View Full Version : Dwight Howard Caught Using Stickem

Rivera
03-20-2016, 12:39 AM
It's all over Twitter.

It was tonight against the Hawks

Htownballa1622
03-20-2016, 01:01 AM
Ban him forever.

He smiles too much, doesn't take the game seriously, and left the best franchise.

He's no shaq. He's a bum.

*Silver&Black*
03-20-2016, 01:05 AM
Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 2h2 hours ago

Howard on his Stickum: "I donít know why people are making a big deal out of it. I do it every game. Itís not a big deal. I ainít tripping.Ē

:facepalm:

jerellh528
03-20-2016, 01:06 AM
Article:
http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/rockets-howard-caught-using-stickum-spray/nqpRC/?icmp=myajc_internallink_megamenu_link

Footage:
https://streamable.com/3mj1

Lol how did he even come up with this idea

ManningToTyree
03-20-2016, 02:07 AM
What a joke. I don't even see the value in using it unless all you do is grab rebounds and dunk.

Oh wait

IBleedPurple
03-20-2016, 02:20 AM
He couldn't get the ball or his career to stick in one place.

5ass
03-20-2016, 02:23 AM
Man I'm glad the Magic got rid of Dwight. This is the first time I've ever said that.

mikekhelxD
03-20-2016, 02:36 AM
This explains his awful FT shooting

5ass
03-20-2016, 02:52 AM

Lol! Good thing he ain't tripping.

One word to describe Dwight: fool.

HouRealCoach
03-20-2016, 03:00 AM
Who cares?

Rivera
03-20-2016, 03:10 AM
Ban him forever.

He smiles too much, doesn't take the game seriously, and left the best franchise.

He's no shaq. He's a bum.

Weak. A laker fan didn't post this or said it yet

Who cares?

You did enough to post in the thread.

This to me is more odd news than serious it big deal. But it's thread worthy for how weird and LOL it is. I can't see it having to much advantage in Bball but still odd enough to make you wonder

Gander13SM
03-20-2016, 05:24 AM
He should be fined personally as should Houston as a franchise. At the very least. Possibly a suspension for Dwight.

Why?

1. It's in the rule book that you can't do this. So it's not just some quirky funny story, he broke an official rule, there has to be some sort of discipline any time anyone breaks one of the rules.

2. He did it just as Batum was shooting free throws, it's improbable but not impossible that he did this to put Batum off, try shooting free throws with a ball covered in adhesive.

3. He has shown no regret at breaking the rules, joking about it and belittling the situation. NBA can't allow that sort of attitude, whether I personally think it's hilarious or not, as a professional organisation you can't have one of your most well known faces breaking rules and laughing at it after.

IndyRealist
03-20-2016, 07:22 AM
Only obvious houston fans see nothing wrong with this.

ewing
03-20-2016, 07:45 AM
Weird. you'd think he'd be smart enough not grab the ball and rub the **** all over it at during a stoppage the second after he checked into the game. the guy's a ****ing maroon.

KnicksorBust
03-20-2016, 08:56 AM

:laugh:

ClutchTime
03-20-2016, 09:18 AM
I'm a Rockets fan. Then he has the nerve to say after the game he does this all the time and doesn't understand the big deal.

beasted86
03-20-2016, 09:29 AM
This is why you should go to college

Htownballa1622
03-20-2016, 11:46 AM
http://thebiglead.com/2012/03/12/on-a-mission-to-bring-a-brand-together-with-star-athletes/

Funny that nba used to endorse this hand grip stuff but I guess stickum is illegal.

This is really not that big of a deal.

Slap a fine on him or the Rocket's and move on.

mrblisterdundee
03-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Yeah; he should get a fine and a short suspension. Not putting **** on the ball is a rule so obvious it need not be spoken.
It'll be interesting to see how many teams throw this guy a max contract, much less the five-year max contract he seeks. It would have to be an maturer team, like Dallas, which needs exactly the skill set Howard provides.
Atlanta would be a good landing spot, if the Hawks lose Al Horford in free agency. The hometown pride factor might make Howard behave a little more professionally.

beasted86
03-20-2016, 02:37 PM
http://thebiglead.com/2012/03/12/on-a-mission-to-bring-a-brand-together-with-star-athletes/

Funny that nba used to endorse this hand grip stuff but I guess stickum is illegal.

This is really not that big of a deal.

