PDA

View Full Version : favorite draft prospects

ewing
03-24-2016, 10:20 PM
OK, i love Brandon Ingram. I don't know how you can't. The "experts" say Ben Simmons. I don't get it but i've seen both guys under 10 times combined. What's your take on this years prospects. who would you take #1 and who do you think it going to be an impact player?

bucketss
03-24-2016, 10:27 PM
i like jamal murray and raps can realistically be in a position to draft him but unfortunately i don't know how he fits with ross,joseph,derozan,lowry on the team. at this point i feel like taking a gamble on skal labssiere and hope it works out like it did with drummond.

Wade n Fade
03-24-2016, 10:29 PM
Ben Simmons is a consistent jump shot away from hitting his true potential. He has the ability to pass, rebound, and score enough to get near tribe double stats in college. He could be the next Giannis or even better. Some say Magic or LeBron, but I think he is a good pick for a team. The 2016 class sucks anyways. My problem with Ingram is that he is too skinny.

ewing
03-24-2016, 10:43 PM
Ben Simmons is a consistent jump shot away from hitting his true potential. He has the ability to pass, rebound, and score enough to get near tribe double stats in college. He could be the next Giannis or even better. Some say Magic or LeBron, but I think he is a good pick for a team. The 2016 class sucks anyways. My problem with Ingram is that he is too skinny.

he didn't average anywhere near a triple double. the dude looked like he didn't even want to be there.

Scoots
03-24-2016, 11:42 PM
I like Valentine, Prince, Sabonis, and Hernangomez ... but I'm non-traditional.

JLynn943
03-25-2016, 12:01 AM
Dragan Bender and Furkan Korkmaz simply for their names.

ewing
03-25-2016, 12:14 AM
I like Valentine, Prince, Sabonis, and Hernangomez ... but I'm non-traditional.

Sabonis is really interesting to me. I have troubling seeing how he gets it done but every time i watch he does.

Scoots
03-25-2016, 12:33 AM
Sabonis is really interesting to me. I have troubling seeing how he gets it done but every time i watch he does.

Basketball IQ. It's undervalued but may be the most important element of success in the middle to late draft.

5ass
03-25-2016, 12:34 AM
Any good shot blockers this draft?

ManningToTyree
03-25-2016, 12:42 AM
I won't say Ingram will be better the Simmons but I do think they are in the same class talent wise.

Scoots
03-25-2016, 01:26 AM
Also later in the draft I like Dwayne Bacon

jerellh528
03-25-2016, 04:38 AM
Also later in the draft I like Dwayne Bacon

I thought I was the only one lol. He said he's going to be the next Jordan. This kid doesn't lack confidence haha

Aust
03-25-2016, 06:24 AM
I don't like Jaylen Brown. Interested in Bender playing the 5 instead of PF. He would need to add on a ton of weight though, so it would take time which is fine since we aren't contending.

Scoots
03-25-2016, 08:58 AM
I thought I was the only one lol. He said he's going to be the next Jordan. This kid doesn't lack confidence haha
He's bigger than MJ and athletic but raw raw raw.

2-ONE-5
03-25-2016, 09:38 AM
my top 5 is

1. Ingram
2. Simmons
3. Dunn
4. Heild
5. Murray

some other mid to late first round guys i like are Gary Payton II, Denzel Valentine, Grayson Allen, Thomas Bryant, Deandre Bembry, Kyle Witjer, Kay Felder (biggest sleeper)

DanG
03-25-2016, 09:53 AM
my top 5 is

1. Ingram
2. Simmons
3. Dunn
4. Heild
5. Murray

some other mid to late first round guys i like are Gary Payton II, Denzel Valentine, Grayson Allen, Thomas Bryant, Deandre Bembry, Kyle Witjer, Kay Felder (biggest sleeper)

You think the Sixers take Ingram over Simmons if they get #1?

Scoots
03-25-2016, 10:06 AM
Kay Felder (biggest sleeper)

Dude would be a superstar if he was a foot taller :) Instead he's probably not going to get drafted.

STRIKERC
03-25-2016, 10:16 AM

Yes , but unfortunately for you guys the Sixers are still going to get your pick.

ewing
03-25-2016, 10:48 AM

I hope not i want to see them start Noel, Joel, Simmons, embiid, and Ish Smith.

STRIKERC
03-25-2016, 10:51 AM
I hope not i want to see them start Noel, Joel, Simmons, embiid, and Ish Smith.

So just who are Joel and Embiid again? FAILED!!!

Wade n Fade
03-25-2016, 10:57 AM
he didn't average anywhere near a triple double. the dude looked like he didn't even want to be there.

Where did I put down he averaged near triple double stats? 22 points, 14 boards, and 7 assists vs Mizzou is near triple double stats. That is him showing flashes.

Wade n Fade
03-25-2016, 11:01 AM
So just who are Joel and Embiid again? FAILED!!!

