PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers Coach And GM Both Talked To LeBron James About His Behavior

spreadeagle
03-24-2016, 11:43 AM
LeBron James’ recent actions have been a tad odd of late.

He unfollowed the Cavaliers’ Twitter account. Then, refollowed on Instagram. Then, trolled the world by saying he may join Snapchat — or as he called it, “The Snap.”

He’s subtweeted about the team’s toughness. He’s also spent a recent halftime, specifically during Saturday’s blowout loss to the Heat, chatting it up with good friend and former teammate Dwyane Wade instead of warming up with his team. The Cavs were down 21 points at that time.

So, Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue sat down James after that game, as Lue explained, via Cleveland.com:

“I just told him we can’t have that, being down like we were and him being the leader,” Lue told cleveland.com. “Just me being a competitor, I didn’t like it. We had a long talk about it. It was good. He understood, he apologized, and he’s been great.”
Since that conversation, James has gone for 33 points, 11 rebounds and 11 dimes in a blowout win over the Nuggets. He followed that up with a 26-point, six-board, eight-assist performance in a victory over the Bucks on Wednesday. - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/cavaliers-coach-and-gm-both-talked-to-lebron-james-about-his-behavior-402117.html#sthash.EEdKCpFy.dpuf

KnicksorBust
03-24-2016, 11:54 AM
LeBron James’ recent actions have been a tad odd of late.

He unfollowed the Cavaliers’ Twitter account. Then, refollowed on Instagram. Then, trolled the world by saying he may join Snapchat — or as he called it, “The Snap.”

He’s subtweeted about the team’s toughness. He’s also spent a recent halftime, specifically during Saturday’s blowout loss to the Heat, chatting it up with good friend and former teammate Dwyane Wade instead of warming up with his team. The Cavs were down 21 points at that time.

So, Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue sat down James after that game, as Lue explained, via Cleveland.com:

“I just told him we can’t have that, being down like we were and him being the leader,” Lue told cleveland.com. “Just me being a competitor, I didn’t like it. We had a long talk about it. It was good. He understood, he apologized, and he’s been great.”
Since that conversation, James has gone for 33 points, 11 rebounds and 11 dimes in a blowout win over the Nuggets. He followed that up with a 26-point, six-board, eight-assist performance in a victory over the Bucks on Wednesday. - See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/cavaliers-coach-and-gm-both-talked-to-lebron-james-about-his-behavior-402117.html#sthash.EEdKCpFy.dpuf

Imagine being so good at a sport that you can be playing in a professional game. Casually talk to your friend at halftime instead of warming up with your team. Have a sit down with the coach/gm. Then the next game just calm everybody down with 33/11/11 like it's nothing. :laugh:

DR_1
03-24-2016, 11:57 AM
Imagine being so good at a sport that you can be playing in a professional game. Casually talk to your friend at halftime instead of warming up with your team. Have a sit down with the coach/gm. Then the next game just calm everybody down with 33/11/11 like it's nothing. :laugh:

This isn't something to impressed at, at least imo

Big Zo
03-24-2016, 11:59 AM
LeBron is talking to himself now?

DR_1
03-24-2016, 12:06 PM

This isn't something to impressed at, at least imo

kdspurman
03-24-2016, 12:21 PM

Was thinking the same haha. Thought there was a video of him talking to a mirror or something

Timmmahhh
03-24-2016, 12:26 PM
Was thinking the same haha. Thought there was a video of him talking to a mirror or something

http://youtu.be/-DIETlxquzY

ghettosean
03-24-2016, 12:31 PM
“I just told him we can’t have that, being down like we were and him being the leader,” Lue told cleveland.com.

This sums it up for me again with now the coach talking about poor leadership qualities. Again where are the people who were crucifying me earlier when I said Lebron has poor leadership skills/qualities.

Acting like it's impossible to comment on it give me a friggin break dude is as poor as leader's come. Being a leader is more than putting up stats on the court... Much much more but I don't think Lebron will ever figure that out.

Feeling bad for Cleveland.

mrblisterdundee
03-24-2016, 12:42 PM
Just all the more reason to try and trade Kyrie Irving for Chris Paul, a born leader who would help elevate Cleveland while not taking **** from LeBron. Trade Irving and Iman Shumpert for Paul, J.J. Redick and Austin Rivers. You immediately upgrade the back court, add shooting and get a better leader than James in the locker room.

Vee-Rex
03-24-2016, 01:00 PM
LeBron wants to think he's a great leader but he's not.

Anyway, maybe things will calm down a bit and we can get into a playoff mentality.

phantasyyy
03-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Just all the more reason to try and trade Kyrie Irving for Chris Paul, a born leader who would help elevate Cleveland while not taking **** from LeBron. Trade Irving and Iman Shumpert for Paul, J.J. Redick and Austin Rivers. You immediately upgrade the back court, add shooting and get a better leader than James in the locker room.

Lol.. like the Clippers would ever agree to such a lop-sided trade. Kyrie isn't on the same level as CP3 even if he is younger than him-nor will he ever be, and Reddick is a serious talent that they aren't just going to throw in.

