PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets and the Bulls....

Tony_Starks
04-08-2016, 02:35 PM
Both have underachieved this season. The Bulls have had a plethora of legit injuries but still no excuse to miss the playoffs in the east.

We all know Houstons story of dysfunction.

So who rebounds faster? They both have assets and some flexibility this summer, both with a young allstar still in his prime.

Not panic time but still seems like a reset button is in order for both squads.

WaDe03
04-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Both of their SGs/leaders are better than Wade though? I'm glad I haven't heard any of that in awhile.

To answer your question it pretty much depends on what happens in free agency. Neither team is in a terrible position.

Chronz
04-08-2016, 03:19 PM
We can say both teams have underachieved but Chicago has suffered a **** ton of injuries, read something about them leading the league in injuries even tho their best players have played through most of them. Rockets were a mess chemistry wise but the team isn't as talented as it was a year ago.

Just curious, did you feel Kobe underachieved with Dwight also?

Both of their SGs/leaders are better than Wade though? I'm glad I haven't heard any of that in awhile.
Thats because its been true for so long that it goes without saying.

Tony_Starks
04-08-2016, 03:30 PM
We can say both teams have underachieved but Chicago has suffered a **** ton of injuries, read something about them leading the league in injuries even tho their best players have played through most of them. Rockets were a mess chemistry wise but the team isn't as talented as it was a year ago.

The Rockets have almost the exact same team as last year so I'm not sure what you mean by not as talented? Unless you're implying the Ty Lawson acquisition and temporary loss of Smith had a big impact.

To your unrelated question the year D'Antoni ran Kobe into the ground, playing him I believe 2nd or 3rd most minutes in the league, was one of his best seasons. Statistically he was a shade better than Harden that year, with a revolving door of players in and out of the lineup.

And Dwight was being a trooper just staying on the floor since he was recovering, albeit in a contract year. So I can't throw any shade on him for that season.

So, no. All the blame that season goes to D'Antoni for selling that the late 30's version of Nash, Kobe, Artest, and Pau was about to be the "new Showtime."

warfelg
04-08-2016, 03:31 PM

I feel like Chicago is a lot older than it really is thanks to the way Thibs played them. Gasol, Taj, Noah, Rose all play way older than they really are. Hinrich as a backup doesn't help.

Rockets had chemistry once upon a time, but relied too much on talent needs at positions as opposed to chemistry with talent.

I think both are fixable, Houston more so than Chicago. Houston has managed to draft well through this, while Chicago? Not so much IMO.

phantasyyy
04-08-2016, 03:39 PM

I'm pretty sure the Pelicans have them beat in that category.. haha or even the Grizzlies they're both pretty much playing with fringe/d-league players at the moment.

Both teams did lose their coaches, and with the Bulls losing both their defensive coach and their anchor in Noah was huuuge(even though was coming off the bench:confused:). For the Rockets canning McHale so early was the beginning of their downfall.. they were already have chemistry issues and letting go of a coach that had just brought them to the WCF was just stupid. Even for all his shortcomings he didn't deserve that.. especially with Harden coming into the season out of shape.

Also for Houston the Lawson experiment failed terribly, and I think not re-signing Smith right away also contributed to the mess they are in now. But they too have had their fair share of injuries with D-Mo essentially out for like 3/4 of the season and Jones injured and not essentially not even in the rotation. Howard and Harden have some beef and just can't co-exist and their offensive scheme is pretty revolved around whatever Harden wants to do. Their defense has gone down the toilet which is amazing considering they do have some pretty good defensive players in Bevs, Ariza, Howard, Brewer, and even Capela.

The east's middle teams have improved drastically this year compared to last years so the comment about not making the playoffs the East this year is a moot point imo. Then again I thought they would at least get into one of the final spots. Rose has just been atrocious also.

numba1CHANGsta
04-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Rebuilding mode for both teams

Tony_Starks
04-08-2016, 03:46 PM
I feel like Chicago is a lot older than it really is thanks to the way Thibs played them. Gasol, Taj, Noah, Rose all play way older than they really are. Hinrich as a backup doesn't help.

Rockets had chemistry once upon a time, but relied too much on talent needs at positions as opposed to chemistry with talent.

I think both are fixable, Houston more so than Chicago. Houston has managed to draft well through this, while Chicago? Not so much IMO.

But can't the Bulls still get back a fairly decent package for D Rose? Assuming they finally cut bait and decide to move on?

phantasyyy
04-08-2016, 03:51 PM
But can't the Bulls still get back a fairly decent package for D Rose? Assuming they finally cut bait and decide to move on?

