PDA

View Full Version : Best landing spots for Butler?

mrblisterdundee
04-07-2016, 05:56 PM
If it's true Chicago is interested in shopping Jimmy Butler this summer (http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/03/31/rumor-bulls-interested-in-shopping-jimmy-butler-this-summer/), he'll be the third-best player available, after Kevin Durant and LeBron James.
Which teams would he fit best with, and who can offer the best packages?

mrblisterdundee
04-07-2016, 06:04 PM
First off, I think the Bulls would have to be crazy not to want to keep Butler. Trading away the older players, including Rose, and rebuilding around guys like Butler, Bobby Portis and the young wings should be the goal for the Bulls right now.
But if Orlando and Boston are reportedly interested, I think Minnesota should be as well. Karl-Anthony Towns is looking like Anthony Davis 2.0, but with fewer injuries — like a guy who can win now with the right supporting cast. And Butler is a guy worth giving Andrew Wiggins up for.
What about a general package of Jimmy Butler for Wiggins, Nikola Pekovic and a good pick, with other picks and role players to further balance the deal? I almost feel like Minnesota should give up a good pick, considering they're getting a top-two shooting guard and unloading Pekovic's contract. At the same time, Wiggins is probably one of the best returns the Bulls can hope for if they're willing to trade Butler.

effen5
04-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Bulls front office sucks at making trades

warfelg
04-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Now that BC/JC are at the helm I fully expect the Sixers to be 100% in in this.

Heediot
04-07-2016, 06:37 PM
First off, I think the Bulls would have to be crazy not to want to keep Butler. Trading away the older players, including Rose, and rebuilding around guys like Butler, Bobby Portis and the young wings should be the goal for the Bulls right now.
But if Orlando and Boston are reportedly interested, I think Minnesota should be as well. Karl-Anthony Towns is looking like Anthony Davis 2.0, but with fewer injuries — like a guy who can win now with the right supporting cast. And Butler is a guy worth giving Andrew Wiggins up for.
What about a general package of Jimmy Butler for Wiggins, Nikola Pekovic and a good pick, with other picks and role players to further balance the deal? I almost feel like Minnesota should give up a good pick, considering they're getting a top-two shooting guard and unloading Pekovic's contract. At the same time, Wiggins is probably one of the best returns the Bulls can hope for if they're willing to trade Butler.

I don't think the Wolves would trade Wiggins for Butler. But throw in Pekovic and they have to think hard about it. I don't think they would give up a high pick in addition though. Maybe a lottery protected pick.

mrblisterdundee
04-07-2016, 06:57 PM
I don't think the Wolves would trade Wiggins for Butler. But throw in Pekovic and they have to think hard about it. I don't think they would give up a high pick in addition though. Maybe a lottery protected pick.

If the Bulls are willing to take on Pekovic, I think Minnesota should be willing to give up a pick. It's not like they lack for young talent.

Heediot
04-07-2016, 07:02 PM
If the Bulls are willing to take on Pekovic, I think Minnesota should be willing to give up a pick. It's not like they lack for young talent.

Makes sense. If they can sign a starting PF then all they need is time to grow and gel. Maybe swap firsts and throw Chi the 2nd rounder as well.

mngopher35
04-07-2016, 07:07 PM
I am not a big fan of trying to turn our young assets into better players at the moment but possibly not 5 years from now. Our young core is similar age and they seem to have good chemistry between them, I'd like to see them grow together. The only way I would want to make a trade like this trade for Butler would be if for some reason Durant wanted to join the team (which I just can't see).

JasonJohnHorn
04-07-2016, 07:09 PM
I think a trampoline is a great landing spot. But if he is in an air craft, a helipad might be ideal.

mrblisterdundee
04-07-2016, 07:10 PM

Butler would be wasting his time with the Sixers. At least one of their big guys need to prove they're a star before that team is anything more than a project.

warfelg
04-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Butler would be wasting his time with the Sixers. At least one of their big guys need to prove they're a star before that team is anything more than a project.

Or he's the star that helps a big develop. This is what the process has been about. A star is available and we have the assets to get him.

phantasyyy
04-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Seeing as how Pek has been injured all year/last year and is on the hook for 12m... there is no possible scenario that the bulls would entertain the pek + pick for Butler..Especially when the already have the inside track to resign Gasol who is worlds better than Pek..

Not to mention from what I've read the bulls are looking to play faster next year and Pek would be the opposite of that if he even makes it to the court.

Back to the thread though, I'd love to see Butler on the Celtics.. have them finally consolidate their assets. A package revolving around the Nets pick + Bradley & fillers(say Amir or Olynyk) I think would be enticing enough to snag him away from them. Unless Chicago is asking for Crowder along with Bradley and the pick than I decline a trade for them.

Then again with Butlers two-way prowess any team would be lucky and appreciative to pick up someone of his caliber.

I'm guessing the Rose/Butler/Hoiberg experiment isn't going to last til next year.

MonroeFAN
04-07-2016, 07:33 PM
I would be ecstatic if SVG pulled something off, but I doubt we have what it takes.

Stunner
04-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Bulls aren't bringing back Gasol or Noah , def not taking pek back if he's not coming along with something good

phantasyyy
04-07-2016, 07:49 PM
I would be ecstatic if SVG pulled something off, but I doubt we have what it takes.

Yeah they'd probably ask for Drummond in return lmao.

