PDA

View Full Version : What game would you attend? ...Warriors or Kobe's last game

eDush
04-11-2016, 09:12 PM
What game would you attend if someone offered you a court side seat to either watch Kobe's final game before his retirement or to watch the Warriors' final game to see if they can make history by breaking the Bull's all time regular season win record?

It's a tough choice even as a Warriors or Lakers fan and indicate why if you could...

:flag: :cheer: :flag:

FlashBolt
04-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Personally, Kobe's. I just think outside a Warrior's fan perspective, Kobe's final game means much more.

warfelg
04-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Kobe's last game.

Although as great as a court side seat would be, I would much prefer the box where the Warriors game could be on the TV.

And the other part of it, the Warriors game excitement runs out if they build a big lead which is likely with the Grizz being so down. Kobe's game would be exciting the entire time.

RaiderLakersA's
04-11-2016, 09:37 PM
This would only be a tough decision for me if the Warriors were playing for the perfect season and completely undefeated. Even then Kobe would get the nod. It's the end of an era for me. The Dubs, on the other hand, are just getting started with no real competition in sight. If they don't get the record this year, they'll probably be in the hunt again next season. Especially if they get Durant.

R. Johnson#3
04-11-2016, 09:40 PM
The Warriors have proven the record can be broken. Another 73 win season would not be impossible whether they get it or not. Love him or hate him, there will never be another Kobe Bryant. I take Kobe's final game and it isn't even close.

SoulBrotha
04-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Kobe!!

More-Than-Most
04-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Kobes last game over almost anything

still1ballin
04-11-2016, 10:01 PM
colby brian bcuz he ze gratest!

FlashBolt
04-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Well, who really thinks the Grizzlies have any chance here? There's really nothing to see. The real 73 record was won last night against the Spurs. Meanwhile, you have a top ten player of all-time, a player who many watched for a great span of our life in Kobe. It will be an amazing night to watch and through all the LeBron vs Kobe debates here, it will certainly be an emotional night. Can't believe his final game is less than 48 hours away. Think about that.

still1ballin
04-11-2016, 10:02 PM
colby brian bcuz he ze gratest!

no ?s askd;

Wade n Fade
04-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Warriors attempt at #73 easily. Not a fan of one of the more over-rated players in NBA history, especially when this "Farewell Tour" is a complete joke because he plays like 20 minutes, shoots 4-12 or 5-25 and then calls it a day.

FlashBolt
04-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Warriors attempt at #73 easily. Not a fan of one of the more over-rated players in NBA history, especially when this "Farewell Tour" is a complete joke because he plays like 20 minutes, shoots 4-12 or 5-25 and then calls it a day.

You expect an age 37 SG who has been playing professional basketball since he was 18 to play 40 minutes and average 30 points or something? Wade would be lucky to be in such a position and he will get a farewell treatment from others as well. People like you are what's wrong with being sports fans. It's Kobe's fault people overrate him? Jesus... BTW, the farewell tour isn't something he wanted but is a mere appreciation of his great career. 20 years ends in 48 hours.

LakersEaglesLA
04-11-2016, 10:53 PM

3rd all time leading scorer 5 championships 17 time all-star 7 finals appearances 20 years in league.. If that's overrated you are overrated at your job..

goingfor28
04-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Kobe

YAALREADYKNO
04-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Kobe's last game no doubt

ewing
04-11-2016, 11:36 PM
i would much rather watch the Warriors game on TV. I would much rather go see Kobe for the final time

Scoots
04-11-2016, 11:47 PM
It's odd to celebrate Kobe's last game. He's leaving because he can't play at a level he wants to play at anymore. This is a lesser Kobe.

YAALREADYKNO
04-11-2016, 11:58 PM

Alot of NBA players would probably want that "overrated" career

Wade n Fade
04-12-2016, 01:23 AM
3rd all time leading scorer 5 championships 17 time all-star 7 finals appearances 20 years in league.. If that's overrated you are overrated at your job..

