PDA

View Full Version : Knicks intersted in Raptors GM Ujii if Jackson leaves

spreadeagle
04-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Dont see why Raps would let him go
Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri helped to construct the team's current playoff roster and is considered one of the brighter executives in the NBA.

Continue for updates.

Knicks Interested in Bringing Ujiri Into Front Office in the Future
Wednesday, April 6
Ujiri is thought to be a potential successor to Phil Jackson in the New York Knicks front office, according to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.

Per Isola, Ujiri is on Chairman of Madison Square Garden James Dolan's list of potential options to take over for Jackson should he leave the Knicks or should the team move on from the famous coach and current president of the organization.

As Isola reported, a potential rift between Jackson and Dolan could be created if Dolan doesn't approve Jackson's recommendation for the team's next head coach. Jackson is reportedly interested in keeping current interim head coach Kurt Rambis at the helm.

Per Isola, "Dolan reportedly isnít entirely opposed to Rambis but heís not quite ready to sign off on hiring him either" and superstar Carmelo Anthony has endorsed "a comprehensive coaching search."

If Jackson and Dolan butt heads on the new coaching hire, that could open the door for the team to pursue Ujiri.

Ujiri's Raptors are currently 52-25 and have the second best record in the Eastern Conference. They'll make the playoffs for the third straight season after missing the postseason for five straight years before Ujiri took over as general manager. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/isola-knicks-dolan-derail-phil-jackson-rambis-plan-article-1.2589862

mudvayne387
04-06-2016, 02:05 PM
1. Why would the Raptors let Ujii go ?
2. Why would Ujji go to NY
3. If by the grace of God he did come to NY, I hope he signs Bargnarni and trades him to TOR for a 1st.

ewing
04-06-2016, 02:41 PM
I doubt this story is based on reality. I could see Dolan going for Geno Auriemma. he's that type of guy

KnicksorBust
04-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Sign the GM and Coach to insane 5 year deals and both might be gone in 2. Give me a break. Knicks are a joke franchise. Honestly without Porzingis I would have a tough time even being a fan of this team.

IndyRealist
04-06-2016, 02:55 PM
This is delusional. Ujiri left a good situation in Denver (who fell apart when he left) because he felt connected to Toronto.

kingsdelez24
04-06-2016, 03:20 PM
This is delusional. Ujiri left a good situation in Denver (who fell apart when he left) because he felt connected to Toronto.

They also coughed up more $$$ for him

DboneG
04-06-2016, 03:32 PM
The problem is Phil Jackson and the stubborn use of the Tex Winter-Triangle offense.

The Triangle offense works great...when you have great personnel. In today's NBA game, it don't work too well. WHY?! Because, these new players don't want to think on the court. They want to just do/play! So run every chance you get! Balance the floor if you can't run, go one-on-one...shoot or dish, or do a pick and roll. Simple.

So, Phil Jackson want Kurt Rambis to continue the Triangle. James Dolan with plenty of money desperately want a winner in N.Y. And is willing to start all over again. He's listening!
Weather Dolan hires a new President/Gm over the summer is any one's guest.

What would I do in NY? Get rid of Porzingis. The kid is good, but, he don't have a NBA body. He's still growing, he has no weight on his frame, which is a problem. He couldn't even make it through a season. Porz was breaking down around game 60....Get rid of Melo. He's not a winner period! Get rid of Phil. Blow this thing up! And start over. Get someone that understand where the NBA is headed....with all the 3pt. shooting, position-less players, and the lack of defense.

Brad Stevens is who I'm after.

HeartOfStarks
04-06-2016, 04:09 PM
The problem is Phil Jackson and the stubborn use of the Tex Winter-Triangle offense.

The Triangle offense works great...when you have great personnel. In today's NBA game, it don't work too well. WHY?! Because, these new players don't want to think on the court. They want to just do/play! So run every chance you get! Balance the floor if you can't run, go one-on-one...shoot or dish, or do a pick and roll. Simple.

So, Phil Jackson want Kurt Rambis to continue the Triangle. James Dolan with plenty of money desperately want a winner in N.Y. And is willing to start all over again. He's listening!
Weather Dolan hires a new President/Gm over the summer is any one's guest.