Pretty sure no team is willing to touch his 21m salary even if it is expiring and if they did they surely aren't going to give up any assets for a declining talent. His stock is at an all time low, and I think Chicago will ride it out to see if he can regain form next year. All else fails, he helps sell them tickets.

mngopher35
04-08-2016, 03:56 PM
I can see these teams taking different routes. Bulls might end up trading Butler for a rebuild package from a team like Phi/Bos/Orl and attempt a rebuild around some young talent/picks. The following off season Rose would be off the books so it would be like a fresh start completely for them (but with solid young/cheap assets).

I think the Rockets on the other hand are more likely to try and build around Harden in the off season. Durant seems like a pipe dream but I am sure that will be their big attempt. After that maybe attempt for something like a Conley/Horford duo? Not exactly sure the pieces but I don't think they go for a complete rebuild like Chicago might.

This means it is very dependent on which route they take to judge who will compete first. Outside of getting Durant I think if they go the routes above Houston is more likely to be a good team next yr while Chicago might end up having a better future if they can rebuild correctly. Who knows though because I have seen Bulls fans also mention the organization is pretty tough when it comes to trading great players so I could be way off.

WaDe03
04-08-2016, 03:57 PM

haha

smith&wesson
04-08-2016, 04:01 PM
What happened to Ty Lawson ? I had him as a top 10 pg just a season or two ago. At the start of the season I had the rockets as a top 4 team in the west. After the warriors, spurs, and okc.

Lawson-Beverly-Terry
Harden-Brewer-Terry
Ariza - Mcdaniels
Jones - Beasley ?
Howard-Capela

I believe they have ample talent even with out Lawson. Beverly is still a good defending pg and someone they missed last season in the post season..

Harden being an offensive beast and Howard a defensive one, I honestly thought that they would be an amazing pairing. I guess that goes to show that looking good on paper doesn't always translate to the court.

As for the Bulls, they should have never fired Thibs. He would still have them in the playoffs and probably seeded between 4-6. I guess that franchise is seeing just how important he was as a coach.

warfelg
04-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Pretty sure no team is willing to touch his 21m salary even if it is expiring and if they did they surely aren't going to give up any assets for a declining talent. His stock is at an all time low, and I think Chicago will ride it out to see if he can regain form next year. All else fails, he helps sell them tickets.

Pretty much. No team is mortgaging their future for a guy like Rose.

mrblisterdundee
04-08-2016, 04:07 PM
I would say the Bulls, because they're in the eastern conference. Even if Houston does rebound, it'll be tough for them to break into the top four in the western after Golden State, San Antonio, Oklahoma City and Los Angeles. The Bulls will have to battle to get a top-four seeding after Cleveland, Toronto, Atlanta and Boston, but I think that road sounds a bit easier than being in the west.

nastynice
04-08-2016, 04:08 PM

lol, what?

phantasyyy
04-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Both teams still have stud SG's to build around though with Butler(assuming he doesn't get traded) and Harden..

Chicago has more assets than Houston does though... with Niko, Doug, Portis, and Gibson - Rose too :rolleyes:
-Gasol, Noah are both probably gone as well.

Houston pretty much has Capela, Harrell, Dekker, and Beasley?
-Dmo, Jones, Howard are all pretty much gone next year.

WaDe03
04-08-2016, 04:58 PM
lol, what?

It's been comical watching Butler try to defend Wade this year and Harden has the Kardashian curse lol.

Shammyguy3
04-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Both have underachieved this season. The Bulls have had a plethora of legit injuries but still no excuse to miss the playoffs in the east.

We all know Houstons story of dysfunction.

So who rebounds faster? They both have assets and some flexibility this summer, both with a young allstar still in his prime.

Not panic time but still seems like a reset button is in order for both squads.

Tougher to make the East than West this year, just had to point that out.

To answer your question it pretty much depends on what happens in free agency. Neither team is in a terrible position.

:laugh2: c'mon, you can't be serious with this? Also - being a leader doesn't necessarily mean you're a better player. Derek Fisher on the Lakers team was considered a leader right? Bynum was better. Butler's been pretty pedestrian as the franchise's "leader" this season because of all the dysfunction that's gone on (some brought out by him and some not).

It's been comical watching Butler try to defend Wade this year and Harden has the Kardashian curse lol.

