PDA

View Full Version : What will get higher ratings on Wednesday?

ISIAH_THOMAS
04-10-2016, 10:16 PM
Warriors going for 73 or Kobes final game?

JordansBulls
04-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Warriors unless you are a Kobe/Lakers fan.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-10-2016, 11:53 PM
JB they're gonna steal the Bulls' record. :nod:

mrblisterdundee
04-11-2016, 12:10 AM
If Golden State is blowing Memphis out, many will switch over to Kobe.

Sadds The Gr8
04-11-2016, 01:35 AM
Gsw but it'll be close.

Vee-Rex
04-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Ignorance

+1.

I'll most likely be watching Kobe. Memphis has no chance.

BallDontLie
04-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Warriors. how often do you get to see history like this? Only really need to see the final mins of the Lakers game to see Kobes exit and ovation.

Hawkeye15
04-11-2016, 04:36 PM
I will be watching the Warriors game, but I can't make a prediction on this thread question

Sly Guy
04-11-2016, 04:49 PM
I couldn't care less about colby brian's final game. Good player, but I didn't like his game, nor what I saw of his off-court personality. So it's an easy choice to watch the warriors that night. And I'll even be cheering for Memphis, too.

phantasyyy
04-11-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that most people will just tune into the pre-game/start/half-time/ending of the lakers game for all the ceremonial appreciations and what not.. but when the game starts flip over to the Warriors game.

At least that's what I will be doing.

But who knows if GSW ends up blowing Memphis out like they should be, I may find myself watching the Lakers game to see if Kobe goes off.

Bron > Kobe
04-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Its pretty sad the way most of you think on this board. I'll be watching Kobe because I'll never get to see him or another athlete like him probably for a while. I was the biggest Kobe hater, but respect and hate are two different things and sometimes go hand in hand.

Scoots
04-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Ignorance

You like to watch rapists? Sicko.

cg_la00
04-11-2016, 06:24 PM
kobe for sure. That will be the last time ill ever watch him play basketball. EVER. the warriors will probably win and get the record, but records are meant to be broken. Dont forget that people, if the warriors really wanted to they could come back next season and beat their own record.

G_S_W
04-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Gsw. Don't care to watch rapists.

Stop watching the NBA and you won't have to.

LakersEaglesLA
04-11-2016, 10:23 PM
You like to watch rapists? Sicko.

Ignorance

I won't respond the way I want to because I don't want my account suspended...

goingfor28
04-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Kobe's final game probably. Everyone knows the Warriors are going to win their game.

YAALREADYKNO
04-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Mamba's last game. Was truly an honor to watch him throughout his career

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-11-2016, 11:32 PM
I think ESPN voted on this by moving Warriors to ESPN. But if you are truly a basketball fan I can't see how you don't tune in to both at least for a short period of time.

Chronz
04-12-2016, 06:55 AM
Ignorance

I won't respond the way I want to because I don't want my account suspended...

Just ignore non basketball related insults

Tony_Starks
04-12-2016, 10:41 AM
I'll be at the Staples to see the legend give us one final curtain call. That's one of those "where were you when...." situations.

I appreciate what the Dubs are doing but that's a DVR situation.

FlashBolt
04-12-2016, 01:23 PM
I'll be at the Staples to see the legend give us one final curtain call. That's one of those "where were you when...." situations.

I agree. I don't think there is any doubt who will win tonight between Dubs vs Memphis. This is the last time we'll see Kobe. Are you going to be in the game? Would love some pics haha.

cahawk
04-13-2016, 12:06 AM
Golden State is a historic team, going for a historic record.
Other game is just the end of an overpaid, overhyped player shooting 35% & 28% 3's.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-13-2016, 01:04 AM
Ah, I miss you cahawk. I remember you used to be real active when the Lakers were down in 07. Then you went on a 4 year hibernation binge between 08 and 11. Weird. 1,104 post and 1,094 of them dedicated to Kobe. You're his number one fan boy. You Kobephiles are weird.

c.c.
04-13-2016, 01:25 AM
Rockets and Kings over here! A win will clinch a playoff berth and we get to face the Warriors early, instead of waiting to WCF like last year.

