PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox (3-3) vs Orioles (6-0)

RedSoxtober
04-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Game 2: Clay Buchholz (0-0, 11.25ERA) vs Mike Wright (no record)
Game 3: Joe Kelly (0-0, 21.00ERA) vs Ubaldo Jiminez (1-0, 1.29ERA)

Bo Sox Fan
04-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Atta boy Farrell, another 6th inning implosion. Don't pull your boyfriend Buchholz until it's to late. 3 runs for the O's!

Go Baltimore!

bosox1899
04-12-2016, 09:26 PM
It's safe to say farrell is the worst coach in boston sports

-Lavigne43-
04-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Clay is so ****. I can't believe we actually spent the entirety of his contract thinking every single season that this would be the year he finally puts it together. If the front office properly recognized him as the bottom of the rotation pitcher that he is, then our rotation wouldn't be such a cluster**** every season. Should have traded him like 5 different times by now.

BoSox47
04-12-2016, 09:30 PM
Seriously what is farrell doing? Why is tommy layne not in the game? This is suppose to be Tommy Laynes key specialty role.

bosox1899
04-12-2016, 09:39 PM
how much longer before farrell is fired? as cold as this sounds, the only reason he's still coach is because of his health problem last season

Bo Sox Fan
04-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Robbie Ross Jr! Doing his thing again! Don't pull him! 3 more runs for the O's! This is hilariously bad like the first 3 months of 2015! With Farrell as manager!

Go Baltimore!

-Lavigne43-
04-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Farrell likes using his worst relievers in tight games. Just be happy Breslow isn't in the pen anymore. Seriously though, what the **** is up with Tommy Layne? Season started over a week ago and he still hasn't pitched.

BSF101
04-12-2016, 09:51 PM
OK I'll try not to be a downer here cause its only the 7th game of
the season but my god this team ****ing sucks right now. Why the hell is
Clay Butthole still on this team? Same thing with Rick Porcellblow

Green_Monster
04-12-2016, 09:52 PM
Why was Robbie Ross pitching in the 7th inning of a 1 run game? He's the worst reliever in the bullpen. The guy is getting absolutely lit up.

Bo Sox Fan
04-12-2016, 09:52 PM
Dombrowski better be pissed off right now because I'm sick of this **** year after year after year.

What a ******* circus this manager is combined with the lack of pitching talent he has to work with.

Bear down and do your job or get the **** out of town.

****!

bosox1899
04-12-2016, 09:59 PM
is it just me or is our so called phenom mookie betts striking out at a higher rate than chris davis?

BSF101
04-12-2016, 10:02 PM
My guess where we finish this season if we they keep this up.

Baltimore 96-66

Toronto 91-71

Yankees 85-77

Tampa 83-79

Boston 73-89

Of course I'm doing this for fun but don't be surprised.

Green_Monster
04-12-2016, 10:11 PM
is it just me or is our so called phenom mookie betts striking out at a higher rate than chris davis?

We're only 7 games into the season.

Travis Shaw just got PH for again. Such a joke.

Green_Monster
04-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Any chance of a come back is basically dead now, wonderful.

Let's pinch hit for a guy who's 1 for 2 in the game who's gotten on base twice. Not to mention that guy has a good split against LHP.

Tommy Layne makes an appearance! :laugh2:

-Lavigne43-
04-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Man I hate Farrell.

You can't complain or get worried about guys like Mookie or Price, we know what they are capable of and the season is only just started. It's not the same with Clay, Kelly, Porcello, because this is just a continuation of previous seasons for them. If it was up to me Clay would have been traded long ago, and Kelly would be in the bullpen where he belongs. Winning teams don't go into the season with 4/5 SP's being total question marks with terrible track records.

We've wasted so many runs this first week. I bet the pitching has a good week when our offense hits a drought.

-Lavigne43-
04-12-2016, 10:25 PM
We're only 7 games into the season.

Travis Shaw just got PH for again. Such a joke.

Farrell apparently doesn't realize we have other lefthanded hitters in the lineup.

Bo Sox Fan
04-12-2016, 10:27 PM
I bet a light bright just turned on in Farrell's head and he'll run upstairs to DD's office immediately after the game to save his job and say "Did you see that 3 up 3 down by Layne in the 8th? If we're in a tight one tomorrow I'll use him Dave cause yah he looked good."

Green_Monster
04-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Farrell apparently doesn't realize we have other lefthanded hitters in the lineup.

The guy can't do anything right so far this year. I wonder how much of a leash he'll be given.

FWIW, Shaw has a career line of .325/.349/.614 when given the opportunity to hit against lefties. Obviously that's too shaky for Farrell. (It should be noted, for whatever reason, his line is much worse against lefty relievers).

When asked, Farrell called the move "aggressive." Aggressive? Hm. It strikes me more like a guy who is trying to show how "smart" he is and how "different" he will be from the past. One who's working hard to find roles for guys like Young on an oddly constructed roster (WTF Castillo?).

Aggressive would have easily followed up the move by hitting Sandoval for Young with Ortiz and Hanley on in the seventh. Why not make that move? Farrell was worried that it could put Sandoval at the plate against Britton. But if you're going to be aggressive, that's not really a factor. Aggressive says that if the five hole comes up twice in the last two innings of the game then you've probably manufactured some runs and I can deal with (or don't need to deal with) another substitution. Or it goes the next step and gives Castillo a short in the 9th.

No, it's not aggressive. When you've done it in half the games during the season -- the three close games in fact. It's not aggressive when you do it that often... it's predictable.

