PDA

View Full Version : Nick Young and Jordan Clarkson being investigated

chi-townlove1
03-21-2016, 07:47 PM
For a sexual Harassment the other night on two women.

The other day, Iggy And Nick Young postponed their wedding. Gotta be a connection?

Updates here.

chi-townlove1
03-21-2016, 07:49 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers are investigating allegations that two of their players sexually harassed two women Sunday night in Hollywood. One of the women is Alexis Jones, an activist trying to stop athletes from committing sexual harassment, sexual abuse and domestic violence.

The two players were guards Nick Young and Jordan Clarkson. Lakers spokesman John Black told ESPN on Monday that the team takes this matter "very seriously" and is looking into it but does not have any further comment at this time.

The Lakers are investigating sexual harassment claims made against Nick Young, above, and Jordan Clarkson.

Jones, an author and co-founder of the nonprofit I AM THAT GIRL, which aims to empower women, said in an interview Monday that the incident occurred around 7:30 p.m. Sunday near the intersection of La Brea and Melrose avenues in Hollywood.

Jones said that after dinner, she and her 68-year-old mother stopped their vehicle at the intersection, where a Jeep with four men pulled up alongside them. According to Jones, the men inside the Jeep began making "vulgar, sexual" gestures toward her mother.

"She was super rattled. That's the truth. It scared her," Jones said. "We were in a small car, and they were in a big Jeep, and it was a bunch of big dudes. They're leaning out of the car and making vulgar, sexual gestures. My mom was really shocked. That immediately turned into sobbing."

Jones added, "The irony is I created a program called 'ProtectHer' out of the urgency to address sexual abuse in athletics, and I was on phone calls with the NBA as of Friday talking with them about integrating this message and this program into the NBA."

Jones, an Austin, Texas, native and University of Southern California graduate, said she took pictures of the men with her phone and posted them to Instagram, where commenters immediately identified two of them as Young and Clarkson.

Around 8:30 a.m. Monday, Jones said she received a call from Black, who she said apologized on behalf of the Lakers. Jones said Black suggested the possibility of Jones speaking to the Lakers about the topic she has spent the past two-and-a-half years traveling the U.S. to speak to collegiate athletes about: respect and treatment of women.

"I've been inspired by how the Lakers have responded," she said.

Black said Lakers head coach Byron Scott is aware of the situation and has addressed it with the two players. Later Monday afternoon, Jones said the Lakers offered to have her come in to speak with Clarkson and Young, but she was unable to. She said she requested a call with them to talk through the issue and hopefully receive an apology, but that request was declined.

"I'm not special. This is happening to women everywhere," Jones said. "I'm not here to shame them. That's the last thing I want to do ... I don't want to crucify them. I want to use it as an opportunity to change behavior."

Lakers + Giants
03-21-2016, 08:06 PM
I can totally see Young and Clarkson's immature *** doing that. Won't comment until more is known tho.

spreadeagle
03-21-2016, 08:14 PM
busted haha, dummies

Scoots
03-21-2016, 08:27 PM
Timing is everything.

Of course that clock bomber kid and his activist parents have screwed things up for any activist who has something happen to them. Now the first question is ... was she out looking to be harassed? She probably wasn't but ... how long was that light? If the jeep was so big and car so small how did she see what was happening on the other side of the car? How quick can you get your phone out and into camera mode to take several pictures? And have them be clear enough, at night, to make the people identifiable?

More-Than-Most
03-21-2016, 08:36 PM
Timing is everything.

Of course that clock bomber kid and his activist parents have screwed things up for any activist who has something happen to them. Now the first question is ... was she out looking to be harassed? She probably wasn't but ... how long was that light? If the jeep was so big and car so small how did she see what was happening on the other side of the car? How quick can you get your phone out and into camera mode to take several pictures? And have them be clear enough, at night, to make the people identifiable?

really? Like are you kidding me with this ****? even if she sat at the damn light for 45 minutes with her camera out it gives 0 right for these players to say **** to these woman... Imagine if there were kids in the car or if a gun happy bf was in the car... Its moronic for anybody to do this let alone players.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-21-2016, 08:42 PM
Got caught with their pants down. Probably a common occurrence in LA though, they just ****ed with the wrong individual in this case.

McAllen Tx
03-21-2016, 08:54 PM
Timing is everything.

