PDA

View Full Version : Um, KD & Lbj… Why Not?

Dade County
03-20-2016, 01:23 PM
They are both going to be free agents this upcoming offseason. A GM had to be like, why not lets go after both of them.

I’m not trying to imply that Lbj & KD talked it over, just saying that I can see 3 organization besides Pat Riley working behind the scenes to make this a reality; even if people are acknowledging it or not.

I really feel that people are not giving this a second thought, already dismissing it as it will never happen.

But seriously if you look at what might or might not happen for Lbj this season, because of GS, Spurs or OKC… Who says Lbj doesn’t leave no matter the outcome in Cleveland.

If Lbj wins a title this season, he can say he accomplished his goal for his city and he wants to move on because of internal difference in the organization. He could also say almost the samething if he gets beat by a better team (but he would get bashed for this of course).

But What if Lbj & KD get beat by the same team? And they both go through the same internal struggles with their team mates and organization.

KD would never go to the Cav’s (lol) & I don’t see Lbj signing with OKC. But I can clearly see them going to the same organization by chance.

And the one organization I see setup for that move is the Lakers (followed by Boston… then in the far distance New York but minus KD)

The Lakers have the young pieces (contracts) and they can easily move some contracts around if need be.

The media and twitter will try to bash Lbj, but the Laker mystic is too big & great for the hate to even last 2days.

Russell
Clarkson
KD
Lbj
?*Just a guy that gets rebounds and acts tough

I mean seriously, they could trade Randle their top 3 pick and whoever for a big man if need be (Demarcus Cousins).

Just thinking out loud.

And NO I don’t want Lbj back in Miami if any of you are thinking that.*

mrblisterdundee
03-20-2016, 01:37 PM
LeBron James is honestly better off stayng with the Cavaliers, even if the roster is currently a bad fit. They obviously need to get rid of Kevin Love and somehow carve enough space out to max Durant.
Or they could both go to the Lakers, and Kobe could put his retirement on hiatus for one or two more years.

Raps18-19 Champ
03-20-2016, 02:10 PM
I think Lebron wouldn't leave Cleveland for the sake of not getting harped on, even if basketball wise, it may be a move to consider. But Cavs aren't exactly in a bad place. They should consider trading Love. That was a failed experiment.

mrblisterdundee
03-20-2016, 02:13 PM
We missed out on an comical super trade that could have put Durant and James together.
• Kevin Durant, Enes Kanter and Dion Waiters to Cleveland.
• Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson and Iman Shumpert to Oklahoma City.

Haven't you always dreamed of Waiters and J.R. Smith being on the same team?

beasted86
03-20-2016, 02:24 PM
I honestly say: why not? I think its a tough sell to tell either one of these guys you will be defending the opponents starting PF or C in the West every night, but if they get past that barrier then:

#2 + Nick Young and Lou Williams for DeMarcus Cousins

Russell $5M
Clarkson $6M (poison pill)
LeBron $31M
Durant $27M
Cousins $16M
-----------------
Randle $3M
Nance Jr. $1.5M

Dade County
03-20-2016, 02:41 PM
I honestly say: why not? I think its a tough sell to tell either one of these guys you will be defending the opponents starting PF or C in the West every night, but if they get past that barrier then:

#2 + Nick Young and Lou Williams for DeMarcus Cousins

Russell $5M
Clarkson $6M (poison pill)
LeBron $31M
Durant $27M
Cousins $16M
-----------------
Randle $3M
Nance Jr. $1.5M

I feel you on Randle, still young and cheap contract; but I really like Lou Williams coming off the bench for them in this scenario, and if an injury happens Lou can just take over the starting wing player spot.

Either way, I see this working out for everyone involved. They would just need to fill out their roster and wait until OKC come calling to trade Westbrook to them. LMAO!

Because we all no West will be gone from OKC the very next off season. They should have went into the tax & keep the players they had...smh

beasted86
03-20-2016, 02:59 PM
I feel you on Randle, still young and cheap contract; but I really like Lou Williams coming off the bench for them in this scenario, and if an injury happens Lou can just take over the starting wing player spot.

Either way, I see this working out for everyone involved. They would just need to fill out their roster and wait until OKC come calling to trade Westbrook to them. LMAO!

