PDA

View Full Version : Popovich to Casey - I think you guys are going to finals

Jamiecballer
04-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Apparently this was uttered by Gregg Popovic to Dwayne Casey at the end of the game between the Raptors and the Spurs on the weekend.

What do you think? Is it crazy or could we actually see the Raptors in the finals? I know what the answer would be in my forum, i'm curious what you guys think..

beasted86
04-06-2016, 07:18 PM
It could happen. In 09 most felt the Cavs were better than the Magic.

But it doesn't really matter since the WCF is the Finals this year.

Jamiecballer
04-06-2016, 07:21 PM

:faint:

yeah, you right lol

Gibby23
04-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Apparently this was uttered by Gregg Popovic to Dwayne Casey at the end of the game between the Raptors and the Spurs on the weekend.

What do you think? Is it crazy or could we actually see the Raptors in the finals? I know what the answer would be in my forum, i'm curious what you guys think..

I think they could. They match up well with the Cavs. It would be a crazy site in Toronto for the 1st home game of the finals if the did make it.

DboneG
04-06-2016, 07:43 PM
He was being nice...blowing smoke up his ars. I do think the Raptors will put up a better battle than last year. Go to the Finals? No! Cavs have that date.

DboneG to Popovich - I think you guys are not going to the Finals. And you should retire alone with that Timmie guy.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-06-2016, 08:54 PM
Big leap from the first round but nice to see Casey and the team getting some recognition.

Lakers + Giants
04-06-2016, 09:08 PM
I don't even think they're a lock to get out of the 1st round tbh.

kdspurman
04-06-2016, 09:36 PM
I don't know if that's what Pop actually said, I saw the video. But... I'm sure there was some form of praise there. That's who Pop is. Rightfully so though, Raps have had a great year.

Video below

https://vine.co/v/iIztM0eOxvD

hugepatsfan
04-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Wait but how is that possible when the Celtics are going? I thought only one East team can make it. :confused:

Eagles4Lyfe
04-06-2016, 10:49 PM
I don't even think they're a lock to get out of the 1st round tbh.

Bingo.
If we make it to the second round is amazing in itself.

europagnpilgrim
04-06-2016, 10:52 PM

The WCF being the finals this year has to be the oldest ritual in all of sports since like the 90's, and maybe even further back if examined closer, the East just sucks compared to the juggernaut West, when was the last time someone has ever mentioned the East Finals being the Finals? its always the West Conference who owns that in spades

Dade County
04-06-2016, 10:58 PM

If the NBA wants them in the Final's, then thats whats going to happen... Maybe a ploy to get KD to strongly consider the Raps as a destination.

Or Popovic knows something we don't no... The only way I can see the Cav's not in the Final's, is if Lbj doesn't play.

Cav's beat ATL last year without Irving & Love; are people thinking that this raptors team is better then the ATL team last season. I don't no the answer to that.

beasted86
04-07-2016, 12:08 AM
The WCF being the finals this year has to be the oldest ritual in all of sports since like the 90's, and maybe even further back if examined closer, the East just sucks compared to the juggernaut West, when was the last time someone has ever mentioned the East Finals being the Finals? its always the West Conference who owns that in spades
For like 15 years it was take your pick of Celtics, Pistons, and Bulls. Now it's switched over to the West. Everything goes in a cycle.

Make a point please.