Good points, but also if she had time to take a few photos why didnt she just use video so we can see what they were doing and saying.

Then her word usage was suspect, she was in a "little car" and they were "big dudes" in a "big jeep".

Too many things seem off.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-21-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm sure they did do this. Athletes and guys in general often make lewd comments towards women. Ever been on a construction site? But towards a 68 year old woman? Have some respect.

Scoots
03-21-2016, 09:37 PM
really? Like are you kidding me with this ****? even if she sat at the damn light for 45 minutes with her camera out it gives 0 right for these players to say **** to these woman... Imagine if there were kids in the car or if a gun happy bf was in the car... Its moronic for anybody to do this let alone players.

I didn't try to defend the players at all.

McAllen Tx
03-21-2016, 10:36 PM
I'm sure they did do this. Athletes and guys in general often make lewd comments towards women. Ever been on a construction site? But towards a 68 year old woman? Have some respect.

Lol Im wondering if you've been to a construction site in the last 20 years. You're describing construction sites from 80s movies. Not saying the workers dont make lewd comments but its amongst themselves not loud enough for women to hear. They would get run off on the spot for something like that. So much competition in the construction business they're not going to lose business over loud mouth idiots.

Im not saying they didnt say anything but cmon, "made my mom cry"

Aust
03-21-2016, 10:52 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDMtdzmKTB5/?hl=en
Instagram post

https://twitter.com/LakersNation/status/712036155730989056
Great timing

http://imgur.com/f6srcLv
Nick Young deleted a tweet about it. Basically denied it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-21-2016, 10:55 PM
Lol Im wondering if you've been to a construction site in the last 20 years. You're describing construction sites from 80s movies. Not saying the workers dont make lewd comments but its amongst themselves not loud enough for women to hear. They would get run off on the spot for something like that. So much competition in the construction business they're not going to lose business over loud mouth idiots.

Im not saying they didnt say anything but cmon, "made my mom cry"

Actually, Im on a construction site every day, and its every bit as bad as they make it seem. I once was on a job site in San Diego where the pool was right in back of the construction site. So the apartment tenants would frequent the pool and I would feel bad for any woman going out there. Guys would go and stop what they were doing just to watch these women in bikinis. It's quite disgusting. I was forced to write up multiple guys many times for harassing the tenant. At a job site in Pasadena California, I had to write up for guys and fire another for multiple offenses. I caught them looking over at the condos next door with binoculars watching women in the pool.

Aust
03-21-2016, 11:10 PM
Actually, Im on a construction site every day, and its every bit as bad as they make it seem. I once was on a job site in San Diego where the pool was right in back of the construction site. So the apartment tenants would frequent the pool and I would feel bad for any woman going out there. Guys would go and stop what they were doing just to watch these women in bikinis. It's quite disgusting. I was forced to write up multiple guys many times for harassing the tenant. At a job site in Pasadena California, I had to write up for guys and fire another for multiple offenses. I caught them looking over at the condos next door with binoculars watching women in the pool.

That is so creepy

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-21-2016, 11:27 PM
That is so creepy It was. They were on the roof acting like they were working but all had binoculars while I walked up behind them.

Im not high and mighty. I did some stupid stuff as a high schooler. And I understand the environment that is created when you go out with your boys. But time and place. Especially for athletes who are always in the public eye. Im sure they always do this stuff. They just did it to the wrong woman this time.

Aust
03-21-2016, 11:40 PM
I'm curious to see the video she took. Idk why she hasn't posted it.

Scoots
03-21-2016, 11:46 PM
Construction sites are disgusting for men too. Not just harassment, but the language, the "humor", and the bodily functions can all be stressful for people who have thin skins.

My worst "normal" experiences were people defecating in bathtubs/sinks before the plumbing had been installed, and one particularly sick bastard put his circular blade up with the trigger locked on but unplugged and put bread on the blade to catch birds on the blade with him at the switch to turn the saw on and shred the birds ... for lunchtime entertainment.

jerellh528
03-21-2016, 11:50 PM
I do believe that those two did some dumb cat calling to that lady, tons of men do and it's gross depending on how extreme they are. Obviously it's magnified being they're NBA players and they shouldn't do stuff like that. But I looked at the accuser's Instagram and looked at some of her captions on her pics, and Jesus that woman is insufferable and obnoxious as hell. It wouldn't surprise me if she embellished a ton. Not trying to be a victim blamer or anything but damn they sure choose the wrong woman to cat call.