Because we all no West will be gone from OKC the very next off season. They should have went into the tax & keep the players they had...smh

Those salaries above already add up to $90M, so they cant afford to keep Lou. The trade kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

They would need to use the Cap Room exception (Like $2.7M from what I remember) and the veteran minimum and their 2nd round pick to fill out the roster.

IKnowHoops
03-20-2016, 03:43 PM
For that to work, Lebron would have to take a step back in scoring and a step up in facilitating. I may just want it to be KD and Bron and not add boogie. Use boogies salary to put good free agents around them.

3 top scorers will never be able to get there points and earn there contracts. Someone is not going to be very happy.

beasted86
03-20-2016, 03:49 PM
For that to work, Lebron would have to take a step back in scoring and a step up in facilitating. I may just want it to be KD and Bron and not add boogie. Use boogies salary to put good free agents around them.

3 top scorers will never be able to get there points and earn there contracts. Someone is not going to be very happy.

You might have a point, but how far is $16M going to stretch in the summer of 2016 looking for a starting Center? I mean Amir Johnson and Omer Asik got $12M last summer. At least Cousins is the "sexy name" that might draw the older vets taking the minimum seeing such a big 3 formed.

numba1CHANGsta
03-20-2016, 04:00 PM
If LeBron were to leave CLE for the 2nd time, then his image would take a major hit. The only way his image wouldn't take such a big hit is if he goes to the Lakers because of their history and it's a major market and he'd have a great chance to win multiple championships especially if KD goes with him. I just don't see him succeeding in CLE, it's just not meant to be and it will be hard to get major superstars to play in CLE. But if LeBron leaves CLE to go back to MIA well that would just be the most funniest sh1t I've ever seen lol

IKnowHoops
03-20-2016, 04:27 PM
You might have a point, but how far is $16M going to stretch in the summer of 2016 looking for a starting Center? I mean Amir Johnson and Omer Asik got $12M last summer. At least Cousins is the "sexy name" that might draw the older vets taking the minimum seeing such a big 3 formed.

True

IamAlwaysRight
03-20-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm fine with seeing his or both of their scoring go down to low 20's.

Bostonjorge
03-20-2016, 05:47 PM
Ok so this is how it will play out. Kobe plays his last home game and immediately gets his jersey retired and put up in the rafters. In the offseason KD and James sign with LA. They both get introduced to the lakers in a big time ceremony at the staples center. James and KD then bring down kobes jersey from the rafters and welcome back the black mamba.

More-Than-Most
03-20-2016, 06:09 PM
If LeBron were to leave CLE for the 2nd time, then his image would take a major hit. The only way his image wouldn't take such a big hit is if he goes to the Lakers because of their history and it's a major market and he'd have a great chance to win multiple championships especially if KD goes with him. I just don't see him succeeding in CLE, it's just not meant to be and it will be hard to get major superstars to play in CLE. But if LeBron leaves CLE to go back to MIA well that would just be the most funniest sh1t I've ever seen lol

lol so the only way his image wouldnt take a major hit is if he went to the lakers? Not the knicks/spurs/clippers/Bulls/Celtics who are all just as big either name wise/history wise or success over the past 2 decades on top of most of those teams being in a better position to succeed sooner rather than later and dont have dumbass owners?

Dade County
03-20-2016, 10:24 PM
Ok so this is how it will play out. Kobe plays his last home game and immediately gets his jersey retired and put up in the rafters. In the offseason KD and James sign with LA. They both get introduced to the lakers in a big time ceremony at the staples center. James and KD then bring down kobes jersey from the rafters and welcome back the black mamba.

I could see him coming back near christmas, so Lbj & KD could shape the mentality of the team to their liking.

GunFactor187
03-20-2016, 10:34 PM
This happened to me in my Detroit Pistons 2K14 Association, lol. It was great fun.

tredigs
03-20-2016, 11:27 PM
Lebron's in a tough spot. He seems to care significantly about his public image and in joining the Cavs again, he might have pigeon-holed himself into them for the rest of his career. If he leaves them? His image is absolutely destroyed. Heat 2010 X 5, only there will be less actual backlash because the NBA fans simply won't care about him nearly as much. - This is assuming a Cavs non-championship scenario obviously.

koberulesall
03-20-2016, 11:35 PM
I don't usually post comments on here, love the website but don't usually do this, this caught my attention and would just like to say PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this happen somehow! lol Ive been a huge Laker fan my whole life been watching Kobe since the 6th grade, been to a few games(was at the game when kobe dropped 62 in 3 quarters and outscored the Mavs by himself) but not until the past couple years and NBA seasons have I had the financial flexibility to actually attend games on a regular weekly basis and all I want is for them to be relevant in this league again so I can go to games that actually matter!!