Add to the fact that Shumpert is a steaming piling of garbage on that such recently signed his contract.

europagnpilgrim
03-24-2016, 01:25 PM
Leaders come in various ways, and Lebron leads in his own way, as in carrying teams like past others have

D Fisher post Shaq was the leader of the Lakers while Kobe led in his own way of doing him, he told Gasol put on or pull up his big boy pants and they had went to 3 straight finals prior seasons

if you have a personal criteria for being a leader and Lebron doesn't fit that then its cool to down talk your part of it but he leads by his play on the court since being drafted 03', all the off court stuff is for headliner reaction and for fanatical reaction since most all folks are reactionary emotional instead of accepting a player for what he is

its a reason he said being in Miami was like his college years since he figured he would have went to 4 straight ncaa title games(had he gone to college) and the quasi coach/gm was strict on him(Riley), as he was the leader/master mind unlike Gilbert who let the boy wonder do as he pleased, until he left, only to return to give him the keys to the castle/arena again, but Lebron is pulling his weight more since he has 2 rings to his resume

Love and Lue have called out Lebron publicly so you know it means much more when Lebron does the same

Hawkeye15
03-24-2016, 01:31 PM
The one thing that will always hold LeBron back from being as great as Jordan, is he simply will not man up and accept responsibility when the going gets tough.

I know social media is a ***** nowadays, and players get taken out of context all the time. But he really just needs to stfu already

Timmmahhh
03-24-2016, 01:38 PM
I'm not a huge NBA guy, but I agree with Vee-Rex and Hawkeye here.

Dude needs to dig his heels in and get his guys in Cleveland ready and not worry about UNI, wanting to play with his buddies before he retires, etc.

LeBron is his own worst enemy.

ghettosean
03-24-2016, 01:38 PM
The one thing that will always hold LeBron back from being as great as Jordan, is he simply will not man up and accept responsibility when the going gets tough.

I know social media is a ***** nowadays, and players get taken out of context all the time. But he really just needs to stfu already

What you just said in a nutshell is poor leadership... Plain and simple dude he's not a good leader.

DboneG
03-24-2016, 01:48 PM
LeBron is a great leader. Period. Case in point...look how J.R. Smith is playing in Cleveland compared to how he was playing in N.Y. He's not jacking shots all over the place..shooting the team out of the game, he's not doing stupid stuff on the court, he's not out partying and having a good time, he's playing better defense!!! That's just one point I have maybe four more points I could give you.

The point is: LeBron isn't buying into a sub-par coach Tyrone Lue system. Lue wants to be the permanent head coach. How does he do that?! By letting everyone know who's the boss, put in HIS system. There's a battle of wills going on. In the long run LeBron will win. LeBron wanted Mark Jackson, he didn't get him. So, Bron Bron has the GM and a sub-par coach not listening to him. IT'S PISSING HIM OFF.

Maybe, Mark Jackson will be the head coach this year after all. Maybe, LeBron will do a Bill Russell...and be player/coach. Warren Edward Buffett isn't his good friend for nothing. If anyone truly read about Warren Edward Buffett, you know what I'm talking about.

Cavs will win it all this year. The NBA is great at making story lines.

It will be a interesting summer.

hugepatsfan
03-24-2016, 01:59 PM

He's always been like this. It's just more glaring now because he doesn't just put the team on his back and completely carry them out of trouble to the same extent he used to. He still does but just not like he did in his prime.

He was always arrogant and people defended it by saying Kobe, Jordan, etc. were all arrogant. But they were just a different kind of arrogant than what Lebron is. Like you said, Lebron just accepts no responsibility. Those guys were arrogant in good and bad. In bad, they'd be so arrogant to think that it was just a matter of them needing to play better and it would be good. Lebron is so arrogant to think that it's just not his fault. Huge difference.

Scoots
03-24-2016, 02:07 PM
Passive-aggressive leadership. It actually works for some people, but it puts most people off.

DboneG
03-24-2016, 02:16 PM
Points of LeBron's leadership...
1. Fighting for Tristan Thompson. Where the heck you think the Cavs will be without Tristan?! This stupid GM was willing to let him go. LeBron was outspoken.
2. Kyrie Irving: even though LeBron is hurting Kyrie's creative stage(a point of your career you will never get back) right now, he's making him into more of a team player. Kyrie is/was resisting, but, he's on the same page now. They let Kyrie go crazy and jack shots every-once-in-a-while. That was LeBron's leadership that made that situation better.
3. LeBron got Kevin Love on the same page. Even though you see Kevin isn't buying into this Cavs thing 100%. Kevin is doing what he do. That's leadership.
4. Mo Williams being disgruntle. He let Mo know..."We are winning it all this year" We need Delli to get more experience on the floor. "I need you." But, as an insurance policy, in case one of our guards go down. Mo bought in....he's quite and not causing problems. THAT'S LEADERSHIP!! You want me to give you more?!!!! I have maybe 4 more!

WaDe03
03-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Points of LeBron's leadership...
1. Fighting for Tristan Thompson. Where the heck you think the Cavs will be without Tristan?! This stupid GM was willing to let him go. LeBron was outspoken.
2. Kyrie Irving: even though LeBron is hurting Kyrie's creative stage(a point of your career you will never get back) right now, he's making him into more of a team player. Kyrie is/was resisting, but, he's on the same page now. They let Kyrie go crazy and jack shots every-once-in-a-while. That was LeBron's leadership that made that situation better.
3. LeBron got Kevin Love on the same page. Even though you see Kevin isn't buying into this Cavs thing 100%. Kevin is doing what he do. That's leadership.
4. Mo Williams being disgruntle. He let Mo know..."We are winning it all this year" We need Delli to get more experience on the floor. "I need you." But, as an insurance policy, in case one of our guards go down. Mo bought in....he's quite and not causing problems. THAT'S LEADERSHIP!! You want me to give you more?!!!! I have maybe 4 more!