numba1CHANGsta
03-22-2016, 02:38 AM
Seems fishy to me...I don't think Young nor Clarkson did anything, cuz you'd have to be very dumb to do so since it's a contract year for Clarkson and Young is with Iggy. I do believe the guys in the back seat did something and the woman is just trying to get some big bucks out from them just cuz they were in the same car as the douchebag guys in the backseat. All in all it's just another case of someone trying to get easy money and attention. I love how the woman was able to get perfectly good photos of them without "knowing" who they were. If they were nobodies she wouldn't have taken photos of them and put them on blast on social media LOL

Tony_Starks
03-22-2016, 01:19 PM
The chick is a female activist trying to make a name for her "movement."

I'm waiting for her to have a press conference with Gloria Alreds man hating....

Aust
03-22-2016, 04:39 PM
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Lakers-Nick-Young-Denies-Sexual-Harassment-373036501.html

The video is here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDPXg1OPP0W/

lol Gilbert Arenas is on the case.

Shahan Ahmed @shahanLA

Spoke to source who said Young/Clarkson car cut off other car. Female flipped off Lakers first who then also reacted inappropriately.

Shahan Ahmed ‏@shahanLA 18h

Source said understanding was, "It happened fast and was over quick." Was surprised it was turned into anything...note: source not impartial

Sounds like your typical LA road squabble with some immature antics.

beasted86
03-22-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't understand how they can be investigated for anything.

This lady doesn't work for the NBA, nor the Lakers, and from the sound of it never filed any sort of police report. Non story unless you're a Lakers fan. No video means "he said she said".

Right now she has pictures of dudes in a truck looking out the window, that's it. Anything could have happened. They could of been flipping her off for reckless driving (not sexual harassment) or she could be the instigator yelling for them to turn down music. Literally could be anything.

beasted86
03-22-2016, 05:00 PM
After watching the video sounds like a bird looking for attention.

You got your 15 seconds of game, now fly away.

numba1CHANGsta
03-22-2016, 05:31 PM
Apparently she wants to meet up with both Young and Clarkson, but not the other two guys? LOL she's more than likely gonna ask for a sum amount to go away and stay quite haha

ombada
03-22-2016, 05:48 PM
This is stupid. Sexual Harassment is a joke at this level. "boo hoo, they yelled obscenities at me!" Welcome to life you ****ing idiot. I cant tell you how many times ive been yelled at or called something for nothing, or road rage or whatever, or yelled at someone else myself. its not harassment, both parties moved on, they didnt follow her and continue yelling. the light changed and thats was it, move the **** on.

Slug3
03-22-2016, 05:48 PM
She lives in LA and filmed that and thats bothering her? As someone living in southern CA, she got off light.

ghettosean
03-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Timing is everything.

He's just questioning the validity of the accusation which I think is valid as I'm 100% law enforcement etc will do if this goes to court. He never once said anything at all in regards to sexual harassment being ok.

@Scoots

Since you've raised those questions I'm thinking that this is claim seems to be a little sketchy. I can't definitively say she's lying but those questions 100% need to be addressed.

Lakers + Giants
03-22-2016, 06:43 PM
That's DLo in the red hoodie too lmfao. Good thing nobody identified him :laugh2:

McAllen Tx
03-22-2016, 07:08 PM
That's DLo in the red hoodie too lmfao. Good thing nobody identified him :laugh2:

Lol

mngopher35
03-22-2016, 07:10 PM

Is it for sure? I can't quite see his face on the video

I will wait for more to come out before being 100% but it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me atm.

Aust
03-23-2016, 01:40 AM
LOS ANGELES -- Lakers team spokesman John Black said in a statement Tuesday that there are "different interpretations" of what occurred Sunday night in Hollywood, where a woman alleged that she and her mother were harassed by L.A. guards Nick Young and Jordan Clarkson.

The woman who made the allegation is Alexis Jones, an activist trying to stop athletes from committing sexual harassment, sexual abuse and domestic violence.

Jones told ESPN in an interview Monday that at about 7:30 p.m. Sunday she and her 68-year-old mother stopped their vehicle at a Hollywood intersection, where a Jeep with four men pulled up alongside them.

According to Jones, the men inside the Jeep began making "vulgar, sexual" gestures toward her mother. Jones took pictures of the men with her phone and posted them to Instagram, where commenters identified them as Young and Clarkson.

