PDA

View Full Version : Should i be offended by the Knicks "resting" Mello for the last game of the season?

ewing
04-13-2016, 11:55 AM
I know the game was a meaningless game but he does have the next 6 months to rest. How do you feel about this?

warfelg
04-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Yes. It's trash. If you are out of the playoffs and can remotely dress you play. Rest at this point (unless you are a playoff team) is weak *** ****.

Vampirate
04-13-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm in the unless i'm a paying customer going to that game, I wouldn't care boat.

ghettosean
04-13-2016, 12:47 PM
I voted yes... Unless he's hurt which I'm unaware of there is no reason he shouldn't be playing. If the Knicks were in the playoffs I'd say sure rest him before the playoffs but he's going to have 6 months or rest a game won't matter (barring an injury... LOL).

FOXHOUND
04-13-2016, 01:13 PM
No because it was a meaningless game and there's no reason to risk injury. It was good for Cleanthony Early to get 30 minutes and start, even if it was just to hammer home the fact that he's nothing special as an upcoming FA.

Sportsguy9695
04-13-2016, 01:13 PM
Yea I agree he should of played. It's the last game. You got plenty of time to rest after that last game

ewing
04-13-2016, 01:16 PM
I voted yes... Unless he's hurt which I'm unaware of there is no reason he shouldn't be playing. If the Knicks were in the playoffs I'd say sure rest him before the playoffs but he's going to have 6 months or rest a game won't matter (barring an injury... LOL).

I agree, i am less offended then i feel i should be though. I guess this team has made me apathetic

Hawkeye15
04-13-2016, 01:16 PM
yes

ewing
04-13-2016, 01:17 PM
yes

thanks, i needed a reality check. f those *****es

LongIslandIcedZ
04-13-2016, 01:29 PM
Doesn't bother me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JLynn943
04-13-2016, 01:51 PM
If people are still paying to be there and watch the team play and he can play, then I think him not playing is pretty crappy.

blahblahyoutoo
04-13-2016, 01:54 PM
i would be more pissed that "one of the best scorers in the league" has lead my team to the lottery 3 seasons straight.

Hawkeye15
04-13-2016, 02:22 PM
thanks, i needed a reality check. f those *****es

I could care less, but when you factor in there are 1/2 behind 2 teams for draft position, yes, it will potentially bother 2 fan bases. But, this is very common at year end situations.

KnicksorBust
04-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Melo is a dog. We're getting close the point where I can say...

The amount of time Melo has been on the Knicks that I'd be happy to see him leave > The amount of time Melo has been on the Knicks that I've wanted him here

ewing
04-13-2016, 02:28 PM
I could care less, but when you factor in there are 1/2 behind 2 teams for draft position, yes, it will potentially bother 2 fan bases. But, this is very common at year end situations.

It just shameless. If they shut him down with a week to go b/c of tendonitis or some other BS reason fine but he was fine and he was playing and then he sits the final game and they don't even give an injury excuse. When i call out for no reason what so ever i have the common decency to say i'm not feeling well and i expect the same form my team. **** Carmello Anthony

smith&wesson
04-13-2016, 02:55 PM
The Knicks will probably try to trade Melo and for that reason, it would be very stupid to play him in a meaningless game and risk a serious injury that could require surgery. That would really kill whatever trade value Melo has.

Hawkeye15
04-13-2016, 02:55 PM
It just shameless. If they shut him down with a week to go b/c of tendonitis or some other BS reason fine but he was fine and playing and then he sits the final game and they don't even give an injury excuse. When i call out for no reason what so ever i have the common decency to say i'm not feeling well and i expect the same form my team. **** Carmello Anthony

you're getting it!

Crackadalic
04-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Melo said it himself he wants the young guys to get more playing time. Him getting 40 minutes in a meaningless games can't help the young guys grow better as players.

Melo played for three quarters against Toronto. His young guys kept it close against them and even though they loss the played well.

Melo played three quarters against Philly. Sat the last quarter. Philly came back and melo decided not to come in. His young guys won in the final minute. They learned to play without melo trying to bail him out.

Same thing last night. Melo didn't plat at all. I doubt it's rest. Just his way of saying I need these young pups to learn how to play.

Grant had 17-6-6 in 38 minutes
Early suck but he didn't look as scared etc

You guys are making this more then what it is.

SfgiantsJD3
04-13-2016, 03:31 PM
If they are evaluating youth / bubble players then it makes sense

GiantsSwaGG
04-13-2016, 05:23 PM
Who cares? If he played and tear his knee, it would hurt his trade value

FlashBolt
04-13-2016, 06:54 PM
So we're going to pretend that fans are being slighted here? Melo gets paid a salary to play basketball... fans are paying for this salary. Why the hell does he get to sit out when he's probably healthy enough to play? Jesus. I would understand if you're preparing for the playoffs but at least give the fans one final game.

JWO35
04-13-2016, 07:05 PM
So we're going to pretend that fans are being slighted here? Melo gets paid a salary to play basketball... fans are paying for this salary. Why the hell does he get to sit out when he's probably healthy enough to play? Jesus. I would understand if you're preparing for the playoffs but at least give the fans one final game.

Because they have nothing to play for and the team that he plays for doesn't want to play him...if anything you should be offended by the organization and not the player

beasted86
04-13-2016, 07:07 PM
It just shameless. If they shut him down with a week to go b/c of tendonitis or some other BS reason fine but he was fine and he was playing and then he sits the final game and they don't even give an injury excuse. When i call out for no reason what so ever i have the common decency to say i'm not feeling well and i expect the same form my team. **** Carmello Anthony

Nailed it.

FlashBolt
04-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Because they have nothing to play for and the team that he plays for doesn't want to play him...if anything you should be offended by the organization and not the player

That doesn't make sense? Nothing to play for? According to whom? These guys get paid to play basketball first-and-foremost. If they have nothing to play for, the Sixers should just abolish their team as it is. I never blamed Melo for sitting out. Hell, why would he even want to play considering how embarrassing their franchise has become lately. Their management is the joke here. Phil Jackson has zero intention of turning this franchise around and was simply handed a deal that even a blind man would sign in a heartbeat. The assumption that we're not making the playoffs and thus, should not play, is disgraceful.

Vincent
04-13-2016, 07:21 PM
The Knicks will probably try to trade Melo and for that reason, it would be very stupid to play him in a meaningless game and risk a serious injury that could require surgery. That would really kill whatever trade value Melo has.

I agree with this sentiment.

With the cap going up significantly, this might be the only chance the Knicks will be able to ship Melo to a team with cap room.

JasonJohnHorn
04-14-2016, 10:35 AM
If you are a fan, local especially, and you bought tickets to see the Knicks, and it was the only game you could get tickets to, then yes, obviously you have a right to take issue with this.

The entire purpose of paying a player is to sell him as an audience. It's like paying to go see your favorite band and they decide to rest the lead singer because it's the last show of the tour and they've already sold out the show, so there's nothing to gain by having him sing.

Maybe that's not a fair comparison, but if feels like it.

If you get paid to play, and you are healthy, you should play. Period. I mean... there's a pride thing there too.

I understand if you have older players who need rest, or a player coming back from injury. Do what you need to do to keep them healthy, because health should be the first priority. However, if you have a healthy player, there is really no reason to not have him play, most especially for home games.