Or maybe Johnson + Harris + fillers

theducksmuggler
04-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Okafor+Nik Stauskus+Carl Landry+Miami Pick+Okc pick? Would that get it done? Now that my man Sam Hinkie got shafted i think the Colangelos end up trading for atleast one Star/All-Star player and sign atleast one max if not 2 but i really have no idea what is about to happen :( I was really looking forward to seeing what Hinkie was gonna do this summer

5ass
04-07-2016, 08:26 PM
The Magic are a good spot for him. He can still be the #1 option, and fits in their athletic+versatile core. Could have something special defensively if you sign a center who can defend. He wouldn't have to be the guy trying to run an offense, score and shut down the opposing team's best player. Plus he can play for hard *** coach in Skiles, which he actually seems to prefer.

phantasyyy
04-07-2016, 08:35 PM
The Magic are a good spot for him. He can still be the #1 option, and fits in their athletic+versatile core. Could have something special defensively if you sign a center who can defend. He wouldn't have to be the guy trying to run an offense, score and shut down the opposing team's best player. Plus he can play for hard *** coach in Skiles, which he actually seems to prefer.

What pieces would you give up though?

I mean a package would almost certainly revolve around Vuc and maybe even Dipo

warfelg
04-07-2016, 09:05 PM
If they want to go high pace, we could still offer Cov/Grant (one or the other), Noel/Saric (one or the other), LAL pick, Sac pick. How many teams could offer a package with 2 potentially high lotto picks, a DPOY candidate, and a 3 baller or human wrecking ball.

Still leaves us our own pick for Ingram/Simmons, OKC pick/Miami pick to move in the draft, Okafor, Embiid, Staus, and cap space for 2 more max players

mrblisterdundee
04-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Seeing as how Pek has been injured all year/last year and is on the hook for 12m... there is no possible scenario that the bulls would entertain the pek + pick for Butler..Especially when the already have the inside track to resign Gasol who is worlds better than Pek..

Not to mention from what I've read the bulls are looking to play faster next year and Pek would be the opposite of that if he even makes it to the court.

Back to the thread though, I'd love to see Butler on the Celtics.. have them finally consolidate their assets. A package revolving around the Nets pick + Bradley & fillers(say Amir or Olynyk) I think would be enticing enough to snag him away from them. Unless Chicago is asking for Crowder along with Bradley and the pick than I decline a trade for them.

Then again with Butlers two-way prowess any team would be lucky and appreciative to pick up someone of his caliber.

I'm guessing the Rose/Butler/Hoiberg experiment isn't going to last til next year.

Did you forget the part about Wiggins?

mrblisterdundee
04-07-2016, 09:19 PM

Any package from Orlando would start with Oladipo.

5ass
04-07-2016, 09:46 PM

It depends what other teams are willing to give up, but I'd try to keep Gordon and Victor. Vucevic, Mario, Payton and the 11th pick would be n the table, hoping they'd pick three of those but I'm not going to cry about losing the 11th pick or Vucevic. Would rather give up Fournier than Hezonja, but he's a FA. I like Mario and Payton a lot and I wouldn't want to lose both but what are you going to do.. Butler takes away some of Mario's minutes and takes the ball away from Payton. Personally I wouldn't move Oladipo. I think he'll be a two way star along side Butler, and the guy who I think will make the biggest impact next year among all our current players. He'll be 24 so you don't leave Butler playing with kids. I think Butler will help Gordon realise more of his immense potential at the PF position, and also become a two way player. Both Gordon and Oladipo came in as defensive players with incredible work ethic. Butler was in the same position. So I would really hope both can help turn them into great two way players. Butler is definitely the type of guy Hennigan would go after and fits the culture he's trying to build.

Oladipo
Fournier
Butler
Gordon
FA (Dwight/Whiteside/Horford/Noah)

Maybe sign both Horford and Noah and start them with Fournier off the bench.

5ass
04-07-2016, 09:48 PM
JMO and I've always been a big fan of jimmy.

tm95835
04-07-2016, 10:26 PM

You're crazy if you think the Wolves would give up Wiggins, he's 5 years younger than Butler, will be entering his prime at the same time as KAT and LaVine if they can keep them all together and they all get along great. Wiggins is only 21 years old and is already putting up 20 a game and playing impressive defence, when he's 25 I'm willing to bet he will be better than Butler is now.

basketballkitty
04-07-2016, 10:29 PM
JMO and I've always been a big fan of jimmy.

Me too!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpdw0ouogQo

Dade County
04-07-2016, 11:12 PM
I would like to see Butler in Portland, Grizz or on the Pacers.

Teams that I think that will try to trade for him:

Boston, Orlando, 6ers & N.O.

BallDontLie
04-08-2016, 09:22 AM

i expected to be in on this regardless. I really wanna see a lineup of Shroeder/Butler/Ingram next year and whoever we keep between Okafor and Noel

BallDontLie
04-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Okafor+Nik Stauskus+Carl Landry+Miami Pick+Okc pick? Would that get it done? Now that my man Sam Hinkie got shafted i think the Colangelos end up trading for atleast one Star/All-Star player and sign atleast one max if not 2 but i really have no idea what is about to happen :( I was really looking forward to seeing what Hinkie was gonna do this summer

we would have to start with the LAL pick i think.

warfelg
04-08-2016, 10:10 AM
i expected to be in on this regardless. I really wanna see a lineup of Shroeder/Butler/Ingram next year and whoever we keep between Okafor and Noel

I actually really like that core.