"We've looked into the situation and spoken to Alexis Jones as well as to Nick Young and Jordan Clarkson," Black said in the statement released Tuesday. "Based on these conversations, our conclusion is that there are different interpretations of what happened.

"We support Nick and Jordan and believe what they told us about the incidents and their actions. We also are supportive of Alexis and her feelings about what happened, about women's rights, and of the fine work Alexis is doing with her organization.

"I had several conversations with Alexis and her publicist, and tried to arrange a meeting between her, Nick and Jordan. Unfortunately, Alexis's schedule didn't allow for this to happen yesterday. We will also continue to stay in touch with her about the possibility of addressing our team about the important issues with which she's involved."

Coach Byron Scott also said he spoke with the players about the events of Sunday night.

"I talked to those guys [Monday] about that incident," Scott said Tuesday night before the Lakers faced the Memphis Grizzlies. "My conversation with them is always private, and we're just going to leave it at that."

Clarkson started Tuesday night, and Young was expected to play as well. The Lakers haven't indicated any intention of taking disciplinary action against Young or Clarkson.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15046329/los-angeles-lakers-say-different-interpretations-nick-young-jordan-clarkson-incident

5ass
03-23-2016, 02:19 AM
A comment on that picture she posted on instagram

hitta_24LAKERS NATION HOE��������������������

Lolol gotta love Lakers fans.

Lakers + Giants
03-23-2016, 03:29 AM
A comment on that picture she posted on instagram

Lolol gotta love Lakers fans.

cuz the whole fan base feels that way right?

PhillyFaninLA
03-23-2016, 06:09 AM
Got caught with their pants down. Probably a common occurrence in LA though, they just ****ed with the wrong individual in this case.

Wow I hope you don't believe what you just said....wrong individuals is implying that under normal circumstances they did nothing wrong but because they people they did this to had an agenda it wrong because of that.

What they did was wrong, pure and simple....if you don't see that than please don't ever be around people IRL.

PhillyFaninLA
03-23-2016, 06:15 AM
It was. They were on the roof acting like they were working but all had binoculars while I walked up behind them.

Im not high and mighty. I did some stupid stuff as a high schooler. And I understand the environment that is created when you go out with your boys. But time and place. Especially for athletes who are always in the public eye. Im sure they always do this stuff. They just did it to the wrong woman this time.

Time and a place....there is no time and place for that type of behavior....and if this keeps happening on your watch, clearly your teams aren't afraid of repercussions. If you manage correctly than your people will act the correct way or will they know they will be replaced immediately...that time and place comment tells me you may not be as hard on this issue as you are implying you are, if you are in fact even really in management.

edit:

I know someone that own a successful construction company (that regularly gets governmental contracts) and another person who is a distract manager for heating and cooling.

They have a zero tolerance for this type of behavior and will be fired on the spot. Literally made to walk off the job if anything is seen. They also require professionalism in conduct on all levels, again with a zero tolerance, and while the things you are talking about happen, they don't happen twice, and the people know the expectations and are being paid better than normal.

If you don't allow it, you can change the climate that does allow it. With the people I am referring to its come to work, conduct yourself as a professional, go home, and get paid better than most will pay you for it.

HandsOnTheWheel
03-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Wow I hope you don't believe what you just said....wrong individuals is implying that under normal circumstances they did nothing wrong but because they people they did this to had an agenda it wrong because of that.

What they did was wrong, pure and simple....if you don't see that than please don't ever be around people IRL.

I never said it wasn't wrong. It's just reality.

ewing
03-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Nick Young seems like a meat head but this all sounds very convenient

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-23-2016, 12:13 PM
Time and a place....there is no time and place for that type of behavior....and if this keeps happening on your watch, clearly your teams aren't afraid of repercussions. If you manage correctly than your people will act the correct way or will they know they will be replaced immediately...that time and place comment tells me you may not be as hard on this issue as you are implying you are, if you are in fact even really in management.

edit:

I know someone that own a successful construction company (that regularly gets governmental contracts) and another person who is a distract manager for heating and cooling.

They have a zero tolerance for this type of behavior and will be fired on the spot. Literally made to walk off the job if anything is seen. They also require professionalism in conduct on all levels, again with a zero tolerance, and while the things you are talking about happen, they don't happen twice, and the people know the expectations and are being paid better than normal.