KnicksorBust
03-21-2016, 08:01 AM
I honestly don't think either one of those guys ring chases at this point. LeBron can't leave Cleveland again and Durant has too much invested in OKC with Westbrook (his "brother") and the city. Durant has a slightly higher probability of leaving but I think they both stay on the same teams.

mrblisterdundee
03-21-2016, 02:10 PM

I agree on it just being Kevin Durant and LeBron James. But I also think James could take on more of a Draymond Green role, defending the opposing team's best player, running the offense and allowing Durant to handle more of the scoring. He should be doing more of that right now with Kyrie Irving.

Dade County
03-21-2016, 10:15 PM
I don't usually post comments on here, love the website but don't usually do this, this caught my attention and would just like to say PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this happen somehow! lol Ive been a huge Laker fan my whole life been watching Kobe since the 6th grade, been to a few games(was at the game when kobe dropped 62 in 3 quarters and outscored the Mavs by himself) but not until the past couple years and NBA seasons have I had the financial flexibility to actually attend games on a regular weekly basis and all I want is for them to be relevant in this league again so I can go to games that actually matter!!

:laugh2:

It's a long shot, but just be on the look out for KD body language if they can't make the Final's this season.

I agree on it just being Kevin Durant and LeBron James. But I also think James could take on more of a Draymond Green role, defending the opposing team's best player, running the offense and allowing Durant to handle more of the scoring. He should be doing more of that right now with Kyrie Irving.

1ast Irving...?

Kyrie needs to learn how to setup an offense first, then maybe Le-Con can trust him with the offense.

Sly Guy
03-21-2016, 10:20 PM
lol @ the 'I hate heat fans' option. You guys and your 'superteams', lol

europagnpilgrim
03-21-2016, 10:59 PM
I honestly don't think either one of those guys ring chases at this point. LeBron can't leave Cleveland again and Durant has too much invested in OKC with Westbrook (his "brother") and the city. Durant has a slightly higher probability of leaving but I think they both stay on the same teams.

Lebron has 2 rings so he couldn't be ring chasing, more like ring padding at this point in his like 13th season, KD wouldn't be ring chasing either since he is a pending big fish free agent and has like 9 years under his belt with a Finals trip and nba mvp, Lebron already teamed up with Wade so I don't see why he wouldn't at least contemplate teaming up with the next generations best player to end his run of trying to at least get a ring or 3, if I were him I would think hard about forming a trio with either Boogie and KD or Harden/KD, reason I say that is the challenge would be he always had it easy out East so to solidify his true greatness so go out West and dethrone the best and cake walk the Finals vs. East team, then it would be well Lebron is beating inferior teams out East thrown out by the same people who crucify him for being in the so called weak East now, full circle

to me ring chasers are like old vets Barkley and K Malone and G Payton and Pippen and guys like that who have proven themselves but are riding on that last hurrah type leg to get one or add on like Pippen, not 27 and 31yr olds who are still playing at 1st team all nba level, not even close, but if you feel like its ring chasing, you are entitled to feel that way

being a free agent means they both have probabilities of leaving because Lebron could have multi year maxed out on 2 occasions in past 2 years with Cavs and he chose the 1 year deals to be in position to max out his options

Durant and his investment in OKC has turned out 1 Finals trip in the 7-8 years with his brother, add a couple WCF trips and that pretty much sounds like time has run its course, we'll see this summer what transpires

I wouldn't rule out the Lakers since Mamba will be gone and the other team that shares Staples center because im sure CP3-Lebron-KD would be all in if they had the chance with Blake already being shopped(so he may be gone)and that owner has 20billion reasons not to give a damn about a salary cap with a chance to bring a ship to Clipper nation

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-21-2016, 11:12 PM
I really like where the Heat fans heads are at in this thread. Lmao. If you look at my sig, I'm always laughing at Laker fans when they say we're going to get this guy, this guy, this guy,and this guy. Of course I wish they were always right, but highly unlikely. Things would have to really fall the Lakers way, like getting the number one pick to start with. But oh what a day it would be to have to see all the Laker fans who have been hating on Lebron for over a decade, and suddenly have to cheer for him and be glad that he wanted to play Super Buddies again. I would like to see it happen for that reason if nothing else

WOwolfOL
03-22-2016, 02:40 AM
I think people will forgive James if he leaves again. Everybody realizes Cleveland will never win **** no matter who's on the roster.