Those are terrible points lmao. Mo has no effect on the team regardless, Love is garbage soft and not a leader, Kyrie hates being in Cleveland, and Tristan Thompson may be the worst contract in the league. Where would they be without Tristan Thompson 80+ million dollar contract to average 8 & 9? They would be in a lot better place moving forward than they are now. They're stuck with this team for the future and LeBron knows this. What will be his reaction if they get out of the East again (which I don't think they'll do) and get beat by the Spurs or Warriors again with Love and Irving healthy? What will his reaction be if they don't make it out of the East?

Tony_Starks
03-24-2016, 02:38 PM
Can't say it's much of a surprise. When was Lebron the most successful? The Miami years with D Wade and Riley as the leaders.

Now that he's the Ultimate leader in Cleveland we see what's unfolded. Coach fired. Players ostracized. Throwing subliminal jabs in tweets. Talks of forming another super team during the season....on and on.

Lebron is a all time great that will probably never be duplicated but he is by far the most mentally weak top 10 superstar I've ever seen.

R. Johnson#3
03-24-2016, 02:42 PM

Beat me to it.

DboneG
03-24-2016, 02:54 PM
You don't know basketball. Kyrie is doing fine. He want to be like James Harden, and Curry, just go jacking shots. LeBron tempered all that....Kyrie wasn't too happy. But, he's on the same page now. LeBron's leadership. Tristin Thompson is worth the money....are you crazy. Kevin Love is doing what he do. Mo has a big part in this team?! They need him early in the season... Kyrie wasn't ready. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? They still need Mo.

Let's talk about this in June. The Cavs will win it all.

DboneG
03-24-2016, 02:57 PM
Those are terrible points lmao. Mo has no effect on the team regardless, Love is garbage soft and not a leader, Kyrie hates being in Cleveland, and Tristan Thompson may be the worst contract in the league. Where would they be without Tristan Thompson 80+ million dollar contract to average 8 & 9? They would be in a lot better place moving forward than they are now. They're stuck with this team for the future and LeBron knows this. What will be his reaction if they get out of the East again (which I don't think they'll do) and get beat by the Spurs or Warriors again with Love and Irving healthy? What will his reaction be if they don't make it out of the East?

You don't know basketball. You are like a troll.

kdspurman
03-24-2016, 03:10 PM
Saying LeBron makes his teammates better is accurate. But you can make your teammates better and be a poor leader.

He's not a guy who when things are going bad, you want to necessarily follow his lead. On the court? Sure.. when he's dialed in and focused , you want to feed off that energy. When things are going tough with the team/coaches? Nah.

He's not the guy you want to emulate in those cases. Being a good leader means leading on and off the court and setting a good example at all times for your teammates. He hasn't been that guy... and it's fine. Not all great players have that ability

DboneG
03-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Saying LeBron makes his teammates better is accurate. But you can make your teammates better and be a poor leader.

He's not a guy who when things are going bad, you want to necessarily follow his lead. On the court? Sure.. when he's dialed in and focused , you want to feed off that energy. When things are going tough with the team/coaches? Nah.

He's not the guy you want to emulate in those cases. Being a good leader means leading on and off the court and setting a good example at all times for your teammates. He hasn't been that guy... and it's fine. Not all great players have that ability

"Saying LeBron makes his teammates better is accurate. But you can make your teammates better and be a poor leader." Oxymoron...just think about what you said. lol

"Being a good leader means leading on and off the court and setting a good example at all times for your teammates. He hasn't been that guy." LeBron has been a model citizen off the court his whole career! He has been a super great business man! A HOF'er! When you are on LeBron's level...you are not going to start buying into David Blatt and Tyrone Lue system. lol
In so many words, LeBron is telling the GM, and Lue...I'm running this ship! You don't like it I'll leave! (That's where all the strange tweets and stuff is coming from).

Bottom line: LeBron will win.

kdspurman
03-24-2016, 03:29 PM
"Saying LeBron makes his teammates better is accurate. But you can make your teammates better and be a poor leader." Oxymoron...just think about what you said. lol

"Being a good leader means leading on and off the court and setting a good example at all times for your teammates. He hasn't been that guy." LeBron has been a model citizen off the court his whole career! He has been a super great business man! A HOF'er! When you are on LeBron's level...you are not going to start buying into David Blatt and Tyrone Lue system. lol
In so many words, LeBron is telling the GM, and Lue...I'm running this ship! You don't like it I'll leave! (That's where all the strange tweets and stuff is coming from).

Bottom line: LeBron will win.

Like I said, being a great leader is more than on court stuff. That's fine if you think he will win. Totally your opinion

Chromehounds
03-24-2016, 03:33 PM

A Leader of Men he's not a shrewd individual he is. ;)

One thing no one seems to mention, he orchestrated all these long terms/large deals which the Cavs are stuck for many years to come. LeRun however signed and planning to sign only 2yrs deals with an opt out option on the 2nd year. Who's looking out for who? In a team game, this guy is only looking out for numero uno, himself! He's showing lots of committment to the city of Cleveland alright. ---"Sarcasm"

Chronz
03-24-2016, 03:35 PM
Lol at anyone thinking they know much about a players leadership. How do you weigh a former teammate saying Bron saved his life vs this social media gossip? How do you guys compare to prior greats you don't know **** about. EVERY great has their ups and downs in the leadership department and no it's NEVER more important than a players impact/production on the court. Teams don't win with good will, they win with buckets and some of the greatest teams had internal conflict.