If you don't allow it, you can change the climate that does allow it. With the people I am referring to its come to work, conduct yourself as a professional, go home, and get paid better than most will pay you for it.

First of all, do you know California workers law rights? You cannot fire anybody on a first offense unless it's an actual rape or total misconduct. Making a lewd comment does not constitute a firing on a first offense. I will be in court every day if I fired everyone for saying something wrong. Second of all how do you know they were my employees? Most of the guys I'm referring to are the in the trades that I hired to come on the job site. It might be there first or second week there and they would have no idea what has happened in the past year. This may be their first contract with us.

As far as this case, do you know what was said? Do you know what was done? The more I read into it it seems like a traffic dispute that this lady wanted to blow out of proportion. Your handle says you live in LA. Ever been in a traffic dispute? I get called things or I call people certain things quite frequently. Does that mean I'm sexually harassing them by calling them a stupid b****?

Tony_Starks
03-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Crazy how these birds can just make up any allegation they can dream up and besmirch someone's name.

Sucks for Clarkson, Nick Youngs engaged to Iggy and friends with Kanye so his name has already been besmirched to the highest degree anyway!

PhillyFaninLA
03-23-2016, 12:37 PM
First of all, do you know California workers law rights? You cannot fire anybody on a first offense unless it's an actual rape or total misconduct. Making a lewd comment does not constitute a firing on a first offense. I will be in court every day if I fired everyone for saying something wrong. Second of all how do you know they were my employees? Most of the guys I'm referring to are the in the trades that I hired to come on the job site. It might be there first or second week there and they would have no idea what has happened in the past year. This may be their first contract with us.

As far as this case, do you know what was said? Do you know what was done? The more I read into it it seems like a traffic dispute that this lady wanted to blow out of proportion. Your handle says you live in LA. Ever been in a traffic dispute? I get called things or I call people certain things quite frequently. Does that mean I'm sexually harassing them by calling them a stupid b****?

try being an effective manager, that will stop it...if you really are a manager, which I am 75% sure you are, then do it better...you can have zero tolerance....I was a manager for 7 years in Los Angeles before I moved back east. So I know the laws....if you have proper operations and administration and you create a manual and a condition of employment is they sign something saying they read and understand what the employee handbook you can basically create a contract and they are agreeing to a certain code of conduct. Without that you have a valid point, but you can rules stricter then laws allow.

Also effective management can stop a lot of that....be better, create a culture of respect...it can be done, and its your job if you are a manager to do it.

edit:

I suspect you enjoy what they say to a small degree, and might laugh with them a little. At work or when I'm doing anything work related I don't laugh or acknowledge the things the same way. I may laugh at something in my head but might get quite or give someone a quick look to cut it out. If I engaged at my level I give them the argument but you laugh it that or you made comment X. Now I do have specific people behind close doors I laugh at certain comments or make certain comments but that is very select people and never where others can over hear.

I can't require a respectful atmosphere if I don't enforce the rules, make sure they know them, or contradict them.

PhillyFaninLA
03-23-2016, 12:40 PM

And I agree with you on this issue. I originally read and posted something that was the initial story, but I agree that this is probably not as big a deal as I originally read, but it still is completely uncalled for under any circumstance. They said something that was clearly not appropriate and made someone uncomfortable and that is on them.

Scoots
03-23-2016, 12:57 PM
And I agree with you on this issue. I originally read and posted something that was the initial story, but I agree that this is probably not as big a deal as I originally read, but it still is completely uncalled for under any circumstance. They said something that was clearly not appropriate and made someone uncomfortable and that is on them.

I don't think people should yell at each other in traffic incedents ... but I also don't think language should be restricted. If someone feels physically threatened then they have a basis for complaint, but words can be ignored and as long as we try to protect people from hearing words they don't want to hear we are failing to improve as a society.

Go ahead and have these guys lose money for their words and stupidity ... but it's important that we have the freedom to say things to people that they don't want to hear. "My doctor harassed me by telling me that smoking is stupid" "My father harassed me by saying my room was a mess" "My teacher harassed me by telling me that my answer was wrong in front of the class"

There have to be limits on laws that limit speech, and this makes me think we are going too far. A friend of mine said in the UK that hate speech and racial epithets are against the law and punishable by jail time. That's nuts to me ... and I'm a spic and a gringo at the same time ... I own it and you can't take it from me.