PDA

View Full Version : Bucher: "sources says Dwight wants to return to Orlando, if they'll have him"

MagicBucsSox
03-28-2016, 10:59 AM
http://teamstre.am/1WOpWdL

Bucher Buzz: Dwight Howard Could Make Stunning Return to Magic This Summer | Bleacher Report

via ble.ac/teamstream-

As a Magic fan i say no thanks.

R. Johnson#3
03-28-2016, 11:07 AM
No need to spend max money on Dwight with Vucevic there.

Alayla
03-28-2016, 11:30 AM
I think people are way to hard on Howard he's frustrated because since leaving Orlando he has never been the focal point of any team. He wants to prove he's still that guy but all of his situations prevent him from having the ball in his hands. What he needs to understand is that no matter what he does or where he goes that wont happen teams are convinced the game has changed for good right now and very few feel comfortable building around a big especially Howard himself Drummond has something good going for him right now and if he does well enough maybe he can pathe the way for other bigs but Howards time as a first or 2nd option is long gone and not just due to his own fault. I think hes finally understanding that and realizes he should have never left the team that go him where he is. But frankly his reputation is far to tarnished at this point.

shep33
03-28-2016, 11:42 AM
Doesn't make sense for Orlando. They should spend their money elsewhere.

smith&wesson
03-28-2016, 12:09 PM
I think people are way to hard on Howard he's frustrated because since leaving Orlando he has never been the focal point of any team. He wants to prove he's still that guy but all of his situations prevent him from having the ball in his hands. What he needs to understand is that no matter what he does or where he goes that wont happen teams are convinced the game has changed for good right now and very few feel comfortable building around a big especially Howard himself Drummond has something good going for him right now and if he does well enough maybe he can pathe the way for other bigs but Howards time as a first or 2nd option is long gone and not just due to his own fault. I think hes finally understanding that and realizes he should have never left the team that go him where he is. But frankly his reputation is far to tarnished at this point.

Howard has created issues on every team he has been on. He got his coach fired in Orlando, he didn't mesh well with the Lakers, and he tried to get Harden traded off of the Rockets even though he signed in Houston to play along side Harden. He hasn't got the job done on any team as a 1st or 2nd option.

Something is missing between Howards two ears and that is the real reason he cant seem to be successful in this league. it has very little to do with being a 1st or 2nd option. He still puts up pretty good numbers and a lot of teams can use him but he just doesn't have the mentality of a winner and we cant make excuses for him as a result.

Plus he has become pretty injury prone and that's something teams have to watch out for as well. His entire game relies on athleticism and as he gets older that will become more apparent.

He will be lucky to land another max deal if you ask me. doesn't matter where he goes.

da ThRONe
03-28-2016, 12:10 PM
I agree with everyone here. At this point the Magic are still building. Howard is on a decline.

smith&wesson
03-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Also I don't think he would be "the man" in Orlando because they seem to be building around Oladip and Gordon. He will also be competing with Vucavic who is a pretty dam good C as well. I don't see Orlando's need for Howard.

Alayla
03-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Howard has created issues on every team he has been on. He got his coach fired in Orlando, he didn't mesh well with the Lakers, and he tried to get Harden traded off of the Rockets even though he signed in Houston to play along side Harden. He hasn't got the job done on any team as a 1st or 2nd option.

Something is missing between Howards two ears and that is the real reason he cant seem to be successful in this league. it has very little to do with being a 1st or 2nd option. He still puts up pretty good numbers and a lot of teams can use him but he just doesn't have the mentality of a winner and we cant make excuses for him as a result.

Plus he has become pretty injury prone and that's something teams have to watch out for as well. His entire game relies on athleticism and as he gets older that will become more apparent.

He will be lucky to land another max deal if you ask me. doesn't matter where he goes.

I understand all of that but that is where his head is at that's what people don't seem to understand he wants to go somewhere and be THE GUY its a little unrealistic on his part but I see where hes coming from.

Dee_Edge
03-28-2016, 03:09 PM
At this point who doesn't he want to play for!
Get in the playoffs, then worry about NEXT YEAR!
...what a cry baby

WaDe03
03-28-2016, 03:16 PM
I've only been wrong one time in my life and that was when I wanted to trade Whiteside and filler for Howard at the trade deadline for Howard after Hassan gave Boban the people's elbow. Whitesides head is on straight now after hour long meetings with Riley and Spo and he's arguably the best center in the league since the all star break.

