PDA

View Full Version : NBA Free Agency Predictions 2016

Gander13SM
03-23-2016, 12:51 PM
Just because I'm bored, I took a look at the entire free agency pool (ignoring restricted guys like Drummond) and compiled what I think are the most interesting available players.

Where do you think each player ends up?

Guards

- Mike Conley
- Rajon Rondo
- DeMar DeRozan
- Dwyane Wade
- Eric Gordon
- Brandon Jennings

Forwards

- Kevin Durant
- LeBron James
- Chandler Parsons
- Nicolas Batum
- Luol Deng
- Harrison Barnes

Bigs

- Al Horford
- Dwight Howard
- Hassan Whiteside
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Tim Duncan
- Al Jefferson
- Ryan Anderson
- Joakim Noah
- Pau Gasol

My guesses

- Mike Conley (MEM/NYK)
- DeMar DeRozan (TOR/LAL)
- Dwyane Wade (MIA)
- Kevin Durant (OKC/GSW/SAS)
- LeBron James (CLE)
- Chandler Parsons (DAL/GSW?)
- Nicolas Batum (CHA)
- Al Horford (ATL)
- Dwight Howard (HOU/BOS)
- Hassan Whiteside (MIA/HOU/LAL)
- Dirk Nowitzki (DAL/retire)
- Tim Duncan (SAS/retire)
- Al Jefferson (NYK/CHA)

Scoots
03-23-2016, 02:47 PM
Isn't Barnes restricted?

Dade County
03-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Lakers: (Going After)... Maybe gets 1
KD
LBJ
Demar DeRozan
Howard

HEAT:
Wade
KD
Whiteside

Hornets:
Joakim Noah or Howard

GS:
Harrison Barnes

Boston / Raptors
Ryan Anderson
Parsons

Scoots
03-23-2016, 03:15 PM
KD
LBJ
Demar DeRozan
Howard

Boston / Raptors
Ryan Anderson
Persons

You think the Lakers are going to make a run at LBJ? At Howard?!?!

Who is Persons?

Vee-Rex
03-23-2016, 03:35 PM
I really hope KD chooses Washington or Boston. He'd be the piece to put them into contender status. I'd probably prefer Washington over Boston because it's his hometown, it'll renew the Cavs/Wizards rivalry, and I've never seen a contending Washington team in my lifetime, so it'll be a fresh thing for the NBA.

Scoots
03-23-2016, 04:02 PM
I really hope KD chooses Washington or Boston. He'd be the piece to put them into contender status. I'd probably prefer Washington over Boston because it's his hometown, it'll renew the Cavs/Wizards rivalry, and I've never seen a contending Washington team in my lifetime, so it'll be a fresh thing for the NBA.

I think Boston is run better than Washington, but it would be fun to see him go home.

Dade County
03-23-2016, 04:03 PM
You think the Lakers are going to make a run at LBJ? At Howard?!?!

Who is Persons?

Sorry Parsons...

I know Howard seems out there, but if they miss on Lbj & KD, I see them going after Howard because Kobe isn't there anymore.

& yes I see the Lakers trying to pull a big move and grab both Lbj & KD, it just makes sense to me. They need a big move to bring them back, and GS might just defeat both OKC(KD), & the Cav's(Lbj); this post season, & them teaming up might just organically happen.

So you just want him to be just good enough for a show, but never being able to truly win anything..smh

You should want KD to go to Miami then if you are looking for a true rivalry...Pat getting his hands on KD, would lead to bigger moves by Pat in the future.

Vee-Rex
03-23-2016, 04:24 PM
So you just want him to be just good enough for a show, but never being able to truly win anything..smh

You should want KD to go to Miami then if you are looking for a true rivalry...Pat getting his hands on KD, would lead to bigger moves by Pat in the future.

You don't think a team with KD, Wall, Beal, Gortat, and Morris could win anything? I think it'd put them in immediate contender status for the finals. That's a great core to have.

Either way, I just liked the idea because I felt Washington was a huge rival for us. I'm less interested in having a rivalry with Miami over a diva like LeBron.

xxplayerxx23
03-23-2016, 05:10 PM
KD
LBJ
Demar DeRozan
Howard

HEAT:
Wade
KD
Whiteside

Hornets:
Joakim Noah or Howard

GS:
Harrison Barnes

Boston / Raptors
Ryan Anderson
Parsons

Wait so KD to Miami ? What a shock from you

Saddletramp
03-23-2016, 06:29 PM
Just because I'm bored, I took a look at the entire free agency pool (ignoring restricted guys like Drummond) and compiled what I think are the most interesting available players.