Slap a fine on him or the Rocket's and move on.

Is it just me, or do Rockets fans almost always come off as very annoying when they try and defend players? Because its almost always a lie or half truth.

Mission CourtGrip is not Mueller Magic Grip. They said spray can in the article. That isn't a spray can. It's also not sticky, its like a solvent.

MiamiBoy77
03-20-2016, 02:38 PM
Weird. you'd think he'd be smart enough not grab the ball and rub the **** all over it at during a stoppage the second after he checked into the game. the guy's a ****ing maroon.

He's more red than maroon to me

KnickNyKnick
03-20-2016, 03:29 PM
one day youll see Dwight take a free throw and the ball will still be in his hands.

kobe4thewinbang
03-20-2016, 03:53 PM
Stickam? If so this dude is clearly a pedophile. Second strike.

5ass
03-20-2016, 04:03 PM

That's probably true actually. The past five years he's been shooting 51.1% from the line. The seven years before that he was shooting 60%. Five years ago his FT% dropped from 60% to 50% from the 2010-2011 season to 2011-2012.

HoodedSB
03-20-2016, 04:03 PM
Stickam? If so this dude is clearly a pedophile. Second strike.

What?

Aust
03-20-2016, 04:10 PM

Every game? I doubt he's done it every game, but he just admitted to cheating at the very least a LOT of games and showed no remorse or care. The NBA should show zero tolerance for something like this and suspended him a large number of games. Definitely the rest of the season.

CHANGO
03-20-2016, 04:16 PM
So that is illegal but he says he does that every game. HMMMMMMM...

Iron24th
03-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Lol

I feel bad for the poor team who will sign him this summer.

Htownballa1622
03-20-2016, 06:26 PM
Is it just me, or do Rockets fans almost always come off as very annoying when they try and defend players? Because its almost always a lie or half truth.

Mission CourtGrip is not Mueller Magic Grip. They said spray can in the article. That isn't a spray can. It's also not sticky, its like a solvent.

Bfd.

That's my point. I'm not defending Dwight. He's clearly not very smart.

There's a difference in saying no big deal vs defense of a player.

beasted86
03-20-2016, 07:26 PM
Bfd.

That's my point. I'm not defending Dwight. He's clearly not very smart.

There's a difference in saying no big deal vs defense of a player.

Actually, it sounded like you were trying to say Stickum has been used in the NBA before in defense.

I completely agree this is no big deal. Hit him with a fine or warning and call it a day.

blahblahyoutoo
03-21-2016, 12:45 PM
Howard on his Stickum: "I donít know why people are making a big deal out of it. I do it every game. Itís not a big deal. I ainít tripping.Ē

why would he be tripping? did someone stick their leg out in front of him while he was walking?

blahblahyoutoo
03-21-2016, 12:47 PM
apparently dwight likes his balls to be sticky.

Tony_Starks
03-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Not that big a deal but it's kindof sad to see how Dwight has fallen off.

Went from top 10 to barely mentioned at all....

Had a spark when he started but now he's just.....

Gibby23
03-21-2016, 01:49 PM
one day youll see Dwight take a free throw and the ball will still be in his hands.

lol, he goes up for a jump hook and comes back down with the ball.

kdspurman
03-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Not that big a deal but it's kindof sad to see how Dwight has fallen off.

Went from top 10 to barely mentioned at all....

Had a spark when he started but now he's just.....

idk, garbage is a stretch. but he's definitely fallen off, and the attitude/approach he takes isn't ideal.

Tony_Starks
03-21-2016, 02:32 PM
idk, garbage is a stretch. but he's definitely fallen off, and the attitude/approach he takes isn't ideal.

Impressed you can finish that line my good man!

Touchť Spurs fan!

aman_13
03-21-2016, 03:56 PM
I think he uses it so it's tougher for guards to strip the ball. Bigs also have a tendency to fumble the ball a little bit off rebounds. I'm just thinking out loud so i could be wrong.

I'm sure there is some sort of advantage for him to be using it for a long time.

kdspurman
03-21-2016, 06:09 PM
Impressed you can finish that line my good man!

Touchť Spurs fan!

:cheers:

I'm very familiar with those days man haha. Those were good times

brandt
03-21-2016, 08:59 PM
Only obvious houston fans see nothing wrong with this.
I'm a houston fan and I see something wrong with it. So there, you're wrong! Fine him, fine the coach for trying to hide it and fine the team too. Houston sucks this year so they deserve it anyway.