Howard isn't a player you want on a team that wants to win. He's a baby and doesn't seem like he wants to win. He's always smiling regardless of whether they're losing or not. I'd be smiling if I had all that money too but I don't see how you can step on the court and not want to win and be serious about it every game. The Magic don't need him and I like the direction they're headed in right now. Good young talent with a lot of potential. Maybe trade Vucevic for a pick or 2 to get some younger guys but if not he's a really good player himself.

Slug3
03-28-2016, 03:27 PM
DH kind of did this to himself. He had a team that got them to the finals and didn't really want to build on it and blamed everything else on SVG. Didn't want to be a part of the Lakers and now doesnt want to be a part of Houston as he is in Hardens shadow. He should at this point take whatever team will want him.

nycericanguy
03-28-2016, 03:28 PM
people are too hard on Dwight now, he's not a franchise player but he's still one of the best C's in the league.

HOU has had a bad year but Dwight was the 2nd best player on a team that went to the WCF last year, yet people act like he sucks now.

If ORL can get him for just money, they should do it and trade Vucevic. It's very hard to win in today's league with a C like Vucevic who doesn't defend. They can probably get good value for him at another position and upgrade at C with Howard at the same time.

Look at Enes Kanter in OKC, moved to the bench even though he's a beast on offense because his D sucks. Is there any really good team built around a big that doesnt defend these days? You can't cover up a C that doesn't defend because it's really hard to start two legit bigs these days. So the big that you start better be able to defend.

that being said I wouldn't give him MAX, but 3/60m type deal seems fair.

Tony_Starks
03-28-2016, 03:38 PM
Orlando taking Dwight back now would be like taking back a wife that left you....years later....after she's gained weight, boobs sag and guys are passing her up for hotter younger chicks....AND her attitude is worse!

No Ma'am!

J4KOP99
03-28-2016, 03:48 PM
He will end up in Boston. Makes too much sense

Iron24th
03-28-2016, 04:17 PM
He's on the decline, orlando will never do that.

Tony_Starks
03-28-2016, 04:18 PM
If Dwight would've committed to developing a full offensive arsenal, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If Dwight had said forget offense and just committed to dominating games defensively every night, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If Dwight hadn't clashed with SVG, Kobe, and now Harden, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

In short, this is ALL his doing.

AND he still is demanding the max?

Kick rocks

naps
03-28-2016, 05:13 PM
Man it seems like yesterday when Dwight was the most sought after and impactful player in the league after LeBron. I miss that Orlando team. He was surrounded by three headed shooting monster of Jameer-Hedo-Lewis and he was by far the league's best defensive anchor. He treated the coach that made him who he was like ****. Karma!

Slug3
03-28-2016, 05:34 PM
Man it seems like yesterday when Dwight was the most sought after and impactful player in the league after LeBron. I miss that Orlando team. He was surrounded by three headed shooting monster of Jameer-Hedo-Lewis and he was by far the league's best defensive anchor. He treated the coach that made him who he was like ****. Karma!

They built that team perfect for him and he still wanted to leave.

JWorthy42
03-28-2016, 06:37 PM
Oh Dwight...

Nothing more to say other than that.

Dade County
03-28-2016, 06:54 PM
Teams that might give him near max money:

Bobcats, Bucks, Suns, N.O (AD needs a big man playing along side of him).

Teams that will give him a nice respectable contract:

Boston (when they miss out on KD & others), Portland, Lakers (if they miss out on everyone), Dallas, Atl (his from there).

5ass
03-28-2016, 07:51 PM
They built that team perfect for him and he still wanted to leave.

Not really. Towards the end of his stint he didn't have much talent around him. Otis smith ****ed it up. He couldn't get Dwight the perimeter scorer he needed. VC and arenas were busts.

Anyway I don't know what to think tbh. The magic could definitely use his services. We need a rim protector. If he's willing to take a significant pay cut, I wouldn't hate it. I even think a Vucevic+Howard front court could work for stretches. They can both post up and Vucevic can stretch the floor.

phantasyyy
03-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Not really. Towards the end of his stint he didn't have much talent around him. Otis smith ****ed it up. He couldn't get Dwight the perimeter scorer he needed. VC and arenas were busts.

Anyway I don't know what to think tbh. The magic could definitely use his services. We need a rim protector. If he's willing to take a significant pay cut, I wouldn't hate it. I even think a Vucevic+Howard front court could work for stretches. They can both post up and Vucevic can stretch the floor.

The FO really messed up that finals team the following season, which was the beginning of the end.. They got rid of 2 key rotational players in Alston(who had steadied the ship up until the series against the Lakers-mistake starting Nelson over him), Lee who was a great 3-D player that fit perfectly into that starting unit and their closer/all-star talent in Turk.

