PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony keen to play in Olympics to know what 'success feels like'

Sportsguy9695
03-30-2016, 05:55 AM
After another miserable season with the New York Knicks, Carmelo Anthony said he is looking forward to winning some games with the U.S. basketball team this summer.

"From a morale standpoint as a player, if you've been through the things I've been through the past couple of years, you want to feel what that success feels like," Anthony told reporters in Dallas on Tuesday. "You want that success. So the Olympics for me is great timing, especially coming off this season and injuries, and mentally it's good for me to get out there and feel what that feels like again.''

Anthony, 31, is on the verge of missing the playoffs for the third straight season with the Knicks. He led teams to the postseason in the first 10 years of his career.

Source: ESPN (http://espn.go.com/newyork/nba/story/_/id/15094871/carmelo-anthony-keen-play-olympics-know-success-feels-like)

warfelg
03-30-2016, 07:30 AM
Hasn't he been on like 3 gold medal winning teams? LOL seems like a weird thing to say.

DboneG
03-30-2016, 08:33 AM
He's trying to build on his HOF career. SMH. OH YES! He will make the HOF! Maybe, even first ballot...after it's all said and done. SMH

KnicksorBust
03-30-2016, 09:43 AM
Everything Melo does at this point annoys me.

GoferKing_
03-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Well Melo, maybe you should have went to a better team, but no, you wanted the munny. Stay a rich loser.

DarkKnight
03-30-2016, 10:35 AM
Imagine he could've went to the Bulls or Lakers .. Yikes .. Not much of an improvement

Scoots
03-30-2016, 10:59 AM
He's been there, he should leave the spot for someone who hasn't.

Vampirate
03-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Well Melo, maybe you should have went to a better team, but no, you wanted the munny. Stay a rich loser.

While true, most of us would love to be called a rich loser by the fanbase lol.

thapastime7
03-30-2016, 11:57 AM

so your hating on him for taking an extra year i his downside. Every team was offering same amount but only knicks can offer the extra year. So you as an athlete in at the prime years takes a paycut to win elsewhere in which there s no guarantee i doubt you turned down 20 plus. Melo in any team that had space to afford was not going to win look at the bulls they are now rebuilding.

5 year deal > 4 year deal
build a brand NY > elsewhere beside LA
Attempt to become a legend in NY>Ring chase

They say the devil you know is better then the devil you dont know.

thapastime7
03-30-2016, 01:03 PM

so your hating on him for taking an extra year i his downside. Every team was offering same amount but only knicks can offer the extra year. So you as an athlete in at the prime years takes a paycut to win elsewhere in which there s no guarantee i doubt you turned down 20 plus. Melo in any team that had space to afford was not going to win look at the bulls they are now rebuilding.

5 year deal > 4 year deal
build a brand NY > elsewhere beside LA
Attempt to become a legend in NY>Ring chase

They say the devil you know is better then the devil you dont know.

Sportsguy9695
03-30-2016, 01:06 PM
Hasn't he been on like 3 gold medal winning teams? LOL seems like a weird thing to say.
But when you consider he plays for the Knicks I see where he's coming from

GoferKing_
03-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Dudes, I'm not hating on him because he took the money... in his place I probably would also take it. But unlike him, I would shut the hell up about not winning. He knew where he was going.