PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd may be on way out of Milwaukee this off season

spreadeagle
04-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Now that the Milwaukee Bucks’ season is mercifully coming to an end, let the speculation begin.

The Bucks, unequivocally one of the NBA’s most underachieving teams, figure to make sweeping offseason changes, revamping their overrated roster, their underachieving coaching staff and unproductive front office. Did we miss anyone?

Two of the more significant changes could involve Bucks general manager John Hammond and Bucks head coach Jason Kidd. A year ago, there was considerable chatter Hammond would move on, only to see him receive a one-year extension. But several NBA sources contend Hammond will soon be relocating to another zip code — either being fired or leaving on his own volition.

Talk among some league officials is Hammond will end up in perhaps a similar position with New Orleans. The Pelicans figure to be doing some serious housecleaning themselves and hire Louisiana native, former Detroit Pistons “Bad Boy’’ and Hammond confidante Joe Dumars as the president of basketball operations.

As for Kidd, ever since his arrival in Milwaukee two summers ago, there have been whispers his coaching tenure wouldn’t be long and that it would only be a matter of time before he moved into the front office.

But I’m told Kidd, who was brought to Milwaukee by one of the team’s tri-majority owners and close friend, Marc Lasry, hasn’t endeared himself to the rest of the Bucks’ ownership group. Some think Kidd’s arrogant, some think his heart isn’t into coaching and are miffed he took off a portion of the season for hip surgery when he could have done it in the offseason. Some, most importantly, question his coaching acumen and his player personal decision-making.

Kidd is still feeling the sting of his ill-fate trade at the 2015 trading deadline when, with the Bucks seven games above .500 and well on their way to the playoffs, he jettisoned Brandon Knight, the Bucks’ best player and well-respected team leader, to Phoenix. The Bucks were never the same. They ended last season seven games under .500. This season, with thankfully just two games to play, they are a whopping 15 games under .500.

I’ve also been told by people close to the Bucks’ situation that Kidd, once the golden boy of the organization, is now on shaky ground. His future with the franchise is clearly cloudy, especially from a coaching standpoint when some highly-regarded and vastly more experienced coaches than Kidd are available. Can you say Tom Thibodeau? http://journaltimes.com/sports/gery-woelfel-offseason-will-be-time-of-change-for-bucks/article_46fb08d9-a48b-52c1-aa8c-26f972c0722e.html

basketballkitty
04-12-2016, 01:42 PM
It wasn't that Knight went out...as much as it was that MCW came IN! As a sixer fan I can assure you ALL...Michael Cater-Williams is really a Cancer! I mean really, take a look at their record both before, and after he went there. He just as disrupted team Chemistry. The Bucks don't even trust him as their PG anymore. Not saying what should, or should not happen with Kidd cause I really never have liked him anyways. But first order of Bucks Business is to try and DUMP MCW off on somebody.

FOXHOUND
04-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Jason Kidd keeping in line with his playing career on being a talented ahole who moves from team to team.

KnicksorBust
04-12-2016, 02:28 PM
If the Bucks get Thibs watch out. Would be a top 4 team in the East next season.

FOXHOUND
04-12-2016, 02:33 PM
If the Bucks get Thibs watch out. Would be a top 4 team in the East next season.

It seems like the perfect marriage, at this point. Thibs apparently wants more control and say and Bucks are going t clean out coach and GM. Thibs and his staff in Chicago wanted Draymond Green when the Bulls FO selected Marquis Teague. I mean, whoops to the max lmao. That defensive talent combined with Thibs is absolutely horrifying, but I would love to watch it.

Phil obviously isn't going to hire him, so... :mad:

kobe4thewinbang
04-12-2016, 03:54 PM
It seems like the perfect marriage, at this point. Thibs apparently wants more control and say and Bucks are going t clean out coach and GM. Thibs and his staff in Chicago wanted Draymond Green when the Bulls FO selected Marquis Teague. I mean, whoops to the max lmao. That defensive talent combined with Thibs is absolutely horrifying, but I would love to watch it.

Phil obviously isn't going to hire him, so... :mad:Yeah, the Chicago FO screwed Thibodeau at every turn. I bet he watches Draymond drop triple-doubles now with indignation while the Bulls are now eliminated from playoff contention and an even more self-destructive FO in charge who was rumored to trade Butler rather than Rose.

Anyway... J-Kidd is still green as a coach and that fiasco with the Nets might show his hand at being a questionable coach. Bucks definitely didn't do well, and one has to wonder if next season Giannis would be just as strong at running the offense with a different coach at the helm.

If they nab Dwight Howard and replace Kidd with Thibodeau, look out.

JasonJohnHorn
04-12-2016, 04:12 PM
It wasn't that Knight went out...as much as it was that MCW came IN! As a sixer fan I can assure you ALL...Michael Cater-Williams is really a Cancer! I mean really, take a look at their record both before, and after he went there. He just as disrupted team Chemistry. The Bucks don't even trust him as their PG anymore. Not saying what should, or should not happen with Kidd cause I really never have liked him anyways. But first order of Bucks Business is to try and DUMP MCW off on somebody.

To be fair, the Sixers went from 19 wins with MCW, to 18 in the season they traded him part way through, to less than half that without MCW.

I'm not a big fan of MCW's efficiency, but he is a good all-around player who seems to work hard. You may be right that he is a cancer, and I don't think he's ever going to be an All-Star in this league, but the Sixers have their own set a problems, and it starts with management, as we've seen with the handling of the Hinkie departure.

He has improved his 2pt%, but he's got no business taking 3's.... lol.

Keep in mind, it's not that I disagree with you, just that I don't think judging any play based on their performance in Philly in the last three years is fair. And at the end of the day, it's not like the team got better when they dumped him.

Scoots
04-12-2016, 04:37 PM
To be fair, the Sixers went from 19 wins with MCW, to 18 in the season they traded him part way through, to less than half that without MCW.

I'm not a big fan of MCW's efficiency, but he is a good all-around player who seems to work hard. You may be right that he is a cancer, and I don't think he's ever going to be an All-Star in this league, but the Sixers have their own set a problems, and it starts with management, as we've seen with the handling of the Hinkie departure.

He has improved his 2pt%, but he's got no business taking 3's.... lol.

Keep in mind, it's not that I disagree with you, just that I don't think judging any play based on their performance in Philly in the last three years is fair. And at the end of the day, it's not like the team got better when they dumped him.

Shaun Livingston has taken 63 3s in his career ... he has just 2 of the Warriors 1057 this season. It's possible for players to be very effective playing point without shooting 3s. You just need a team around you that CAN shoot, and Livingston is actually the Warriors best post-up player so he has a defined role where he can be efficient on offense.

MCW needs to learn where he's best and limit himself to those areas while working to shore up his weaknesses. He should develop into a fine 6th/7th man.

Saddletramp
04-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Jason Kidd keeping in line with his playing career on being a talented ahole who moves from team to team.

He was a great talent but yeah, being a Mavs fan in the 90's when he was a douche and then all the stories of him drinking and driving and beating his wife/kid- the guy is complete garbage. And he pulled the idiot Bynum/Shaq "Get hurt on your time/get fixed on your time" way of thinking.

What a classless piece of ****.