That third paragraph is key. One of Farrell's quotes was "He's (Young) going to need at-bats to stay as sharp as possible. The opportunity to get him (Young) in against a left-hander presented itself." Then why didn't he PH Pablo for Young when the opportunity presented itself? Pablo has to stay sharp as well. If he was consistent it would be slightly less irritating. Either be aggressive or let it play out, don't try and "outsmart" people, because you can't.

Station 13
04-13-2016, 10:56 AM
Two ****** games that could gone either way, did not swing in our favor.

and Clay you need to go somewhere else.

Station 13
04-13-2016, 11:00 AM

And none of them are guys to remove from a game. You don't hit for Papi, never. Holt can hold it down. JBJ is needed to play the OF. Shaw has success vs LHP yet Farrell is ignorant about it.
Also pinch hitting is a crap shoot and a lost cause when behind.

Stop removing Shaw from games.
I just can't with Farrell.

RedSoxtober
04-13-2016, 11:55 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/00/94/26/009426e05787f92f079e872ca4ae2b77.jpg

Through the first seven games of the season, the Red Sox’ starting rotation has an ERA of 7.04, which is the worst in the American League.

This many be cause for concern for some, but not Clay Buchholz.

“We’re seven games in, dude,” Buchholz said after the Red Sox’ 9-5 loss to the Orioles Tuesday. “There shouldn’t be anyone worried. We have the best pitcher in the world right now on our team. Things happen and we’re playing against the best guys playing in the world too.

“It’s just one of those things, you get off to a slow start, so be it. I’d rather finish strong than start off strong and then — you want to go off in the middle. We have a lot more games to play.”Boston Herald

a4anthony
04-13-2016, 03:18 PM
If he wants to force Young to PH, the best player for him to PH for his JBJ, just move Mookie or Holt to CF when he does. Im not saying i would do this, but its better than taking out Shaw.

RedSoxtober
04-13-2016, 04:30 PM
So this could be fun. Joe Kelly...
vs Pedro Alvarez, .267/.421/.533, 1-2B, HR, 4RBI, 4BB, 2K (19PA)
vs Chris Davis, .571/.700/.714, 1-2B, 2BB, 2K (10PA)
vs JJ Hardy, .500/.500/.500 (6PA)

Rivera
04-13-2016, 04:38 PM
I may be in the minority. But I am really excited about this Sox team and what they can do. We are another starter away from really contending IMO

I think we are going to have a really good and potentially great season. But we need another starter. Bad

AI
04-13-2016, 05:52 PM
I may be in the minority. But I am really excited about this Sox team and what they can do. We are another starter away from really contending IMO

I think we are going to have a really good and potentially great season. But we need another starter. Bad

I'm with you. The internal additions of Carson Smith and E-Rod will be huge. I do think that Farrell is not the correct person for the job, been saying it for a while, guy is a clueless buffoon. I think Lovullo's bullpen management last year was excellent and he knew when to yank a SP before it all exploded. For example, yesterday, there's no way Lovullo allows Clay to implode and there's no way he allows Robbie Ross to face all those RHH. The fact that Layne hasn't been brought in to face LHH is also ridiculous, that's the sole reason he's on the team.

Bo Sox Fan
04-13-2016, 06:38 PM
Can't wait to laugh out loud after our starter gets torched again tonight while Shaw gets pinched hit for again and we lose again. #FireFarrell

Porcello on the mound tomorrow to end the misery. LMFAO

AI
04-14-2016, 02:06 PM
Can't wait to laugh out loud after our starter gets torched again tonight while Shaw gets pinched hit for again and we lose again. #FireFarrell

Porcello on the mound tomorrow to end the misery. LMFAO

How'd that work out for you? This "the sky is falling" mentality in the forum is exactly why I barely post in here anymore. One would think the seasons already over after 8 games. :laugh2:

Bo Sox Fan
04-14-2016, 02:18 PM
How'd that work out for you? This "the sky is falling" mentality in the forum is exactly why I barely post in here anymore. One would think the seasons already over after 8 games. :laugh2:

What have they done thus far to inspire a change in the standings from the previous 2 years under John Farrell? Yah you got me, congratulations on avoiding the sweep, lmao.

In Buchholz, Porcello, Kelly & Wright we trust. Obviously you do.

AI
04-14-2016, 03:54 PM
We've faced CLE, TOR and BAL thus far and we've managed to play .500 ball without our #2 starter (E-Rod) and one of our best bullpen arms (Smith). And yes, that's .500 ball with what has been the AL's worst starting pitching thus far, that will improve. Step away from the ledge, seriously.

a4anthony
04-14-2016, 08:21 PM
We've faced CLE, TOR and BAL thus far and we've managed to play .500 ball without our #2 starter (E-Rod) and one of our best bullpen arms (Smith). And yes, that's .500 ball with what has been the AL's worst starting pitching thus far, that will improve. Step away from the ledge, seriously.
I honestly just skip the post whenever i see his username. I understand having concerns, but he just exaggerates to no end on how terrible everyone not hitting for cycles or throwing no hitters is.

Petertherock
04-15-2016, 01:47 AM
We are a strong #1-2 type starter away from being a contender. Right now we have Price and pray for rain. Another good pitcher as a #2 starter would do wonders. Then we could fill in 3-5 with Kelly, Porcello, E Rod, Buchholz, Wright, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rivera
04-16-2016, 07:51 PM
We are a strong #1-2 type starter away from being a contender. Right now we have Price and pray for rain. Another good pitcher as a #2 starter would do wonders. Then we could fill in 3-5 with Kelly, Porcello, E Rod, Buchholz, Wright, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly how I feel. Man I really really like this team. And I want to fall in love because this team is just fun to watch. I think if we can get one more starter like this we could do real damage

FYI I'm already in love with Craig Kimbrell. Man is he good