one of the most monumental collapses and upsets in playoff history.

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 02:05 AM
Warriors will sweep the first round, win in 5 in the second round, win in 6 in the conf finals, and win the finals in 5. I just think they're that much better than everyone this year

Wade n Fade
04-14-2016, 02:24 AM
Warriors will sweep the first round, win in 5 in the second round, win in 6 in the conf finals, and win the finals in 5. I just think they're that much better than everyone this year

Depends on the matchups. Boston went into Oracle and beat the Warriors. So if a back to back Celtics squad can do it, any given night applies to the Warriors.

Wade n Fade
04-14-2016, 02:25 AM
Damn draymond just said the Bulls wouldn't have been able to do what they did if they played in this era lol

Depends on how the Bulls adjust to the NBA defensive rules. No handchecks is a complete joke.