PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Clarkson's Trade Value

KINGOFSPORTS
03-20-2016, 07:11 PM
I'm curious what other fans think about Clarkson.

Is this a guy you would want your team to trade an established player for?

I think the Lakers would move him

More-Than-Most
03-20-2016, 07:35 PM

most lakers fans hate him... i think he has progressed really well... i dont think he is worth a max contract though but now a days everyone is.

Lakers + Giants
03-21-2016, 12:29 AM
most lakers fans hate him... i think he has progressed really well... i dont think he is worth a max contract though but now a days everyone is.

Say lakers were offering to trade him for a 1st round pick? Would we be able to receive that? top 15 pick?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-21-2016, 12:57 AM
no

KINGOFSPORTS
03-21-2016, 01:04 AM
Say lakers were offering to trade him for a 1st round pick? Would we be able to receive that? top 15 pick?

My guess is they would want an established player not a draft pick for him

More-Than-Most
03-21-2016, 02:49 AM

Id give the thunders pick for him or the heats... both will be 20-30 picks... One of them would do.... I wouldnt give up a Noel or Oka for him though. Clarkson gets hyped the least of the 4 guys that have talent on the lakers in clarkson/randle/DLow/Nance... I like Clarksons and Nance upside and I love DLO... If I am the lakers I would try to keep Clarkson and get rid of randle... I dont like randle at all.

Triple_Ocho
03-21-2016, 03:16 AM
Id give the thunders pick for him or the heats... both will be 20-30 picks... One of them would do.... I wouldnt give up a Noel or Oka for him though. Clarkson gets hyped the least of the 4 guys that have talent on the lakers in clarkson/randle/DLow/Nance... I like Clarksons and Nance upside and I love DLO... If I am the lakers I would try to keep Clarkson and get rid of randle... I dont like randle at all.

You wouldn't want a 20 year old who averaged a double double in his first full season, is totally raw, and has a crazy work ethic? Interesting...

maddBat
03-21-2016, 07:44 AM
would love him on the nets. not sure we have the pieces to get him tho.

KnicksorBust
03-21-2016, 07:57 AM

I would offer Afflalo. The Lakers would say No. I would say I understand. GL next season. Then politely hang up the phone. Honestly I don't really see the market for him via trade. That's not a dig on his talent. I'd love to see him on the Cavs for example running and gunning with Kyrie and LBJ. But I don't see a team that can afford to trade for him unless it is a great deal ala Afflalo.

Vinylman
03-21-2016, 09:07 AM
what is the point of this thread... he can only be shipped in a S&T during the offseason which makes no sense factoring in the cap expansion...

Lakers are stuck with resigning him or letting him go...

If they want to trade him it wouldn't be until December/January of next year

Tony_Starks
03-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Doesn't have any value now because the jury is still out.

BUT to be able to put up the respectable numbers he does without any clearly defined role, in the midst of a cluster F of a dysfunctional season, says a LOT.

Next season with more shot attempts it wouldn't shock me to see a McCollum type break out.

Lakers in a good position with him.

KnicksorBust
03-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Doesn't have any value now because the jury is still out.

BUT to be able to put up the respectable numbers he does without any clearly defined role, in the midst of a cluster F of a dysfunctional season, says a LOT.

Next season with more shot attempts it wouldn't shock me to see a McCollum type break out.

Lakers in a good position with him.

But even on bad teams someone has to put up stats... it reminds me of Gerald Henderson putting up stats on those bad Charlotte teams.

MrfadeawayJB
03-21-2016, 12:08 PM
He's a sixth man type of talent to me

Gibby23
03-21-2016, 12:15 PM
He's a sixth man type of talent to me

This. He is probably a 6th man on a good team.

Tony_Starks
03-21-2016, 12:22 PM
But even on bad teams someone has to put up stats... it reminds me of Gerald Henderson putting up stats on those bad Charlotte teams.

Well Henderson actually has game so that's fine by me.

Also the comparison is kindof off becuase Henderson was getting more shot attempts, Clarkson is playing with probably the three biggest black holes on the same team AND a shoot first pg.

It's not like he's having a shooting free for all, a lot of fourth quarters he's watched from the bench.

mrblisterdundee
03-21-2016, 01:21 PM
His value is OK. But like D'Angelo Russell, I think his value will improve greatly once Kobe Bryant is out of the way. He and Russell should make for an exciting young back court relied on to score a lot. That should help his value.

