PDA

View Full Version : What will it take for Cousins to change?

GiantsSwaGG
04-09-2016, 05:17 PM
http://thebiglead.com/2016/04/06/demarcus-cousins-shoved-gerald-henderson-tied-career-high-for-technical-fouls-in-a-season/

Dude shoves a security guard at MSG, then Gerald Henderson for no reason, dude has serious issues

GiantsSwaGG
04-09-2016, 05:22 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/trailblazers/status/717563912644747264

beasted86
04-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Gerald Henderson for no reason? Watch the video again.

IndyRealist
04-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Cousins got baited.

JPS
04-09-2016, 10:14 PM
He is an idiot he will never change. Some dumb team will get duped into trading for him soon.

flea
04-09-2016, 10:53 PM
A frontal lobe lobotomy. "Top 3 center" lmao.

BKLYNpigeon
04-09-2016, 11:36 PM
a stable winning franchise.

kobe4thewinbang
04-09-2016, 11:45 PM
a stable winning franchise.This. Kings are wasting a quality player's career. He has 30 points every other game. If he showed no emotion at all, I'd be concerned. And who wouldn't be frustrated with this team.

5ass
04-09-2016, 11:45 PM
A frontal lobe lobotomy. "Top 3 center" lmao.

Who are your top 3?

Chronz
04-10-2016, 12:24 AM
A coach he respects and better shot selection

JLynn943
04-10-2016, 01:27 AM
A coach he respects and better shot selection

That might be all it takes. The Kings were looking good under Malone last year before he was fired after the team went on a losing stretch while Cousins had meningitis. I think he also just needs to grow up some and would benefit from playing with a strong leader. He's pretty much had none.

ewing
04-10-2016, 07:53 AM
move to China

McAllen Tx
04-10-2016, 08:14 AM
He needs to not be the best player on a team. IMO there are more players he respects then coaches. Probably only a handful of coaches while players might go 10-12 deep.

DboneG
04-10-2016, 09:16 AM
DeMarcus Cousins is who he is...take him or leave him. It's him against the world attitude. Everybody is against me attitude. Everybody thought I wouldn't make it attitude. He's the modern day Rasheed Wallace. "Ball don't lie"

Rasheed got a tech standing at the foul-line block, during a free throw, by saying "Ball don't lie" ...The ref told him to shut up/stop talking and Sheed didn't. Sheed was so rebellious, he said it/talked almost every time in every game at the line after that. The Refs can't make the players be quite. It's part of the game to communicate with your team mates, at any time on the court. Now you can't holler and scream during a free throw. But, talk...yes! "Block out the shooter" , "I'm blocking Jay", "Every body crash"...

DeMarcus needs a head coach that he respect. Front office stability, few more pieces for the team and you won't hear a word out of him and his antics. Because: "Ball don't lie".

JasonJohnHorn
04-10-2016, 09:22 AM
I get the feeling like the bulk of his prime will be spoiled due to his own issues.

He reminds me of Dwight in that respect. Very different players, obviously, but both very selfish in terms of their view of the game.

PeanutPunch33
04-10-2016, 09:45 AM
I'll take 4 more players like him who go 100% all the time, as opposed to the "I'll try ever other day" culture of today's NBA

How many seasons now have the Kings failed to put a secondary and 3rd piece around him? Address their coaching situation? Cousins is too good for that organization, I hope he gets traded

warfelg
04-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Frankly?

A suspension. I think a hearty suspension for something he does will get him to straighten out his act. Show him the team/NBA are more important than him.

basketballkitty
04-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Frankly?

A suspension. I think a hearty suspension for something he does will get him to straighten out his act. Show him the team/NBA are more important than him.

He's been suspended so many times I have lost count. And the team cannot suspended without cause. At least not long enough to make any real point with him. The CBA and the Union wouldn't allow it. I just think he is messed up in the Head. From what I hear off the court Cousins is a great citizen. So it is something that happens during competition on the court. He needs serious one on one Counseling.

Raidergrant
04-10-2016, 03:49 PM
I'll take 4 more players like him who go 100% all the time, as opposed to the "I'll try ever other day" culture of today's NBA

How many seasons now have the Kings failed to put a secondary and 3rd piece around him? Address their coaching situation? Cousins is too good for that organization, I hope he gets traded

You clearly don't watch the Kings that much. He does not go 100% all the time. If he did the Kings would have more wins. players who play 100% don't jog up the court on defense and allow easy transition hoops. Players who play 100% don't let the refs take them out of the game. Players who play 100% don't lead the NBA in techs every year.

flea
04-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Who are your top 3?