"Small ball" it with Schroder, Staus, Butler, Ingram, Saric

5ass
04-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Me too!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpdw0ouogQo

Yes him too. Love the blues album, you should download it if you haven't already. Its been a while since I've listened to him, but the man was special.

Anyway back to the thread. The magic can technically trade Payton, Mario, Vucevic, Watson, and 3 1st round picks for Butler. Then sign Horford and convince Durant to join them.

Oladipo
Butler
Durant
Gordon
Horford

They would still have enough money to sign at least one max FA, and then they can go over the cap and sign Fournier. Unless I've miscalculated, its technically possible lol.

Jarvo
04-08-2016, 05:56 PM
I would LOVE to see him in Boston or Orlando but Orlando shouldn't breakup that young squad yet.

Shammyguy3
04-08-2016, 06:26 PM
the best landing spot is to the team that gives the Bulls the greatest package :D

mrblisterdundee
04-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Yes him too. Love the blues album, you should download it if you haven't already. Its been a while since I've listened to him, but the man was special.

Anyway back to the thread. The magic can technically trade Payton, Mario, Vucevic, Watson, and 3 1st round picks for Butler. Then sign Horford and convince Durant to join them.

Oladipo
Butler
Durant
Gordon
Horford

They would still have enough money to sign at least one max FA, and then they can go over the cap and sign Fournier. Unless I've miscalculated, its technically possible lol.

There is no Butler deal for Orlando that does not include Oladipo.

Chronz
04-08-2016, 08:49 PM
With the Clippers, Blake for Butler+Miro+Taj

warfelg
04-08-2016, 09:07 PM
There is no Butler deal for Orlando that does not include Oladipo.

I don't see how Chi would accept a trade without one of Dipo/Gordon, Vuc/Mario, 1st round pick. Then again the downside is that just makes the Bulls an older Magic clone and the Magic a younger Bulls clone.

I always laugh when fans propose a trade and add "but our best assets are off limits." I feel like that old lady from the commercial "But that's not how any of this works!!!"

Shammyguy3
04-08-2016, 09:33 PM

This is something I would gladly do as a Bulls fan, and would imagine the FO consider as well. I think the Clippers get the rough end of the stick though honestly :shrug:

5ass
04-08-2016, 10:17 PM
I don't see how Chi would accept a trade without one of Dipo/Gordon, Vuc/Mario, 1st round pick. Then again the downside is that just makes the Bulls an older Magic clone and the Magic a younger Bulls clone.

I always laugh when fans propose a trade and add "but our best assets are off limits." I feel like that old lady from the commercial "But that's not how any of this works!!!"

Well that's just my opinion, but I'd be fine with passing on Butler if they're asking way too much. I'm happy to see what becomes of this core.

joedaheights
04-08-2016, 10:20 PM

Why? I'm a Bulls fan and he's a 90s style iso guard who doesn't have elite quickness to break down defenders, doesn't have a left hand dribble, and can't keep himself together like he needs to to finish at the basket with dunks and easy layups. He's also not a great shooter.

Stunner
04-09-2016, 04:37 PM

I would do this

Wade n Fade
04-10-2016, 01:30 AM
I like Washington. They can trade Beal in a package for Butler.

Stunner
04-10-2016, 02:40 AM
I like Washington. They can trade Beal in a package for Butler.

Don't want any part of beal and his weekly injuries

Heediot
04-10-2016, 09:32 AM
This is something I would gladly do as a Bulls fan, and would imagine the FO consider as well. I think the Clippers get the rough end of the stick though honestly :shrug:

A little bit. But the Clippers fared pretty good without Blake. Adding Butler and two serviceable pf's to that team could be argued to be a positive move chemistry wise. Defense becomes the calling card for the Clips after this trade. Offense is solid enough too.

Wade n Fade
04-10-2016, 01:18 PM

Well, Beal is a suitable replacement at the 2. He would give Chicago an explosive player.

basketballkitty
04-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Well, Beal is a suitable replacement at the 2. He would give Chicago an explosive player.

If the Bulls, or any other team wanted to take a chance on the walking cripple that IS Bradley Beal...why would they trade for him when they can outright just sign him this summer ? I mean it's pretty clear that Washington does not want him, and want all that Cap space for Durant ? I mean they're not going to match any sort of a Super High offer that he may get this summer. So no team is gonna agree to offer up a valuable asset in a sign & trade for Beal.

DaBear
04-10-2016, 01:55 PM
I don't trust this FO to pull off a trade.

effen5
04-10-2016, 03:53 PM

Agreed we got Derrick rose for that

naps
04-11-2016, 06:29 AM

Really? I mean Clips did pretty well without him but I happen to think they stand no chance without him in the playoffs. Superstar players matter a HELL LOT more in the postseason. And even if you were to trade him I think Clips could get a better deal than this.

On another note, Beal is Eric Gordon 2.0

mjqusoldier
04-11-2016, 07:49 AM
The Knicks. Melo for Butler straight up

BIG worm
04-11-2016, 10:26 AM
The Knicks. Melo for Butler straight up
No interest in turning the Bulls into the Midwest version of the Knicks.

BKLYNpigeon
04-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Harrison Barnes, Festis Ezili and 1st round pick.

