PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Perkins says Kevin Durant has 'a few teams that he will be looking at'

Sportsguy9695
04-07-2016, 01:27 PM
*New Orleans Pelicans*centerKendrick Perkins, with connections to both the*Boston Celtics*and*Oklahoma City Thunder, was bombarded with questions Wednesday about where*Kevin Durant*might play next season.

Perkins, one of the heroes from the Celtics' 2008 title squad, always draws a big media crowd when he comes back to Boston. Perkins' unvarnished opinions helped distinguish him on that veteran-filled championship team. Now a part-time player at age 31 and on his third team since departing, Perkins offered thoughts on Boston's latest young core, whether the Celtics would have won a title in 2010 if he hadn't been injured in Game 6, and his influence on*Anthony Davis*in New Orleans during a nine-minute chat with Boston reporters.

Source http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4722691/kendrick-perkins-on-kevin-durants-home-next-year-hes-got-a-few-teams-that-he-will-be-looking-at

Htownballa1622
04-07-2016, 01:30 PM
:smoking:

lakerfan85
04-07-2016, 02:11 PM
If Ainge can get KD the Celtics would challenge for the East next season without a doubt..

R. Johnson#3
04-07-2016, 02:55 PM
This is going to be exciting as hell! Watch the Raptors land him. I can dream, right?

R. Johnson#3
04-07-2016, 03:04 PM
If Ainge can get KD the Celtics would challenge for the East next season without a doubt..

There's a lot of teams that KD could put over the top in the East. Celtics, Raptors and Wizards are the first three that come to mind. KD and Paul George would be a pretty nasty duo too. Hell, he could make the Knicks a contender if KP continues to develop.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Please come to the Bulls to fix our mess.

JAZZNC
04-07-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm almost certain he's wanting to form a big 3 in Utah with Hayward and Favors. Well, on second thought probably not.

j-bay
04-07-2016, 04:42 PM
There's a lot of teams that KD could put over the top in the East. Celtics, Raptors and Wizards are the first three that come to mind. KD and Paul George would be a pretty nasty duo too. Hell, he could make the Knicks a contender if KP continues to develop.

KD only goes to the Raptors if they don't choke again. They need to come out of the first round. As for the Wizards i think they will fall short. Wall will try and get his buddy to come back home but i don't think it will work. One thing i do know is mostly all of DC will be on this.

j-bay
04-07-2016, 04:51 PM
I would be happy if he went to the C's. Love the Celtics as well.

FlashBolt
04-07-2016, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it's:

OKC
Boston
Pelicans
Warriors

Heediot
04-07-2016, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure it's:

OKC
Boston
Pelicans
Warriors

No way the Pelicans. Why would he go from one cheap team to a next? The reason Cp3 demanded out was because the franchise had limited resources to build a contender.

He will consider the three other teams you mentioned and the LA and NY teams, possibly the team in Canada.

Vee-Rex
04-07-2016, 05:56 PM
It may sound crazy but I REALLY want him to go to the Celtics. Yeah, him joining the Celtics could put an end to the Cavs but I'm mainly hoping for an intense, fun-to-watch rivalry.

Sportsguy9695
04-07-2016, 05:58 PM
If Durant ever landed in Golden State witb Steph. woah watch out

mrblisterdundee
04-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Please come to the Bulls to fix our mess.

If he wants to fix messes, he should come to Portland. The Blazers are the only team in NBA history to make the playoffs after bringing back only two players who have played at least 1,000 minutes the previous year. They're good, and they have cap space and a need at small forward.

Htownballa1622
04-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Chance to play with a childhood friend
Chance to play with an ex teammate friend.
Chance to choose his coach(Thibs).
No state income tax.
Room for one more max friend (Horford if he wants)

:cool:

hugepatsfan
04-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Obviously would love him (and Horford) in Boston but it's just not realistic. Could really be something though.

Let's say hypothetically the BRK pick goes #1. Trade that pick, DAL's pick Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, multiple future firsts, Terry Rozier, James Young (last 2 being salary throw-ins) to CHI for Jimmy Butler.