Guards

- Mike Conley
- Rajon Rondo
- DeMar DeRozan
- Dwyane Wade
- Eric Gordon
- Brandon Jennings

Forwards

- Kevin Durant
- LeBron James
- Chandler Parsons
- Nicolas Batum
- Luol Deng
- Harrison Barnes

Bigs

- Al Horford
- Dwight Howard
- Hassan Whiteside
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Tim Duncan
- Al Jefferson
- Ryan Anderson
- Joakim Noah
- Pau Gasol

My guesses

- Mike Conley (MEM/NYK)
- Dwyane Wade (MIA)
- LeBron James (CLE)
- Nicolas Batum (CHA)
- Al Horford (ATL)
- Al Jefferson (NYK/CHA)

If GS wants Parsons, they'll just match Barnes. Both aren't worth $20 million but at least Barnes has durable knees. I can't think of any reason GS would go after Parsons unless he only wanted $10M a year or so. He'll go to the highest bidder.

Gander13SM
03-23-2016, 06:33 PM
If GS wants Parsons, they'll just match Barnes. Both aren't worth $20 million but at least Barnes has durable knees. I can't think of any reason GS would go after Parsons unless he only wanted $10M a year or so. He'll go to the highest bidder.

Parsons is clearly the better player. Barnes hasn't proven much really. They would be foolish to keep Barnes. The only thing he has over Barnes is upside/age but I doubt he reaches his potential as the 6th option (on a good night) for the Dubs. He would be better developing his game with a lotto team where he could be a 2nd or 3rd option offensively.

Hell they would be better signing Matt Barnes again.

Saddletramp
03-23-2016, 07:54 PM
Parsons is clearly the better player. Barnes hasn't proven much really. They would be foolish to keep Barnes. The only thing he has over Barnes is upside/age but I doubt he reaches his potential as the 6th option (on a good night) for the Dubs. He would be better developing his game with a lotto team where he could be a 2nd or 3rd option offensively.

Hell they would be better signing Matt Barnes again.

I assume you mean Parsons, not Barnes.

My point was, they're going to be similarly paid and GS has control on keeping Barnes. Why would they let him walk and sign Parsons, who's had knee problems two years straight and upset chemistry (since Curry and company have said they're doing everything possible to get him his max this year-not many think he is/they are, though)?

But unless they can flip him as part of that Durant package, they're going to pay him.

Dade County
03-23-2016, 10:45 PM
You don't think a team with KD, Wall, Beal, Gortat, and Morris could win anything? I think it'd put them in immediate contender status for the finals. That's a great core to have.

Either way, I just liked the idea because I felt Washington was a huge rival for us. I'm less interested in having a rivalry with Miami over a diva like LeBron.

Man, The Wiz are not even truly in the playoff hunt as of right now. KD on it can push them to the ECF or the 2nd rd yes, but what does that truly mean? Lbj would still beat them or a team out West.

Wait so KD to Miami ? What a shock from you

:nod: Well of course.

LoL

Scoots
03-24-2016, 12:12 AM
I like Parsons, but it seems his game has plateaued and his knees are 35 years old.

Htownballa1622
03-24-2016, 10:36 AM
All I know is Durant is coming to Houston and possibly Horford. :D

How do I know?:smoking:

I don't. :confused:

But if Durant doesn't. I'll just be sad. lol :(

ghettosean
03-24-2016, 10:53 AM
Howard either goes to Dallas or Boston which makes the most sense in my opinion.

Lebron hopefully stays in Cleveland since this is the 2nd time he's promised he won't leave until he delivers a championship to his home state/team.