Obviously the appeal of getting an a Vince Carter who had just put up 20/5/5 was huge, but he was/turning 33 and it was all downhill from then. Turk was asking for a lot but with the season he put up the magic should've paid the damn man. He was the initiator on offense.

By the tiem he did leave/got traded the team was pretty terrible so you cant really blame him for leaving but im pretty sure every remembers dwightmare was pretty much all his fault.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-28-2016, 08:30 PM
I'd put my money he goes to Dallas.

kobe4thewinbang
03-28-2016, 08:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrU8KUiBQaY

Yeah, right. With Oladipo, Fournier, Hezonja, Vucevic, Gordon & Payton?

Dwight is not welcome with that likely good team in 2-3 years.

kobe4thewinbang
03-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Teams that might give him near max money:

Bobcats, Bucks, Suns, N.O (AD needs a big man playing along side of him), Wiz (when they miss out on KD).

Teams that will give him a nice respectable contract:

Boston (when they miss out on KD & others), Portland, Lakers (if they miss out on everyone), Dallas, Atl (his from there).Would never happen after he screwed them and his laughable season as a Laker.

kobe4thewinbang
03-28-2016, 08:42 PM
I'd put my money he goes to Dallas.After he turned them down for the state rival? I thought he would've been better off there, but that was years ago now.

5ass
03-28-2016, 08:57 PM
The FO really messed up that finals team the following season, which was the beginning of the end.. They got rid of 2 key rotational players in Alston(who had steadied the ship up until the series against the Lakers-mistake starting Nelson over him), Lee who was a great 3-D player that fit perfectly into that starting unit and their closer/all-star talent in Turk.

Obviously the appeal of getting an a Vince Carter who had just put up 20/5/5 was huge, but he was/turning 33 and it was all downhill from then. Turk was asking for a lot but with the season he put up the magic should've paid the damn man. He was the initiator on offense.

By the tiem he did leave/got traded the team was pretty terrible so you cant really blame him for leaving but im pretty sure every remembers dwightmare was pretty much all his fault.

Yes. Even Magic fans understood that Dwight wanted to leave because he didn't have the talent around him to compete for a championship. Not only that, but there was no way out. Otis got so desperate he started taking on bad contracts like Turkoglo and Arenas. We didn't have any valuable trade assets. We all understood his decision, and honestly I give him credit for deciding to opt into his last year to give the Magic some more time. What happened with SVG was bad, but it was also childish of stan to call him out in front of the media. I understand he was pissed off, but he was supposed to handle it like a professional, and really it all goes back to Otis Smith IMO because he's the one who told SVG that Dwight approached him and wanted him fired. I think Otis realised that he was getting fired so he thought **** it.

sep11ie
03-28-2016, 09:40 PM
Howard and Parsons will be on the Magic next season.

Aust
03-29-2016, 02:55 AM
lmao please god make this happen. Then have Orlando when a ring in 2-3 years. He'll have gone full circle.

G_S_W
03-29-2016, 03:21 AM

Something is missing between Howards two ears.

It's called a brain.

YAALREADYKNO
03-29-2016, 08:14 AM

Well that's his fault. Dude kept crying while he was in Orlando too.

Slug3
03-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Would never happen after he screwed them and his laughable season as a Laker.

I mean it could happen. If his biggest problem was really him and Kobe then with Kobe retiring then maybe he does decide to go back. I don't think he will, but it doesnt seem so crazy if he did.

RLundi
03-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Howard and Parsons will be on the Magic next season.

I don't think either will to be honest. Dwight is not in line with what the Magic have recently sought after: team-oriented guys who put their teammates first and do the little things, even if they're not immensely talented. Also, Parsons just had major surgery (if I'm not mistaken) and I don't think the Magic take the risk of signing a player with such question marks to a large contract.

Tony_Starks
03-29-2016, 02:45 PM
At this point if Dwight really wants a ring he needs to just hitch himself to a contender. He will never be the featured player again, never ever, but he can still contribute to a really good team.

Somewhere like OKC...Torronto maybe...

OR if there was anyway it could be done, get him in Cleveland.

Dwight would absolutely feast off playing with Lebron, he's a player Lebron actually would make better.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-29-2016, 07:34 PM
After he turned them down for the state rival? I thought he would've been better off there, but that was years ago now.

Mavs aren't exactly scared to make a big splash.

kobe4thewinbang
03-30-2016, 01:42 AM
Mavs aren't exactly scared to make a big splash.Yeah, and it might seem like a nice redo after DeAndre Jordan burned them, but Dwight doesn't know what loyalty is and that was Cuban's big message after the DeAndre-mare.