Tony_Starks
04-13-2016, 12:47 PM
I agree. I don't think there is any doubt who will win tonight between Dubs vs Memphis. This is the last time we'll see Kobe. Are you going to be in the game? Would love some pics haha.

Lol I'm going to run out on the court, I'll give you a shout out before security tackles me!

Tony_Starks
04-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Double

Sportsguy9695
04-13-2016, 01:07 PM
I would say the Warriors game. The entire nation will be watching the Warriors besides the state of California and all Kobe fans out there. But having a chance to see history will get more people's attention if u ask me

Tony_Starks
04-13-2016, 01:31 PM
I would say the Warriors game. The entire nation will be watching the Warriors besides the state of California and all Kobe fans out there. But having a chance to see history will get more people's attention if u ask me

LOL you realize Kobe fans are global right?

You make it sound like a select few fans, literally the whole world is watching Kobe.

ewing
04-13-2016, 01:34 PM

Sounds awesome. Have a good time and remember not to cry LOL

Sportsguy9695
04-13-2016, 01:38 PM
But your typical nba fan I think will want to watch history in the making other then a players last game of his career. 20 30 years down the road people will be saying where did u watch the record breaking game for the Warriors. You won't be talking about kobes final game. You will be talking about his career as a whole

archdevil84
04-13-2016, 02:12 PM
i'll start of by watching heat celtics, and then tune in to follow kobe's final game with the GSW game in the background. Living in europe is not ideal but sometimes you gotta pull through the night to witness history. In 30 years people are probably like: "You remember 13 april 2016 when kobe bryant played his final game AND the GSW set the record for best reg season in NBA history? That night was awesome!".

KnicksorBust
04-13-2016, 02:14 PM
The game on ESPN not ESPN2.

Tony_Starks
04-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Sounds awesome. Have a good time and remember not to cry LOL

Aw man I'm not shellin out the cash for the game. I've been to enough games, they are doing WAY too much with the ticket prices.

There's a lot of festivities going down at the Staples Center before tho....

Scoots
04-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Aw man I'm not shellin out the cash for the game. I've been to enough games, they are doing WAY too much with the ticket prices.

The internet has messed up ticket prices for events. Scalpers used to just have a customer base of whoever walked by AT THE GAME ... now everybody in the world is in the customer base.

WaDe03
04-13-2016, 04:27 PM
Golden State is a historic team, going for a historic record.
Other game is just the end of an overpaid, overhyped player shooting 35% & 28% 3's.

Kobe is a historic global figure and top 10 player of all-time. Other game is a team that got to where they are with a lot of help from the refs and should probably have 14-16 losses right now just off games I've seen.

Tony_Starks
04-13-2016, 04:33 PM
The internet has messed up ticket prices for events. Scalpers used to just have a customer base of whoever walked by AT THE GAME ... now everybody in the world is in the customer base.

True. People are coming up off this farewell tour.

Even scalpers are sky high now. I went to the Laker v Clipper game last week and this dude was out there scalping nosebleed seats for $400 a pop.

I'm like wow, good luck with that!

Ball_Out
04-13-2016, 04:51 PM
Warriors unless you are a Kobe/Lakers fan.

Since there are a bunch of Kobe/Lakers fans, Kobe might get this.

Chazm
04-13-2016, 05:00 PM
Baseball. Cubs.

Chronz
04-13-2016, 06:02 PM

Can't find the schedule. What time these events start? I'm traveling metro to get off at kobe station and I'm showing up in my Shaq Jersey. Unless my friends lend me their white pants+sombrero combo

Tony_Starks
04-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Can't find the schedule. What time these events start? I'm traveling metro to get off at kobe station and I'm showing up in my Shaq Jersey. Unless my friends lend me their white pants+sombrero combo

From 4 - 7. They're going to open up the staples center for the fans.