Scoots
03-21-2016, 09:05 PM
Has to get in trouble ... DAF.

It would be funny if he was suspended for the remainder of the season ... my guess is his suspension if it comes will be at the start of next year.

Scoots
03-21-2016, 09:09 PM
I'm a houston fan and I see something wrong with it. So there, you're wrong!

That's faulty logic. He said "Only obvious houston fans see nothing wrong with this." Not "All obvious houston fans see nothing wrong with this.".

That said, he is wrong, because I don't know that Dwight is a Rockets fan and he clearly doesn't think it's wrong.

mngopher35
03-21-2016, 09:14 PM
Rumors on roto and yahoo said he wouldn't be suspended when I checked earlier today.

Supreme LA
03-22-2016, 01:28 PM
What a joke. I don't even see the value in using it unless all you do is grab rebounds and dunk.

Oh wait

Lol my thoughts exactly.

Aust
03-23-2016, 01:37 AM
https://twitter.com/kickerofficial/status/712316516331593732

:laugh2:

5ass
03-23-2016, 02:13 AM
https://twitter.com/kickerofficial/status/712316516331593732

:laugh2:

Hahaha perfect

Saddletramp
03-23-2016, 02:40 AM
Shaq admitted to using it in the pregame tonight but I guess we'll just gloss over that. And I like how a Patriots fan is lollering.

I doubt he knew it was wrong. These guys don't know all of the rules. I think I heard Marv say that Howard doesn't like the chalk, so he switched to that. Or something.

Fine him and the team. It's wrong and I'm not sure how it can just be laying on the scorer's table and no one ever mentions it. For years.

Between this and Millsap hard fouling Harden a few years back, it's safe to say Houston wouldn't be on Millsap's list of preferred destinations.

Stinkyoutsider
03-23-2016, 10:20 AM
I kind of laughed after seeing the replay of Milsap getting ready to shoot the ball lol.

Seriously though, Howard shouldn't need stickem to put up double doubles like he should be doing on a nightly basis. Barkley is right about him. He's a hyena and not a lion.

mrblisterdundee
03-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Shaq admitted to using it in the pregame tonight but I guess we'll just gloss over that. And I like how a Patriots fan is lollering.
I doubt he knew it was wrong. These guys don't know all of the rules. I think I heard Marv say that Howard doesn't like the chalk, so he switched to that. Or something.

It sucks that Shaq apparently got away with it, but how do you not know that you shouldn't put stuff on the ball? It seems like that should be an unspoken rule.

Scoots
03-24-2016, 03:59 PM
It sucks that Shaq apparently got away with it, but how do you not know that you shouldn't put stuff on the ball? It seems like that should be an unspoken rule.

Ewing (the player, not the PSD poster) used to put stuff all over the ball all the time. :)

Scoots
03-24-2016, 04:15 PM
Watched it again and it's pretty strange what Howard was doing. He grabbed the ball and rubbed his hands on it before Millsap got it, then when Millsap tried to toss it back to the ref Howard tried to stop the ball, then after all that Howard went after Millsap and tried to shake his hand.

Strange indeed ... it's like he was trying to get into something.

FlashBolt
03-24-2016, 06:07 PM
This might be the biggest fall of an elite player in such a short time.. He went from being a top five player (top three IMO and had one season where LeBron was the only better player), to a complete clown. If any of you can name another player, shoot for it.. He still can't score, his defense has plummeted, yeah he is incredibly efficient but just because you can dunk doesn't mean you are a great center. A player makes winning plays... I don't see Howard making any of them. This guy really finds nothing wrong with messing with a ball.. the hell?

Scoots
03-24-2016, 06:31 PM
https://youtu.be/9mttD7MthB0?t=7m30s

Aust
03-25-2016, 06:31 AM

What does me being a Patriots fan have to do with anything?

Scoots
03-25-2016, 10:24 AM
What does me being a Patriots fan have to do with anything?

I think it has to do with the Patriot's history of ... shall we say ... challenging convention when it comes to the strictures and spirit of the rules.

Saddletramp
03-25-2016, 02:34 PM
I think it has to do with the Patriot's history of ... shall we say ... challenging convention when it comes to the strictures and spirit of the rules.

Yup. Sadder still that it had to be explained.