Hawkeye15
03-24-2016, 03:36 PM
He's always been like this. It's just more glaring now because he doesn't just put the team on his back and completely carry them out of trouble to the same extent he used to. He still does but just not like he did in his prime.

He was always arrogant and people defended it by saying Kobe, Jordan, etc. were all arrogant. But they were just a different kind of arrogant than what Lebron is. Like you said, Lebron just accepts no responsibility. Those guys were arrogant in good and bad. In bad, they'd be so arrogant to think that it was just a matter of them needing to play better and it would be good. Lebron is so arrogant to think that it's just not his fault. Huge difference.

yep, agree with everything here

Hawkeye15
03-24-2016, 03:39 PM
Lol at anyone thinking they know much about a players leadership. How do you weigh a former teammate saying Bron saved his life vs this social media gossip? How do you guys compare to prior greats you don't know **** about. EVERY great has their ups and downs in the leadership department and no it's NEVER more important than a players impact/production on the court. Teams don't win with good will, they win with buckets and some of the greatest teams had internal conflict.

while all of this is true, you can't possibly say LeBron doesn't come off at times like nothing is his fault, and even worse at times, like people should feel sorry for him.

LeBron is a poor speaker with a mic in front of his face. This is a fact. Unfortunately, he also plays in a time where that is always front and center, so the athletes from the past like that, didn't gather as much attention.

Scoots
03-24-2016, 03:47 PM
You don't know basketball. Kyrie is doing fine. He want to be like James Harden, and Curry, just go jacking shots.

Harden and Curry are just jacking shots? Do you watch the games? You can get an answer to that one by looking at a simple box-score.

Curry leads the NBA in hockey assists (passes that lead to passes that are assists) on a team that is leading the NBA in passing and assists. But sure all he wants to do is jack up more shots. His coaches have been pushing him to put up more shots all year and he's been resisting.

Harden is top 10 in total assists and assists to pass% adjusted ... in other words his passing creates a lot of points for his team.

Neither player "just go jacking shots".

WaDe03
03-24-2016, 03:52 PM
Cracking up at the media for apologizing to LeBron for the things he said lol. This is hilarious.

Scoots
03-24-2016, 03:52 PM
LeBron is a poor speaker with a mic in front of his face. This is a fact. Unfortunately, he also plays in a time where that is always front and center, so the athletes from the past like that, didn't gather as much attention.

LeBron is also possibly the most brand conscious superstar ever and the fact that other players are more liked by the media and more loved by fans is a problem for him I think.

I also think that it's going to take a long time to get rid of the stigma of playing his whole career in the weaker conference and riding that to several uninspiring finals appearances.

I don't know what he could have done differently last year to improve his brand, but he's made it clear to everyone that his top priority is making the maximum amount of money first, control second, and winning 3rd.

McAllen Tx
03-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Ive never seen a player hold a team/city/state hostage the way LBJ has been doing these last 2 years in Cleveland.

You have extend whoever he says, sign whoever he says, fire whoever he says, trade whoever he says or he will leave.

Im not gonna hate on him for it cause if he gots it like that (he does) good for him. More power to him.

Just dont piss on me and tell me it's raining. Dont want to hear no bullcrap about how you love Akron, Cleveland or whatever, he loves power. He's all about power moves.

King James is sitting high and mighty on his throne in Cleveland and the organization and its fanbase are his footstool.

Not even MJ had it that good, he got shown the door out of Chicago.

DboneG
03-24-2016, 04:15 PM
Harden and Curry are just jacking shots? Do you watch the games? You can get an answer to that one by looking at a simple box-score.

Curry leads the NBA in hockey assists (passes that lead to passes that are assists) on a team that is leading the NBA in passing and assists. But sure all he wants to do is jack up more shots. His coaches have been pushing him to put up more shots all year and he's been resisting.

Harden is top 10 in total assists and assists to pass% adjusted ... in other words his passing creates a lot of points for his team.

Neither player "just go jacking shots".

For the most part, without going into details...they just jack shots. Harden or Curry are not great defenders...Curry should have WAAY more assist per game considering the amount of time he has the ball. Harden is horrible when comes to getting guys involved.

Scoots
03-24-2016, 04:28 PM
For the most part, without going into details...they just jack shots. Harden or Curry are not great defenders...Curry should have WAAY more assist per game considering the amount of time he has the ball. Harden is horrible when comes to getting guys involved.

REALLY? Curry should have WAAY more? He is averaging 6.5 assissts and 2.4 hockey assists ... 8.9 total per game in 33 minutes. His assist% is 33.3, and considering that there are so many capable passers on the team and the offense emphasizes passing I think he's doing a great job moving the ball.

This is all off the point of the thread though ... so I'll go away knowing you are a troll or an idiot. You think of me whatever you want.

DboneG
03-24-2016, 05:56 PM
REALLY? Curry should have WAAY more? He is averaging 6.5 assissts and 2.4 hockey assists ... 8.9 total per game in 33 minutes. His assist% is 33.3, and considering that there are so many capable passers on the team and the offense emphasizes passing I think he's doing a great job moving the ball.

This is all off the point of the thread though ... so I'll go away knowing you are a troll or an idiot. You think of me whatever you want.

Curry assist totals per game should be higher, considering the amount of touches he has. Draymond Green and LeBron James has more assists per game, and they are forwards. He leads the league in shot attempts per game. James Harden I think is number 3 this season...they are shot jackers.

Seeing you have racists Rick Barry as your profile picture...makes you a Jack-off.