DanG
03-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Ingram is a strange specimen... his 22.5 PER isn't anything special.... It looks like he can shoot the 3 and rebound very well... but the sub 70% FT shooting is unacceptable.

At this point I would have Ingram as #3 on my board

1. Buddy Hield
1a Simmons
3. Ingram

You obviously made this thread because you want the Lakers to draft Buddy Hield with the first pick. The Lakers are not moving JC. Him and Dlo are the future backcourt I'm sorry.

KnicksorBust
03-21-2016, 02:16 PM
Well Henderson actually has game so that's fine by me.

Also the comparison is kindof off becuase Henderson was getting more shot attempts, Clarkson is playing with probably the three biggest black holes on the same team AND a shoot first pg.

It's not like he's having a shooting free for all, a lot of fourth quarters he's watched from the bench.

You were supposed to be insulted by the Henderson comparison. As evidenced by the fact that Henderson is a rotation player in the NBA but not a mid-teens scorer. Players on bad teams still have to score/rebound/assist. It doesn't necessarily prove anything to me. There are such things as hollow stats. Clarkson may not be putting up hollow stats he may be a legitimate starting 2guard but the jury is still out. The fact that his team has ball hogs on it doesn't prove he is any good.

McAllen Tx
03-21-2016, 02:25 PM
I would offer Afflalo. The Lakers would say No. I would say I understand. GL next season. Then politely hang up the phone. Honestly I don't really see the market for him via trade. That's not a dig on his talent. I'd love to see him on the Cavs for example running and gunning with Kyrie and LBJ. But I don't see a team that can afford to trade for him unless it is a great deal ala Afflalo.

I read earlier that Afflalo is gonna opt out to try and get 1 last big contract. From who, dont see a team that would think he's the missing piece to offer him a big contract.

Tony_Starks
03-21-2016, 02:41 PM
You were supposed to be insulted by the Henderson comparison. As evidenced by the fact that Henderson is a rotation player in the NBA but not a mid-teens scorer. Players on bad teams still have to score/rebound/assist. It doesn't necessarily prove anything to me. There are such things as hollow stats. Clarkson may not be putting up hollow stats he may be a legitimate starting 2guard but the jury is still out. The fact that his team has ball hogs on it doesn't prove he is any good.

Hollow stats to me are high usage, lots of shots, big points on average to below average shooting percentage for a garbage team. Kevin Love type stuff.

I don't think he fits that criteria, I got him pegged as legit starting 2....eventually.

Aust
03-21-2016, 03:26 PM
His value would skyrocket if he improved his defense.

mngopher35
03-21-2016, 03:38 PM
With him being a free agent it will depend on the type of money he gets as well. How high would the Lakers be willing to spend to keep him might be the better question?

Edit: for example let's say Philly were willing to give a 4 yr deal at 17 per would la be willing to match/exceed (used philly due to need of guard and cap, wanted to make it a tough number so may be high)? At that money his value might not be as much via trade.

KINGOFSPORTS
03-21-2016, 03:44 PM
You obviously made this thread because you want the Lakers to draft Buddy Hield with the first pick. The Lakers are not moving JC. Him and Dlo are the future backcourt I'm sorry.

Thats fine if you think that...

I would caution against making any guarantees though....

If the Lakers could unclog their back court and get a legit SF, C, or a shoot/defense first SG in one move I think they would consider it.

I acutally like a player like Afflalo to team with Dlo. A guy who can play without the ball and get some defense going

I could see a team like the Nets trading a fair amount to get Clarkson - a young starting PG

KnicksorBust
03-22-2016, 11:52 AM
I read earlier that Afflalo is gonna opt out to try and get 1 last big contract. From who, dont see a team that would think he's the missing piece to offer him a big contract.

But with every team having salary cap space it's still going to be the right move. Knicks missed out on all the top big men and overpaid Robin Lopez and that was before the salary cap explosion.

BTW first time in a long time I've seen someone new with an earlier join date than me. Aug 2004. :clap:

Hotone1401
03-22-2016, 12:26 PM

I agree. Randle's ceiling is really low and he requires too much dribbling to be effective. I hope the Lakers trade him.

McAllen Tx
03-22-2016, 12:27 PM
But with every team having salary cap space it's still going to be the right move. Knicks missed out on all the top big men and overpaid Robin Lopez and that was before the salary cap explosion.

