PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day 2016: Red Sox (Price) at Indians (Kluber)

RedSoxtober
04-03-2016, 11:22 PM
Play ball!

-Lavigne43-
04-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Great textbook win

Green_Monster
04-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Price was pretty flawless other than the fourth inning. Good all around game, great way to start the season.

ruckus16969
04-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Great way to start the season.

JBJ hit ok

Shaw was awesome

Taz looked sharp

Koji looked good

Kimbrel was awesome as expected.

Price was straight nasty

Swihart look great on defense

HanRam looked good on both sides

This could be a great year

RaginRondo17
04-05-2016, 07:15 PM
3IP, 5 K's 1 BB, lets hope this can be a trend for the bull-pen. A lot of clean innings. I love the depth in the pen, hopefully Smith can come back healthy before too long, but I think Matt Barnes can fill in for the Carson Smith role for the time being. I got high hopes for him, I think he could be a big part of the pen. (Barnes)

What a joke the ump was today though, EH? 1.5 feet outside was within the strike zone according to him. It was hilarious when Xander struck out in his last AB and walked away laughing. So many stare downs between the ump and players. Napoli had the most room to complain of anyone.

I got a feeling our line-up will score a ton of runs this year. Love Mookie atop of the lineup, he does so many things. Crazy to think he only grounded into 2 DP's last season, and already his 1st this year. Watch him go the whole year without grounding into one and break last seasons.

Got to like that Ortiz hit the ball hard a couple of times, Hanley going opposite field and not trying to play home run derby every game should do wonders for his OBP% and if that's the Hanley we get he could very well earn his $$ with his play.

Lets hope Clay can keep things rolling!

EEasyA
04-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Good win. David Price pitched well .

Bo Sox Fan
04-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Great game all around, but it's only one game. This team could be a powerhouse if it showcased a co-ace / legitimate healthy #2. (Joe Kelly break out?)

Try not to pull all your hair out the next 3-4 games with the starters we're trotting to the mound. I remember what it was like around this time last year without Price...

papipapsmanny
04-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Our offense and Price encourage me, I don't worry too much about Clay. After him though is where I don't know how good this team will be. The last 3 spots in our rotation will determine what we are.

We got a great 1 a good 2 when healthy. Great Bullpen, and a very nice offense.... 3-5 is ?????????

BoSox47
04-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Great win by the team today. Don't agree with John Farrell's decision to put in Kimbrel in a non save situation at the end of the game. Dont need his innings to add up early in situations where we do not need him to be pitching.

Bo Sox Fan
04-05-2016, 10:44 PM
I'm not a Farrel supporter, but I didn't mind Kimbrel coming in at all. New team, new league, non pressure situation in what 'was' going to be a save opportunity until Ortiz teed off.

Nice way to get his feet wet, IMO.

Station 13
04-05-2016, 11:25 PM
I'm ok with Kimbrel in the game. It's just the beginning of the season. Taz and Uehara also look dominant.

Big day tomorrow for Buccholz. We need to win the series before playing in Toronto.

RaginRondo17
04-06-2016, 05:47 AM
Accuweather is saying "expect showery weather this afternoon through tomorrow afternoon." for the Cleveland area, doesn't look to promising that we play today. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Station 13
04-06-2016, 07:43 AM
That would sucks immensely.

BoSox47
04-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Its just useless innings that Kimbrel doenst need to waste early in the season and if it happens now he is clearly going to use him in situations like that throughout the season.

jon32
04-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Decided to watch this game before the Jays came on......umps have been horrible so far and this game was no different.

He was consistent at least with his outside calls....but it was pathetic when I think Boegarts was up? And he got a called strike that he said something about....didn't seem to show up the ump or anything. ......but the ump stared at him for about 10 seconds just waiting for him to even move his lips so he could kick him out.

Then the next pitch which was about a foot outside and it barely hit the glove before the ump threw an exaggerated strike 3 call. Clearly he had his mind made up to try and show up the player and was gonna call anything a strike.

These umps have become a freaking joke and should be punished for some of the crap they pull.

RedSoxtober
04-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Its just useless innings that Kimbrel doenst need to waste early in the season and if it happens now he is clearly going to use him in situations like that throughout the season.

I think that it makes more sense if you look at the context for the decision. Kimbrell probably getting loose in the home half of the 8th and warming up as the Sox come to bat in the 9th. It's 4-2 at that point and clearly a save situation. With temps in the low 30s you don't really want him to warm up without being used so you let him go even with Ortiz' blast taking the game out of a "save situation". Also, did they have anyone else warming up? I didn't notice but it seems that it'd be tough to get someone ready with only 2 outs left in the inning. Not ideal perhaps but not unreasonable IMO.