Quit while you're ahead. Big Shot Rob has more rings. Many of those 17 asg appearances are popularity based and not merit based. 7 finals appearances riding the coat-tails of one of the best Centers ever, having dumb luck with Memphis taking Kwame Brown in a deal for Pau, and Kendrick Perkins getting injured and missing a game 7. Meanwhile, people say he is the 2nd best ever. I can name players that are better than Kobe and will always be better than him: Duncan, Russell, MJ, Wilt to name a few. He is one of the best ever, but not top 2 player of all time, hence why he is overrated.

Wade n Fade
04-12-2016, 01:26 AM
Alot of NBA players would probably want that "overrated" career

Sure, people would love that. I am just saying he's not #2 all time. Whomever says that disrespects legends of the past. Kobe plays in a softer game. Others played where there weren't three point lines and handchecking was legal and what not. Just like how Jordan is in a league of his own, Kobe is a tier below MJ. Nothing wrong with that. That's like saying Mark Messier should be considered in the same realm as Wayne Gretzky. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Sadds The Gr8
04-12-2016, 04:33 AM
I think the warriors record is more important but that game could be over by the middle of the 2nd Q.

The Kobe game could be more competitive plus Utah has a playoff spot on the line so I'd probably choose the Kobe game. If the warriors were playing a better team I'd choose that game.

IKnowHoops
04-12-2016, 04:53 AM
Can't believe I'm saying this. Kobe's last game. Can't say I'd be super geeked for either

DanG
04-12-2016, 05:44 AM
Quit while you're ahead. Big Shot Rob has more rings. Many of those 17 asg appearances are popularity based and not merit based. 7 finals appearances riding the coat-tails of one of the best Centers ever, having dumb luck with Memphis taking Kwame Brown in a deal for Pau, and Kendrick Perkins getting injured and missing a game 7. Meanwhile, people say he is the 2nd best ever. I can name players that are better than Kobe and will always be better than him: Duncan, Russell, MJ, Wilt to name a few. He is one of the best ever, but not top 2 player of all time, hence why he is overrated.

Most people have Kobe top 10, not top 2, where did you get that? And lol @ Perkins.

Iron24th
04-12-2016, 05:55 AM
i would much rather watch the Warriors game on TV. I would much rather go see Kobe for the final time

Exactly.

Memphis doesn't stand a chance, so I would be able to see the score on my phone while watching one the greatest play his last game will be unique.

pebloemer
04-12-2016, 06:20 AM
I don't have much sentiment for Kobe (good or bad). I've never actually seen him live (he only makes it to Toronto once a year). Although it would have been great to see him play live in his prime, he isn't that guy anymore.

The Warriors are in the midst of greatness. Getting a chance to experience greatness as it is happening trumps saying goodbye to it after it is gone. Just my opinion.

blacknell
04-12-2016, 07:29 AM
If he is going to put on a performance like the old Kobe then his last game. I don't think people realize how much the game will hurt without Kobe as he is the last of a dying breed. He is the last player in the NBA who cares about winning and putting it all on the line. Lebron is the best player in the league, but he doesn't have the heart, desire, or passion that Kobe has. We will never again see a teammate start a fight with other teammates because they not playing up to standards. We will never again see a superstar who doesn't want to sit out 33 games a season because he wants to rest. Tomorrow we will lose the last fierce competitor in the NBA history and will see a bunch of soft cry babies for now on.

NYKalltheway
04-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Love him or hate him, there will never be another Kobe Bryant. I take Kobe's final game and it isn't even close.
this

ewing
04-12-2016, 07:59 AM
It's odd to celebrate Kobe's last game. He's leaving because he can't play at a level he wants to play at anymore. This is a lesser Kobe.

that's why most great players leave. Barry Sanders is the exception not the rule

ewing
04-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Exactly.

Memphis doesn't stand a chance, so I would be able to see the score on my phone while watching one the greatest play his last game will be unique.

Yeah, i mean for TV value the Warriors are just more entertaining but I do think Kobe bowing out is a bigger historic event and it would be exciting to be there. I watched the 72 win Bulls. I was a huge NBA fan at the time and i don't even think that was the best Bulls team nor to i think any of those Bulls teams are best team ever so the best season ever thing while cool doesn't mean that much to me.