Scoots
03-24-2016, 12:01 PM
Howard needs a pass first PG ... what if he went to the Wolves and Towns moved to the 4?

mike_noodles
03-24-2016, 12:14 PM

Guards

- Mike Conley
- Rajon Rondo
- DeMar DeRozan
- Dwyane Wade
- Eric Gordon
- Brandon Jennings

Forwards

- Kevin Durant
- LeBron James
- Chandler Parsons
- Nicolas Batum
- Luol Deng
- Harrison Barnes

Bigs

- Al Horford
- Dwight Howard
- Hassan Whiteside
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Tim Duncan
- Al Jefferson
- Ryan Anderson
- Joakim Noah
- Pau Gasol

My guesses

- Mike Conley (MEM/NYK)
- Dwyane Wade (MIA)
- LeBron James (CLE)
- Nicolas Batum (CHA)
- Al Horford (ATL)
- Al Jefferson (NYK/CHA)

You are bold. Everyone returning to their previous team.

celticsman2009
03-24-2016, 12:22 PM
Celtics:

FA:
Horford
(Durant is a stretch)

Draft Jakob Poetl

PG- Thomas/Rozier
SG- Bradley/Smart
SF- (Durant)/Crowder
PF- Horford/Sullinger
C- Poetl/Zeller

WaDe03
03-24-2016, 12:40 PM
LeBron will probably be back in Miami.

ZHawk1123
03-24-2016, 01:09 PM
Celtics:

FA:
Horford
(Durant is a stretch)

Draft Jakob Poetl

PG- Thomas/Rozier
SG- Bradley/Smart
SF- (Durant)/Crowder
PF- Horford/Sullinger
C- Poetl/Zeller

I don't think Durant to Boston is as much of a stretch as some people think it is... They can make arguably a better pitch than most teams involved:

Best young coach in the NBA, a young, talented core, 3 firsts (top 5, 14-18, 20s) and 4 seconds in the upcoming draft, lottery picks in 2017 and 2018 from the Nets, they're already good in the Eastern Conference, you can be the face of the most storied franchise in basketball for the foreseeable future, you can have your own team instead of sharing a team with another superstar... Call me crazy, but whats not to like about that pitch?

Durant seems to be a "different" type of dude. I don't think he's one to get hung up on "Boston isn't a sexy place to play" like most FA's tend to do.

europagnpilgrim
03-24-2016, 01:50 PM
I don't think Durant to Boston is as much of a stretch as some people think it is... They can make arguably a better pitch than most teams involved:

Best young coach in the NBA, a young, talented core, 3 firsts (top 5, 14-18, 20s) and 4 seconds in the upcoming draft, lottery picks in 2017 and 2018 from the Nets, they're already good in the Eastern Conference, you can be the face of the most storied franchise in basketball for the foreseeable future, you can have your own team instead of sharing a team with another superstar... Call me crazy, but whats not to like about that pitch?

Durant seems to be a "different" type of dude. I don't think he's one to get hung up on "Boston isn't a sexy place to play" like most FA's tend to do.

Boston has a good young coach and a decent core, Isaiah is young with the most talent but he is The Answer height so he has about maxed out what he is capable of doing, the rest of the core is decent

and those 3 first rd picks don't mean jack to a player about to enter his 10th year in the league, Durant is one of the faces of the NBA so wherever he lands it will remain that way, he has a major shoe deal and in more commercials than any solo act player, been that way for past few years, but if Durant chooses Beantown he will make it a 'sexy' place because I'm sure a couple players would have no problem teaming up with the Durantula but the current crop of players are not better than his support cast in OKC

now if they add a Horford or Boogie (more him) to team up with Durant in Beantown then it could be something dynamic, adding a sniper or two would help also, like a Korver/R Anderson

that's the value of those 3 firsts, they need to pull a KG/R Allen for those assets

europagnpilgrim
03-24-2016, 01:57 PM
Boston has a good young coach and a decent core, Isaiah is young with the most talent but he is The Answer height so he has about maxed out what he is capable of doing, the rest of the core is decent

and those 3 first rd picks don't mean jack to a player about to enter his 10th year in the league, Durant is one of the faces of the NBA so wherever he lands it will remain that way, he has a major shoe deal and in more commercials than any solo act player, been that way for past few years, but if Durant chooses Beantown he will make it a 'sexy' place because I'm sure a couple players would have no problem teaming up with the Durantula but the current crop of players are not better than his support cast in OKC

now if they add a Horford or Boogie (more him) to team up with Durant in Beantown then it could be something dynamic, adding a sniper or two would help also, like a Korver/R Anderson

that's the value of those 3 firsts, they need to pull a KG/R Allen for those assets

DanG
03-24-2016, 02:34 PM
LeBron - Warriors to play with his friend Varejao.