FlashBolt
03-22-2016, 03:00 PM
1) Kevin Love has to go. It's not working, will never work, and Love has no idea how to be a winning player. He's too used to losing that it's all a wreck for him.
2) Irving MIGHT have to go. Dribble, dribble, dribble for 20 seconds and then jacking up a tough shot is not what your PG should be doing unless the name on the back of your jersey starts with a C and ends with a Y (Steph, not Seth).
3) I wouldn't want Cousins anywhere on my team unless I had no choice.. Sorry, but there are much bigger problems. The Kings have the talent to make it to the playoffs. It's really a headscratcher situation there.
4) I wouldn't want to see KD and LeBron on the same team, tbh. I mean, he has Westbrook in OKC. What makes you think LeBron is going to be that much of an improvement in his dwindling years? Plus, there are more attractive options for KD.. mainly, going to the Lakers if the Lakers can make some noise in the offseason.
5) I agree with Tredigs here. LeBron knows leaving Cleveland will damage his brand so it's not just about basketball for LeBron anymore. He's put himself in a position to maximize his investment and at the same time, try and win a championship for Cleveland without looking like a D-bag this time. The only pieces I think LeBron wouldn't want to trade are Smith, Delly, Thompson, and Jefferson. Mosgov is the worst 7 footer at finishing in the rim. Way too many missed buckets from him when he's cutting. It wouldn't be terrible if Love could at least play defense but man, this guy does not even jump to defend shots.

mrblisterdundee
03-24-2016, 01:21 AM
1) Kevin Love has to go. It's not working, will never work, and Love has no idea how to be a winning player. He's too used to losing that it's all a wreck for him.
2) Irving MIGHT have to go. Dribble, dribble, dribble for 20 seconds and then jacking up a tough shot is not what your PG should be doing unless the name on the back of your jersey starts with a C and ends with a Y (Steph, not Seth).
3) I wouldn't want Cousins anywhere on my team unless I had no choice.. Sorry, but there are much bigger problems. The Kings have the talent to make it to the playoffs. It's really a headscratcher situation there.
4) I wouldn't want to see KD and LeBron on the same team, tbh. I mean, he has Westbrook in OKC. What makes you think LeBron is going to be that much of an improvement in his dwindling years? Plus, there are more attractive options for KD.. mainly, going to the Lakers if the Lakers can make some noise in the offseason.
5) I agree with Tredigs here. LeBron knows leaving Cleveland will damage his brand so it's not just about basketball for LeBron anymore. He's put himself in a position to maximize his investment and at the same time, try and win a championship for Cleveland without looking like a D-bag this time. The only pieces I think LeBron wouldn't want to trade are Smith, Delly, Thompson, and Jefferson. Mosgov is the worst 7 footer at finishing in the rim. Way too many missed buckets from him when he's cutting. It wouldn't be terrible if Love could at least play defense but man, this guy does not even jump to defend shots.

I agree. My idea for Cleveland is to trade Kevin Love to Boston for Amir Johnson's $12 million contract, another young asset like Smart or Olynyk, and a good first-round pick. Then trade Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert to Los Angeles for Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Austin Rivers. Pair James and Paul up, make a more balanced team around them and watch the ball movement magic and great perimeter defense.

LA_Raiders
03-24-2016, 02:03 AM
LBJ will stay put, and clev will have mayor changes next year. I can see KD signing with the Lakers, and Kobe taking 1 year off and come back for 2 years to play with KD as a role player.

FlashBolt
03-24-2016, 04:25 PM
I agree. My idea for Cleveland is to trade Kevin Love to Boston for Amir Johnson's $12 million contract, another young asset like Smart or Olynyk, and a good first-round pick. Then trade Kyrie Irving and Iman Shumpert to Los Angeles for Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Austin Rivers. Pair James and Paul up, make a more balanced team around them and watch the ball movement magic and great perimeter defense.

Yeah, you know it's a terrible setup when James is more of a PG than Kyrie will ever be. I get that James is a great playmaker but really, the guy is heading towards retirement in five years. He should not be the one facilitating the ball down his career. This team has zero ball movement if James/Delly are not on the court. Kyrie is just too much iso.