Harrison Barnes:

Can reunite with his HS Coach, Hoiberg and teammate McDermott.
Barnes is still just 23 years old! One year older then Buddy Hield, lol.

Festis Ezili:

Centers Gasol and Jokim are leaving.

smith&wesson
04-11-2016, 10:57 AM
He would fit in well with Toronto. No I idea what they could offer though.

mavwar53
04-11-2016, 11:44 AM

Harrison Barnes:

Festis Ezili:

Hurts the Warriors more than helps. A big key for the dubs is their ability to play Barnes at PF because he can hold his own defensively, butler could not work playing that PF spot.

BKLYNpigeon
04-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Hurts the Warriors more than helps. A big key for the dubs is their ability to play Barnes at PF because he can hold his own defensively, butler could not work playing that PF spot.

Ehh.. we played pretty well without Barnes injured mid season.

I like Barnes, but I dont like him at 24 million dollars a year. You can get Marvin Williams for half that salary, lol.

Vincent
04-11-2016, 01:54 PM

Harrison Barnes:

Festis Ezili:

Isn't there an issue with sign and trades involving two players that are free agents (Barnes/Ezili)?

mngopher35
04-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Whether or not that makes sense for the warriors it doesn't make much sense for the Bulls. I highly doubt they wanna trade a high level players for more expensive lesser pieces. Aren't both of them headed to free agency anyways?

Stunner
04-11-2016, 03:26 PM

Not suitable if he hardly plays

BKLYNpigeon
04-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Whether or not that makes sense for the warriors it doesn't make much sense for the Bulls. I highly doubt they wanna trade a high level players for more expensive lesser pieces. Aren't both of them headed to free agency anyways?

Theyre both restricted free agents.

72 Wins
04-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Boston and Chicago would benefit both teams. I'll take their top draft pick this year and Avery for Butler. This lineup could put the Celtics in prime position to contend for the east.

mngopher35
04-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Theyre both restricted free agents.

Wouldn't that mean you can't trade them together then?

bostncelts34
04-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Boston and Chicago would benefit both teams. I'll take their top draft pick this year and Avery for Butler. This lineup could put the Celtics in prime position to contend for the east.

Agreed. The Celtics have a lot to offer in terms of picks/players as well as the cap room to give Butler the $$.

Butler would be a HUGE piece for the Celtics IMO and give them the wing scorer they really need.

Stunner
04-11-2016, 07:35 PM
I wanna do a deal with Butler / Dunleavy and our 1st this year for Booker / Warren / Chandler and their 1st this year

IKnowHoops
04-12-2016, 06:04 AM
If I'm the wolves I don't trade Wiggins for Butler. I think Wiggins is better than Butler has ever been after 2 more seasons. Plus the wolves need not rush anything. They are better off keeping the young squad together and not making the same mistakes as OKC. Wolves are a 2016 nba draft miracle away from winning a ring with there core in 4-5 years.

warfelg
04-12-2016, 07:02 AM
If I'm the wolves I don't trade Wiggins for Butler. I think Wiggins is better than Butler has ever been after 2 more seasons. Plus the wolves need not rush anything. They are better off keeping the young squad together and not making the same mistakes as OKC. Wolves are a 2016 nba draft miracle away from winning a ring with there core in 4-5 years.

More like not make the same mistakes as Milwaukee. They should draft well, add solid role playing vets to complement KAT, Wiggs, and LaVine. Don't go out and try to add a max star who doesn't fit what you need.

Getting a floor running C and a 3nD SF would really help push that team forward.

ewing
04-12-2016, 08:23 AM
More like not make the same mistakes as Milwaukee. They should draft well, add solid role playing vets to complement KAT, Wiggs, and LaVine. Don't go out and try to add a max star who doesn't fit what you need.

Getting a floor running C and a 3nD SF would really help push that team forward.

I really feel bad for the Buck. Larry Sanders is the guy that team needs. I mean they could use some shooting to but Sanders really set them back

Mave1002
04-12-2016, 11:37 PM
The Lakers. A fresh start. Randle/Clarkson/Williams/#32 for Jimmy Butler.

I'd be willing to part ways with our youngsters (except for Russ/LNJ), if:

1.) we do end up with a top 3,
2.) a legit center and;
3.) another bonafide star.

If we could afford a Butler/Whiteside/Barnes trio plus 2nd tier players like Crabbe/Ezeli then were good to go next year.

Whiteside-Ezeli
???-LNJ
Barnes-Brown
Butler-Crabbe
*Russell-Huertas

Should Russell be included in a package for Butler though, I'll take a look at Mike Conley.

Shammyguy3
04-13-2016, 12:07 AM
The Bulls wouldn't make that trade above with the Lakers. They don't get a high-end lottery pick, or a high value young guy. If you can't part with Russell then you don't get one of the best two-way guys in the game locked into a great contract.

I think, if traded, he ends up in Orlando or Boston pending what the Bulls prefer (more picks, or a player like Oladipo)

Lo Porto
04-13-2016, 08:23 AM

I could see Boston trading the pick (if top 2) to Utah for Gordon Hayward. He fits the roster and Stevens perfectly. Utah of course selects Ingram or Simmons.

BallDontLie
04-13-2016, 08:51 AM
The Lakers. A fresh start. Randle/Clarkson/Williams/#32 for Jimmy Butler.