Gander13SM
03-24-2016, 03:37 PM
You are bold. Everyone returning to their previous team.

Aside from LeBron and his antics when was the last time there was five or six high caliber free agents switching teams during the same offseason?

I'm just being realistic. It's always hyped up and it always disappoints.

Saddletramp
03-24-2016, 07:17 PM

Sign Ryan Anderson and trade those picks for Cousins and I'm pretty sure Durant will at least strongly consider it.

Thomas/Bradley/Durant/Anderson/Cousins would easily contend with anyone out East. Especially if they kept Crowder/Smart/some of those Bigs.

Dade County
03-24-2016, 11:19 PM
Sign Ryan Anderson and trade those picks for Cousins and I'm pretty sure Durant will at least strongly consider it.

Thomas/Bradley/Durant/Anderson/Cousins would easily contend with anyone out East. Especially if they kept Crowder/Smart/some of those Bigs.

Good team, but not a championship winning core. I say Cav's beat them in 6, factoring in scripted games.

OKC:

West
3&D(young player) or Nicolas Batum
KD
Anderson
Ibaka

Saddletramp
03-25-2016, 12:16 AM
Good team, but not a championship winning core. I say Cav's beat them in 6, factoring in scripted games.

OKC:

West
KD
Anderson
Ibaka

That would be nice, too, but I doubt the OKC front office will pay Anderson and Batum $20 million per year each. Plus, what if Westbrook leaves? I'd imagine if KD stays, it's either with RWB agreeing (behind closed doors) not to leave next year or KD would sign that one year that's been talked about so he can get super max money next year (but also feeling out what the OKC FO will do and if Westy really stay).

I'm sure he'd prefer to stay, but he's given them plenty of time. Might be time for him to move on.

Edit: Plus, that Celtics team wouldn't have a problem in the East against anyone except the Cavs (and maybe the Heat if they tinker). In the West there's still SA, GS, and no telling if the Clippers (Owner) figure(s) it out before everyone bolts on Doc.

Dade County
03-25-2016, 09:24 AM
That would be nice, too, but I doubt the OKC front office will pay Anderson and Batum $20 million per year each. Plus, what if Westbrook leaves? I'd imagine if KD stays, it's either with RWB agreeing (behind closed doors) not to leave next year or KD would sign that one year that's been talked about so he can get super max money next year (but also feeling out what the OKC FO will do and if Westy really stay).

I'm sure he'd prefer to stay, but he's given them plenty of time. Might be time for him to move on.

Edit: Plus, that Celtics team wouldn't have a problem in the East against anyone except the Cavs (and maybe the Heat if they tinker). In the West there's still SA, GS, and no telling if the Clippers (Owner) figure(s) it out before everyone bolts on Doc.

No way they are wroth 20mil per year each. If thats their open market at the end of the season, expect them to be on middle of the pack teams or bottom feeders.

McAllen Tx
03-25-2016, 09:48 AM
LeBron will probably be back in Miami.

Riley isnt Gilbert. No way Riley puts up w/ LBJs crap and no way LBJ gonna let Riley put conditions on him.

That split up is like Kobe/Shaqs, they trying to win w/o the other.

Scoots
03-25-2016, 10:12 AM
No way they are wroth 20mil per year each. If thats their open market at the end of the season, expect them to be on middle of the pack teams or bottom feeders.

This FA year will be looked back on as the year of the bad contract. There will be a bunch of max contracts signed that will never pay off.

By the way, if a contract is a "max" contract there are provisions for the contract to increase based on the cap and other salaries so most "max" contracts are not actually "max" contracts to avoid that provision they are just short of the actual max.

Saddletramp
03-25-2016, 02:32 PM

This year might be different because of the insane jump in cap but if they get $20M offers from Minny or Brooklyn and only $15M offers from the elite, they'll probably go with the money.

Green_Monster
03-25-2016, 03:05 PM

OKC:

West
KD
Anderson
Ibaka

Thomas/Bradley/Durant/Anderson/Cousins could definitely be a championship winning core. What's not to like about that team?