YAALREADYKNO
04-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Sure, people would love that. I am just saying he's not #2 all time. Whomever says that disrespects legends of the past. Kobe plays in a softer game. Others played where there weren't three point lines and handchecking was legal and what not. Just like how Jordan is in a league of his own, Kobe is a tier below MJ. Nothing wrong with that. That's like saying Mark Messier should be considered in the same realm as Wayne Gretzky. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I agree he isn't top 2 all time but he is a top 3 Guard of all time and the 2nd greatest SG of all time. Hate him or love him some of the things he did on the court in his prime was special to watch

PowerHouse
04-12-2016, 09:25 AM
You expect an age 37 SG who has been playing professional basketball since he was 18 to play 40 minutes and average 30 points or something? Wade would be lucky to be in such a position and he will get a farewell treatment from others as well. People like you are what's wrong with being sports fans. It's Kobe's fault people overrate him? Jesus... BTW, the farewell tour isn't something he wanted but is a mere appreciation of his great career. 20 years ends in 48 hours.

Exactly. Forget just the mere mileage on his body, the main thing is the surgically repaired achilles tendon and lateral tibial plateau. I cant decide if its just ignorant stupididty or a hidden compliment that so many of the haters think Kobe is supposed to be some kind of robot who should still be shooting 47% and 30ppg even with serious injuries, age and mileage.

ewing
04-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Exactly. Forget just the mere mileage on his body, the main thing is the surgically repaired achilles tendon and lateral tibial plateau. I cant decide if its just ignorant stupididty or a hidden compliment that so many of the haters think Kobe is supposed to be some kind of robot who should still be shooting 47% and 30ppg even with serious injuries, age and mileage.

If he could do that he wouldn't be retiring. Kobe pushed it has far as he could. That's what is respectable about his farewell tour.

Captain Moroni
04-12-2016, 10:22 AM
A chance to watch the greatest NBA team in history break a seemingly unbreakable record. Yeah I'm all over that.

archdevil84
04-12-2016, 10:26 AM
man, i cant believe tomorrow is gonna be kobe's last game. I'm not a laker fan or something (infact, i only started following the NBA in 2011) but i just cant imagine the NBA without kobe. It sure is gonna be different without him :(

Vampirate
04-12-2016, 10:37 AM
The warriors have many many great games left in them, love or hate him, last chance to see Kobe Bryant.

The Warriors game is for entertainment, the Kobe game is pure nostalgia holding on to years past.

Vinylman
04-12-2016, 10:42 AM

well said...

typical wade fan who has to rip kobe down to try and elevate wade...

Wade n Fade
04-12-2016, 11:08 AM
well said...

typical wade fan who has to rip kobe down to try and elevate wade...

Nobody mentioned a Wade Kobe comparison. Nice try though.

Wade n Fade
04-12-2016, 11:14 AM

Not at all. I expected him to change his game slightly enough to avoid horrible inefficiency. Instead, he just chucks a ton of garbage. Look, he is the NBA equivalent of the Big Show. He is old, way past his prime, and should've retired ages ago. Kobe should've retired two-three years ago. It's not my fault that fans don't see the fact that Kobe isn't even top 10 in career PER, chucks up too many shots, and isn't as clutch as he is thought to be. Go celebrate your Big Show though.

Stinkyoutsider
04-12-2016, 11:21 AM
I give lots of respect to the Warriors but I'm going to see Kobe. Once in a lifetime talent laces up the sneakers one last time. You'll never get the chance to see it again.

I think this is just the beginning of what Steph Curry and the Warriors are capable of doing. I wish the media would have never gotten on Curry about saying the Warriors were sorry for winning the title (because they played some teams who had injury problems). This year, Curry has shown us what he really can do to his opponents and I think if we poke the bear again after this season, the same results will happen.