I'd be willing to part ways with our youngsters (except for Russ/LNJ), if:

1.) we do end up with a top 3,
2.) a legit center and;
3.) another bonafide star.

If we could afford a Butler/Whiteside/Barnes trio plus 2nd tier players like Crabbe/Ezeli then were good to go next year.

Whiteside-Ezeli
???-LNJ
Barnes-Brown
Butler-Crabbe
*Russell-Huertas

Should Russell be included in a package for Butler though, I'll take a look at Mike Conley.

ahhaah youre not serious? why do lakers fans stil think they can rape teams?

72 Wins
04-13-2016, 09:02 AM
^ what do you mean? Butler via trade and everyone else is either unrestricted or restricted FA.

dfdyin
04-13-2016, 11:28 AM
I would be ecstatic if SVG pulled something off, but I doubt we have what it takes.http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/19.gif http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gif

PhillyFaninLA
04-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Russel for Butler, if the Bulls are stupid enough to ignore the locker room cancer Russel is right now, it might be an interesting starting point for a deal

BallDontLie
04-13-2016, 12:44 PM
even if Russ didnt pull of this BS hes not even near worth Butler straight up.

PhillyFaninLA
04-13-2016, 04:42 PM
even if Russ didnt pull of this BS hes not even near worth Butler straight up.

Did you read the words starting point in what I said...I clearly said starting point and not straight up

Vincent
04-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Did you read the words starting point in what I said...I clearly said starting point and not straight up

If I'm the Bulls, I would definitely listen. Russell has a game that really translates into the direction the NBA is going towards.

DR_1
04-14-2016, 11:19 AM
Boston would be the best fit. They have no alpha dog who can take over in crunch time and have a bevy of assets they can give up without compromising their current core. Plus Stevens would be able to make great use of Butler.

basketballkitty
04-14-2016, 11:40 AM
Boston did try to get him. But they refused to part with Crowder in a deal. They Instead offered up 2, 1st rounders...The one from Brooklyn, and Dallas ( Mid rounder at best )..and at the time the Brooklyn pick could have been anywhere from 5th to 8th overall. As for players added going to the Bulls...none were mentioned...just not Crowder. Boston probably offered David Lee's ending deal to make the contracts match. And if that is it...I would have hung up on Ainge too.

torontosports10
04-14-2016, 12:13 PM
I personally think he would look good in Minnesota.

Stunner
04-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Come on
Clippers lets get this Butler for Blake deal

Done

Stunner
04-15-2016, 07:38 PM
Thibs gets Minny job

Lavine , Dieng , Muhammad , Pek , 2018 unprotected 1st for Butler , Snell , Bairstow

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Draft pick ? Or Free Agent
Towns

kobe4thewinbang
04-15-2016, 11:16 PM
Thibs gets Minny job

Lavine , Dieng , Muhammad , Pek , 2018 unprotected 1st for Butler , Snell , Bairstow

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Draft pick ? Or Free Agent
TownsHorrible trade for Timberwolves. Lavine, Dieng, Shabazz, Pekovic and a pick for Jimmy f'ing Butler?

Stunner
04-15-2016, 11:45 PM
Horrible trade for Timberwolves. Lavine, Dieng, Shabazz, Pekovic and a pick for Jimmy f'ing Butler?
I mean Jimmy is a top 15 player in the league and if they got Thibs him and butler have a great relationship and he would play hard for him . Wiggins and Butler on the wing with Towns protecting the paint would be nasty . Not to mention they get from under Peks terrible contract

The pick could be protected tho for the following year but I don't see a Thibs led team missing the playoffs

Raps08-09 Champ
04-16-2016, 12:01 AM
Terrence Ross, NYK/DEN 2016 pick, TOR 2016 pick and Norman Powell.

ChitownbullsBG7
04-16-2016, 12:58 AM
Terrence Ross, NYK/DEN 2016 pick, TOR 2016 pick and Norman Powell.

Lol

Scoots
04-16-2016, 01:22 PM
I wonder about Butler's fall off and his apparent issues with coaches not named Thibs.

Also a bit of a reach to assume Thibs is going to be hired in Minny, but he'd be a great hire.

Tg11
04-17-2016, 03:06 PM
Butler will either go to the Magic or Celtics...one of those 2 teams for sure will get Butler

basketballkitty
04-17-2016, 03:12 PM
Butler will either go to the Magic or Celtics...one of those 2 teams for sure will get Butler

Won't go to Boston cause they don't have what Chicago wants. Yes they have SG Crowder, and what will be a likely top-5 pick. But they said no to dealing Crowder in any Butler trade. Philly will be there as well to look into Butler...and they have the best player that they could offer the Bulls...and that's Okafor.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 03:16 PM
I just don't see how Butler is worth what some people are saying they would offer for him. He's one of the best players it his position, but it's a weak position in the NBA right now and Butler is not a superstar.

basketballkitty
04-17-2016, 03:19 PM
I just don't see how Butler is worth what some people are saying they would offer for him. He's one of the best players it his position, but it's a weak position in the NBA right now and Butler is not a superstar.

Super star ?..No. But he is a great 2-way player who is young and Athletic. Besides, what have you seen here what has been offered for him that is too much ?

Tg11
04-17-2016, 03:28 PM
Lakers could get Butler I mean they are another team that could benefit from getting him or how about the Milwaukee Bucks?

