PDA

View Full Version : How do you fix the disappointing teams this year?

JasonJohnHorn
04-10-2016, 12:51 PM
The Wiz had a great playoff run and many expected them to build on it; instead the will be sitting at home in the playoffs this year.

The Bulls struggled with injuries again and won't be having and playoff games.

The Bucks failed to build on their momentum last year.

The Pelicans had a coaching change and saw a playoff team with a young an improving core turn into a bonafide lottery team.

Th Rockets went deep in the post season last year only to put themselves on the verge or missing the playoffs.

And Sac-town was supposed to finally get over the hump but instead had another year of mediocrity.

What do these disappointing teams need to do to get back on track?

GoferKing_
04-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Kings... need a complete rebuild. Top to bottom. Unless they can get Butler and Thibs.xD

warfelg
04-10-2016, 06:44 PM
The Wiz had a great playoff run and many expected them to build on it; instead the will be sitting at home in the playoffs this year.

Unless KD decides to sign with them, I think they need a mini-reboot. I also think (with regards to KD) people underestimate the immense pressure there is to win in your hometown. I say keep Wall, let Beal walk, let Nene walk, try to get max value for Gortot. Use cap to go for Ryan Anderson and Kent Bazemore.

Full reboot.

Just find a landing spot for Monroe that brings you a defensive 5.

The Pelicans had a coaching change and saw a playoff team with a young an improving core turn into a bonafide lottery team.

Use the draft on one of the shooters (Hield, Murray). Let Gordon and Reke go. Chase Harrison Barnes.

Th Rockets went deep in the post season last year only to put themselves on the verge or missing the playoffs.

No freaking clue what to do.

And Sac-town was supposed to finally get over the hump but instead had another year of mediocrity.

Let most FA's walk. Trade Cousins for a monster package. If Boston is willing to send you the Nets pick, Smart, Olynyk, future pick, take it. Use some cap space to augment it, but don't try to push anything.

kobe4thewinbang
04-10-2016, 11:23 PM

Wizards: Wall & Beal are better now, but Beal keeps getting hurt. Need another quality player.

Bulls: Make up their mind - Butler or Rose - but one has to go. They're insane if they pick Rose.
Utilize Noah, resign him, let Gasol go.
They might just need another year or players suited for the new coach, but it's sad to see them.

Bucks: Acquire Dwight Howard, maybe, and letting Giannis be the PG is a great idea. I think they'll be better.
They're losing injury-prone high school stud OJ Mayo and will probably trade MCW. Plus they're in the east.

Pelicans: Trade Ryan Anderson, keep Davis happy, get a generally better roster, convince FAs to sign, trade Gordon or buy him out.

Rockets: Shouldn't have fired McHale, let Dwight go however it happens, get some bench players, give up on the big prospects, have a sitdown with Harden about the team's future. GET A RELIABLE FREAKING POINT GUARD.

Kings: Never should've fired Malone. Cousins is still a beast. Rondo runs the offense well, but I dunno if they should commit to him since he is so limited offensively (despite having 27 the other night) and with that 10-15 million they can sign some players. Trade McLemore to a team where he can play more, generally play more defense, get some quality veterans, hopefully Stein has a better season. But most of all: They need a direction.

Dade County
04-11-2016, 12:19 AM

I really believe that their front office was so focus on KD being a free agent, they didn't want to sign anyone in fear of not having enough cap room rom for next season (yes, I know the Cap is going up)...

But they seem to put their entire franchise on hold. They 4-0 the Raps, then they did nothing to really make the team better.

smh

Bulls fans might not like what I am about to write...

For the past 4yrs, this team has been mostly a regular season team. The media is at fault here as well, they have over hyped this team so much, that people really believed they was always 1 or 2 healthy players away from winning it all.

But the truth is, Thibs brought out all the potential out of this team; good regular season team and a tough out during playoff time, but people always fantasize for more.

Unless they can actually start to make trades for all star caliber players, they will always be just another good eastern conference team.

They should keep butler & try their hardest to trade for Paul George or land KD. Forget about Rose, trade his ***.

Their rebuild should be, trade everything and for an all star caliber player, then build from there & have free agents start slowly coming to you. You have to start somewhere, and I don't believe they should have a fire sale and tank.

They just need to sign 3point shooters and let their young players grow.

Some GM out there needs to step forward and save AD. Get him the **** out of the N.O.

The Rockets went deep in the post season last year only to put themselves on the verge or missing the playoffs.

As long as Harden is their best player, this is the fate of the Rockets. They should be better then this.