Tkais9009
04-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Kobe for sure

Scoots
04-12-2016, 11:48 AM
that's why most great players leave. Barry Sanders is the exception not the rule

True ... so why prioritize watching the end of a career that has gone on too long when he can't play like your memory suggests. My last memory of my Father that I choose to celebrate was at Easter when the family was all around and he was having a good day, not when he was bed-ridden and could barely talk a few weeks later. Celebrate the great not the end.

Dee_Edge
04-12-2016, 11:57 AM

Dido

RaiderLakersA's
04-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Just watched Kendrick Lamar's "Fade to Black" homage to Kobe. Tomorrow night's Lakers game is going to be special.

Wade n Fade
04-12-2016, 12:10 PM
True ... so why prioritize watching the end of a career that has gone on too long when he can't play like your memory suggests. My last memory of my Father that I choose to celebrate was at Easter when the family was all around and he was having a good day, not when he was bed-ridden and could barely talk a few weeks later. Celebrate the great not the end.

Can't compare a bond with a father and family to a sports figure like Kobe. Kobe cannot produce the same sort of feelings as a father and an offspring share. As much work Kobe can do as being an icon or doing make a wish charity events, it will never be the same as a truly good father child relationship that carries on for life.

FlashBolt
04-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Not at all. I expected him to change his game slightly enough to avoid horrible inefficiency. Instead, he just chucks a ton of garbage. Look, he is the NBA equivalent of the Big Show. He is old, way past his prime, and should've retired ages ago. Kobe should've retired two-three years ago. It's not my fault that fans don't see the fact that Kobe isn't even top 10 in career PER, chucks up too many shots, and isn't as clutch as he is thought to be. Go celebrate your Big Show though.

Where does PER come from? By your logic, Tim Duncan, Stephen Curry, Barkley, Bird, Magic, Malone, and the greatest NBA legends don't deserve to be honored? I don't agree with Kobe chucking but he's in a no-win situation here. People aren't paying to see the rest of the Lakers as much as the anticipation of Kobe going out there and exploding like the old Kobe used to do. The guy is still under contract, buddy... I'm pretty sure he has a right to play it out and earn his money. NBA equivalent of the Big Show? How many people are paying top dollar to watch the Big Show? Are you realistically comparing someone who is a once in a generation type player to someone who does choreography? You know who is way past their prime as well? Dwyane Wade.. I bet you would behave the same way that Kobe fans/people who appreciate talent are right now if it were Wade. It is your fault... because fans don't care about PER or someone who chucks up too many shots. They care that if you're an NBA fan, Kobe has been the biggest name for twenty years and has brought up many of the players you see today. Quit evaluating the guy as if he asked for this farewell "tour." Remember, MJ came back as well and people celebrated it.

FlashBolt
04-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Can't compare a bond with a father and family to a sports figure like Kobe. Kobe cannot produce the same sort of feelings as a father and an offspring share. As much work Kobe can do as being an icon or doing make a wish charity events, it will never be the same as a truly good father child relationship that carries on for life.

Lol, who are you to tell people who they should care about? You're a total joke right now.

jerellh528
04-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Kobe's. It's crazy, Kobe is basically all I've known as lakers basketball. Kobe made me fall in love with basketball as a child, now I'm pushing 30 years old, and my own son is going to watch Kobe's last game with me. This is truly an end of an era for me.

Vinylman
04-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Lol, who are you to tell people who they should care about? You're a total joke ALWAYS.

fixed

Tony_Starks
04-12-2016, 01:06 PM
If you don't want to watch Kobes last game it says a lot. Even people that know nothing about the sport or have a great dislike for him will watch because they know the impact he has had on the game. It's global.

How much more so for those that actually claim to be basketball fans.

Tony_Starks
04-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Kobe's. It's crazy, Kobe is basically all I've known as lakers basketball. Kobe made me fall in love with basketball as a child, now I'm pushing 30 years old, and my own son is going to watch Kobe's last game with me. This is truly an end of an era for me.

Here here! When I think of how he wasn't supposed to even last in the league....then how he was never going to recover from Colorado....then when he was never going to win again without Shaq.

To have watched the entire career play out through all the haters and doubters is crazy.