Joel Anthony, duh. They want Joel in Philly lol. When he is a FA, he will be in their plans :laugh:

2-ONE-5
03-25-2016, 11:06 AM

word is the FO is legit torn between the 2 but I prefer Ingram, most in our form are prob split too. but we need shooting/scoring and we need it bad and Ingram is a true wing so thats who I want. Dont want to have to gut the team again to fit around Simmons game plus i think he is a **** leader and a bad teammate.

DanG
03-25-2016, 11:51 AM
word is the FO is legit torn between the 2 but I prefer Ingram, most in our form are prob split too. but we need shooting/scoring and we need it bad and Ingram is a true wing so thats who I want. Dont want to have to gut the team again to fit around Simmons game plus i think he is a **** leader and a bad teammate.

Yeah it does seem their value is pretty much equal, but I'm just wondering if the Lakers have to get the 1st pick to land Simmons. I like the fit next to DLo-JC-Randle and I'm sure the Lakers do as well.

DanG
03-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Yes , but unfortunately for you guys the Sixers are still going to get your pick.

The chances are pretty high that they will, but I'm going to stay positive if we end up with the 2nd worst record.

Scoots
03-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Oh please let the Lakers get the 4th pick. Please? :)

Simmons needs to be the 2nd guy on a team, not the 1st. He's a great glue guy, but I don't want him being my star. At least so far. That said I think he's the best talent in the draft by a significant margin.

I really like Ingram's game, and he looks like a star, just of a different sort than Simmons.

ewing
03-25-2016, 12:59 PM
Oh please let the Lakers get the 4th pick. Please? :)

Simmons needs to be the 2nd guy on a team, not the 1st. He's a great glue guy, but I don't want him being my star. At least so far. That said I think he's the best talent in the draft by a significant margin.

I really like Ingram's game, and he looks like a star, just of a different sort than Simmons.

What do you like about Simmons so much? What makes him the best talent by a wife margin? I have only seen him 4 times and was never impressed. I get that he is big and can move and I believe he has talent b/c well these guys aren't wrong a lot but i am very underwhelmed.

basketballkitty
03-25-2016, 01:13 PM
I don't know but in this draft, I kinda like PG's " Demetrius Jackson " of Notre Dame. As well as the Iowa State kid " Monte Morris " Jackson kinda reminds me of a more in control version of Kemba Walker. Really fast & quick. Can get anywhere on the floor he wants to. And can take over his teams offense if he needs to. As for Morris, I love the fact that he does what a PG first has to do...protect the ball and not turn it over. If one looks at his 3 years in college, Morris has always had at least a 4 1/2 to 1 assist to TO ratio. That is pretty darn good. He reminds me frankly of a better version of Kyle Lowry. These are two guys who in time might make very good NBA PG's.

Scoots
03-25-2016, 01:21 PM
What do you like about Simmons so much? What makes him the best talent by a wife margin? I have only seen him 4 times and was never impressed. I get that he is big and can move and I believe he has talent b/c well these guys aren't wrong a lot but i am very underwhelmed.

Well, that talent may never be realized ... but the only thing he hasn't shown he can do is shoot. The issue is, is he driven and how much did the limited talent around him at LSU hold him back from looking better. That program is a mess, I have no idea why he ever decided to go there.

He may just be a lesser Lamar Odom, he could be something we've never seen before. There is HUGE talent there, but I don't know that he's got the heart to make it real.

2-ONE-5
03-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Ingram has shown he can do a lot more than just shoot. not sure what makes you think that.

Wade n Fade
03-25-2016, 01:59 PM
I think the Lakers will be fine even without a lotto pick. Without Kobe, FAs might actually take a max deal from the Lakers.

spreadeagle
03-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Buddy Hieild is going to be a star

spreadeagle
03-25-2016, 04:43 PM
I also like that Angel Martinez kid looks like hes got a lot of heart, hes pretty small tho

Scoots
03-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Buddy Heild is going to be a star

I think you are right ... Hield will be very good. It's nice to see some star quality SGs coming in.

Eagles4Lyfe
03-26-2016, 04:02 PM
Hield reminds me of Beal, but it's just his one year wonder status that scares me of Hield.

2-ONE-5
03-26-2016, 04:48 PM
Heilds not a one year wonder.

Eagles4Lyfe
03-26-2016, 08:16 PM
As atop prospect yes it is.

This kids range is soo nasty. I hope he drops to the Raps pick.

basketballkitty
03-26-2016, 10:07 PM
Buddy Hieild is going to be a star

Been a lot of his kind who have Busted out. He can shoot yes. But he is not tall, great physically, or does he have any set-up skills at all. And even though his Sophmore and Junior years were okay, this season is his only really good one. So where you are getting this he will be a Star from is beyond me.

ewing
03-26-2016, 10:41 PM
I think you are right ... Hield will be very good. It's nice to see some star quality SGs coming in.

you think he can get to the hole and to the line in the NBA? I like him a lot but i am not sure.