Scoots
04-17-2016, 03:35 PM
Super star ?..No. But he is a great 2-way player who is young and Athletic. Besides, what have you seen here what has been offered for him that is too much ?

Celtics fans offering 4 first round picks and Marcus Smart. TWolves offering a 1st and all of their young talent not named Towns.

That added to his conflict with his coach/team this year and his leg issues this year make those some big deals to make for him.

basketballkitty
04-17-2016, 03:40 PM
Celtics fans offering 4 first round picks and Marcus Smart. TWolves offering a 1st and all of their young talent not named Towns.

That added to his conflict with his coach/team this year and his leg issues this year make those some big deals to make for him.

Never seen those here. If they are, then please re-post. And besides their own and the Brdooklyn 1st...none of the Celtic 1st rounders are guaranteed. They could easily be 2nd rounders. And Smart ?...he carries no value at all.

Tg11
04-17-2016, 03:43 PM
Butler on the Brooklyn Nets...I mean it could happen

Scoots
04-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Never seen those here. If they are, then please re-post. And besides their own and the Brdooklyn 1st...none of the Celtic 1st rounders are guaranteed. They could easily be 2nd rounders. And Smart ?...he carries no value at all.

I didn't say all the first rounders were this year. Smart has some value.

basketballkitty
04-17-2016, 06:10 PM
I didn't say all the first rounders were this year. Smart has some value.

Not for the Bulls with a PG in Rose there.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 06:25 PM
Not for the Bulls with a PG in Rose there.

He'd be an "asset" :) And Rose could use an upgrade at backup PG and Smart is better than Brooks.

basketballkitty
04-17-2016, 08:07 PM
He'd be an "asset" :) And Rose could use an upgrade at backup PG and Smart is better than Brooks.

Yeah Smart can play Defense when he wants, but he is just so darn insistent on hoisting up shots, and he absolutely S U C K S at it!!

Smart needs to heed the advice of a GREAT GREAT man who once said......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

naps
04-17-2016, 09:23 PM
We have heard enough information about Jimmy Butler over the past year or so to safely conclude he is not the most well-liked player in the Chicago Bulls’ locker room. And from the sound of it, he doesn’t really care.

On Saturday, Bulls.com reporter Sam Smith told Jason McIntyre on FOX Sports Radio that Butler has a “colossal ego” and isolates himself from his teammates.

“He’s really kind of full of himself,” Smith said. “He hangs around with Mark Wahlberg, the actor, and lets us know about that a lot. He goes around to premiers or whatever. He announced before the season that he’s the leader of the team and guys are looking around going, ‘What are you talking about?’

“It’s a really weird dynamic. He doesn’t like to socialize with the other players. Back in November they had a team bonding thing. They all chartered a bus and went up to wine country for the day. The only one who didn’t go was Jimmy.”

This isn’t exactly earth-shattering information, but it certainly sheds more light on Butler’s shortcomings with regard to being a leader. Multiple reports during the season indicated that Butler’s relationship with his teammates is not very good, and that probably has a lot to do with the comments two Bulls front office executives made recently.

Butler has quickly emerged as one of the best players in the NBA, and the Bulls gave him a max contract last summer because of it. But if he doesn’t learn a thing or two about team chemistry, he might find that winning will become more challenging each year.

No wonder Bulls want to trade him. Pretty sure they won't get as much as they are looking for if these stories keep coming out.

Scoots
04-17-2016, 11:01 PM
The above is the sort of things that were hinted at about him. When a team trying to make the playoffs is looking mid-season to trade it's best player it should set off all sorts of alarms.

KG2TB
04-17-2016, 11:29 PM
Jimmy was always against Thibs being fired. It was reported in the off-season that only one starter stood up for Thibs and vouched for him to stay as coach. That person was almost assuredly Jimmy Butler. The Hoiberg hire rubbed him the wrong way and to make matters worse, Hoiberg is still wet behind the ears as a coach. If Hoiberg was legit, I don't think there would have been as many problems. Now, Jimmy handled things terribly as well. I'm not leaving him without blame. In fact, there's no excuse for the way he handled himself. That said, he still has tremendous value, especially when you factor in his contract he just signed which is going to be one of the best deals within the next couple of years.

The Chicago Bulls FO have an extremely difficult decision to make. Can Jimmy be humbled with all this noise about him being a poor leader and the team missing the playoffs for the first time in like 8 years? Can Fred continue to grow as a coach, hold players accountable, and get guys to do what he asks them to do? Personally, I've seen enough from Fred and feel he just doesn't have it. But the organization is stuck with him for at least a few more years. You can't learn or get better at the things he doesn't have. It's his whole personality and demeanor. You can't just change who you are at that age. It's just unrealistic. Then there's the other monkey wrench...Derrick Rose. This is the most important off-season for the franchise in a long, long time...and if they don't get it right, it's going to get ugly and hopefully cost at least one of Garpax their jobs.

Aust
04-18-2016, 12:48 AM
Oh wow, had no idea that Butler was that toxic. Ew

Mave1002
04-18-2016, 01:44 AM
Depending on which pick they get. I see the Lakers going after him then Durant. Givin up the youngsters to build a win now type of roster.

Clarkson, Randle, Williams + future picks.

Try to lure in KD with Butler, DLO, #1 and the promise o Westbrook in 17'.