Okay, I see you actually are serious

DamnGoat
04-08-2016, 06:57 PM
The Bulls are a poorly constructed roster with a lot of players that don't fit well with one another, very few two-way players and overpaid for a HC that looks to be in way over his head.

The bottom was going to fall out with them eventually, but as a Bulls fan, I didn't think it'd happen this quickly.

IMO, the Bulls need to make a choice between Rose & Butler this offseason (though I seriously doubt they will) because their styles will be very hard to mesh together. I'd love to see a rebuild, but I don't think the Bulls FO has the balls for that.

warfelg
04-08-2016, 07:54 PM
The Bulls are a poorly constructed roster with a lot of players that don't fit well with one another, very few two-way players and overpaid for a HC that looks to be in way over his head.

The bottom was going to fall out with them eventually, but as a Bulls fan, I didn't think it'd happen this quickly.

IMO, the Bulls need to make a choice between Rose & Butler this offseason (though I seriously doubt they will) because their styles will be very hard to mesh together. I'd love to see a rebuild, but I don't think the Bulls FO has the balls for that.

This is an issue that plauges a lot of teams. Bottom is falling out and they have to pick one or the other.

What they should do? Trade Jimmy for a young potential stud, picks. Trade Rose for anything they can get back, even if they have to send something along with him. Let guys walk. Sign some FA's to some good contracts.

What they most likely will do? Keep Rose and Butler. Resign Noah. Overpay an average FA. End up hanging around the 6th seed.

The what they should do doesn't bottom them out. If gives them the tools to rebuild on the fly without many problems of going all Sixers on us.

Imagine or a minute doing something like this:
Okafor, LAL pick, Sac Pick for Butler and Snell. Attach the Sac pick as a swap with Rose to a team like Memphis for maybe Allen or Randolph to make salaries work. Or Dallas for Chandler Parsons. Go after Al Horford/Ryan Anderson/Harrison Barnes.

2016 you got:
Aaron Brooks (resign)-Tony Allen-Harrison Barnes (FA)-Ryan Anderson (FA)-Jahlil Okafor.

Yea not the greatest, but you got tons of cap to work with in the coming years for FA's, you got your own pick, LAL pick, and a potential star in Okafor to work around. Keeps you competitive. Keeps with parts to make an upgrade elsewhere if you want to. Still leaves you Gibson, Porter, Mirotic to make move with or use as bench parts.

But what I think is most likely?

They keep Pau around. Maybe trade rose. Make a run at 2-3 mid level free agents. Trot out to start 2016:
Aaron Brooks - Jimmy Butler - Douggie McBuckets - Mirotic - Gasol.

Which is fine, but that team has no real future. That's a team that gets you a 5 seed and fights through the first round to lose in the second.

Saddletramp
04-08-2016, 08:12 PM

Lol, good one.

Chronz
04-08-2016, 09:02 PM
The Rockets have almost the exact same team as last year so I'm not sure what you mean by not as talented? Unless you're implying the Ty Lawson acquisition and temporary loss of Smith had a big impact.

To your unrelated question the year D'Antoni ran Kobe into the ground, playing him I believe 2nd or 3rd most minutes in the league, was one of his best seasons. Statistically he was a shade better than Harden that year, with a revolving door of players in and out of the lineup.

And Dwight was being a trooper just staying on the floor since he was recovering, albeit in a contract year. So I can't throw any shade on him for that season.

So, no. All the blame that season goes to D'Antoni for selling that the late 30's version of Nash, Kobe, Artest, and Pau was about to be the "new Showtime."

Same names but their availability was different. The reason many felt Houston overachieved last year was because they did so well in Dwights absence. The reason they overcame that last year was because they had a healthy D-Mo. That guy was basically their second option offensively and hes been a shell of himself when hes actually gotten to play. Same goes for his backup and the guy that was the best pairing alongside Dwight in TJ.

Resigning Smoove wouldn't have accomplished anything, the guy is done as a contributor to good teams. Thats basically their entire PF rotation that had a massive decline and they lost their identity from last year as a team that could run you ragged 10 deep.