Rick Barry racist remarks about the great Bill Russell
http://www.classictvsports.com/2012/05/looking-back-on-rick-barry-watermelon.html

Rick Barry racist remarks about MJ's dunk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pjhl1G1W-c

"He's also an enormous douche of a human being. He made racist remarks about Bill Russell on TV, called a Michael Jordan dunk a "Chinese Superman" because it "had a slant to it", walked out on 2 separate families, and only came back into his sons' lives when they became famous basketball players, just so he could take all of the credit.
Rick Barry wonders why he can't get an NBA head coaching job, but I think it's pretty obvious. Most people don't want to hire a washed-up, arrogant, assholish, has-been douchebag as their coach." Jamaal "Silk" Wilkes

FlashBolt
03-24-2016, 06:00 PM
So what you have is LeBron clearly having some issues letting go of his ego. I don't knock the guy for being frustrated because he's 31, you have two guys named Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving not being able to win games without him. Seriously, I really think Love/Irving would have a tough time making it to the playoffs. You just get the sense that these guys are contempt with losing or something. But that's 100% LeBron's fault. He asked for Love and he came to Irving. Really tough spot here for him because I don't think Love/Irving are the best mix for James. On the other hand, you also have LeBron playing mindgames with the organization/media. Wait, since when did you guys even like the media? The only issue here is LeBron seems to be shielding away the blame from himself but at the same time, portraying himself as someone who is clueless as to what is happening. They probably won't win it this season and I wouldn't blame LeBron one bit.. but it's a bad look when you're the one who is in charge but pretend you're not.

Sportsguy9695
03-24-2016, 06:08 PM
as big of a james fan I am i gotta admit the past few days what he has done has been strange. but I gotta admit I dont see the friends coming together and winning. you see what happened when wade and james did it in Miami. they didnt win as many titles as they liked. same would happen if he linked up with melo and cp3

Raps18-19 Champ
03-24-2016, 06:13 PM
Lol he has been big troll lately. No one on that team commands Lebron's respect though.

FlashBolt
03-24-2016, 06:22 PM

Lmao, exactly. How do these guys even know what's going on? Why do these same people who lament LeBron also not acknowledge that this team was dysfunctional before he even got there? It's become quite pathetic. He deserves some blame but he's also not getting any credit for still carrying this dreadful team when he's NOT on the court for them. Also, Wade03, if you have never watched Tristan Thompson play (which you haven't), he's not the worst contract. He was a tad overpaid but he's the Cavs most consistent player and shows up every game to play. This dude comes in, puts in the work, you never hear a peep from him. Do you even watch their games? Delly and Tristan are their glue guys.

jimm120
03-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Is this Lebron telling cleveland to..

Use Kyrie to acquire Paul
Use Love to acquire Melo

???

FlashBolt
03-24-2016, 06:44 PM

Use Love to acquire Melo

???

That would be a better fit for the Cavs IMO. LeBron's biggest issue is he has to respect you before he likes you. Ex: He really likes Delly and thus, you never hear him say a thing about him. Even with Tristan. He respects his ability to rebound and stay healthy. Love/Irving don't generate any respect at all with how they have played thus far. I always thought Melo for Love was great for both teams when they had the chance to do it. Melo actually tries to play defense and he's pretty good playing off-ball. Those who say he is a ballhogger should watch him play when he actually has help.

DboneG
03-24-2016, 07:13 PM

Use Love to acquire Melo

???

Good analogy... D-Wade would just come over. Wade don't have any loyalty to Miami. Considering how hard it was for him to get his contract done.

SteBO
03-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Wade isn't touching CLE, and 'Melo has already joked to the media about "someplace warm". And anyway, I don't see why any organization would want to tie up their cap for 4 players who are only getting worse by the year. Oh....and would they beat the Warriors or Spurs within the next 3-4 years (assuming this actually comes to pass)? No.

More-Than-Most
03-24-2016, 07:39 PM

This plus I also think he needs to be the center of attention and on top of all that the notion that he is no longer the best in the sport is clearly bothering him in my opinion and I also believe there is a hint of jealousy as well and rightfully so when you factor in how hard James had it when he entered the league and how much hate he got compared to the love curry gets and how easy curry makes it look and because of this plus the fact that his team in my opinion isnt even close to as good as the spurs/warriors he is trying his hardest to keep himself the talk of the town. James is still a top 3 player in the sport in my opinion and is better this year than last but he is a big distraction to his team right now and its all because he thought HIS team that HE basically built would be better than it clearly is and its scaring the crap out of him.

When Lebrons game falls off he will have it rough because like Jordan and Kobe he will still think he is far better than he actually is and in the final seasons it will be just sad... He will have his size that could help him some though.

More-Than-Most
03-24-2016, 07:45 PM
LeBron is also possibly the most brand conscious superstar ever and the fact that other players are more liked by the media and more loved by fans is a problem for him I think.

I also think that it's going to take a long time to get rid of the stigma of playing his whole career in the weaker conference and riding that to several uninspiring finals appearances.

I don't know what he could have done differently last year to improve his brand, but he's made it clear to everyone that his top priority is making the maximum amount of money first, control second, and winning 3rd.

It ****ing eats him alive... How much curry is loved by the other players currently in the game and the fans and the media and how he already has a championship and how much help he has.. James had it harder than Jordan/Kobe combined because of the social media aspect and the king stuff and the lack of help and small market he had... So watching someone like curry surpass him and have that kind of help and this much love is keeping him up at night.

ghettosean
03-24-2016, 08:58 PM

This is the kind of talk that helps James Harden and Dwight Howard sleep well at night.