???-Black
Simmons-LNJ
KD-Brown
Butler-???
DLO-Huertas

Fill up those holes with Whiteside/Crabbe and were good to go.

BallDontLie
04-18-2016, 08:54 AM
lol yea thats not realistic

Timmmahhh
04-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Sounds like Jimmy wants to go to LA as bad as Rose.

Can't wait until they are both gone, Gar or Pax or both are held accountable and then the slate wiped clean.

Stinkyoutsider
04-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Anyone who's getting Jimmy is getting a great talent but I'm a little worried about how he's handling stardom. I thought that he would stay humble but what I'm hearing in the news is a little disappointing.

Thought Jimmy and Derrick would have been different than the usual guy who becomes a star but I guess everyone reacts the same way.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 11:18 AM
Don't read into these rumors at all. It always happens when there is a trade rumor going on. Clearly biased in some view. I'm not even going to question Butler's dedication to the game. He might not be ready as the leader but under a 2nd option of a team, he will thrive. Don't blame Butler for being frustrated with the Bulls. They fired Thibs for a coach who sucks and has changed the persona of the Bulls. Him and Pau Gasol are the only ones who show up to play. I don't see Pau Gasol opting to stay for the Bulls. Butler will probably be traded. He's an incredibly valuable piece in the SG position. Imagine if he was in the Pacers.. him and PG would be an absolute beast against the wing position. Meanwhile, Bulls would be crippled still with Rose for another year.

Scoots
04-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Don't read into these rumors at all. It always happens when there is a trade rumor going on. Clearly biased in some view. I'm not even going to question Butler's dedication to the game. He might not be ready as the leader but under a 2nd option of a team, he will thrive. Don't blame Butler for being frustrated with the Bulls. They fired Thibs for a coach who sucks and has changed the persona of the Bulls. Him and Pau Gasol are the only ones who show up to play. I don't see Pau Gasol opting to stay for the Bulls. Butler will probably be traded. He's an incredibly valuable piece in the SG position. Imagine if he was in the Pacers.. him and PG would be an absolute beast against the wing position. Meanwhile, Bulls would be crippled still with Rose for another year.

Being a SF bay area sports fan I got to see a few players humbled come in willing to learn and work hard, get a burst of success and then lose their humbleness. Latrell Sprewell and Terrell Owens. Both were coaches dreams for a few years then they became nightmares and didn't see it themselves. They surrounded themselves with yes men and their egos overcame them.

Monta Ellis and Gilbert Arenas were similar but neither one of them EVER had anything close to a regular ego. They came in thinking their S didn't stink.

naps
04-18-2016, 12:23 PM

Why not? Sam Smith is as credible as any bulls writer out there. And Butler is great talent but he's just an ego maniac wanna be superstar and a wannbe leader who carries himself like everything but a leader. Bulls FO sucks but he is a head case without a doubt.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 12:27 PM
Being a SF bay area sports fan I got to see a few players humbled come in willing to learn and work hard, get a burst of success and then lose their humbleness. Latrell Sprewell and Terrell Owens. Both were coaches dreams for a few years then they became nightmares and didn't see it themselves. They surrounded themselves with yes men and their egos overcame them.

Monta Ellis and Gilbert Arenas were similar but neither one of them EVER had anything close to a regular ego. They came in thinking their S didn't stink.

That's very true, also. It's tough to tell on a fan's perspective because Butler is such a tough worker as a player but all these things hitting him at once can be explained by how the Bulls management really screwed up. Early in the season, there were already reports that Butler didn't like where this team was headed. Nothing has changed since then regarding this team. They should have made the playoffs, IMO. Thibs would have at least gotten them there. Regardless, Butler is still a top three SG and would thrive as a 2nd option. Honestly, Bulls are going to be in a terrible position next year from the looks of it. Noah doesn't seem like he'll ever be able to play consistently, Pau Gasol probably not resigning with the Bulls, Derrick Rose has looked great in spurts but you never know what you get from him, Mirotic is the only piece that looks good right now.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 12:29 PM
Why not? Sam Smith is as credible as any bulls writer out there. And Butler is great talent but he's just an ego maniac wanna be superstar and a wannbe leader who carries himself like everything but a leader. Bulls FO sucks but he is a head case without a doubt.

I don't think he's a wanna-be superstar. He's obviously a top 3 SG right now and a top 15 player. The only issue is he walks around like he's LeBron (even LeBron being LeBron is an issue. Butler trying to play the role of LeBron is silly). I just have a strong sense that the Bulls screwed this up and led to this. Butler is probably trying to force himself out of this team at this point. It's a mess there, tbh.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 12:39 PM
If the Bulls are willing to take on Pekovic, I think Minnesota should be willing to give up a pick. It's not like they lack for young talent.http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/24.gif http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/7.gif
http://financeseeyou.com/red/images/8.gif

Why would they take Pek? He's an injury prone player. Bulls need to rebuild after Rose is gone. They will get nowhere with him taking that kind of salary and not being worth it. Mirotic and Doug are the only two players I think they should keep. Everyone else should be up for discussion.

TheNumber37
04-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Celtics. Get those picks

Or Trade to Sixers for Okafor and 1st. Bring Jalil back to Chicago

naps
04-18-2016, 01:38 PM
I don't think he's a wanna-be superstar. He's obviously a top 3 SG right now and a top 15 player. The only issue is he walks around like he's LeBron (even LeBron being LeBron is an issue. Butler trying to play the role of LeBron is silly). I just have a strong sense that the Bulls screwed this up and led to this. Butler is probably trying to force himself out of this team at this point. It's a mess there, tbh.