You can stop with the scripted garbage too. No one is buying that. It's silly and annoying.

mrblisterdundee
03-25-2016, 03:09 PM
I hope the Blazers take a hard run at Harrison Barnes, even if they have to outbid Golden State. That dude would be perfect.

Scoots
03-25-2016, 03:18 PM
I hope the Blazers take a hard run at Harrison Barnes, even if they have to outbid Golden State. That dude would be perfect.

It may be that you and I are the only people on PSD who see any value in Barnes.

Gander13SM
03-25-2016, 03:47 PM
It may be that you and I are the only people in the solar system who see any value in Barnes.

Fixed.

Barnes best chance is to sign with a team where he will be their 2nd or 3rd option on offense. And even then he'll only ever be a high volume scorer that can sort of defend some times.

I was really high on him coming into the league. Had him pegged as the Warriors second best player by this point. He's done nothing but disappoint since he entered the league, aside from one playoff series against San Antonio and one highlight dunk against Pekovic.

Scoots
03-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Fixed.

Barnes best chance is to sign with a team where he will be their 2nd or 3rd option on offense. And even then he'll only ever be a high volume scorer that can sort of defend some times.

I was really high on him coming into the league. Had him pegged as the Warriors second best player by this point. He's done nothing but disappoint since he entered the league, aside from one playoff series against San Antonio and one highlight dunk against Pekovic.

See what I mean mrblisterdundee?

He's not great, but he's not garbage either. He's a good defender and a good shooter and decent at most other aspects of the game. He's going to be instrumental in a few wins and he's not likely to lose you many games. He's a decent pro.

Barnes has disappointed based on his draft position, but his issue in college was aggressiveness so I don't know why people thought it would suddenly change as a pro. In redrafts he'd be taken around 7 last year. He's had a bad year in large part it seems because of an injury and possibly pressure to perform for a new contract. But he's a very good role player on a team with potential to grow at just 23 years old.

WaDe03
03-25-2016, 06:38 PM
Nah I agree with you guys. Barnes is very very good.

basketballkitty
03-25-2016, 09:13 PM
Barnes is good on a good Warriors team. However, in the time when both Curry and Klay were out imjured, Barnes came up very short. He is not a 1st option or even a 2nd option. The deal he rejected was even more then I would ever offer him in free agency. But he is too good to just let go. So I expect Golden State will let someone else set his value, then match that offer, and either trade him then, or wait to deal him later.

Dade County
03-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Thomas/Bradley/Durant/Anderson/Cousins could definitely be a championship winning core. What's not to like about that team?

You can stop with the scripted garbage too. No one is buying that. It's silly and annoying.

I dont believe the play of your pg & sg can play at a high enough level to get pass the ECF. & if they did, i believe they would get cooked by a team out West.

Also, i dont no how Cousins will perform in a heated playoff contest. Sorry, i dont trust him for nothing. Not saying he isn't talented.

Dade County
03-25-2016, 10:21 PM
This FA year will be looked back on as the year of the bad contract. There will be a bunch of max contracts signed that will never pay off.

By the way, if a contract is a "max" contract there are provisions for the contract to increase based on the cap and other salaries so most "max" contracts are not actually "max" contracts to avoid that provision they are just short of the actual max.
This year might be different because of the insane jump in cap but if they get $20M offers from Minny or Brooklyn and only $15M offers from the elite, they'll probably go with the money.

20mil for Anderson & or Batum... Then Whiteside should get 35mil a year then.

Lockout.

Green_Monster
03-26-2016, 11:21 AM
I dont believe the play of your pg & sg can play at a high enough level to get pass the ECF. & if they did, i believe they would get cooked by a team out West.

Also, i dont no how Cousins will perform in a heated playoff contest. Sorry, i dont trust him for nothing. Not saying he isn't talented.

Thomas is playing at a very high level right now. Bradley would be the 5th best player and would basically be a 3&D guy. That team is more than talented enough.

Saddletramp
03-26-2016, 04:28 PM
20mil for Anderson & or Batum... Then Whiteside should get 35mil a year then.

Lockout.

Sure, when he plays long enough at a high level to earn it. Which he hasn't. They'll get overpaid, but at least they have the years and productivity to at least be in a position to get that money.

Forever35
03-27-2016, 09:44 AM
I think everything will go right for the C's this off-season...

#1 pick - Simmons will redefine the point/forward position...