If they overachieved last year then their expected record this year should have dropped abit anyways but the complete lack of chemistry really highlighted their decline. Moving forward, they are in a mad scramble for Durant. They do have a few advantages in that chase tho.

nastynice
04-08-2016, 10:07 PM

Well hey, I guess we all got our own opinions huh. I'm with the consensus that butler and harden are 1 and 2 in whichever order. But who knows, ur probably more familiar with wade than me, last I saw of him he played like absolute crap but I really haven't watched much heat this year

Saddletramp
04-08-2016, 11:52 PM
Same names but their availability was different. The reason many felt Houston overachieved last year was because they did so well in Dwights absence. The reason they overcame that last year was because they had a healthy D-Mo. That guy was basically their second option offensively and hes been a shell of himself when hes actually gotten to play. Same goes for his backup and the guy that was the best pairing alongside Dwight in TJ.

Resigning Smoove wouldn't have accomplished anything, the guy is done as a contributor to good teams. Thats basically their entire PF rotation that had a massive decline and they lost their identity from last year as a team that could run you ragged 10 deep.

If they overachieved last year then their expected record this year should have dropped abit anyways but the complete lack of chemistry really highlighted their decline. Moving forward, they are in a mad scramble for Durant. They do have a few advantages in that chase tho.

DMo was hurt for the last month or so last year and missed the playoffs. TJ has been great this year........for a game every once in awhile then he'll have 4 bad games. He hasn't even played the past month or so. Josh Smith can be effective but he just wants to clang wide open threes. Harrell looks good on occasion for a rookie but he's not ready yet. You're right, the PF spot is just awful this year. SVG really screwed the Rockets with his shenanigans. He shouldn't have been allowed to rescind that trade. And I was really wishing the Rockets would have traded TJ for literally anything as he's not staying next year if he can get $10+M per year next year.

Really hope the Rockets either get a stretch four that'll play well or just go small and see if Ariza can play more of the four. Problem there is it diminishes his defensive presence but even with him playing good defense, it hasn't mattered this year.

Dwight can still be the man occasionally but I'd rather the Rockets start Capella at his million or two a year than keep Dwight at $30M per year.

WaDe03
04-09-2016, 12:26 AM
Well hey, I guess we all got our own opinions huh. I'm with the consensus that butler and harden are 1 and 2 in whichever order. But who knows, ur probably more familiar with wade than me, last I saw of him he played like absolute crap but I really haven't watched much heat this year

Yea he's a lazy **** sometimes like the rest of our team. It'll more than likely cost us the 3rd seed. He gets up for big games though and in the playoffs I think he's going to play really well. Those guys will put up bigger numbers over the course of a season but Wade will usually win the head to head matchup. I'm also going with Wade for a playoff series regardless.

nastynice
04-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Yea he's a lazy **** sometimes like the rest of our team. It'll more than likely cost us the 3rd seed. He gets up for big games though and in the playoffs I think he's going to play really well. Those guys will put up bigger numbers over the course of a season but Wade will usually win the head to head matchup. I'm also going with Wade for a playoff series regardless.

I'd like to see what wade does these playoffs, especially since I expect Miami to make a run. It will carry a lot of weight on how these guys should be ranked

G_S_W
04-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Ho-ward and Hard-on still got dat money so dey be puttin' it down at da strip club in H-town baby. Kee' gettin' dem checks baby!

Sadds The Gr8
04-09-2016, 06:51 PM
I have more confidence in Morey than bulls FO.

effen5
04-09-2016, 06:51 PM
I guarantee you the Bulls will come back with the exact same roster and give it another go

DboneG
04-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Rockets: The problem is James Harden. The guy plays zero defense. He's a juggernaut on the offensive end. But, horrible on the other end. This is what got McHale fired. This is what Dwhite Howard is moaning about. Howard is not getting the touches, and Harden wants Howard to bail him out on D almost every play down the court. You have Patrick Beverley, Trevor Ariza, and Dwight Howard all good to great defenders. So, what's the problem? HARDEN. If he don't play defense...they will be where they are. Howard let it be known...I'm not going to be Omer Asik!! Running around setting picks, playing defense, and grabbing rebounds.

Bulls: Pau Gasol has got to be one of the worse defenders out there. Just watch him, and only him, and you will see for yourself. Then add...Mike Dunleavy, Doug McDermott, Nikola Mirotic, Tony Snell...ALL HORRIBLE DEFENDERS! Derrick Rose...is a so-so defender. He's not right, he's trying to make it thru this season rest and get ready for next year. A year will do him good. You will see a new Bulls team next year for sure! Don't know if Joakim Noah even wants to stay after they disrespected him like they did. I think he would love to finish his career as a Bull. Jimmy Butler may get traded during the summer...another respect thing. Jimmy has voiced displeasure a few times against Hoiberg coaching style. So, HE GONE. Can D-Rose and Jimmy Butler co-exist? Two Alpha males...two male lions. There's only one lion ruling/leading the pack. It's rare...very rare that you get two male lions ruling/leading the pack together. Because, what do you do when it's time to eat, or mating season. That's why there's one leader in any structure. D-Rose or Butler or both will be gone this summer.