Who said he was not a great player? I dont understand you keep pointing out how great of a player he is. Thing is you dont declare yourself as the leader of a team like he did which raised a lot of eyebrows. You automatically know when you are the leader by the respect you garner from your teammates, but he didnt wait it come to himself. He was rather eager to be known as the leader. And then you don't make the team bonding player only day-trip and you're supposed to be the leader? And who brags about hanging out with famous people like that? All I see is an wanna be superstar and celebrity who can be called anything but a leader.

FlashBolt
04-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Who said he was not a great player? I dont understand you keep pointing out how great of a player he is. Thing is you dont declare yourself as the leader of a team like he did which raised a lot of eyebrows. You automatically know when you are the leader by the respect you garner from your teammates, but he didnt wait it come to himself. He was rather eager to be known as the leader. And then you don't make the team bonding player only day-trip and you're supposed to be the leader? And who brags about hanging out with famous people like that? All I see is an wanna be superstar and celebrity who can be called anything but a leader.

You said he is a wanna-be superstar.. which implies that you don't think he is a superstar. I already stated that Butler shouldn't be the leader (hence, he should be a 2nd option) but let's not act like the Bulls didn't sabotage this season with the way they have handled things. Turning this team into a tough background from Thibs to Hoiberg was a mistake. Bulls were a playoff team and was one James gamewinner from possibly being up 3-1 in the series.

Stunner
04-18-2016, 04:05 PM

Not to mention that multiple Chicago reporters saying the same thing about Butler . Actually Nick Friedell said Jimmy change months ago . It's just leaking all out now . If butler didn't want to be here shouldn't have signed plain and simple . It doesn't matter who fault it is you still need to act professional and not a ******* . He keeps it up i hope he's gone. He already pissed Noah off

And yes Butler has been acting like a wanna be Bron or Harden this season you can see it in his play . He wants to be the guy so badly in Chicago but only the young pups really look up to him , he doesn't have any vets behind him fully and that matters most because they make up majority of the team .

No defending Butler , he's good but yes pumping his chest out like he's been running a muck in the NBA . One good season doesn't give you the right to do the stuff he's done . Poor first year of attempting to be a leader

Stunner
04-18-2016, 04:13 PM
If Thibs gets the Minny jobs I'll gladly ship him to Minny for any player and picks not named Wiggins or Towns

Vincent
04-18-2016, 04:35 PM
Not to mention that multiple Chicago reporters saying the same thing about Butler . Actually Nick Friedell said Jimmy change months ago . It's just leaking all out now . If butler didn't want to be here shouldn't have signed plain and simple . It doesn't matter who fault it is you still need to act professional and not a ******* . He keeps it up i hope he's gone. He already pissed Noah off

And yes Butler has been acting like a wanna be Bron or Harden this season you can see it in his play . He wants to be the guy so badly in Chicago but only the young pups really look up to him , he doesn't have any vets behind him fully and that matters most because they make up majority of the team .

No defending Butler , he's good but yes pumping his chest out like he's been running a muck in the NBA . One good season doesn't give you the right to do the stuff he's done . Poor first year of attempting to be a leader

All the "vets" of the team either got hurt or didn't show up this year. And since pretty much most those guys on the list are pretty much on the way out the door (Noah, Pau, Rose [after next year], Moore, Brooks). I much rather a hostile take over rather than keep these "veteran" players that really haven't accomplished anything (1 ECF in the last 8 years).

I don't see a point of siding with Taj Gibson, Mike Dunleavy... when the rest of the team seems to be on board with Butler (McDermott, Mirotic, Bobby, Holiday, Felicio).

If I'm the Bulls FO, I'm not trading Jimmy for some package of young guys or picks. But I would trade him for a equal/better player.

Stunner
04-18-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't care if they got hurt or not you still should yourself to being a better teammate . Jesus Christ it's a difficult decision for me to make , Bulls don't have a future , they don't have a title window or foundation . All signs point to blowing it up , Bulls won't be fighting for a finals spot for at least 3 or 4 years and by that time your so called best player will be either acting up again , opting out and leaving . Facts

Stunner
04-18-2016, 04:52 PM
Jimmy Butler basically pulled a will smith when he joined bel air academy

Scoots
04-18-2016, 10:01 PM
You said he is a wanna-be superstar.. which implies that you don't think he is a superstar. I already stated that Butler shouldn't be the leader (hence, he should be a 2nd option) but let's not act like the Bulls didn't sabotage this season with the way they have handled things. Turning this team into a tough background from Thibs to Hoiberg was a mistake. Bulls were a playoff team and was one James gamewinner from possibly being up 3-1 in the series.

We get back to definitions again. A great player is not a superstar. Generally the definition of superstar includes transcending the sport and I would guess that Derrick Rose' name is still known by more people than Butler. There are only a few superstars in the NBA at a time generally and Jimmy ain't one.

naps
04-18-2016, 11:51 PM

That's what I am saying. Even bulls fans know how their FO sucks. But that cant be an excuse for Butler's immature wanna be self. He is full of himself. A leader doesn't have to announce his leadership, it comes to you naturally. Won't be surprised if he never liked Derrick Rose or Joakim Noah.