Scoots
03-26-2016, 10:54 PM
you think he can get to the hole and to the line in the NBA? I like him a lot but i am not sure.
I don't think he'll be a dominant athletic stud, but he works hard and gets better and is smart. Players like that succeed more often than not of they are good enough to go in the top half of the first round and he's good enough for that. I'm not sure he is a top 3 talent though.

ewing
03-27-2016, 12:06 AM
I don't think he'll be a dominant athletic stud, but he works hard and gets better and is smart. Players like that succeed more often than not of they are good enough to go in the top half of the first round and he's good enough for that. I'm not sure he is a top 3 talent though.

i definitely think he is a legit NBA player. i'm not not sure if he is a star. if he can get to the hole/line i think he can become an all star 2 guard. not sure if he can. Looks like he could but i'm not sure.

Scoots
03-27-2016, 12:12 AM
i definitely think he is a legit NBA player. i'm not not sure if he is a star. if he can get to the hole/line i think he can become an all star 2 guard. not sure if he can. Looks like he could but i'm not sure.

As many times as I've been wrong I'm never sure anymore :)

I know that I like smooth moving athletes who have a high basketball IQ and who are team players. Too many one and done great scorers never develop much of a team game. These days I spend a lot more time looking at the lower picks that the higher ones.

IKnowHoops
03-27-2016, 02:36 AM
When I think about who I'd like the Twolves to get, it's Simmons all day long. He'd be a perfect young PF for the squad. I'm not as big on Ingram as everyone else and I certainly would not take him over Ben. I would take Ingram second though and maybe trade down as we are already set at SF. I really like Buddy Hield though. I like Dunn and I like Skal. Next to Towns they could be a force in 4 years.

1. Ben Simmons
2. Ingram
3. Buddy
4. Dunn
5. Skal

Thats the order I go as a T wolf

Eagles4Lyfe
03-27-2016, 11:18 AM
As many times as I've been wrong I'm never sure anymore :)

I know that I like smooth moving athletes who have a high basketball IQ and who are team players. Too many one and done great scorers never develop much of a team game. These days I spend a lot more time looking at the lower picks that the higher ones.

JJ Reddick coming into the league was thought of having empty stats and bad defensively, look how he turned out.
Heck look at Terrance Ross, so subpar, has no handles and can't drive and is supposed to be a 3 and D guy on our team but can't even do that right but yet go paid heavy.

Hield has empty stats coming in sure. But on a team where there's a true PG ala Paul, Parker you could see Hield be really successful.
Put him as the starting SG on the Clippers, Thunder, Bulls, Cavs etc he'd thrive hard.

Even though we have Derozan I would love to replace Ross with Hield, love his potential way more.

Scoots
03-27-2016, 12:15 PM
JJ Reddick coming into the league was thought of having empty stats and bad defensively, look how he turned out.
Heck look at Terrance Ross, so subpar, has no handles and can't drive and is supposed to be a 3 and D guy on our team but can't even do that right but yet go paid heavy.

Hield has empty stats coming in sure. But on a team where there's a true PG ala Paul, Parker you could see Hield be really successful.
Put him as the starting SG on the Clippers, Thunder, Bulls, Cavs etc he'd thrive hard.

Even though we have Derozan I would love to replace Ross with Hield, love his potential way more.
It took a long time for jj to get there but he worked hard at it and just keeps getting better. He's a good model for the grinders.

Scoots
03-27-2016, 12:44 PM
BBBD on Hield https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ycy3ai6Ik

basketballkitty
03-27-2016, 01:11 PM
And that Video means nothing as it goes to his NBA potential, or what he can do once there.

ballpd05
03-27-2016, 01:20 PM
I'm an LSU and a Pelicans fan... Ben Simmons puts up nice numbers, but it's like those Kevin Love in Minnesota type numbers. Big stats, but the impact or the big plays in big moments was never there. My worst fear is that the Pelicans mess around and win the lottery and end up drafting Ben...

Scoots
03-27-2016, 01:23 PM
And that Video means nothing as it goes to his NBA potential, or what he can do once there.

I didn't say it did ... it's just about him and how he got his offense. He's interesting and I think will probably not be a bust ... but I don't know that he'll be a star.

On the draft in general, I'm also interested in Petr Cornelie. A tall stretch 4 ... supposedly measured 7' 1/2" in socks, with a shortish 7' 1 1/2" wingspan. He's smooth and has a decent shot, is a decent rebounder, and doesn't appear afraid of contact.

IKnowHoops
03-27-2016, 01:39 PM
I hope more teams are scared of Ben just like this thread. He's the type of player who plays better with good teammates. He knows how to play basketball, like Lebron, but unlike Lebron, he's not nearly so ball dominant. (Although I dont think Lebron needs the ball, its just better for his team if he has it). I feel a player like him will make an impact right away on the Wolves even without scoring, which is what I want. Maybe he can't shoot now but i am not worried about that. That will come. And you can't teach his body. He's got a great NBA body that I see ending up being very big and strong, close to a Lebron like build. He won't be as fast or as explosive, but he will be very fast and explosive for his size. Love for the Wolves to get this guy. Way way way more than any other player.