Smh

I think you should of added the Knicks too.

Trade Melo to a team he would wave his no trade clause. Build around Kp, focus on a youth movement, sale that to your fans...etc

& Hire Thibs, **** your triangle Phil

kobe4thewinbang
04-11-2016, 12:22 AM
I really believe that their front office was so focus on KD being a free agent, they didn't want to sign anyone in fear of not having enough cap room rom for next season (yes, I know the Cap is going up)...

But they seem to put their entire franchise on hold. They 4-0 the Raps, then they did nothing to really make the team better.

smh

Bulls fans might not like what I am about to write...

For the past 4yrs, this team has been mostly a regular season team. The media is at fault here as well, they have over hyped this team so much, that people really believed they was always a 1 or 2 healthy players away from winning it all.

But the truth is, Thibs brought out all the potential out of this team; good regular season team and a tough out during playoff time, but people always fantasize for more.

Unless they can actually start to make trades for all star caliber players, they will always be just another good eastern conference team.

They should keep butler & try their hardest to trade for Paul George or land KD. Forget about Rose, trade his ***.

Their rebuild should be, trade everything and just land an all star caliber player, then build from there & have free agents start slowly coming to you. You have to start somewhere, and I don't believe they should have a fair sale and tank.

They just need to sign 3point shooters and let their young players grow.

Some GM out there needs to step forward and save AD. Get him the **** out of the N.O.

As long as Harden is their best player, this is the fate of the Rockets. They should be better then this.

Smh

I think you should of added the Knicks too.

Trade Melo to a team he would wave his no trade clause. Build around Kp, focus on a youth movement, sale that to your fans...etc

& Hire Thibs, **** your triangle PhilWell, rumors say Phil wants out. I think the Knicks should continue to get young, good players and go from there. KP is a stud, and Carmelo still brings it when KP can't. So, I say keep Carmelo until the team is better unless a team offers a lot of prospects for him. I think they're already better, but definitely need more help. A tough-nose Knicks team would be nice to see, run by Thibs.

I agree about the Bulls and Wizards. I wonder if Pat Riley will steal Durant away from OKC. Playoffs will determine what he does, I think.

Dade County
04-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Well, rumors say Phil wants out. I think the Knicks should continue to get young, good players and go from there. KP is a stud, and Carmelo still brings it when KP can't. So, I say keep Carmelo until the team is better unless a team offers a lot of prospects for him. I think they're already better, but definitely need more help. A tough-nose Knicks team would be nice to see, run by Thibs.

I see your point... But since I feel that it's going to happen anyway, I rather see the Knicks have their young core with a new coach & have Melo on a contending team so we have another contender out there.

But your point is also valid.

I wonder if Pat Riley will steal Durant away from OKC. Playoffs will determine what he does, I think.

Of course I feel this way too... But I'm a HEAT fan, so LoL

mrblisterdundee
04-11-2016, 02:33 AM
The Wizards: John Wall is looking like a really good second fiddle. Washington needs an alpha like Kevin Durant, and should maybe look at using Otto Porter as trade bait to get one, if they can't score in free agency. Then it depends on how healthy Bradley Beal can stay. He's still young. They'll get a lottery pick.
The Bulls: This team, as usual, was limited by injuries. At this point, the Bulls should retool around Jimmy Butler and Bobby Portis. Everyone else should be available. Trade Pau Gasol and Taj Gibson to contenders, and hopefully get younger assets back. If Orlando offers Victor Oladipo, another young asset and a good pick for Butler, take it.
The Bucks: Greg Monroe didn't work out. He puts up numbers but lacks the defensive chops to be elite. It'll be interesting to see Giannis Antetokounmpo, and hopefully that will help part with Michael Carter-Williams. I can't help but think Monta Ellis or Brandon Jennings might be helpful for Milwaukee right now.
The Pelicans: Anthony Davis had his injuries and limitations, but people probably underestimate the impact of the injuries to New Orleans' back court. Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon have all been very promising players when healthy, but New Orleans seems to have a thing for injury-prone players.
The Rockets: Dwight Howard is somewhat of a cancer, so not resigning him should help the Rockets. Retool around James Harden; chase a point guard like Mike Conley or a power forward like Al Horford in free agency; try Clint Capela at center; and hope Terrence Jones stays healthy.
The Kings: A change in the front office or ownership would do the most good. Trade DeMarcus Cousins for the best package possible. It's pretty obvious he and the Kings aren't going to do anything productive. Develop players like Willie Cauley-Stein and Ben McLemore, and in general start over post-Cousins.