BTW first time in a long time I've seen someone new with an earlier join date than me. Aug 2004. :clap:

Every team will have cap space but Afflalo can be a difference maker on very few teams. He does nothing for mid-tier teams. He did nothing for your Knicks. He can help out already true contending teams but all of them dont have as money as one thinks.

He would be perfect fit IMO in OKC but I think they got bigger worries this offseason dont you agree. Maybe the Clippers but Im not sure they have the $ he's looking for. Him alone doesnt make Tor, Mia, Hou, Mem, Bos contenders.

GS & SA dont have the $ for him. I think he's gonna be in for a letdown if he thinks he's gonna get a really big contract.

On a side note, I wouldn't trade Clarkson for him. Afflalo is on the decline while Clarkson is still getting better.

PhillyFaninLA
03-22-2016, 12:50 PM
If the sexual assualt charges pan out then his value may seriously drop off...he is a nice player that can be good in the right situation and can excel in the right 6th man position.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15037175/los-angeles-lakers-looking-incident-involving-nick-young-jordan-clarkson

Scoots
03-22-2016, 01:25 PM

If Barnes gets a big offer from someone (likely) the Warriors may be in the market for a SF so they could be a landing place.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-22-2016, 01:57 PM
If the sexual assualt charges pan out then his value may seriously drop off...he is a nice player that can be good in the right situation and can excel in the right 6th man position.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15037175/los-angeles-lakers-looking-incident-involving-nick-young-jordan-clarkson

Sexual assault is far different from sexual harassment. Sexual harassment constitutes a write-up, a verbal warning, a written warning, a hand slap. You go to jail for sexual assault

KnicksorBust
03-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Every team will have cap space but Afflalo can be a difference maker on very few teams. He does nothing for mid-tier teams. He did nothing for your Knicks. He can help out already true contending teams but all of them dont have as money as one thinks.

He would be perfect fit IMO in OKC but I think they got bigger worries this offseason dont you agree. Maybe the Clippers but Im not sure they have the $ he's looking for. Him alone doesnt make Tor, Mia, Hou, Mem, Bos contenders.

GS & SA dont have the $ for him. I think he's gonna be in for a letdown if he thinks he's gonna get a really big contract.

On a side note, I wouldn't trade Clarkson for him. Afflalo is on the decline while Clarkson is still getting better.

I actually think a lineup of Conley-AA-Zbo-Gasol with some shooters/defenders would a threat in the West. That is of course assuming health and re-signing players.

McAllen Tx
03-23-2016, 12:05 AM
I actually think a lineup of Conley-AA-Zbo-Gasol with some shooters/defenders would a threat in the West. That is of course assuming health and re-signing players.

I would like to agree cause I like their bring your lunch pale roll up your sleeves and lets get to work attitude but I dont see it anymore. Maybe 3-4 years ago but thats still a maybe cause they've had Tony Allen and they're practically the same person.

That team has ran its course and gave it all they had, left everything on the court the last few years but they will be on the decline starting next year.

IMO next year they should blow it up and get as much as they can for what they got and tank for 2 years starting in 2017.

PhillyFaninLA
03-23-2016, 05:50 AM
Sexual assault is far different from sexual harassment. Sexual harassment constitutes a write-up, a verbal warning, a written warning, a hand slap. You go to jail for sexual assault

The article I linked and the allegation is possible sexual assault not harassment. But its good that you decided to define something that is not applicable to what I'm talking about

edit: the article originally quoted used assault instead of harassment. I posted right after I saw the story, the initial article turns out was wrong and harassment is correct and not assault. My bad just going off what was i that article I quoted.

JasonJohnHorn
03-23-2016, 08:38 AM
His contract is up this year, no? Is he restricted?

I'm not sure they'd want to trade him anyways.

It's hard to gauge his value. Many players put up good stats on bad teams. He's improved his 3pt shooting and is decent but not stellar. Indications are he will get better. He's a strong rebounder for his position. Decent passer. Couldn't say defensively how good he is as I haven't bothered watching any Laker games this year.

It seems like rather than throwing max money at DR;DR as was suggested earlier in the season, the Lakers would be better off developing a discount SG that frankly may be as good as DM;DR in a couple of years and certainly is a better shooter than him already.

He's on a rookie contract. No sense shipping him out so that you can pick up a more expensive model with less potential and a shorter window.