What would I do in NY? Get rid of Porzingis. The kid is good, but, he don't have a NBA body. He's still growing, he has no weight on his frame, which is a problem. He couldn't even make it through a season. Porz was breaking down around game 60....Get rid of Melo. He's not a winner period! Get rid of Phil. Blow this thing up! And start over. Get someone that understand where the NBA is headed....with all the 3pt. shooting, position-less players, and the lack of defense.

Brad Stevens is who I'm after.

You lost me at get rid of Porzingis lol

dalton749
04-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Masai isn't going anywhere, and if he did It wouldn't be New York which would just tarnish his name.

DboneG
04-06-2016, 06:24 PM
"You lost me at get rid of Porzingis lol " ..........Porz is at his highest value right now. If you study his body type, he's still growing, and his muscles aren't keeping up. (What do I know...I just watch tv). I NEVER seen a NBA player at 7'6" last 13-14 years. Proz is 7'3!! Skinny, young, and still growing. A problem! Ralph Sampson, Yao Ming, Rik Smits...I can name more, but, you get the picture.

ewing
04-06-2016, 06:47 PM
"You lost me at get rid of Porzingis lol " ..........Porz is at his highest value right now. If you study his body type, he's still growing, and his muscles aren't keeping up. (What do I know...I just watch tv). I NEVER seen a NBA player at 7'6" last 13-14 years. Proz is 7'3!! Skinny, young, and still growing. A problem! Ralph Sampson, Yao Ming, Rik Smits...I can name more, but, you get the picture.

Oh so your going to trade him and get back someone who had a better career then those 3 and has 14 years in the tank. sounds easy.

JasonJohnHorn
04-06-2016, 06:59 PM
I believe the story. Dolan seems to go through GM's like most people go through underwear.

If he doesn't get a championship in two years, he starts looking elsewhere. Problem is, when you keep changing GM's, each one has to essentially start from scratch, because the last GM was building according to his vision, which is likely quite different than the new GM's vision.

It's why Walsh is back in Indiana, despite the fact he had made progress in NY, and why NY went into re-build mode and then had t bring in Jackson.

Dolan is an idiot.

Jamiecballer
04-06-2016, 07:02 PM
ujiri is sort of the golden boy of the NBA right now, he'd be on most organizations short list i would figure. just one guy decided to publish it under the category of news.

DboneG
04-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Porz=Smits.... IMO
Unless, you liked Rik Smits career. Then, by all means keep him.

beasted86
04-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Knicks aren't getting Ujrii or Brad Stevens, and there's no way they trade Porzingis except for a superstar unless they want fans to riot.

Knicks are really stuck because they gave Carmelo that no-trade clause. There's no quick fix in sight unless they get lucky in the 2017 draft.

effen5
04-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Porz=Smits.... IMO
Unless, you liked Rik Smits career. Then, by all means keep him.

Just because you think he's Rik Smits doesn't mean he's going to have a career like Rik Smits....what kinda moronic thinking is that?

PurpleJesus
04-06-2016, 07:40 PM
He will probably go there. Everyone!!!! and I mean everyon!!!! wants to go to the mecca

HeartOfStarks
04-06-2016, 09:11 PM
I believe the story. Dolan seems to go through GM's like most people go through underwear.

If he doesn't get a championship in two years, he starts looking elsewhere. Problem is, when you keep changing GM's, each one has to essentially start from scratch, because the last GM was building according to his vision, which is likely quite different than the new GM's vision.

It's why Walsh is back in Indiana, despite the fact he had made progress in NY, and why NY went into re-build mode and then had t bring in Jackson.

Dolan is an idiot.

Sad but true. I don't think I've ever hated a sports world figure more than him. He's 100% toxic and has literally turned a once proud franchise into an absolute joke for damn near 15 years running now.

I really wish there was a way to replace him, cause he is problem 1,2,3,4 & 5 for us. When you're rotten at the top it has a way of precipitating down into the entire organization and that's what's happened here in the Dolan era.