Like you said, end of an era.

We have definitely been spoiled, won't see this ever again.

Sportsguy9695
04-12-2016, 01:12 PM
I would love to be at both games but sense that's not possible I would go to the Warriors game hands down. You could see history in the making. When u get older you could always say I was at the game the Warriors set the record

RCarlson85
04-12-2016, 01:27 PM
I would rather go to Boston for the final Heat game of the season than either of those games. If I had to pick Warriors or Kobe though I would definitely go Warriors. I don't think too many people thought that 72 wins would be broken so that seems like a more historic thing IMO. I'm also not a Kobe fan and really don't care at all about his last game. I'm not trying to take anything away from how great of a player he's been I just don't personally care. Honestly if I had a ticket to either event I would sell it.

Jeffy25
04-12-2016, 02:09 PM
GS that's a record.

Kobe's farewell has been going on all year any way.

I would way rather see a record.

Plus, I'm not Kobe's biggest fan.

FlashBolt
04-12-2016, 02:13 PM
GS that's a record.

Kobe's farewell has been going on all year any way.

I would way rather see a record.

Plus, I'm not Kobe's biggest fan.

Comparing someone's final game to "it has been going on all year" makes no sense. Warriors got the record the moment they beat the Spurs.

JAZZNC
04-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Warriors making history is certainly more interesting to me. However, being a Jazz fan I will be watching Kobe's last game.

I just feel like this season has been a complete joke do the Lakers and Kobe. It's just sad to watch. Every time I have watched the Lakers this year (which has been WAY to much based off of their God awful play) it is just really bad basketball especially by Kobe. If he was even close to a quality NBA player at this point or even tried to play within himself it would be ok but Lakers games are almost unwatchable. I would much prefer to watch the Warriors play actual basketball.

KnicksorBust
04-12-2016, 02:34 PM
How great is it that both games are meaningful? The Jazz are going to be going 100% to make the playoffs and you just know the no bluff Grizzlies are still miffed over that 1 point loss.

Scoots
04-12-2016, 02:46 PM
If you don't want to watch Kobes last game it says a lot. Even people that know nothing about the sport or have a great dislike for him will watch because they know the impact he has had on the game. It's global.

How much more so for those that actually claim to be basketball fans.

If you are a basketball fan why not watch some of the thousands of Kobe videos online and see a great player in action rather than watching a hobbled poor shooting player limp into retirement?

If Kobe's last game was in the playoffs, or even to get in to the playoffs where you wouldn't know if a game was his last or not until the end it would be a different story ... but this isn't Kobe, it's a guy cruising to the exit door on a bad team.

Jeffy25
04-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Comparing someone's final game to "it has been going on all year" makes no sense. Warriors got the record the moment they beat the Spurs.

They still have to win tonight.

One of these events is promised. Kobe walking off to a standing O

Warriors are no promise to beat the Griz

And Kobe has been having his farewell tour all year

Tony_Starks
04-12-2016, 03:05 PM
If you are a basketball fan why not watch some of the thousands of Kobe videos online and see a great player in action rather than watching a hobbled poor shooting player limp into retirement?

If Kobe's last game was in the playoffs, or even to get in to the playoffs where you wouldn't know if a game was his last or not until the end it would be a different story ... but this isn't Kobe, it's a guy cruising to the exit door on a bad team.

I want to give you articulate, thought provoking response regarding historic context and iconic sports figures but I feel like this merits a "then don't watch."

Gagan136
04-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Personally gunna go with Kobe, the Warriors are a great team and i think they got the record when they beat the Spurs a few nights ago. I have been watching Kobe and the Lakers for as long as i can remember, i will never forget the feeling i got when he did something amazing, hopefully he has one more of those moments left in him!

Scoots
04-12-2016, 03:36 PM
I want to give you articulate, thought provoking response regarding historic context and iconic sports figures but I feel like this merits a "then don't watch."

Hehe ... not planning to.