Probably Horford and both Gasols (when healthy). Just for this past season I'd say Horford, Pau, and Deandre. I'd take a lot more than just those 3 on my team over Cousins though. Gortat, Vuc, and probably even a guy like Zaza who kept a terrible Mavs defensive team afloat this year and saw his former team go from 4th in the league to 25th with his subtraction (and Monroe's addition, TBF) as the only major difference between the teams. Well and Parker's health I suppose.

I think the C position is about to explode. Teams are still way better defensively with true big men, they're just trying to figure out how to keep up offensively in a jumpshooting and transition league.

Vampirate
04-14-2016, 10:43 AM
Basically he has no real respect for the Kings organization. Earn his respect and he'll most likely listen and straighten up. Winning is a cure all.

basketballkitty
04-14-2016, 10:43 AM
What will it take for Cousins to change?

https://www.denvercenter.org/images/default-source/Series-images/An-Act-of-God/an-act-of-god.png?sfvrsn=0

JAZZNC
04-14-2016, 10:51 AM

You've never even watched the first quarter of a Kings game. He is one of the laziest players in the NBA. Unless he is cherry picking he is almost always the last guy across half court on BOTH ends of the court. He shoots threes because it takes no effort on his part. He is a terrible player with an even worse attitude. He is NEVER gonna get his act together. He is gonna be like AI, he will be gone from the NBA long before he should be because he simply doesn't get it. And this notion that he needs a coach he respects is ludicrous. How bout he earns the respect of the coach for once (there is a reason Coach K wanted nothing to do with that loser on Team USA). But he is a selfish douche so that'll never happen.

Wrigheyes4MVP
04-14-2016, 04:14 PM
A change of scenery

numba1CHANGsta
04-14-2016, 04:40 PM
Same way how Sheed and Artest changed, trade them to another team and you keep trading them until they finally realize it's time to change their ways. Or trade him to a contender who has a strong vocal leader cuz right now Cousins is no leader.

ewing
04-14-2016, 09:47 PM
Same way how Sheed and Artest changed, trade them to another team and you keep trading them until they finally realize it's time to change their ways. Or trade him to a contender who has a strong vocal leader cuz right now Cousins is no leader.

Ron had his best years as a Pacer.

mrblisterdundee
04-15-2016, 01:30 AM
He needs a better team, with either a mentor or at least an equal to help balance him out.
I was thinking Washington, if it miraculously keeps that top-nine pick, should offer it, Otto Porter, Marcin Gortat and Kelly Oubre Jr. for Cousins. Sacramento can get a good start on their inevitable rebuild. I think Cousins would play better with his friend John Wall.
More importantly, Sacramento needs a change in leadership, or at least management style.

FlashBolt
04-15-2016, 01:30 AM
Players tend to change when it comes close to free agency for them. Sucks for the Kings in that regard because I don't think either parties are amicable here. I mean if Shaq can't get to the guy, who can at this point? He's a headache. He will mature eventually but it's simply not worth risking when you can trade him for a valuable piece. Kings should be entertaining many trade options this offseason. Wizards should look into Cousins. Maybe reuniting with Wall can calm his *** down.

mrblisterdundee
04-15-2016, 01:40 AM
Basically he has no real respect for the Kings organization. Earn his respect and he'll most likely listen and straighten up. Winning is a cure all.

Yeah; a great free agent point or shooting guard would greatly help the team. Mike Conley could be a decent fit, but how do you get a marquee free agent to commit to such a dysfunctional organization?

Jarvo
04-15-2016, 11:27 AM
I've said this since last year, I hope when he's a free agent and if Pop is still coaching The Spurs go after him. Coach Pop can be the one who gets him in check and make him reach his full potential.

Hawkeye15
04-15-2016, 11:29 AM
He would need a coach that demands respect, and vets to ring him in.

The dude is a classic punk, but he has talent

mrblisterdundee
04-15-2016, 12:10 PM
I've said this since last year, I hope when he's a free agent and if Pop is still coaching The Spurs go after him. Coach Pop can be the one who gets him in check and make him reach his full potential.

Yeah; it's probably too late for Duncan to be a mentor, but Leonard would be a great influence on Cousins as well. It's not going to happen, though, considering San Antonio has already made the investment in Aldridge.

Scoots
04-15-2016, 12:37 PM
I think it's probably too late for him to ever REALLY change.