KD will sign a LeBron type 2yr deal with the C's...

Simmons to KD will resonate in Boston...

basketballkitty
03-27-2016, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=Scoots;30812584]This FA year will be looked back on as the year of the bad contract. There will be a bunch of max contracts signed that will never pay off.

Or this could be the year where the NBA owners have their own version of " Collusion " and secretly not to outbidone another on huge deals for what likely will be a bunch of Ordinary players.

Scoots
03-27-2016, 12:20 PM
Or this could be the year where the NBA owners have their own version of " Collusion " and secretly not to outbidone another on huge deals for what likely will be a bunch of Ordinary players.
What other version of collusion is there?

Chances of collusion keeping prices down is pretty small this year. The cba means that collusion is legal ... The max contract is collusion and my guess is the owners won't feel the need to go beyond that.

Alayla
03-27-2016, 02:02 PM
It may be that you and I are the only people on PSD who see any value in Barnes.

I have seen value in him since I saw him at the McDonald's All American game would throw a max at him if that's what it takes if I'm Hinkie I think the guy is just waiting for a breakout.

mavwar53
03-27-2016, 02:59 PM
See what I mean mrblisterdundee?

He's not great, but he's not garbage either. He's a good defender and a good shooter and decent at most other aspects of the game. He's going to be instrumental in a few wins and he's not likely to lose you many games. He's a decent pro.

Barnes has disappointed based on his draft position, but his issue in college was aggressiveness so I don't know why people thought it would suddenly change as a pro. In redrafts he'd be taken around 7 last year. He's had a bad year in large part it seems because of an injury and possibly pressure to perform for a new contract. But he's a very good role player on a team with potential to grow at just 23 years old.

I've always like Barnes, he seems to miss out on his potential though, he has the strength and athleticism as well as a good shot but he the last 2 months or so his best plays have been hustle plays and to a lesser extent defensive plays. Offensively though it just constant disappointment. I've nicknamed him MidRangeGame due to him taking 90% of his shots from 15-20 ft whether he's going against a 7 footer or J.J. Barea. He lacks an offensive skill set but he's great for the Warriors because of his hustle and ability to man up against all PFs except for Diaw basically.

Blink
03-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Detroit needs a really good backup PG.

Scoots
03-27-2016, 03:26 PM
Detroit needs a really good backup PG.

Shame they didn't pick up Ray McCallum after the Spurs cut him. I think he'd have been a good backup.

Shammyguy3
03-28-2016, 12:47 AM
I've always like Barnes, he seems to miss out on his potential though, he has the strength and athleticism as well as a good shot but he the last 2 months or so his best plays have been hustle plays and to a lesser extent defensive plays. Offensively though it just constant disappointment. I've nicknamed him MidRangeGame due to him taking 90% of his shots from 15-20 ft whether he's going against a 7 footer or J.J. Barea. He lacks an offensive skill set but he's great for the Warriors because of his hustle and ability to man up against all PFs except for Diaw basically.

nearly 57% of his shots come from within 3 feet or beyond the arc, so that's just wrong. Also - on those mid-range shots he's shooting 43.3% which is well above average

mavwar53
03-28-2016, 02:20 PM
nearly 57% of his shots come from within 3 feet or beyond the arc, so that's just wrong. Also - on those mid-range shots he's shooting 43.3% which is well above average

1) I was talking about his 1 on 1 offensive arsenal, if he goes 1 on 1 it's a mid range shot 90% of the time.

2) when you watch the Warriors with the players they have and the shots they can get, 43.3% is not a good percentage, it may be for a mid range jump shot but not for the Warriors.

HB gets stuck, he will get the ball and look for his own offense only, he needs to be aggressive but when he is he looks down at the floor while he dribbles because his handle are ok at best, and he loses vision of the rest of the court, there have been so many times that he will miss open cutters and shoot a mid range jump shot because that's just who he is.

I like Barnes but he lacks an offensive game especially when you consider the money he's turned down because he wants more the offensive skill set doesn't match the potential cost. I think someone like PJ tucker although shorter could fit right in to Barnes role for less than half the price.

Shammyguy3
03-28-2016, 07:42 PM
1) I was talking about his 1 on 1 offensive arsenal, if he goes 1 on 1 it's a mid range shot 90% of the time.

