PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki Interested In Playing Beyond 2017

Sportsguy9695
03-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Dirk Nowitzki is giving thought to playing beyond the final remaining season on his contract with the Dallas Mavericks.

Nowitzki said on ESPN Radio's "NBA Insiders" show that playing an even "20 years would sound really, really great."

Nowitzki is in his 18th season in the NBA.

"My goal was when I signed this three-year deal to fulfill that contract. And so if I play next year through, by that point I'll be 39. To be honest, 20 years [in the NBA] would sound really, really great. And next year would obviously be my 19th year, so maybe after this next year I could sign on one more. But I'll just have to wait and see, I think, at this point."

Source
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/241359/Dirk-Nowitzki-Interested-In-Playing-Beyond-2017

basketballkitty
03-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Sure why not. I mean Cuban wants him to be a Mav for his entire career. And IF Dirk hints at signing with another team, to prevent that, Cuban will over pay to retain Dirk. It's a easy way for a over the Hill guy like Dirk to SUCK another 40-50 Million from Cuban.

DboneG
03-29-2016, 03:26 PM
You can stick a fork in Dirk...He's done! He's like Kobe, wearing out his welcome, don't know when to leave the game. If Mark Cuban is asking him to stay another year, Mark has other motives. Like keeping the seats filled until he land another superstar...or he'll get Dirk to try and recruit a star player in the off season. Problem is Dallas don't have a good team! And you are in the West! Dwhite Howard will come! lol

R. Johnson#3
03-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Sure why not. I mean Cuban wants him to be a Mav for his entire career. And IF Dirk hints at signing with another team, to prevent that, Cuban will over pay to retain Dirk. It's a easy way for a over the Hill guy like Dirk to SUCK another 40-50 Million from Cuban.

You clearly haven't looked at Dirk's current 3 year deal.

I don't see why Dirk won't play beyond this contract. He's still effective.

Alayla
03-29-2016, 04:20 PM
You can stick a fork in Dirk...He's done! He's like Kobe, wearing out his welcome, don't know when to leave the game. If Mark Cuban is asking him to stay another year, Mark has other motives. Like keeping the seats filled until he land another superstar...or he'll get Dirk to try and recruit a star player in the off season. Problem is Dallas don't have a good team! And you are in the West! Dwhite Howard will come! lol

:eyebrow:

KnicksorBust
03-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Dirk can still play.

YAALREADYKNO
03-29-2016, 05:14 PM
He's still the best player in the Mavericks so I see why not lol

Sportsguy9695
03-29-2016, 06:08 PM
I would love to see Dirk keeo on playing but your right. you might as well stick the fork in him. i will miss the fadeaway jump shot he mastered

Saddletramp
03-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Dirk can still playoffense

Shammyguy3
03-29-2016, 07:48 PM
I would love to see Dirk keeo on playing but your right. you might as well stick the fork in him. i will miss the fadeaway jump shot he mastered

Why stick a fork in a guy that is still an above average to good starter on a bad day?

beasted86
03-29-2016, 09:39 PM
Dirk is still very solid offensively, but his defense has gone from bad to worse, and realistically Dallas needs to rebuild.

There's too many 30+ year old players in the main rotation, and Parsons can't stay healthy.

If Cuban can't recruit some key players and Parsons leaves in free agency (not certain he will opt out now with knee injury), then Dirk should retire. Forgo the farewell tour and just go out after his solid season this year.

ewing
03-29-2016, 09:47 PM
Wow, what a bunch of haters.

kobe4thewinbang
03-30-2016, 01:49 AM
The dude got a new wife, so I wonder how much longer he'll play. But the flip side is that he just dropped 40, Dallas has been a surprise this year with an over-achieving team, a team that might get a good player this summer to help the cause. Plus his play style is easy to maintain.

McAllen Tx
03-30-2016, 04:06 AM
Dirk has earned the Kobe treatment. Let him opt out this summer then give him his thank you for everything contract (2 years $50 million) and tank hard the next 2 seasons. Fill the roster with scrubs on 1 or 2 year deals. In that time let him pad his stats.

They need another true superstar and I doubt 1 signs there in the next 2 years so might as well tank to try and draft 1 or acquire as much assets as possible to try and trade for 1.

DboneG
03-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Dallas should have kept Monty! He can still score well. He took pressure off Dirk I thought. I guess money was the issue or a personality conflict/internal conflict. They definitely need to get rid of the head case Deron Williams. But, Dirk is done. I'd be smh if he comes back. He can't defend well. HE NEVER WAS A GOOD/GREAT DEFENDER anyway! He can't move well on the pick/roll situations, he can't run the floor like old. He can only shoot. OH! And grab a few rebounds....he is 7ft.! Dirk don't like to bang...so, he'll get you JUST a few rebounds.

Stick a fork in Dirk...he's done.

YAALREADYKNO
03-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Dirk is still averaging 18 & 6 lmao