PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Barea Named Western Conference Player of the Week

Redrum187
04-07-2016, 01:57 AM
http://www.mavs.com/j-j-barea-named-western-conference-player-of-the-week/

Barea led Dallas to a perfect 4-0 week with victories over Denver, New York, Detroit and Minnesota. He averaged 23.5 points, 3.0 rebounds and 6.8 assists during that stretch while shooting 52.1 percent (38-of-73) from the field and 12-of-25 (.480) from 3-point range. Barea led Dallas outright in scoring in all four games during the week and led the team in assists in all four as well (including ties).

Normally it's not major news when a player (Curry, Durant, Westbrook, etc...) makes conference player of the week, but Barea is an exception.

Furthermore, he stepped up again tonight defeating the Rockets, making it extremely difficult for Houston to make the postseason. He shot 10-16 (62.5%) FG, 4-7 (57.1%) 3PT, 3-3 (100%) FT, 5 REB, 8 AST, 27 PTS, making it 5 straight wins for the Mavericks.

How impressed, if at all, are you in Barea who was taken from the bench to fill Deron Williams' absence?

DarkKnight
04-07-2016, 07:08 AM
Crazy.... Jordon like ... GOAT

McAllen Tx
04-07-2016, 07:10 AM
He's been doing this for years. Steps up big time for 2 week spans then becomes average for months. He's the Latino Jeremy Lin.

Im impressed though cause Dallas needed this. Dirk taking a home team discount just to miss the play-offs wouldve been bad for Dallas since I think Dirk can opt out this summer.

Howard will be in Dallas next year

Stinkyoutsider
04-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Barea is that kind of player who can give a playoff team a boost at the right time.

Hawkeye15
04-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Barea is a guy who can really help a team when he isn't asked to do much besides score and run an offense at times. When you ask him to be one of your better players, you are screwed though. His shot selection pisses you off at times.

KnicksorBust
04-07-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm happy that his good play could help Dirk get in the playoffs. I still think the Rockets would have a better chance to go on a run but the playoffs without Dirk wouldn't seem right.

IndyRealist
04-07-2016, 12:28 PM
He's been doing this for years. Steps up big time for 2 week spans then becomes average for months. He's the Latino Jeremy Lin.

Im impressed though cause Dallas needed this. Dirk taking a home team discount just to miss the play-offs wouldve been bad for Dallas since I think Dirk can opt out this summer.

Isn't Lin the Asian JJ Barea? He's been around longer.

mrblisterdundee
04-07-2016, 12:38 PM

Maybe, although Dallas should try to max out Hassan Whiteside first.

DboneG
04-07-2016, 12:47 PM
More proof something is going on with Deron Williams. When Dallas need a boost the most they get it from J.J. Barea and not Deron Williams. Dirk can't carry a team like he use to. Dirk can still shoot the lights out, if open. Kudo's to J.J.!

CHANGO
04-07-2016, 01:29 PM
As much as I love JJ this is all part of the Carlisle system, point guards go there and play great basketball. It's impressive when you look at the stats and the context tho. So, kudos to him and keep this going. :D