Extend Jared Sullinger a QO so you can go over the cap to sign him. Decline Jerebko's team option. Decline Amir Johnson's $12M option but bring him back on like a 2 year deal at $9M/year with $8M in year one and $10M in year 2. Use the remaining first we have (our own) take an overseas player so we don't have to use the cap room.

That leaves enough cap room to give Durant a max and Horford at least close to one.

IT/Smart
Butler
Durant/Crowder
Johnson
Horford/Sullinger

Obviously an absolute best case scenario but :drool:

OK, let me get back to reality now lol

Dade County
04-07-2016, 11:27 PM
I realistically only see these options.

OKC (1yr contract)
HEAT (If KD goes to the East, their is no other organization he could truly trust over Miami/Pat Riley)
Lakers (if Lbj & KD sign their together)

Dark Horse: Warriors... This team would be magical.

j-bay
04-08-2016, 12:44 AM

OKC (1yr contract)
HEAT (If KD goes to the East, their is no other organization he could truly trust over Miami/Pat Riley)

Yeah no to the Heat. If KD was smart he would stay far away. I would not trust Bosh and Wade health wise.

Dade County
04-08-2016, 12:54 AM
Yeah no to the Heat. If KD was smart he would stay far away. I would not trust Bosh and Wade health wise.

Your opinion...

& I can understand why you would bring that up, but KD has nothing to worry about, after Pat gets his sit down with KD; all of that will be cleared up.

naps
04-08-2016, 01:28 AM
Obviously would love him (and Horford) in Boston but it's just not realistic. Could really be something though.

Let's say hypothetically the BRK pick goes #1. Trade that pick, DAL's pick Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, multiple future firsts, Terry Rozier, James Young (last 2 being salary throw-ins) to CHI for Jimmy Butler.

Extend Jared Sullinger a QO so you can go over the cap to sign him. Decline Jerebko's team option. Decline Amir Johnson's $12M option but bring him back on like a 2 year deal at $9M/year with $8M in year one and $10M in year 2. Use the remaining first we have (our own) take an overseas player so we don't have to use the cap room.

That leaves enough cap room to give Durant a max and Horford at least close to one.

IT/Smart
Butler
Durant/Crowder
Johnson
Horford/Sullinger

Obviously an absolute best case scenario but :drool:

OK, let me get back to reality now lol

Hold on, you wanna give up all of that just for Butler?

Is the DAL's pick a first? You are giving up this years #1+3 other firsts and 2 rotation young players all for Butler. Sounds crazy. But then again Danny Ainge wanted to give up so many firsts just so he could have a chance at Winslow...so who knows.

nastynice
04-08-2016, 03:51 AM
What if he just went to China?

nastynice
04-08-2016, 03:53 AM

OKC (1yr contract)

lmao, ur slowly becoming my favorite nba poster!

Pittz
04-08-2016, 09:19 AM
Not gonna matter where Durant goes when LeBron opts out and joins the Warriors.

GREATNESS ONE
04-08-2016, 09:48 AM
lmao, ur slowly becoming my favorite nba poster!

LOL I was like whaaaaaaaat. :laugh2:

shep33
04-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Let's be real... The Warriors are the best place for him and it isn't even close. Coming from a Lakers fan

hugepatsfan
04-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Your opinion...

& I can understand why you would bring that up, but KD has nothing to worry about, after Pat gets his sit down with KD; all of that will be cleared up.

Serious questions... besides Lebron/Bosh has Riley ever attracted a major FA to Miami? And I think with those two it was more about having their BFF Wade there. I think Riley has done a tremendous job as GM through many different eras but I don't see this unwavered faith MIA fans have in his ability to draw FAs that wouldn't seemingly want to go there. He got a couple of his best players BFF's one time in what I think most can agree was special circumstances but seems to me he does most of his damage with trades/picks. But maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure you know your team's history better than me.