basketballkitty
04-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Rockets:

Bulls: Pau Gasol has got to be one of the worse defenders out there. Just watch him, and only him, and you will see for yourself. Then add...Mike Dunleavy, Doug McDermott, Nikola Mirotic, Tony Snell...ALL HORRIBLE DEFENDERS! Derrick Rose...is a so-so defender. He's not right, he's trying to make it thru this season rest and get ready for next year. A year will do him good. You will see a new Bulls team next year for sure! Don't know if Joakim Noah even wants to stay after they disrespected him like they did. I think he would love to finish his career as a Bull. Jimmy Butler may get traded during the summer...another respect thing. Jimmy has voiced displeasure a few times against Hoiberg coaching style. So, HE GONE. Can D-Rose and Jimmy Butler co-exist? Two Alpha males...two male lions. There's only one lion ruling/leading the pack. It's rare...very rare that you get two male lions ruling/leading the pack together. Because, what do you do when it's time to eat, or mating season. That's why there's one leader in any structure. D-Rose or Butler or both will be gone this summer.

If all those players are so bad defensively....as you claim. Then why are the Bulls one of the best overall defensive teams in the league ????

DboneG
04-10-2016, 11:03 AM
If all those players are so bad defensively....as you claim. Then why are the Bulls one of the best overall defensive teams in the league ????

The Bulls defense is in the middle of the pack...below the NBA league average. It's not what you want trying to make the playoffs, or trying to become an elite team in the league. Top 5, or Top 10 is where you are trying to be.

basketballkitty
04-10-2016, 12:02 PM
The Bulls defense is in the middle of the pack...below the NBA league average. It's not what you want trying to make the playoffs, or trying to become an elite team in the league. Top 5, or Top 10 is where you are trying to be.

You are looking at Pts per game allowed. That is not a true measure of a team and their Defense. Try looking at what Chicago's Opponent FG % is...THAT is the true measure when it comes to evaluating any real Defense.

DboneG
04-10-2016, 02:53 PM
You are looking at Pts per game allowed. That is not a true measure of a team and their Defense. Try looking at what Chicago's Opponent FG % is...THAT is the true measure when it comes to evaluating any real Defense.

True, but, that can be misleading...They are holding Opponents at a low FG %, but, look at the amount of free throws they give up as a team. Which means: they are fouling guys and sending them to the line.
Bottom line: The Bulls defense as a team is bad. Thibs is greatly missed here. The individuals, Mike Dunleavy, Doug McDermott, Nikola Mirotic, Tony Snell all are bad defenders. You put any combination of these guys on the floor, with Pau "The Matador" Gasol...SPELLS DISASTER!

mngopher35
04-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Look at the Bulls team defensive rating to get a good judge of where they are on that end this season. Currently ranked 15th which is middle of the pack, no longer elite but not bad either.

effen5
04-10-2016, 03:50 PM
While stats might support your theory that the Bulls are a good defensive team, if you watched this team from January on...they are atrocious on defense....they had like a streak of 15+ games where they gave up 100 points game and countless other games where they gave up 60+ in a half. They are ****ing terrible.

mngopher35
04-10-2016, 04:20 PM
While stats might support your theory that the Bulls are a good defensive team, if you watched this team from January on...they are atrocious on defense....they had like a streak of 15+ games where they gave up 100 points game and countless other games where they gave up 60+ in a half. They are ****ing terrible.

To be fair though wasn't a good part of that stretch when they didn't have Butler (honestly don't know, just guessing)? I haven't watched nearly as many games as Bulls fans but usually when I do they have Butler and the overall defense seems about average to me like the stats indicate. Also the pace seems faster in Hoibergs offense than it was under Thibs so obviously more 100 point games will occur.

To me they seem average overall but without Butler I can definitely see them being bad.

DR_1
04-10-2016, 04:41 PM

Individually, of course they are IMO. Wade simply has the benefit of being part of a much-better run organization.

effen5
04-10-2016, 07:15 PM
To be fair though wasn't a good part of that stretch when they didn't have Butler (honestly don't know, just guessing)? I haven't watched nearly as many games as Bulls fans but usually when I do they have Butler and the overall defense seems about average to me like the stats indicate. Also the pace seems faster in Hoibergs offense than it was under Thibs so obviously more 100 point games will occur.