Edit:

Just bolded the biggest part of your post I disagree with.

Chronz
03-24-2016, 09:23 PM
This is the kind of talk that helps James Harden and Dwight Howard sleep well at night.
Are you implying any thing we say troubles them to begin with?

My post helps alot more than those legitimate stars.

Chronz
03-24-2016, 09:31 PM
while all of this is true, you can't possibly say LeBron doesn't come off at times like nothing is his fault, and even worse at times, like people should feel sorry for him.

Not sure i agree with your facts but I'll admit im not that educated when it comes to the gossip mill. From various accounts he's one of the more calculated interviewers, that it's hard to get an authentic Bron response because he's so guarded. Read "the whore of Akron" for his view but the guy isn't the bad speaker or idiot you claim imo. Rather, he doesn't give a **** about pleasing everyone, at least in the cases I've seen people trash him. There are clear cases where he's been a complete idiot but i think you're reaching with some of your claims

Social media really magnifies his flaws tho. I think he's uneducated but smart enough to not be deemed this dunce you make him to be.

ghettosean
03-24-2016, 10:00 PM
Are you implying any thing we say troubles them to begin with?

My post helps alot more than those legitimate stars.

Listen Chronz I just think your post is (rhymes with bass) backwards leadership is essential to a good team and can 100% improve production versus having a clowns lead your team which can detract from production.

Based on your post on production matters most how do you explain Dwight Howard and James Harden with little variance in PER from last year to this year with virtually the same squad going from getting to the eastern conference finals to fighting to get a playoff spot.

Its piss poor leadership... Say what you want at this point but no defense Harden and Dwight stickum Howard are examples that leadership is a very valuable quality.

It's OK though there's no proof blah blah blah... Blinder mode on... Lol and SMH.

Chronz
03-24-2016, 10:09 PM
Listen Chronz I just think your post is (rhymes with bass) backwards leadership is essential to a good team and can 100% improve production versus having a clowns lead your team which can detract from production.

Based on your post on production matters most how do you explain Dwight Howard and James Harden with little variance in PER from last year to this year with virtually the same squad going from getting to the eastern conference finals to fighting to get a playoff spot.

Its piss poor leadership... Say what you want at this point but no defense Harden and Dwight stickum Howard are examples that leadership is a very valuable quality.

It's OK though there's no proof blah blah blah... Blinder mode on... Lol and SMH.

Lol. PER equates to production for you?

What of counter examples when those leaders can no longer produce and their teams decline with them? If there is proof, you've done a poor job of displaying it

Scoots
03-24-2016, 10:15 PM

The Warriors without Draymond Green are just a very entertaining playoff team. With his manic drive to win he doesn't allow slack anywhere. He leads with words, with work, and with action. What helps him a lot is that he's got a very good team that really wants to be lead ... I don't think LeBron has that advantage.

ghettosean
03-24-2016, 10:28 PM

Lol. PER equates to production for you?

What of counter examples when those leaders can no longer produce and their teams decline with them? If there is proof, you've done a poor job of displaying it

Lol... Where do you get your blinders and how much do they cost?

We'll have to agree to disagree... Lol

IKnowHoops
03-24-2016, 11:16 PM
“I just told him we can’t have that, being down like we were and him being the leader,” Lue told cleveland.com.

This sums it up for me again with now the coach talking about poor leadership qualities. Again where are the people who were crucifying me earlier when I said Lebron has poor leadership skills/qualities.

Acting like it's impossible to comment on it give me a friggin break dude is as poor as leader's come. Being a leader is more than putting up stats on the court... Much much more but I don't think Lebron will ever figure that out.

Feeling bad for Cleveland.

You should feel bad for your team. Chances are they are in a much much worse position.

Chronz
03-24-2016, 11:37 PM

Keep dismissing counter view points playa, you'll never be wrong again

Nikeman
03-24-2016, 11:48 PM
I was going to make a thread about this, but my theory is simple.. LeBron has gotten so used to the media sucking his jock for the past decade and now that everyone is onto Steph Curry's he is acting out like a whiny child who's parents have neglected him. His twitter " Da vinci code" BS, his unfollowing the Cavs BS, his snapchats with RJ mocking the media, his behaviors, are all just pathetic attempts for attention. LeBron needs his tremendously large ego stroked and when its not he's a baby, to an extent just like Cam Newton.

Comments such as I'd love to play with my butt buddies Wade, Paul and Melo before games, leaving his own locker room to hangout with D-Wade during halftime in the middle of a game... its all selfish moves. I would shocked if the Cavs players aren't noticing this, and this type of **** will cause annoyance and disturbance in the locker room. Calling out Love publicly on Twitter is a complete ***** move. LeBron is making this about him, and not the Cavs.

All this **** LeBron is doing, you never ever see a player like Kobe, Duncan, Curry, etc etc pull. The whole I need to delete social media to focus.... BS.... Kobe never needed to delete any of his social media accounts to focus, and his focus is 10x greater than LeBron's can ever be. Its all a cry for attention and its pathetic. You can clearly tell he's just a ring chaser who left us because he thought Cleveland with Kyrie and Love would lead to more championships for himself, ant Cavs fan who think he came back because he "went to college in Miami" or "loves Cleveland" is clearly idiotic. The man deeply regrets leaving us, and its evident. He has finally realized his two superstars, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving do not know how to play defense, and his current team as constructed isn't winning ****.

