PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis: "Ive played through a torn labrum for three years"

spreadeagle
03-21-2016, 03:56 PM
"Anthony Davis says he's played through a torn labrum for three years"
"Davis has ruled himself out for the Rio Olympics"
"He was told he would need to correct his labrum at some point but needing the knee procedure is what's leading him to get it done"
"Davis estimated his recovery time for the shoulder at 4-5 months. Wouldn't say he'd be back by training camp but 100% for next season"
"Davis said he's been wearing an Alignmed shirt underneath his jersey in order to help stabilize his shoulder."

https://twitter.com/JustinVerrier

ClutchTime
03-21-2016, 04:02 PM
And yet each of the last 3 years he's been improving in the rebounding category as long as points per game.

ewing
03-21-2016, 04:21 PM
A torn hymen is no joke

2-ONE-5
03-21-2016, 04:30 PM
depending on the severity you can def play through a torn labrum. I have had a slight tear in mine for about 5 years now and only recently had an MRI to officially confirm it and was told a cortisone shot and some PT was all that was needed. However the doc also told me it will never heal 100% and it can be a pain sometimes but for a guy in AD's situation who can afford surgery and all that he should have had this done years ago.

looking into these Alignmed shirts now actually.

More-Than-Most
03-21-2016, 04:59 PM
Knee procedure? does that mean his career is over like OKa? Because Leg issues-big guys= DONE... Or is that only for a sixer player?

spreadeagle
03-21-2016, 05:53 PM
A torn hymen is no joke

wasn't expecting that one, made me burst out laughing

Gander13SM
03-21-2016, 06:43 PM
If this is true I want to see what he's like healthy, haha.

Alayla
03-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Knee procedure? does that mean his career is over like OKa? Because Leg issues-big guys= DONE... Or is that only for a sixer player?

Dude stop no one said that and even if they did your bringing up the sixers in multiple threads that are unrelated as if we dont get enough negative threads made about the team and us as a fanbase. Just quit while you still think your ahead and people are not attacking you.

JasonJohnHorn
03-21-2016, 09:08 PM

It depends on the type of injury and the player's style of game.

5ass
03-21-2016, 10:23 PM
Dude stop no one said that and even if they did your bringing up the sixers in multiple threads that are unrelated as if we dont get enough negative threads made about the team and us as a fanbase. Just quit while you still think your ahead and people are not attacking you.

Lol.

Tony_Starks
03-22-2016, 02:29 PM
It can be done it just depends on the persons pain threshold.

Lamar Odom did that with us for at least a year.

Kobe was trying to play with a torn rotator cuff but the team was garbage and the Doctors told him he was going to do further damage.

ewing
03-22-2016, 03:52 PM

IDK but if he is shooting one legged 12 footers after 2 years of not playing i'll make sure to anoint him the next Hakeem