To me they seem average overall but without Butler I can definitely see them being bad.

For me personally I don't give a **** if Butler is out there or not...it's not like he was having that great of a season. The lack of effort was the main issue. I've seen this team play defense without talent in the past and beat great teams with injuries under thibs so watching a season like this is extremely alarming.

JordansBulls
04-10-2016, 11:33 PM
Bulls just need a JVG to coach them and they will be alright barring they keep same squad.

BIG worm
04-10-2016, 11:51 PM
Bulls just need a JVG to coach them and they will be alright barring they keep same squad.

I hope to god they don't have the same squad!

cjhcyj
04-11-2016, 10:43 AM
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gif http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/16.gif

Shammyguy3
04-11-2016, 10:50 AM

yuck to both ideas in this post

I'd say the bulls are in a pretty bad position - Hoiberg still has 4 years and hasn't shown to be a leader in the locker room. McDermott/Mirotic seem to be rotation players only, and Tony Snell is a borderline D-League player. This roster needs a serious revamp, not just through free agency either but through the draft and hopefully a couple of trades.

ewing
04-11-2016, 01:19 PM
If i were to start somewhere i would start with Harden. So i think the Rockets are in a better spot. they are comparable teams though so who rebounds faster is kind of up in the air to me

Scoots
04-11-2016, 06:19 PM
It's amazing how bad the current crop of SGs are. Yeah, they are not all "bad" ... but the current group is weak overall.

The general consensus top 3 of Harden, Butler, Thompson all had worse years in one way or another, and the next tier down didn't do enough to overcome them.

The Rockets appear to be all in with Harden so there is going to be a big overhaul there is my guess.

The Bulls sound from rumors like they are going to double down on Rose and maybe move Butler which might be telling as far as Butler's behavior off the court and is not a good sign for the immediate future.

The offseason will be interesting for both teams for sure.

jimm120
04-11-2016, 06:57 PM
As for the Bulls, they should have never fired Thibs. He would still have them in the playoffs and probably seeded between 4-6. I guess that franchise is seeing just how important he was as a coach.

This. Thibs kept getting them into the playoffs AND a top seed and he had a ton of injuries. They done effed up. Now, they're faced with having to do a complete rebuild just to save face...just so they don't have to fire Hoiberg and admit they were wrong.

effen5
04-12-2016, 12:12 PM
This. Thibs kept getting them into the playoffs AND a top seed and he had a ton of injuries. They done effed up. Now, they're faced with having to do a complete rebuild just to save face...just so they don't have to fire Hoiberg and admit they were wrong.

Everybody in Chicago knows the FO ****ed up big time...they won't rebuild in time for at least Gar to get fired. They both need to go though I ****ing hate Garpax.

PhillyFaninLA
04-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Chicago get rid of Rose if anyone will take him, or get rid of Noah....those two can't play together, when Rose has been injured Noah has excelled.

Houston and Knicks have the same problem and won't truly become good until they get rid of there me first offensive players.

sixer04fan
04-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Wizards were almost equally disappointing this year. Can't believe Bulls and Wiz missed the playoffs

ghettosean
04-13-2016, 10:14 AM

I thought you were dead??? LOL

Stinkyoutsider
04-13-2016, 11:00 AM
I wish my Bulls had the better outlook but I believe the Rockets are looking like the better choice.

Pau already has one foot out the door. He's not going to play on a team who's on shaky ground when it comes to competing for a title. I question whether Noah will leave just because his injury may cost him in free agency a little. Teams might not see Noah's true value (heartbeat of our team) but if I was him, I would look for a more stable situation too. Then, there's Derrick. Has little or no value on the trade market and sells a lot of tickets for the Bulls so I think he stays another year. So, any re-tool will have to start with trying to replace Noah and Gasol...

Rockets might need to replace Howard but I think that Capella kid is a very good player and can give the same production defensively that Howard brings. And, since Howard doesn't get quite that many scoring opportunities in the post anymore, Capella becomes an even more logical replacement (much cheaper). If Houston can get their hands on a prime time player like Durant, then the re-tool is complete. They just need to get a little lucky in free agency.

dfdyin
04-13-2016, 11:29 AM
Both have underachieved this season. The Bulls have had a plethora of legit injuries but still no excuse to miss the playoffs in the east.http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/19.gif http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gif