Grow the **** up LeBron.

ewing
03-25-2016, 12:01 AM

he walked out on 2 teams on the cusp and now publicly talk about playing elsewhere during a championship run. he can make it all disappear with his play- we saw that with the dunk he had the other night but fact is LeBron is a *****. Truly great leaders create a cult. Ewing played in NY and they didn't give a **** about the rest of the world. Thats why they overachieved for a decade. You see it in coaches too. David West says a big difference playing for Pop is the all the focus is on us, what other team are doing means ****. LeBron has never been able to create an us verse the world culture b/c he is all about LeBron.

ewing
03-25-2016, 12:09 AM
I was going to make a thread about this, but my theory is simple.. LeBron has gotten so used to the media sucking his jock for the past decade and now that everyone is onto Steph Curry's he is acting out like a whiny child who's parents have neglected him. His twitter " Da vinci code" BS, his unfollowing the Cavs BS, his snapchats with RJ mocking the media, his behaviors, are all just pathetic attempts for attention. LeBron needs his tremendously large ego stroked and when its not he's a baby, to an extent just like Cam Newton.

Comments such as I'd love to play with my butt buddies Wade, Paul and Melo before games, leaving his own locker room to hangout with D-Wade during halftime in the middle of a game... its all selfish moves. I would shocked if the Cavs players aren't noticing this, and this type of **** will cause annoyance and disturbance in the locker room. Calling out Love publicly on Twitter is a complete ***** move. LeBron is making this about him, and not the Cavs.

All this **** LeBron is doing, you never ever see a player like Kobe, Duncan, Curry, etc etc pull. The whole I need to delete social media to focus.... BS.... Kobe never needed to delete any of his social media accounts to focus, and his focus is 10x greater than LeBron's can ever be. Its all a cry for attention and its pathetic. You can clearly tell he's just a ring chaser who left us because he thought Cleveland with Kyrie and Love would lead to more championships for himself, ant Cavs fan who think he came back because he "went to college in Miami" or "loves Cleveland" is clearly idiotic. The man deeply regrets leaving us, and its evident. He has finally realized his two superstars, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving do not know how to play defense, and his current team as constructed isn't winning ****.

Grow the **** up LeBron.

Boom!

ghettosean
03-25-2016, 12:11 AM

Keep dismissing counter view points playa, you'll never be wrong again

Well in your initial post i replied to you are saying individual production is more valuable because of buckets which is ridiculous because you are measuring individual production while neglecting team production and leadership can clearly influence team production.

I've had a few to many beers Chronz if your sober I hope you can put together a better argument than you have.

Or keep the blinders on whatever feels good bro :D

ghettosean
03-25-2016, 12:24 AM

Grow the **** up LeBron.

Nailed it!!! Couldn't be said any better than this... Great post!!!

WaDe03
03-25-2016, 12:40 AM

Grow the **** up LeBron.

My god......I never thought I would see so much greatness in one post!

DboneG
03-26-2016, 09:30 AM
LeBron clearly knows what he's doing. He want Mark Jackson as the coach. Tyrone Lue can go back to being an assistant coach for the team. There's a struggle going on. The GM knows that if Mark Jackson comes aboard...Mark is a clear threat to take his job in the future. So, LeBron throw all these distractions out there so, this Quicken Loans guy can chime in. This Quicken Loans guy knows the impact LeBron has...If LeBron James were a corporation, he would be on the NYSE. LeBron estimate his worth is to the Cleveland economy could be a billion dollars. LeBron's value to the Cavs...huge!

And YOU GUYS say LeBron should shut up and play basketball...lol

McAllen Tx
03-26-2016, 10:53 AM
I think in LBJs perfect world he wants all his booty buddies to want go play in Cleveland with him. Since he has been so great, players should want to go play with him wherever he is. But since his buddies arent making him the center of their universe he's having a BF.

I think Cleveland has the assets to get the players (CP3 & Melo) he wants but what if them players dont want to go to Cleveland. Plus Wade would have to play for vet minimum.

He needs to grow the **** up and realize the NBA is his job and not his playground.

Its been a long time since Ive heard him talk about winning, alls you seem ti hear from him is about his friends and he wants to play with them.

Scoots
03-26-2016, 11:39 AM
I wonder how much of a problem LeBron has with Love because he's not a Nike player?

D Blue987
03-26-2016, 01:03 PM
I think in LBJs perfect world he wants all his booty buddies to want go play in Cleveland with him. Since he has been so great, players should want to go play with him wherever he is. But since his buddies arent making him the center of their universe he's having a BF.

I think Cleveland has the assets to get the players (CP3 & Melo) he wants but what if them players dont want to go to Cleveland. Plus Wade would have to play for vet minimum.

He needs to grow the **** up and realize the NBA is his job and not his playground.

Its been a long time since Ive heard him talk about winning, alls you seem ti hear from him is about his friends and he wants to play with them.

Lebron is bailing on Cleveland again after this season and where ever he signs he will try to accumulate more superstars to form a super team again. He can't win a championship with the current Cavs squad. Nobody is beating Golden State this year except potentially the Spurs but that is a long shot. Clearly Lebron has no chemistry on the current Cavs team or other players aren't comfortable playing underneath him. He is never going to win another ring playing in Cleveland.

beasted86
03-26-2016, 02:57 PM

Grow the **** up LeBron.

:clap:

McAllen Tx
03-27-2016, 09:41 AM
Lebron is bailing on Cleveland again after this season and where ever he signs he will try to accumulate more superstars to form a super team again. He can't win a championship with the current Cavs squad. Nobody is beating Golden State this year except potentially the Spurs but that is a long shot. Clearly Lebron has no chemistry on the current Cavs team or other players aren't comfortable playing underneath him. He is never going to win another ring playing in Cleveland.