Got caught up at work, looks like I won't make it.

Otherwise I would've welcomed you to a fine pre game booze my good man!

FlashBolt
04-13-2016, 06:51 PM
My cousin lives in China. There are people crying at the news that it will be Kobe's last game. They don't even know who the Warriors are. That's impact.

Vikes_Fan04
04-13-2016, 07:12 PM
My cousin lives in China. There are people crying at the news that it will be Kobe's last game. They don't even know who the Warriors are. That's impact.

No kidding! My cousin in the Philippines said they're having a big viewing party at one of the malls there and it's gonna be packed like as if it were a Pacquiao fight.

likemystylez
04-13-2016, 08:21 PM

not sure why theyd be crying, LOL they knew kobe was retiring all year. If they arent aware of who the warriors are right now, then they clearly dont follow the NBA.

likemystylez
04-13-2016, 08:22 PM
Since there are a bunch of Kobe/Lakers fans, Kobe might get this.

espn didnt think so, lol as they bumped kobe to espn 2

Vikes_Fan04
04-13-2016, 09:46 PM
espn didnt think so, lol as they bumped kobe to espn 2

It'll be interesting to see the numbers for sure. I read tickets to Kobes game are selling double the price of the Warriors game. Can't wait to see the final ratings numbers.

YAALREADYKNO
04-14-2016, 12:57 AM
Yeah I think we know which was more entertaining. Def KOBE's last game.

FlashBolt
04-14-2016, 01:16 AM
not sure why theyd be crying, LOL they knew kobe was retiring all year. If they arent aware of who the warriors are right now, then they clearly dont follow the NBA.

It's not that they don't follow the NBA.. it's that Kobe IS literally the NBA for them (of course they know who Curry, Bron, etc. are). That wasn't my point, though. These guys worship Kobe 10000x more than they do Jordan.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2016, 01:24 AM
Feel pretty comfortable with my decision to watch Kobe.

Phantom Dreamer
04-14-2016, 01:28 AM
I don't know about television, but Kobe dominated twitter Wednesday night.

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Kobe's last game was watched around the world. We won't know the market share, but I'm pretty confident that the Warriors didn't get very much airplay in Europe, Asia, and Pacific Rim countries, while the Lakers absolutely did. I watched both games last night (the Warriors on DVR) and I have to say that I would not change a thing in terms of which game I would watch first all over again. Everyone knew the Warriors was a foregone conclusion.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2016, 08:24 PM
The ratings are in: Golden State got 2.7 views, Kobe 2.6.

Wow.

Says something when you can go up against a historic record setting team and mvp, while playing on the 2nd worst team in the game....sell out the house and pack it with celebrities....and get almost as many views.

GREATNESS ONE
04-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Those ratings just for the US? What an epic game, I'm so happy I was able to witness that.

Chronz
04-14-2016, 09:00 PM

Wow.

Says something when you can go up against a historic record setting team and mvp, while playing on the 2nd worst team in the game....sell out the house and pack it with celebrities....and get almost as many views.

My friend had both games on but the GS game was on the lil tv. I wonder if others did the same

kdspurman
04-14-2016, 09:26 PM

Wow.

I actually thought Kobe would've been higher lol

Chronz
04-14-2016, 09:46 PM
I actually thought Kobe would've been higher lol
Those are just espn, everyone in LA was prolly watching the local broadcast on the Lakers network

Tony_Starks
04-14-2016, 11:13 PM
Those are just espn, everyone in LA was prolly watching the local broadcast on the Lakers network

True that, that's just ESPN vs espn2.

When you factor in the broadcast Kobe probably killed it.

Staples center also sold a record 1.2 million in merchandise.

I'm happy for Kobe and the city/ fans.

Kinda salty that Buss got to basically milk the Kobe show and come up off it instead of actually doing his job tho....