2) when you watch the Warriors with the players they have and the shots they can get, 43.3% is not a good percentage, it may be for a mid range jump shot but not for the Warriors.

HB gets stuck, he will get the ball and look for his own offense only, he needs to be aggressive but when he is he looks down at the floor while he dribbles because his handle are ok at best, and he loses vision of the rest of the court, there have been so many times that he will miss open cutters and shoot a mid range jump shot because that's just who he is.

I like Barnes but he lacks an offensive game especially when you consider the money he's turned down because he wants more the offensive skill set doesn't match the potential cost. I think someone like PJ tucker although shorter could fit right in to Barnes role for less than half the price.

1) You didn't specify

2) the mid-range shot is the least efficient shot all-around, but at 43.3% you can get some value from it pending on possession to possession scenarios. Your 90% number is still ridiculously high though and incorrect.

Scoots
03-31-2016, 01:03 PM
Noah to the Warriors? They like smart bigs who can pass ... and they don't mind one who can't play more than 20 minutes a game. Bogut is in his last year, Ezeli can't stay healthy.

kobe4thewinbang
03-31-2016, 03:47 PM
Guards

- Mike Conley (Grizzlies. With his injury-prone nature, who else would take a run at him?)
- Rajon Rondo (The turbulent state of the Kings makes me wonder, but he is pals with Gay and DMC. Kings will probably dish out a big deal to him, and I think he's good for the team, but does he want to play for a contender?)
- DeMar DeRozan (I say he sticks with Raptors, after this great season they had, or he joins the post-Kobe Lakers to be the new star, either way he's opting out and getting paid)
- Dwyane Wade (Back to Miami, but if they want a third star, they need to low-ball him or let Whiteside go)
- Eric Gordon (Who knows? I guess he's still good, but his injuries and relevant non-impact might convince NO to let him go, since they just had an awful season and AD might be thinking about leaving soon)
- Brandon Jennings (He's been okay for Magic I guess, but they already got Payton, Fournier, etc, so he could be gone to any team really, might even struggle to find a buyer)

Forwards

- Kevin Durant (I say he sticks with OKC after a decent healthy year, but you never know)
- LeBron James (He's not leaving Cleveland until he wins a championship.)
- Chandler Parsons (Had a spurt lately, but his injury concerns might cause contract dispute with Mavs, every team needs a wing, but depends on how much he is asking for, he's not been that great until now)
- Nicolas Batum (Haven't watched Hornets much, but the team is overachieving, not sure how much that is from him)
- Luol Deng (I don't see how Heat can afford to resign him if they want to contend and bring in another quality player, and if they do seek that option, they would obviously sign 'x' player over signing Deng to a sizable contract)
- Harrison Barnes (With Klay dropping 40 and Draymond Green, and Steph obviously going to be paid soon, I see them letting him go, or talking a S&T with somebody, because they really don't need him with their talent.)

Bigs

- Al Horford (How good are the Hawks? New look, etc, etc, but Shroeder seems to be taking over, does Horford want to be part of that? I think he could run to Boston or somewhere that needs a quality big.)
- Dwight Howard (If Houston gives him a max deal, they'll be the Nets for years. They should let him go straight up or work a S&T with a team that needs a popular player, despite Howard's injury-prone decline. He's in for a reality check either way.)
- Hassan Whiteside - Might feel loyal to Heat, but his recent surge in play might make him see $$$$ and he deserves a hefty contract as a defensive anchor and prospective offensive talent, but if he takes a big deal and Wade wants one too, Miami won't hit that next level especially with Bosh's health concerns and Dragic's questionable impact so far. Lakers need a post-Shaq center not named Bynum or Hibbert, and they'll have enough money to sign him and somebody else [DeRozan?]).
- Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas, he bleeds blue)
- Tim Duncan (He bleeds gray, black and white)
- Al Jefferson (Injury prone, dunno how he fits with Charlotte's new success, so who knows?)
- Ryan Anderson (Pelicans had horrible year, he might want to actually win)
- Joakim Noah (Bulls have a serious overhaul going on, he loves the city, but how much to be misused?)
- Pau Gasol (Speaking of misused, Gasol might see Chicago as LA D'Antoni 2.0 and join another hard-nosed team, Spurs maybe, or Hawks, he could help anyone with his prowess).