Im not gonna count out Cleveland beating the Warriors if they are healthy. LBJ is still capable of having all time great series. He just looks bored right now.

As far as him leaving Cleveland there are very few teams I think he would even consider. If he leaves Cleveland its to a team where he can play with his friends and theres only a few teams that can pull that off, Lakers being one of them especially if they get a top 2 pick. They can trade Russ, Young and Randle for Melo & the pick, Williams and JC (S/T) for Paul. Something along those lines then just sign both Wade & LBJ.

I think he stays in Cleveland though.

Jamiecballer
03-28-2016, 03:37 PM

I'm not sure a subjective statement can ever be a fact can it???

Jamiecballer
03-28-2016, 03:40 PM

Edit:

Just bolded the biggest part of your post I disagree with.
Lmao well played sir!

Hawkeye15
03-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Not sure i agree with your facts but I'll admit im not that educated when it comes to the gossip mill. From various accounts he's one of the more calculated interviewers, that it's hard to get an authentic Bron response because he's so guarded. Read "the whore of Akron" for his view but the guy isn't the bad speaker or idiot you claim imo. Rather, he doesn't give a **** about pleasing everyone, at least in the cases I've seen people trash him. There are clear cases where he's been a complete idiot but i think you're reaching with some of your claims

Social media really magnifies his flaws tho. I think he's uneducated but smart enough to not be deemed this dunce you make him to be.

I don't think he is a dunce. Stupid men don't create a business empire. I think he comes off as someone who doesn't take absolute responsibility in his failures. I also think at times he sounds like he wants people to feel sorry for him.

These aren't facts, they are how I perceive him at times, and I have heard the same from many others.

I don't equate that to leadership per say, I think that is done on the court. But LeBron doesn't make it any easier on himself when he opens his mouth many times. And yes, if he farts nowadays, the media will turn it into a negative spin, that **** doesn't help either...

Hawkeye15
03-28-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure a subjective statement can ever be a fact can it???

probably not, but anyone who thinks he doesn't stick his foot in his mouth in front of a mic many times, isn't really listening

Jamiecballer
03-29-2016, 03:16 PM
I don't necessarily agree. I think it's more like a media firestorm is created over each innocuous statement, and that overreaction is carried over and fuels the next overreaction and the next, until nobody remembers how each comment or incident really was. He's a media created villain.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2016, 03:28 PM
I don't necessarily agree. I think it's more like a media firestorm is created over each innocuous statement, and that overreaction is carried over and fuels the next overreaction and the next, until nobody remembers how each comment or incident really was. He's a media created villain.

I more or less agree with that. It's the single reason I started to pull for him. By around 2009, I couldn't believe how much hate he was getting. Like why? So I started to root for him.

Scoots
03-29-2016, 04:14 PM
LeBron has manufactured his image ... things haven't always gone the way he wants, but he can't un-say the things he said or un-do the things he's done.

I don't think he's a bad guy or a bad teammate, but because of the situation he's manipulated himself into every mis-step is magnified and his reactions are magnified and others reactions are magnified. Nobody can control it ... but make no mistake LeBron created it.

Maybe, if he stopped trying to control things people's opinions might change.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2016, 04:17 PM
LeBron has manufactured his image ... things haven't always gone the way he wants, but he can't un-say the things he said or un-do the things he's done.

I don't think he's a bad guy or a bad teammate, but because of the situation he's manipulated himself into every mis-step is magnified and his reactions are magnified and others reactions are magnified. Nobody can control it ... but make no mistake LeBron created it.

easier said than done when the media and fans have followed you around like they are puppies since you were 15, and called you "The King".

Scoots
03-29-2016, 04:20 PM
easier said than done when the media and fans have followed you around like they are puppies since you were 15, and called you "The King".

Yeah. But it's one thing he's never tried.

Hawkeye15
03-29-2016, 04:27 PM
Yeah. But it's one thing he's never tried.

agreed. I just think the dude needs to shut up in front of a mic. But that is me

Chromehounds
03-29-2016, 05:51 PM

You're right he's not a bad guy/teammate, he only makes disgusted faces when his teammate missed a shot or didn't pass him the ball, besides that he's all good. ;)

Lebron is as fake as a three-dollar bill dude, if you can help him win, he'll pretend to be your friend. He'll be the first one jumping off the team once it starts losing.

Chromehounds
03-29-2016, 05:56 PM

Grow the **** up LeBron.

Nice post!
I'm sure he's still a great leader, 'cause he can post up. Oh, and maybe it's the Curry's affect that's making his insecured mind to act up. ;)

tdg823
03-29-2016, 06:00 PM

How exactly does that sycophantic, fawning behavior constitute making one a media villain? If you ask me he's brought it on himself and the media covered for his childishness for years. And I don't think it was the media's idea to get "chosen one" tattooed on his back. What age was that done at, anyone know? The ego preceded the media attention. In fairness though he has never given the environment for healthy development it seems, from his upbringing, to the world being given to him and his ***** thoroughly kissed from such a young age. Maybe a Micheal Jackson comparison might be reasonable in that regard? I could see Lebron owning a monkey in ten years, him and Kanye in their own amusement park/ranch/entertainment venue...

Scoots
03-29-2016, 06:13 PM
I do think LeBron can be a great teammate ... But the only time he was a member of a team was a few years in Miami. He's never had a chance to develop normal social skills and he has brought it on himself.

The tattoo was long after he was anointed by espn.