PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Anderson: How Much is he Worth?

shep33
04-05-2016, 07:25 PM
I think he's an interesting player. Perhaps one of the best stretch 4's in the league. In all truth I think he'd be lethal with Cleveland, and put up better offensive numbers than Love.

So the question I pose is how much is he gonna earn in free agency? Currently making 8.5 mil, and really he's not a backup. This guy can average closer to 20ppg in the right situation. Currently putting up 17ppg off the bench. Only 27 years old.

My perception is that with the rising cap, he could get 12-15 mil per. Also what teams would he fit? I find that he's an overlooked free agent

Shammyguy3
04-05-2016, 08:09 PM
i think he'll easily get the value you placed on him, maybe a bit more; I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up in Detroit next to Drummond and back with Van Gundy

TrueFan420
04-05-2016, 09:49 PM
i think he'll easily get the value you placed on him, maybe a bit more; I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up in Detroit next to Drummond and back with Van Gundy

Agreed on both counts

JasonJohnHorn
04-05-2016, 09:57 PM
I think it's hard to put a value on a life, but after 7.5 million years of computing, I think the second best computer in the world would guess 42.

Dade County
04-05-2016, 10:27 PM
15mil

Boston or Pistons sounds about right to me.

Quinnsanity
04-06-2016, 02:48 AM
I've personally never seen a reason to overpay Ryan Anderson. Even when he was a 40% three-point shooter, the assumption has always been that there's surplus value in having a 6'10'' power forward who can make that many three's because of the added defensive value. But Ryan Anderson is a miserable defender against traditional big men and even worse when he has to chase wings around the perimeter, which he'll have to do more and more nowadays. Oh, and his shooting has declined significantly over the past two years. If you're dead set on having a 4 who can stretch the floor, why not go sign an undervalued wing for half of the price? Like go sign Marvin Williams, who's at least a usable defensive player and matches up better against modern 4's anyway, he's just not as flashy since he's not a 6'10'' inch shooter. Hell, take some of those savings and invest in a nice sturdy old fashioned 4 as well for the few occasions when you need one. Like, even for the same price, I'd rather have Marvin Williams and Nene than Anderson, and I suspect that combination will probably get a bit less per year than he will. The fascination with Anderson is ridiculous. If you want a shooter that badly just skip the foreplay and sign a wing to play at the 4, he won't hurt your defense any more than Anderson will.

ewing
04-06-2016, 09:33 AM
I think it's hard to put a value on a life, but after 7.5 million years of computing, I think the second best computer in the world would guess 42.

hey i see what you did there

IndyRealist
04-06-2016, 10:12 AM

Not a reference I thought I'd see on PSD. BRAVO.

geauxtigers1989
04-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Pelicans fan here, so I thought I'd weigh in. I'd be very careful of how much money I'd throw at him. As some have already pointed out, his shooting numbers have dropped over the last two seasons, and he's had injury issues over the last three years.

mrblisterdundee
04-06-2016, 06:42 PM

That would be cool, although it would make a challenge for playing time with how good Marcus Morris and Tobias Harris have been. Miami would be a good fit too, especially with Chris Bosh's issues and Josh McRoberts' malaise.

beasted86
04-06-2016, 07:15 PM
Ryan Andersen is just a solid bench player IMO. Any team that starts him or plays him starter's minutes has no chance of winning it all.

He realistically shouldn't get more than $10M a season.

We_need_players
04-06-2016, 09:55 PM

If he's willing to be our sixth man, sure. If he wants to start, no thanks.

DboneG
04-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Ryan Anderson is just a stretch nothing more, he don't have hella defense, he's not a great rebounder. To pay Ryan Anderson 10-15 mil. per year would be a stretch.

Will he get it? Yes.

warfelg
04-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Now that Colangelo is in charge cough up the max.

ewing
04-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Now that Colangelo is in charge cough up the max.

will you be unset with any signing the Sixers make this off season that is not KD?

Chronz
04-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Underrated

warfelg
04-07-2016, 01:59 PM
will you be unset with any signing the Sixers make this off season that is not KD?

There are plenty of signings that I would be happy with including Mike Connley, Kent Bazemore, Harrison Barnes.

shep33
04-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Underrated

Agreed

Hawkeye15
04-07-2016, 02:09 PM
$12-14 million a year

ewing
04-07-2016, 02:14 PM
There are plenty of signings that I would be happy with including Mike Connley, Kent Bazemore, Harrison Barnes.

fair enough.

Heediot
04-07-2016, 05:36 PM
He is worth around 12 million, He will get at least 18 million.

5ass
04-07-2016, 05:41 PM
12 million is about right, but he'll get overpaid 2 mill more.

Vinylman
04-07-2016, 06:15 PM
the per year isn't really the issue ... its the length of the deal... dude is always injured although it wasn't as bad this year but you always have to be leery of the contract year...

If i was him i would try and get $15-18 million per year for 2 years... alot of teams are going to have a lot of cap to burn late in FA.

If he wants a 4 year deal i doubt it is for more than 4/$50 million

MonroeFAN
04-07-2016, 07:42 PM
I hope we don't sign him. He's going to get the max.

RLundi
04-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Ryan Andersen is just a solid bench player IMO. Any team that starts him or plays him starter's minutes has no chance of winning it all.

He realistically shouldn't get more than $10M a season.

Maybe a few seasons ago this would be accurate, but over the past two seasons, it's almost a guarantee he'll get more than that, and much more. I could see a team throwing $16-18M a year for him, easy. If Kanter can get $17M, Anderson can get pretty close, and he actually TRIES on the defensive end.