Scoots
04-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Just another data point: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15186931/last-true-days-kobe-bryant

Jeffy25
04-12-2016, 10:20 PM
ESPN to air Warriors not Kobe

giantspwn
04-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Surprised so many people care about watching Kobe. Dude's a shell of his former self, should have retired years ago. It's embarrassing watching him play at this point. He milks LA for hundreds of millions and can't even mentor the next gen there. In my mind he retired after going down several years ago.

I'd rather see the Warriors try for history. A record thought unbreakable by perhaps the most exciting and unlikely bunch of players.

Scoots
04-13-2016, 12:21 AM
Surprised so many people care about watching Kobe. Dude's a shell of his former self, should have retired years ago. It's embarrassing watching him play at this point. He milks LA for hundreds of millions and can't even mentor the next gen there. In my mind he retired after going down several years ago.

I'd rather see the Warriors try for history. A record thought unbreakable by perhaps the most exciting and unlikely bunch of players.

Hundreds of millions? Just how much do you think they are paying him?

Scoots
04-13-2016, 12:59 AM
The Starters weigh in https://youtu.be/InAv2zGwdrs?t=2m52s

RaiderLakersA's
04-13-2016, 11:42 AM
ESPN to air Warriors not Kobe

ESPN II will have the Lakers - Jazz game, if I recall correctly. My DVR is set for both games, since I may have to work late.

Tony_Starks
04-13-2016, 12:22 PM

Some would call watching him now embarrassing.

Others would say for him to even make it through his 20th season after career ending injuries is further testament to his greatness, regardless of what level he's playing at.

The fact that he's been celebrated around the country for a season tells you most fans probably agree with the latter....

Chronz
04-13-2016, 06:09 PM
That's full circle **** tho
The start of another era will be just as fun

YAALREADYKNO
04-13-2016, 07:14 PM
Damn, It's all starting to sink in. I can't believe Kobe's playing his last game tonight. In a few short hours. We will see a top 10 player of all time walk off the court for the last time in his career.

CHANGO
04-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Warriors. Why? Many great players retired since the Bulls set the record on 1996... Jordan was one of them, don't you remember? Now, how many great teams came THIS close to beat that record? A BIG FAT ZERO. Easy choice.

likemystylez
04-13-2016, 08:18 PM
This would only be a tough decision for me if the Warriors were playing for the perfect season and completely undefeated. Even then Kobe would get the nod. It's the end of an era for me. The Dubs, on the other hand, are just getting started with no real competition in sight. If they don't get the record this year, they'll probably be in the hunt again next season. Especially if they get Durant.

dude, 73-9 pretty much is a flawless season by any reasonable fans definition. its prob the equivalent of a pitcher having perfect games for 2 months straight.

Jamiecballer
04-13-2016, 08:34 PM
I'd pay to see Kobe leave the court and never come back for sure

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
04-13-2016, 08:40 PM
Uh, ya. It sorta makes all kinds of sense. If you wanted to see Kobe brick basketballs one last time you had all year to do it

RaiderLakersA's
04-13-2016, 09:05 PM
dude, 73-9 pretty much is a flawless season by any reasonable fans definition. its prob the equivalent of a pitcher having perfect games for 2 months straight.

I didn't say it wasn't impressive and noteworthy. I'm simply saying that there would have to be that much more at stake before I preferred the Warriors game over Kobe's right now. Hell, I live in Warriors country and know personally quite a few Warriors fans who aren't going to watch tonight's W's game. Kobe on the other hand? His final farewell trumps all other games for me. I'm headed home now and have Round Table pizza delivery en route.

Scoots
04-13-2016, 10:00 PM

You just described yourself as a non-reasonable fan.

lol, please
04-13-2016, 11:18 PM
Kobe's game and I am a Warrior fan.

likemystylez
04-13-2016, 11:52 PM
You just described yourself as a non-reasonable fan.

whoa- look at that

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Kobe's last game was worth it. Classic book end.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2016, 11:47 AM

You're salty Sith-like ways prevented you from enjoying a epic moment....and career for that matter.

Shame.

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2016, 04:24 PM

So your check is in the mail to Kobe now, I suppose? All $0.02 of it? Ha ha