PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki score 40 points on limited shots today.

IamAlwaysRight
03-20-2016, 06:40 PM
What do you guys think about that.

hidalgo
03-20-2016, 11:12 PM
pretty cool to see him have a huge throwback game at this age

KnicksorBust
03-21-2016, 07:59 AM
He's having a throwback week... and his overall season is still stellar. People sleep on him because he's not Durant or LBJ and the Mavs are no longer contenders but he's still a top 15 player.

ClutchTime
03-21-2016, 08:26 AM
He's a great player. It just doesn't seem like he gets the respect he should at what he's doing at this point in his career.

Shammyguy3
03-21-2016, 12:54 PM
He's having a throwback week... and his overall season is still stellar. People sleep on him because he's not Durant or LBJ and the Mavs are no longer contenders but he's still a top 15 player.

Lowry, Lebron, George, Butler, Horford, Millsap, Leonard, Harden, Davis, Cousins, Paul, Griffin, Curry, Draymond Green, Durant, Westbrook, Lillard, Aldridge, M. Gasol

Of those 20 players who do you think Dirk is better than?

KnicksorBust
03-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Lowry, Lebron, George, Butler, Horford, Millsap, Leonard, Harden, Davis, Cousins, Paul, Griffin, Curry, Draymond Green, Durant, Westbrook, Lillard, Aldridge, M. Gasol

Of those 20 players who do you think Dirk is better than?

I would rather have Dirk than:

Butler
Horford
Millsap
Cousins
Aldridge

KnicksorBust
03-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Dirk is a 7 foot stretch center and a matchup problem for any team including the Spurs and Warriors. If Dirk was on a contender team you would see how valuable he is. A 7 footer that can extend the defense and get you 30 and 10 on any given game. Also a guy with a lot of playoff experience.

Dirk is better than lowery, george, butler, horford, millsap, davis, counsins, griffin, and gasol.

Took it too far. Some of those players unfortunately are a clear level above Dirk at this point in his career. Besides we only needed to add 5... you going for extra credit or something? :)

Shammyguy3
03-21-2016, 06:20 PM
I would rather have Dirk than:

Butler
Horford
Millsap
Cousins
Aldridge

Horford/Millsap I can see, but LMA/Butler/Cousins no way my man :)

Gander13SM
03-21-2016, 06:40 PM
Great to see. Huge fan of his, doesn't get the respect he deserves IMO.

Everyone talks about old man Duncan, but Nowitzki is just as good at his age (just on the other side of the floor). Unfortunately he doesn't have the same pedigree of team mates.

YAALREADYKNO
03-21-2016, 08:01 PM
It was great to see that

KnicksorBust
03-22-2016, 08:09 AM

I won't even hear an argument for Cousins because he has no record of winning anything and he's been in the league for a while now. He is a loser. Period. But LMA is a good one.

You don't think Dirk could do on the Spurs what LMA is doing? Only better? LMA about 50% of his shots from 10 feet to the 3pt line and makes about 42%. Dirk takes about 55% of his shots from that range and makes 48%. Plus that is in an offense where teams can focus on him. Plus Dirk hits 3's and can be played on the floor with Duncan more instead of Diaw. I think the Spurs would be better with Dirk.

ewing
03-22-2016, 10:13 AM

Cousins :laugh:

kdspurman
03-22-2016, 11:11 AM
I won't even hear an argument for Cousins because he has no record of winning anything and he's been in the league for a while now. He is a loser. Period. But LMA is a good one.

You don't think Dirk could do on the Spurs what LMA is doing? Only better? LMA about 50% of his shots from 10 feet to the 3pt line and makes about 42%. Dirk takes about 55% of his shots from that range and makes 48%. Plus that is in an offense where teams can focus on him. Plus Dirk hits 3's and can be played on the floor with Duncan more instead of Diaw. I think the Spurs would be better with Dirk.

LMA has been great on the boards and defensively. Dirk couldn't do what he does defensively, especially protecting the paint. Their defense would take a big hit

KnicksorBust
03-22-2016, 11:21 AM
LMA has been great on the boards and defensively. Dirk couldn't do what he does defensively, especially protecting the paint. Their defense would take a big hit

In the regular season definitely but come playoff time when Duncan is back to playing starter minutes wouldn't you rather have Dirk and Duncan on the floor?

kdspurman
03-22-2016, 01:35 PM
In the regular season definitely but come playoff time when Duncan is back to playing starter minutes wouldn't you rather have Dirk and Duncan on the floor?

Duncan is good enough to protect the paint. But defending the perimeter with guys like Draymond or Griffin, give me LMA all day. Dirk and Duncan are both limited mobility wise.

Hawkeye15
03-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Duncan is good enough to protect the paint. But defending the perimeter with guys like Draymond or Griffin, give me LMA all day. Dirk and Duncan are both limited mobility wise.

there is some validity to that. But Dirk offensively would be so great for the Spurs next to Duncan. It's not unique that LMA's most efficient season came this year. SA offers a player the easiest opportunities they will ever get. Dirk's efficiency would be insane.

kdspurman
03-22-2016, 02:06 PM
there is some validity to that. But Dirk offensively would be so great for the Spurs next to Duncan. It's not unique that LMA's most efficient season came this year. SA offers a player the easiest opportunities they will ever get. Dirk's efficiency would be insane.

No doubt about it. He'd get some great looks. It's just the other end of the court I worry about lol that's whats given us such great success this year. It would make things tougher on our perimeter defenders ultimately

kobe4thewinbang
03-22-2016, 02:15 PM
He was "on" that night. Watched the highlights, dude's one of the best shooters in the game. Definitely one of the best big man shooters. Killed the Heat by himself pretty much with some clutch play from Jason Terry. I will say though that the defense was falling for the simple pick & pop play that gets Dirk an open shot. I mean, obviously that makes for easy shots and rhythm, but it was still awesome.

R. Johnson#3
03-22-2016, 02:29 PM
He's a great player. It just doesn't seem like he gets the respect he should at what he's doing at this point in his career.

He hasn't gotten the right amount of respect throughout his whole career. He's right behind Duncan and Kobe for this generation. He doesn't have the hardware that they do but the guy has been the epitome of consistency through his whole career. Rarely ever got hurt either.

KnicksorBust
03-22-2016, 02:36 PM

I would rather have LMA guarding Draymond Green than Dirk as well but that specific one side of the basketball matchup is not enough for me to pick who I believe to be the inferior player overall.

Bingo. Who ya got? Would you rather LMA or Dirk?

KnicksorBust
03-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Dirk has always been underrated in the present but never in the past.

FlashBolt
03-22-2016, 02:45 PM
I would rather have LMA guarding Draymond Green than Dirk as well but that specific one side of the basketball matchup is not enough for me to pick who I believe to be the inferior player overall.

Bingo. Who ya got? Would you rather LMA or Dirk?

It's really a wash here but LMA has the better defense for sure and is more mobile. Dirk is a better scorer and he would be hitting 52-54 FG% IMO if he played under the Spurs system. I'm going with Dirk if I'm the Spurs here. He's too consistent and come playoff time, it would be a beauty to watch Dirk+Duncan just schooling the new guys.

phantasyyy
03-22-2016, 03:40 PM
Really? You guys are arguing a declining Dirk vs an in-prime Aldridge? AND some of you guys would take Dirk over LMA on that current spurs Roster? That's asinine, dude is the backup C also in case you haven't noticed and the PnR coverage would be disastrous with only Dirk/Duncan on the front lines..

kdspurman
03-22-2016, 03:44 PM

But LMA is also skilled enough to punish smaller guys in the post and shoot over them, similar to Dirk. It's not like he is only useful on 1 side of the court

ewing
03-22-2016, 03:49 PM
Dirk has always been underrated in the present but never in the past.

that's some time travel ****

mngopher35
03-22-2016, 04:03 PM
I think LMA is better than Dirk currently especially for the Spurs come playoff time (where they likely are most worried about GS). I understand that Spurs have a good offense that helps efficiency but it's not like Dirk hasn't had some benefit being under Carlisle, he is a good coach too (Pop is better, just saying he's in a good system he's used to).

Considering defense, rebounding, and that LMA has gotten better since the start of the year when he was getting adjusted I have to give him the edge.

numba1CHANGsta
03-22-2016, 05:04 PM
Euro players are greatly underrated. Dirk and Pau are 2 of the top 5 greatest big men in the past 15 years along with Shaq, TD, and KG.

YAALREADYKNO
03-22-2016, 08:10 PM
Arguably the most underrated superstar of his generation